Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 30, 2012 7:57 PM

Aug 2009
Takumaku said:
NO NO NO NO NO. WHAT THE FUCK, I CANNOT ACCEPT THIS. All my dreams and expectations were shattered and blown away like scattered dust. How can my Alice-chan be a Prima? Q_Q

Was so expecting Akari and Aika to level up first. But, god damn... god damn...

Keep watching. xD
May 18, 2012 11:28 AM

Nov 2010
I wished my memories from reading the manga can be erased temporarily. I want to feel the "OMG" emotion once again when I read the manga of this episode years ago :p

But still, listening to Alice's canzone is very epic.
Sep 6, 2012 4:02 PM

Feb 2012
The only time I've heard singing in esperanto. It is a strangely beautiful language.
Sep 6, 2012 5:14 PM

Nov 2007
This was like the beautiful thing I've seen in an anime...ever ;_____; and Alice is my favorite so...

Sep 9, 2012 7:33 AM

Sep 2012
The best episode of Aria so far. I thought that I'll cry only at the last episode, but I've already noticed some tears on my cheeks.

The moment Alice began to sing... It was so wonderful, beautiful. This anime is going without a doubt in my favorite list.
Nov 3, 2012 7:23 PM

Aug 2011
Damn, ninjas are cutting onions right next to me! xD

Alice's song is so wonderful. Made me tear up a little bit!
Jan 6, 2013 7:01 AM

May 2012
BEST EPISODE EVER FROM ARIA!!! Really amazing we all knew what was going to happen when they took that road but what twist to be directly promoted to Prima! Alice-chan is really amazing :D I was so amazed when she sang damn what a wonderful episode
Mar 22, 2013 9:55 PM

Apr 2012
Oh my. My heart must have skipped a beat. I wouldn't say it's the best episode ever (golly are there some excellent ones here), but definitely the most touching.
Apr 1, 2013 1:00 PM

Mar 2012
Amazing episode. I've never expected for Alice to be promoted straight to Prima. I nearly cried. I reckon Akari will be the last of the 3 to be promoted. Always save the best for last!
Apr 27, 2013 4:21 PM
Mar 2013
So I knew I glove would be coming off early on on the episode and I was so happy for her, but for some reason my mind is in a funk now because I wanted Akari to be prima first. Mixed emotions...
Apr 29, 2013 11:57 AM

Dec 2009
beautiful, this is just BEAUTIFUL!!! cant get any perfect than that! T^T
Jun 16, 2013 7:05 AM

Oct 2012
predictable but still cant believe it... since she is the most talent undine...
Congratulation..... XD

Jul 3, 2013 4:05 AM

Apr 2010
now that was a surprise, to say the least. i was definitely not expecting the second glove to come off as well.

i'll admit to tearing up during the glove removing. Alice deserves it with all the growth she went through starting from the beginning of the first season to her amazing double promotion and the first ever promotion from a pair straight to prima, might i add.
Jul 23, 2013 10:45 AM

May 2012
Not going to lie but I teared up at the end of the episode. Hands down the best episode wait let me rephrase that, one of the BEST episodes I've seen in anime EVER. I've seen from Aria so far but I still have 4 episodes left along with the OVA. Well this episode basically secured the 10 for this series. I was at a 9 until I saw this episode. It just won it for me.

But dam when we all knew that she was going to be promoted somehow but when I saw Athena reach out for the second gloves I was like HOLY SHIT. Episode was done so elegantly and everything was just so natural.
Rest in beats.
- Nujabes

Aug 6, 2013 6:57 PM

Jan 2013
This right here is the definition of a flawless episode.
Sep 29, 2013 7:44 PM

Dec 2012
This episode had to be the biggest surprise I've seen in anime in a long time. The entire time it was building up to Alice getting promoted and I was sitting here thinking "oh she's finally becoming a Single, good for her!" When she started singing, my eyes got watery. When she got promoted, a tear or two escaped but I was like "that was amazing." And then, Athena moved her hands to the other glove...

Absolutely breathtaking, tears flowing and I couldn't stop smiling in amazement at this episode. Congratulations Alice, the Orange Princess!

Edit: It's funny, the finale for Shingeki no Kyojin was yesterday. And although I enjoyed it, this literally felt 100x more satisfying, I'm so happy right now.
ZekkenshinSep 29, 2013 7:50 PM
Nov 13, 2013 3:37 PM

Sep 2007
Wow. Just wow.

Dec 10, 2013 2:23 PM

Nov 2011
The dialogues....the atmosphere...the orange sky. Perfection.

I also love the song this episode.
Dec 13, 2013 6:11 PM

Mar 2009
FUCK. Hooooooly shit I was in tears. This episode was beautiful.
I can't believe how much better Origination is compared to the first two seasons. And they were good enough!

I'm looking forward to the next couple of episodes when Aika and Akari plot to kill Alice out of sheer jealousy.

...but seriously, amazing episode.
Jan 4, 2014 4:21 AM

Sep 2012
This was a beautiful episode.
Jan 18, 2014 8:22 AM
Aug 2013
One of my favorites episode without doubt, and the tears of happiness came!
Looking forward for more
Mar 3, 2014 7:50 PM

Mar 2012
CAN'T STOP CRYING
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Mar 29, 2014 4:30 PM

Nov 2013
WOW, didn't see it coming, even more surprisingly in aria
omedetou Alice-chan!
inochi ga kurikaesu naraba nandomo kimi no moto e ...
... if life can be repeated, i'll go to you many times over
Apr 7, 2014 6:25 AM

Oct 2010
That was amazing. Alice's song had me in tears. Best episode yet!
Apr 19, 2014 9:44 AM

Sep 2012
That was... that was beautiful. ;-;
May 2, 2014 9:24 AM

Oct 2011
God damn it, i am totally speechless with this episode.
i am very excited when i think alice became a single, and then athena remove alice's other glove. "What the... Holly shie... OMG". Nobody expect alice is the first one to became a prima undine.
apalagiMay 2, 2014 9:32 AM
May 4, 2014 6:10 AM

Nov 2013
I like how they completely surprised me with the second glove. From the beginning I thought it was just a gonna be beautiful episode with her first promotion for Alice, and then the magic happen, Athena pulls the second glove and I'm like "What? Whaaaat?"

5/5
Jun 12, 2014 2:02 AM

Aug 2010
Jesus Christ I'm bawling my eyes out over here!

It was one thing to finally see someone becoming a single, but to think Alice would just skip to being a prima...absolutely heartwarming.

The show did justice to Alice's growth both psychically and mentally, I genuinely felt happy for her as if I had known her throughout all these years. Marvelous episode, absolutely beautiful. Prima/10.
Aug 28, 2014 2:29 PM

Jul 2010
Really beautiful episode.
“Are there some unseen roles that we have unknowingly set ourselves into, dictating the rules of engagement whenever we see each other, inevitably leading to us hurting each other?”
Oct 31, 2014 7:33 AM

Nov 2013
Godlike episode. 7 and 8 were just a build-up to this, and they were very good on their own.

I'm glad that I kept watching Aria, it looks like this season will reward me for my patience.
Nov 18, 2014 9:19 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
First time, i legitimately cried for minutes since Clannad After Story.
Jan 23, 2015 1:50 PM

Jul 2014
kokusho36 said:
Godlike episode. 7 and 8 were just a build-up to this, and they were very good on their own.

If I could I would give this episode 12/10 :D
I was expecting promotion to Single but not to Prima :O

After watching this I think Akari will be the last one to get promotion to Prima.
Feb 3, 2015 4:07 PM

Mar 2012
ImmahJosh said:
CAN'T STOP CRYING
This episode is was even more beautiful the second time around. I actually cry every time.

GO ALICE GO!
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Feb 17, 2015 10:08 AM

Oct 2014
The moment you know MAL's rating system is flawed is when you want to rate an episode 6/5, but MAL only give maximum option to 5/5.

As for the episode...

No... just... no. This is my first time seeing Origination. Before, I've read Aria the manga and on the last 15/last 10 chapters, I either puke rainbow in wonder, or crying an ocean especially at Alice-chan's promotion and.. uhm... the last chapter. According to my calculation, I should not shed a tear and able to compose myself better when watching the anime, cos I already read the manga!

So why the hell I still shed tears at this episode!? WHY!?

No... just... no. I'm a man. I'M A FRIGGIN' MAN!

HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Mar 12, 2015 9:56 AM

May 2010
Ah man, I was trembling while watching the last few minutes... Alice got promoted first in a single go! Such a powerful scene. This episode was legendary.
May 6, 2015 2:58 PM

Nov 2013
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
May 13, 2015 6:07 AM

Dec 2013
This episode was absolutely beautiful! I knew she was going to get promoted, but not to a Prima :')
Jun 7, 2015 3:49 PM

May 2012
this anime is so fucking beautiful, and peaceful and touching, i have never felt so happy to the point of tears while watching an anime (at least not in a log while), i was literally crying almost the entire episode after i realized where they were headed, i didn't expect the grade jump though, oh were the tears falling, absolutely beautiful.

Smudy said:
First time, i legitimately cried for minutes since Clannad After Story.

+1
Jun 26, 2015 11:38 PM

Feb 2015
Athena taking off Alice's gloves gave me goosebumps. Great episode.
Jul 8, 2015 6:16 PM

Mar 2014
This is it. I can't... No. I decided to read the whole Aria manga before starting to watch the final season, so I knew that this scene will eventually happen. And I was so afraid of seeing this particular moment animated, that it took me quite a long time until I had the guts to watch Origination.

There couldn't be a better build-up like this. All the little hints from Athena, from her idea of Alice "playing an Undine" to the picnic and all the other small things to the "Do your best!" from the Himeya Undine, I enjoyed every single second. Everyone knows what will happen when Alice is going to enter the lock...

And then, the greatest moment of anime history comes on screen. The canzone was more beautiful than I ever could imagine, in combination with the orange sunset, which the manga couldn't deliver. The feelings when Athena removed one glove, making Alice a Pair.. and the surprise and the incredible joy when Athena took the second, making Alice a new legend amongst all Undines. I lost it, really. I cried like I never did before, not because of sorrow, but of bliss.

I had few doubts about giving Origination 10/10, but this episode finally nailed it down. I have to re-organise all my previous ratings to match this wonderful piece of art and joy. I will never regret watching this, not a single second.

The series is about to end... The happiness won't linger...
Jul 30, 2015 3:11 PM
Jun 2014
While it was a good episode on paper, i can't help but feel it was off in some ways. Alice is still way too childish, and should be a single until she's a bit more mature, and the way she just overcame all her weaknesses in a flash just felt odd as well.
Sep 22, 2015 8:42 AM

Aug 2011
Stormen said:
While it was a good episode on paper, i can't help but feel it was off in some ways. Alice is still way too childish, and should be a single until she's a bit more mature, and the way she just overcame all her weaknesses in a flash just felt odd as well.

Exactly what's on my mind too.
Alice's still too childish proven by how she show less respect to her senior at previous episode.. (Stil remember the torn-letter part?)
I can understand and predict her to become a single, but to become a prima, it's jut many responsibilities waiting ahead. But Oh! at least this show is start to progress. Can't wait to see til they are all becoming a Prima.

**☾**
Oct 3, 2015 11:18 AM

Feb 2015
Wow, a beautiful episode. I kind of teared up a bit there, so exciting to see Alice has become a prima, can't wait for Akari and Aika to receive their promotions soon.
Nov 10, 2015 12:36 PM

Aug 2015
Deffintly my favourite episode so far. I expected the promotion the minute Athena wanted Alice to take her on a tour.. Just didn't expect the double promotion at all.

I always thought it was Alice going to be the first to become a prima, since she is well talented. I would've liked to see some training in previous episodes, so I could get an idea of how much further Alice was ahead of the other girls. Also hopping we get to see the others sing when their promoted.

I'm hoping Akari's promotion lives up to that. Sent chills up my spine. Was wondering why there's been so much Alice and Athena development before this.

5/5
Nov 12, 2015 2:53 AM
Nov 2014
Congratulation, Kohai-chan!
Nov 13, 2015 6:37 AM

Aug 2015
Why is this episode so good, best episode of the whole series so far. From the time Alice was singing, can't help but shed a manly tears of joy for the 1st time since Gurren Lagann because of her becoming a Prima and sadness because she can barely meet her senpais now that that she's a Prima now. Anyway congrats Kohai-chan.
Nov 17, 2015 5:01 AM
Aug 2011
Wow I definitely saw the promotion coming but I was shocked at the double promotion.
I was stunned as soon as Athena grabbed Alice's other hand. That plus the singing was really lovely, my tears wouldn't stop tbh.

One thing that Aria didn't make very clear to me is what set of rules or conditions (if any) apply to promotions, exams, etc.
A lot of it just seems made up as it progresses, but hey, that allows for better surprises like this so i'm not complaining.

Vitka_Lynx said:
I had to think it over, if Alice really deserved it more than her senpais... A bit disappointed, because it wasn't obvious for me that her skills were that great.

I know this comment is really old but there were hints other than verbal ones that Alice was far more skilled than she should have been.
For example there was an episode earlier (can't remember which one) where the 3 girls were out practicing and Alice does a little maneuver whilst rowing and you see Aika pause/stare at her while thinking silently something along the lines about how Alice had great control.

Surely someone else remembers this specific scene in way better detail than I have.
Nov 25, 2015 9:10 PM

Nov 2010
Oh, Wooooooooow, Alice chan <333333
This was such a beautiful episode. i just wanna go ahead watch it again.
Dec 9, 2015 9:23 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Best episode ever. Orange Princess finally becomes a Prima. I had a feeling Alice would become Prima first but double promotion, now that's surprising. And it's the first time seeing the higher ups. Sadly Alice will have less time to be with her friends. She's now a Prima and like all Primas, their work increases. Alicia Akira and Athena don't see each other often.

The scenery during their picnic was beautiful. Country side Neo-Venenzia.

Jan 4, 2016 1:05 AM

Aug 2008
OMG! Finally. Been waiting for this moment since Aria the Animation. Alice is finally a Prima. Yes, easily the best episode ever. I actually forgot that Alice is not a Single yet.
ZapredonJan 4, 2016 1:09 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Mar 31, 2008

318 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Mar 6, 6:50 AM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 7, 2008

98 by Nius1 »»
Nov 9, 2023 1:50 PM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 3 Discussion

StarCreator - Jan 30, 2008

38 by Jungle_Warrior »»
Sep 9, 2023 1:38 AM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dtshyk - Mar 24, 2008

90 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Aug 30, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - May 5, 2008

51 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Aug 30, 2023 1:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.