Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2010 11:28 AM

Oct 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Gon...BAMF...nuff said

also I see no note about a hiatus...and that makes me happy
Mar 11, 2010 12:28 PM

Aug 2007
Alright Gon vs Pitou is underway. No hiatus yay
Mar 11, 2010 12:30 PM
Jun 2007
Dreamtheater2112 said:
also I see no note about a hiatus...and that makes me happy

that alone warrants a 5/5 for this chapter. This fight is long overdue with all the hype that came with it, what, almost 2 years ago?
Mar 11, 2010 12:49 PM

Apr 2009
Good chapter, and now we'l finally have the fight.
10 bucks on Gon btw :P
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 11, 2010 1:35 PM

Jan 2009
Are they actually gonna fight though? Seems more like they're gonna revive Kaito. Although I can't imagine this not ending in a fight.

But I also wanna know what happens to the King, and who's gonna defeat him?

This arc takes so long it's driving me crazy. Also, this manga rocks =D
Mar 11, 2010 2:52 PM

Jul 2006
I usually dont search for spoilers for this series, but since this wouldve been the time Togashi would usually go on hiatus, I was checking for spoilers like crazy. Even more than One Piece, and am soooooooooooooo relieved. Then again, he could always do 11 chaps and go on break..... =\

And I honestly dont think they will fight the next chapter, or the one after that. Pitou still needs to revive Kaito, and then there is Mereum. This arc has gone on way too long, and there is still a lot more to it. HOPEFULLY Togashi finishes the arc, so we can get an anime series by the fall =\

Mar 11, 2010 3:30 PM

Dec 2009
How long has this arc been going on? (I mean in chapters).
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 11, 2010 4:07 PM
Feb 2008
Since chapter 186.... more than 100 chapters already!

And yay, 5/5, no hiatus!
the chapter itself was okay.
Mar 11, 2010 6:02 PM
Dec 2009
Gon was fierce...
Mar 11, 2010 10:35 PM

Nov 2007
Yes! Face off between Gon and Pitou =D about time, but shame Gon didn't talk with Palm =/ oh well.
Mar 11, 2010 11:51 PM

Oct 2007
jeez every chapter that goes by, every time we see gon its like he stares into your soul and will kill your whole family for breathing wrong O_O he has been transformed into one stone-cold badass of a 12 year old (how old is he again? lol)
Mar 12, 2010 12:48 AM
Apr 2009
Beautiful mind games. Don't you just love an intelligent Shounen lead? No hiatus, let's hope Togashi warps this arc up with out going on break.

I don't think Gon is going to go head to head with Pitou, hell Pitou mentions how easily he could dispatch of Gon. Gon got something up his sleeve though.
Mar 12, 2010 12:59 AM

Aug 2007
Shiken said:
jeez every chapter that goes by, every time we see gon its like he stares into your soul and will kill your whole family for breathing wrong O_O he has been transformed into one stone-cold badass of a 12 year old (how old is he again? lol)

Well considering the months of training and time spent thru arcs Gon should be about 14 now not 12.
Mar 12, 2010 3:55 AM

Jan 2008
God I fucking love Hunter x Hunter. It just felt so epic when the other two were thinking "What the hell have they been through to make them think like this?"

It really is gratifying to have a SHOUNEN main character think critically and plan for several contingencies.
Mar 13, 2010 12:09 AM
Mar 2010
Gon's intensity was nice and well orchestrated, got the point across that he was sick of waiting. Don't blame him, so am I, lol.
Las Lindas!!

Wanna know more? Too bad. They're all mine!

And you can't have Rachael...I saw her first!
Mar 14, 2010 1:10 AM

Oct 2007
Giant KNOCK ON WOOD for there not being an immediate hiatus after this chapter. Still taking forever to get the battle, but at least it's immanent now. I love how Komugi's a hostage now. Odds are with Yupi and Pufu feeding Meruem back to life, he'll come to liberate her, but it's still an unexpected twist from Gon of all people.

Can't wait for the battle to finally start. Haven't seen Gon fight in forever.
Mar 15, 2010 2:12 PM

Aug 2009
haha, I find it funny how everyone's like "OKAY GUYS, IT'S NOT GOING ON HIATUS... YET!!!" why's everyone expecting it to go on hiatus any moment now? Okay, don't answer that.... =P

Anyway, great ep. Much, much, much better than last week's gay ep. =_=
May 14, 2010 10:11 AM

Jun 2008
Am i the only one who finds Kon's change a little sudden. He suddenly looks like his cold-hearted and willing to kill an innocent child just to get what he wants while just before they get to that palace he didn't show such possibility of behaving like that.
This mangaka tries to show sentiments and staff but the changes he makes, many times come out of nowhere. Pitou's behavior seems strange also. I understand her loyalty and willingness to beg for fulfilling the kings request but the terror she feels in frond of Gon is unexplainable. Is like he can kill her with one move. Have i missed a super power-up somewhere along the way?

Lol blind girl completely lost and having no idea what the king is.
Mar 21, 2014 7:03 PM

Jan 2013
nope, not sudden change at all in GON (with a k), kaito: his friend, his father's close friend and student, and gon's mentor (who saved his life as one of his first memories) was transformed into some horrific beast BY Pitou, the one he's so angry with.

and no massive boost in power yet, they said how Pitou could slash Gon's throat with one strike, or atleast she THOUGHT she could.
Gon's just pissed and sick of waiting, while his friend/mentor's life is on the line.
I also didnt see where he was per say "willing" to kill a girl so much as just "willing" to make a threat, his character shows he wouldnt do it, Im almost 110%, that is just a threat to get Pitou to hurry, AND as of now, he just assumes the girl is another enemy as there has been no indication to him otherwise.

I do think Pitou's emotional change is a little extreme, but there seems to be big emotional changes going on with all the ants so I'm assuming this has to do with the central theme at this part in the arc.

she IS funny though, all confused, and innocent ^ ^
I think Gon's boldness and anger is, like you guys said 4 years ago, BAMF lol.
dextronautMar 21, 2014 7:17 PM
Oct 19, 2017 6:32 AM

Nov 2010
Another great chapter. Everything with Gon has been so intense ever since he encountered Pitou and yet it keeps getting better and better. We truly see how cold and determined he is to get his way. He even threatens to kill Komugi, an innocent woman he knows nothing about. Of course, we don't know if there's any truth in this threat, but he would never even have said anything like that in the previous arcs. That image of him when he says it sure looks convincing though. Togashi really is a master of portraying emotions in his drawings.

And then he uses Komugi as a hostage, which seems to surprise both Pitou and Knuckle.

I can't think of any other protagonist in a shounen manga that would ever have this kind of development or act this way. It sure is amazing.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 51 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jul 25, 2014

4 by Farm-key »»
Feb 18, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.