Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 12, 2010 2:02 PM

Sep 2008
desolato said:
Seriously, people, use spoiler tags?
Don't just go wild and assume stuff, you might spoil it for others.

Niklai said:
we should have anti-fag association for those who fail to spoiler tag

Why would you go into a thread called Durarara!! Episode 10 discussion before having watched the actual episode? And then complain about being spoiled. What did you think we're here to talk about something else?

Use common sense people.

5camp said:
Anyone who complains about spoilers for this specific episode, take heed of my words: This is a discussion for what just happened in the episode. If you don't want to get spoiled, watch the bloody episode before you come in here.

As for the episode itself, I did not expect Mikado to be the Dollars creator. For some god only knows reason I thought it was Simon...

Thank you, my words exactly. Atleast one person here is smart.

And for people who couldn't put the pieces of mikado being the creator of dollars from the end of this episode, from reading the context in the situation, I pity you.
Mar 12, 2010 2:07 PM

Dec 2009
mel said:
And for people who couldn't put the pieces of mikado being the creator of dollars from the end of this episode, from reading the context in the situation, I pity you.
why? the fun of this show is putting the puzzle pieces together... for yourself.
Mar 12, 2010 2:07 PM

Jun 2007
loving it. getting more interesting. wanting more.
Mar 12, 2010 2:09 PM

May 2009
Well that was a nice kick, even Chuck is embarrassed by it :P
Mar 12, 2010 2:21 PM

May 2008
I rofl @ Selty's Kick and Izaya's Stomp
francismeunier said:
Mar 12, 2010 2:22 PM

Sep 2009
Mikado = super suspicious Dollars leader, eh? He doesn't give off that "secretly total gangster" aura. Even in his monologues, he's totally passive! Well, I suppose the next episodes will be interesting then.

Also, Celty is a beast. That kick was awesome.

And why is it that every time Izaya is on screen, he manages to do something that makes my love for him grow ^ 10?
Mar 12, 2010 2:41 PM

Jan 2010
Okay, I think Mikado is more than part of the dollars. I mean, he clearly said:

And I am dead serious when I say this is the ONLY anime in which I like EVERY single character. Izaya and Shizuo are enemies, yet we all love them both.
Celty is amazing. So is Shinra. Mikado and Kida and Anri rock. They are all just amazing!

And damn, they totally left us hanging with Mikado's close confession.
"I..." Ending theme. lol.

jog said:

( i lied, i also wanted to comment on izaya's magical motorbike. )

lmao, yes! that was a win.
deadaccount0000Mar 12, 2010 2:44 PM
Mar 12, 2010 2:47 PM

Jan 2010
msdoodles said:
magelet said:
Awesome episode!! Is it just me, or was Mikado's password at the end there "baccano"? XD

I noticed that too!
It made my day. :)
The password for the Dollars' website has been baccano all along. Since episode 5 or 6 I think, the first time they showed us the site.
Mar 12, 2010 2:59 PM

Aug 2009
When Mikado logged on to the Dollars site, was anyone else reminded of Light's "I'll take a potato chip... and eat it!" scene with the epic computer mouse and fast typing? XD
Mar 12, 2010 3:04 PM

Aug 2009
Durn said:
When Mikado logged on to the Dollars site, was anyone else reminded of Light's "I'll take a potato chip... and eat it!" scene with the epic computer mouse and fast typing? XD

I was just about to type this.

EPIC USING A MOUSE! (I didn't know a mouse could leave skid marks)
Mar 12, 2010 3:05 PM

Jul 2009
Izaya stomping anything = love.
Mar 12, 2010 3:10 PM
Dec 2007
Mikado is going all epic win in this episode and the developments were fantastic and incredibly well executed. All the scenes and characters interactions were just huge too. This was clearly the best episode of the season we just saw. I think Ohmori/Brains Base have found the right formula to the perfect Baccano-styled anime (which was poorly executed and too messy to be called a great show) now.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 12, 2010 3:13 PM
Dec 2009
i pretty sure they're talking about Index not Railgun. Misaka is in both but Himegami is not in Railgun.

i did unfortunately read a spoiler several weeks ago, but it made it no less enjoyable.

and as we have all said, Izaya is just plain awesome. i want to see a complete fight between him and Shizuo at some point soon.
Mar 12, 2010 3:37 PM

Apr 2007
Awesome.
I was eagerly waiting for Mikado to show his true colors, since I already read a little about him, and it was better than I imagined :3
Mar 12, 2010 3:40 PM

Feb 2008
suna19 said:
i did unfortunately read a spoiler several weeks ago, but it made it no less enjoyable.

Ah, I got into the same situation, but it's as you said ;) Mikado is now in badassery mode! Here comes the main stuff now :P Celty was awesome with her kick, and Izaya was hilarious jumping on that guy (literally) and imitating a motorbike. xD

Can't wait to see the next ep. :P
Mar 12, 2010 3:43 PM

Jan 2010
Jacut said:
I think Ohmori/Brains Base have found the right formula to the perfect Baccano-styled anime (which was poorly executed and too messy to be called a great show) now.
That's kind of a pointless remark, considering both animes are created by the same studios. Anyplex & Brains Base.
Mar 12, 2010 3:44 PM

Jun 2009
When I grow up....I wanna be just like Izaya.

God! I laughed hard at this episode. Needless to say, brilliant, just brilliant. Mikado has now earned my respect.
So is anyone else thinking that Kida has some connection to this battle between the yellow scarves and blue squares?
AidanAK47Mar 12, 2010 3:51 PM

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Mar 12, 2010 3:49 PM

Dec 2008
I can't get enough of Izaya - he's just too awesome xD

Great episode overall, though, and I love how the plot is really picking up the pace. Yay, Mikado~
Mar 12, 2010 4:02 PM

Jan 2010
AidanAK47 said:

When I grow up... I want to be just like Shizuo (in girl form) XD
Mar 12, 2010 4:06 PM

Apr 2008
Lol Mikado is imitating Light's epic writing with his epic mouse moving.
Mar 12, 2010 4:07 PM

Jun 2009
nicoliolipoli said:
AidanAK47 said:

When I grow up... I want to be just like Shizuo (in girl form) XD

When i grow up... I want to be like Selty (in man form) ?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 12, 2010 4:09 PM

May 2008
Kida's such a spaz xD

AND IZAYA IS SO FUCKING AWESOME. Best character EVER. Oh god. I love him ten times as much now.

&looks like Mikado's finally revealing his identity. It's getting somewhere now~

Mar 12, 2010 4:11 PM

Feb 2010
WAA is all I can say to this show !
I always thought this show was amazing, but now, WOAH, I LOVE IT !

It's really beggining to develop a exciting and twisted plot, and it's heading towards a really weird but awsome series. I simply just loved mikado and izaya in this !

lol; btw did anyone notice that mikado's computer password was Baccano ? funny.
Mar 12, 2010 4:16 PM

Feb 2010

God! I laughed hard at this episode. Needless to say, brilliant, just brilliant. Mikado has now earned my respect.
So is anyone else thinking that Kida has some connection to this battle between the yellow scarves and blue squares?

Mar 12, 2010 4:23 PM

Aug 2008
Ginkarasu said:

yea, yea, all noticed.
like, a month ago when it was showed first time -_-
Mar 12, 2010 4:43 PM

Feb 2010
Niklai said:
Ginkarasu said:

yea, yea, all noticed.
like, a month ago when it was showed first time -_-

oh sorry... -_-
I'm being slow..
Mar 12, 2010 5:08 PM
Nov 2009
Grimmm said:
I love this show. <3
That's really all I can say. Great episode.

Pretty much this.
WARNING - HIGHLY TOXIC
If contact with skin occurs, RIP IT OFFFF OH GOD MY MIND
Mar 12, 2010 5:12 PM

Aug 2009
On the other hand of thinking that this episode was just brilliant with amazing twist, I started to get worried. This is fast. Way too fast. This is not even a middle of the episode, yet some of the major twists are already out. I can't believe they will going to have 14 more episodes for everything. I just try to force myself on thinking that there will be something big beside all of this, (like Shinra Mystery,Izaya past, Russian Sushi + Simon, and some mysterious American company) but... this is just... rushed.

Besides that, brilliant. Izaya is my idol now. Plus, my guess was right... Mikado WAS the leader of dollars... xD

Jackpot
Mar 12, 2010 5:19 PM

Jan 2010
ringoo4 said:
On the other hand of thinking that this episode was just brilliant with amazing twist, I started to get worried. This is fast. Way too fast. This is not even a middle of the episode, yet some of the major twists are already out. I can't believe they will going to have 14 more episodes for everything. I just try to force myself on thinking that there will be something big beside all of this, (like Shinra Mystery,Izaya past, Russian Sushi + Simon, and some mysterious American company) but... this is just... rushed.

I know! You have such a good point! The thing is, I reallyyyy wish ( as do other people im sure) that Durarara could go past these 24 episodes of epicness and be the start of a new popular on-going anime. But, it probably won't happen :(
Mar 12, 2010 5:39 PM

Aug 2009
nicoliolipoli said:
ringoo4 said:

I know! You have such a good point! The thing is, I reallyyyy wish ( as do other people im sure) that Durarara could go past these 24 episodes of epicness and be the start of a new popular on-going anime. But, it probably won't happen :(
That's pretty much expecting this anime to be another naruto/bleach/dragon ball/d-grey mand, which I don't really appreciate.
Mar 12, 2010 5:43 PM

Feb 2008
GOD THIS EPISODE LEFT ME SOO EXCITED!!

As usual my love goes out to Kida & Izaya for their sheer awesomeness. But this episode really made me like Mikado a lot more. <3

So looking forward to the next episode and Mikado epicness! :D
Mar 12, 2010 5:49 PM

Jan 2010
ringoo4 said:
nicoliolipoli said:
ringoo4 said:

That's pretty much expecting this anime to be another naruto/bleach/dragon ball/d-grey mand, which I don't really appreciate.

You don't appreciate the idea of Durarara being longer? Or you don't appreciate the animes you just listed?
(If it's choice number two, I don't appreciate those, either xp)
Mar 12, 2010 5:55 PM

Jan 2010
I absolutely loved Mikado in this episode, he's showing his true colors. Selty punching that girl's boyfriend in the face and Izaya jumping on him was hilarious~ Kida was as cute as always. Also, did anyone catch the password being "baccano" when Mikado was typing something in his computer? I thought that was pretty cool, idk why. P:

Overall, really good episode and I can't wait for next week!
Mar 12, 2010 5:57 PM

Aug 2009
I don't want Drrr to be long. 24 episodes are the best for it;I don't think it will able to sustain from keeping mystery and twist if it will become endless shonen series. It has a large cast, but still limited. So, they will have to feed even more characters to make it longer, which means death of the anime.

Anyway, I was very impressed about direction overall in this episode. I like how all three Kanra, Tanaka Tauro, Setton-san finally met in one place... The only thing I concern is a contents for next 14 episodes.
Mar 12, 2010 5:59 PM

Jan 2010
ringoo4 said:
I don't want Drrr to be long. 24 episodes are the best for it;I don't think it will able to sustain from keeping mystery and twist if it will become endless shonen series. It has a large cast, but still limited. So, they will have to feed even more characters to make it longer, which means death of the anime.

Damn. You got me there. I do not want death, and if the series becomes longer,
fillers will come and people won't appreciate Durarara as much.
Thanks for setting me straight >.<
Mar 12, 2010 6:39 PM
Dec 2008
Durn said:

So I wasn't the only one...
Mar 12, 2010 6:48 PM

Mar 2009
lol using the guy as a trampoline.
Awesome as always, things really picked up during the second half especially the end
Mar 12, 2010 6:53 PM

Jan 2010
If the anime goes on for too long, people will start to get bored with it. If it ends after 12-24 episodes, then peoples' memory of it will be based on those few gems, not the long-as-hell crap that would come later.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Mar 12, 2010 7:05 PM

Jun 2007
francismeunier said:
I am just curious as to how would a person like Mikado suddenly....
he did remind me a little of Izaya when he started to make the phone calls and internet search.....does he have a information network as good as Izaya might?

In the first episode he mentioned that he never left his home town and that he kind of grew scared of leaving. So I'm assuming he originally started Dollars just so he'd have like minded people (people that don't want to live normal lives) to talk to while he was home. It probably just grew over time. Essentially it would be like if you started an IRC chat room and started inviting people you knew who where into the same stuff as you. Then had them invite a random person and so on and so forth.

I'm sure there's some elaborate reason behind it though. The whole show has been using 6 degrees of separation so I'm sure they'll try and tie it into how Dollars was started.
Mar 12, 2010 7:39 PM
Apr 2009
I fucking love this anime!
Mar 12, 2010 7:45 PM

Mar 2009
The jig is up.
Mar 12, 2010 8:05 PM

Sep 2008
I want Izaya as my HUSBANDO.
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Mar 12, 2010 8:19 PM

Sep 2009
I loved this episode. It's like I'm in love with this show all over again.
Mar 12, 2010 8:21 PM

Aug 2009
ringoo4 said:

Well think of it this way.

If it's this awesome now and it can keep this quality all the way (this each episode just about better than the last) just imagine how much win we're in for the future.
Mar 12, 2010 8:39 PM

Apr 2009
Ahhhh Mikado :D
Mar 12, 2010 8:59 PM
May 2009
Usami-Haru said:
Durn said:

So I wasn't the only one...

Same here! xD

I liked the expansion of Mikado's character, but I felt this episode to be quite slow. I mean, it's definitely not my favorite but it did reveal some revealing parts. xD

The animation sucked, especially with Kida's face. So 3/5 for this episode.
Mar 12, 2010 9:04 PM

Aug 2009
garfield15 said:
Well think of it this way.

If it's this awesome now and it can keep this quality all the way (this each episode just about better than the last) just imagine how much win we're in for the future.
Haha. Over 9001 wins?... xP
Mar 12, 2010 9:57 PM

Oct 2009
DeathfireD said:
francismeunier said:
I am just curious as to how would a person like Mikado suddenly....
he did remind me a little of Izaya when he started to make the phone calls and internet search.....does he have a information network as good as Izaya might?

In the first episode he mentioned that he never left his home town and that he kind of grew scared of leaving. So I'm assuming he originally started Dollars just so he'd have like minded people (people that don't want to live normal lives) to talk to while he was home. It probably just grew over time. Essentially it would be like if you started an IRC chat room and started inviting people you knew who where into the same stuff as you. Then had them invite a random person and so on and so forth.

I'm sure there's some elaborate reason behind it though. The whole show has been using 6 degrees of separation so I'm sure they'll try and tie it into how Dollars was started.
Good to have you back DeathfireD....... I see so it's more in the direction of creating a social group that turns out into a gang that wants nothing to do with a normal living.....kind of like pure freedom? I am assuming something like that but in truth the real reason is what I want to know about.....the 6 degrees of separation....I did not really understand that but each degree has to do with a particular element of development?

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 12, 2010 11:41 PM

Aug 2008
nicoliolipoli said:

.... no. when an anime becomes on-going, bad things happen. fillers are murderous, may i remind you.

ryugamine, an awesome name
Mar 12, 2010 11:57 PM
Jun 2008
Information is the greatest weapon in any war!!!!!!
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

330 by Beatnik »»
Feb 25, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

455 by ryzxgum »»
Jan 19, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Mar 31, 2010

336 by 2life »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.