Durarara!! Episode 10 Discussion

Pages (7) 0.4 [1.4] 2.4 3.4 » ... Last »
Poll: Durarara!! Episode 10 Discussion

03-12-10, 1:57 AM

Fantastic episode.
Modified by Diceroll, 03-12-10, 8:28 PM

03-12-10, 2:01 AM

Meddigo said:

How are you supposed to know that's the Dollars web chat in the first episode? o_0

That said, fun episode. If Mikado has a huge change like Jacuzzi did, that can only improve Durarara even more.

I wasn't saying that you should have known in right when the anime started, but from right now referring to when it started.

03-12-10, 2:19 AM

Awesome. Just awesome.

Loved the detail that his pass was baccano

03-12-10, 2:32 AM

This is out of control, but I like it. Really, don´t you just sometimes want to stomp someone in the face that´s thát obnoxious? Great guy, nevertheless. Hm.. Izaya having a close case of borderline? I couldn't suppress a smirk when he went al 'lalalala I'mma jumping on your back now'. And.. Ryugamine is now finally ready to take part of the story, nice.. His time to shine, and that 'hallelujah' moment.. This might throw things up in the mix again.

EDIT: People, some speculations may even require a spoiler tag for the less up-to-date watchers.

francismeunier said:

Usami-Haru said:
Oh man I missed the stream this week. Stupid earthquakes.
What earthquakes? Did not hear on the news of it at all....

Are you kídding me? ... wut? no, again, hnngh?
Modified by desolato, 03-12-10, 2:36 AM

03-12-10, 2:53 AM

awesome episode, this series is getting better every week
Izaya trampoline was great, like Togusa getting angry XD
the end was epic, Mikado is a dollars member?!?
looking forward to the next episode

5/5

03-12-10, 3:00 AM

oh good god this anime is amazing.
Even with reading spoilers I could barely believe Mikado was the leader of the Dollars until now.
This is also probably the episode that's made me laugh the most so far. :D
Ahhh, Izaya amazes me more every episode <33

03-12-10, 3:01 AM

This show never fails to amaze me. It keeps getting better and better and finally Mikado is more involved in the story.

Wait, wait, wait... when did it explain Mikado was the leader of the Dollars?

03-12-10, 3:08 AM

oh wow Mikado is the leader of the dollars?? isn't that Jaccuzzi all over again? lol
now I understand what business Izaya had with him...
awesome ep, even if it lacked some Shizuo... (but how many times can Izaya survive heavy objects flying at his head ^__^)

03-12-10, 4:23 AM

haha.. i guess it's starting now.. with all the pieces together.. so far, all this anime was doing was introductions on everything but they did an artistically fine job there, too.. and now, i guess the plot starts.. what a way to get out of your normal life.. haha..

03-12-10, 4:35 AM

I am just curious as to how would a person like Mikado suddenly....
he did remind me a little of Izaya when he started to make the phone calls and internet search.....does he have a information network as good as Izaya might?
Modified by francismeunier, 03-12-10, 6:29 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.

03-12-10, 4:58 AM

Seriously, people, use spoiler tags?
Don't just go wild and assume stuff, you might spoil it for others.

03-12-10, 5:01 AM

francismeunier said:
I am just curious as to how would a person like Mikado suddenly make a foundation of a gang like the Dollars.....he did remind me a little of Izaya when he started to make the phone calls and internet search.....does he have a information network as good as Izaya might?

Uhmm,your question is much a spoiler....I will answer your question later on but not at this forum because it contains a spoiler if I answer here.
And seriously francis,as desolato says use spoiler tags for this question that much like spoiler...

03-12-10, 5:06 AM

I don't how you guys even doubted Mikado after Jacuzzi. Also, does anyone recognize Izaya's ringtone? I'm not sure if it's fro anywhere.

03-12-10, 5:07 AM

Next person to mention ... '..' I will fucking crawl through the screen, to your house and smack you up. Keep it a bit fun for the rest of the crowd.. I've already been spoiled about this anime about a week ago (my own doing) but damn, be a bit considerate for the rest.

03-12-10, 5:20 AM

Anyone who complains about spoilers for this specific episode, take heed of my words: This is a discussion for what just happened in the episode. If you don't want to get spoiled, watch the bloody episode before you come in here.

As for the episode itself, I did not expect Mikado to be the Dollars creator. For some god only knows reason I thought it was Simon...
The Cart Driver <-- My awesome anime blog

03-12-10, 5:35 AM

Amazing Mikado episode.

This show is great as ever. I love the pace of the adaptation and the timing of the revelations.
And now, Mikado starts to be badass.

Izaya jumping is <3

pw: baccano

03-12-10, 5:35 AM

looking forward to next episode lol
tis is great

03-12-10, 5:44 AM

i really want the next episode this anime is getting too good, i love izaya he is soo awesome xD

03-12-10, 5:56 AM

another awesome episode!! :D
epic! :D

03-12-10, 6:31 AM

desolato said:
Seriously, people, use spoiler tags?
Don't just go wild and assume stuff, you might spoil it for others.
Fine I fixed it but I though it was suggested already he might have done something like this in this episode.
Kagura89 said:
Uhmm,your question is much a spoiler....I will answer your question later on but not at this forum because it contains a spoiler if I answer here.
And seriously francis,as desolato says use spoiler tags for this question that much like spoiler...
Ok fixed but....PM me for information about all this.

In spoiler my anime list for now.

03-12-10, 7:02 AM

Jaapsneep said:
Awesome. Just awesome.

Loved the detail that his pass was baccano

Yeah that was great, I had to rewind just make sure I was not seeing things. I have not been too into this show that much but if all episodes are like this one, this is going to be a great series.

03-12-10, 7:30 AM

WOW that was a great episode with an awesome plot twist. Looks like things will start to get really interesting now. BTW Izaya jumping was win too xD.

03-12-10, 8:03 AM

Blow up louder? Roar out louder is much better ;_;
Oh well,

Shit just got real.

lol at the Railgun reference.

03-12-10, 8:03 AM

Nice episode. A few funny moments all around it too. Izaya's antics, as usual, were worth a few laughs and Kida and his VA were amusing as ever.My appreciation for Mikado's character rose this episode. It would have even without the Dollars-related revelation at the end. It seems things are starting to round out a little and I'm sure we're in for a treat in the near future.

03-12-10, 8:18 AM

Mi..Mikado? shit that was great..nice twist!! fvuk yeah

03-12-10, 8:29 AM

Just for reference, how far is the anime compared to the novel?

03-12-10, 8:49 AM

Izaya now has a new hobby of jumping on people.
:D

03-12-10, 8:51 AM

snow-usagi said:
Just for reference, how far is the anime compared to the novel?

Based from the pacing,I can say that from episode 11 & 12 it will cover the last part of volume 1.

03-12-10, 9:10 AM

Great, like always. Mikado rocked at the end, suprising.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー

03-12-10, 9:10 AM

durarara!! the awesomeness never stops!
mikado really surprise me this episode, i thought he was only thinking of joining dollars, never knew he was already a part of it XD
5/5 +9000

03-12-10, 9:22 AM

judging from dollars web chat on episodes one, he really is a dollars member Tanaka Taro AKA Ryugamine Mikado xD

can't wait for another episode, can't explain my excitement for the next episode oh YEAH!!

03-12-10, 9:22 AM

Man, this episode was AWESOME~

Izaya had me in stitches when he happily jumps up and down like a kid on that girl's boyfriend. XDDD And then pretending to ride a motorcycle when they were walking to that quiet area to talk with Mikado. XDD
And at the end of the episode... Mikado does have a badass side after all. X3 *shuts up*

But yeah, Izaya just made this episode for me. *w* Can't wait till next week. *o*

03-12-10, 9:29 AM

Huh, I thought everyone stumbled at the mikado's spoilers long ago like me, but it's good to see how some people still are surprised at 'that thing' and didn't knew ;)
I still don't actually like this character, but it was the same with Jacuzzi for me, and hell, I even care more for Yagiri siblings than him.

I want to point out, that Celty officialy became Chuck Norris. Seriously. These are his trademark moves, I'd worry for my safety if I'd be in producers crew.

and yeah, izaya had some nice scenes, shadowing everybody in this ep, but damn, his groupies are so annyoing that instead of remaining my fav character i'm starting to think this show would have better audience without him -_-
Modified by Niklai, 03-12-10, 9:34 AM

03-12-10, 9:35 AM

Awesome epsiode is awesome. But next week will be 10 time better then this episode :)
Only watch the raw: I will add more once I watch the sub.

Modified by KuroTsuki14, 03-12-10, 11:30 AM
@ MAL Claim an Anime Character v.2

03-12-10, 9:41 AM

Niklai said:
his groupies are so annyoing that instead of remaining my fav character i'm starting to think this show would have better audience without him -_-
Hahaha, there are many Izaya and Shizuo fangirls, true.

03-12-10, 9:45 AM

This series just keeps getting better and better. For all of you still uncertain about Mikado's role...

03-12-10, 9:46 AM

I love this show. <3
That's really all I can say. Great episode.

03-12-10, 9:56 AM

Ahaha, Mikado's fake laugh xD Priceless.
Yay, more Kida-kun! I seriously can't decide who's my favourite character in Drrr, but this one's pretty damn close.
Couldn't help but lol at Izaya stomping on the punk and giggling xD He's like a kid. A very mean one. Francis, if you're here and in a mood for GIF-making, please do one of Izaya mimicking Celty's motorbike xD
Modified by Cenedess, 03-12-10, 10:58 AM
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)

03-12-10, 10:02 AM

we should have anti-fag association for those who fail to spoiler tag

03-12-10, 10:12 AM

Very Good Episode.
Lol. Kida-kun's joke is really lame. (But I laughed)
And Izaya...after stomping a mobile phone... next is stomping over a man. XD

03-12-10, 10:58 AM

Niklai said:
we should have anti-fag association for those who fail to spoiler tag

If you're talking about me (I'm guessing you are), it's not a spoiler because I'm just guessing xD (haven't read the novels.) I doubt he is, he's such a wimp after all. I;m jsut saying that would be cool.
On a different note, I agree on establishing the association (even though that remark was probably aimed at me xP). I thought I was going to kill somebody when I saw THE One Piece 575 spoiler on a KHR discussion board x__X I think it' still there in the open even though multiple persons told the guy to tag it...
But hey, if you feel that's a spoiler, I'll tag it.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)

03-12-10, 11:19 AM

loved the part where mikado was being followed by celty and izaya, rofl ^_^ and mikado might have pieced together all thats been going on, and it it looks like he has connection to the dollars, maybe the leader? izaya seemed to expect something along those lines or something
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures

03-12-10, 11:48 AM

HAHA! ALRIGHT! I'M SO FRIKIN HAPPY! THIS EPISODE RELIEVED ME OF THE SPOILER THAT WAS HAUNTING ME FOR SO LONG! =DDD

Back to sanity.

I thought the episode was a bit dragged at the begining (except for kida parts ofcourse <3), What was up with Mikao and his stalker fantasies of Anri? -_-
But it got SO COOL when Izaya and Celty stepped in!
Last minutes were FREAKING AWESOME!
(touchy people...)

But DAMN why do they have to finish right at the good part!?

COME TO ME NEXT EPISODE!

EDIT: password's Baccano! afterall! xD

EDIT 2: No shizuo in this one. T_T (damn me for realising it just now)
Modified by k0k0, 03-12-10, 12:03 PM

03-12-10, 12:04 PM

"all the cards are in my hands."
"JACKPOT."

yes. YES. Y E S.

that is all i have to say.

( i lied, i also wanted to comment on izaya's magical motorbike. )

03-12-10, 1:26 PM

Maryberry said:
I don't how you guys even doubted Mikado after Jacuzzi.

Oh my god, it all makes sense!

-I know eventually this is going to stop happening but somehow, every episode manages to be my favorite.

-First off, the quick mention of the Blue Scarves getting that *harumph* reaction from Kida. Foreshadowing!!???

-Hell ya, Celty Rider Kick!

-Loved Mikado's little scenario of whether Anri was a stalker. Remember folks, as long as she's hot it doesn't matter.

-I didn't realize it until this episode.
I didn't think he was my favorite when he almost suicided that girl
I didn't think he was my favorite when he get smacked by a garbage can
I didn't think he was my favorite when we saw his knife profieciency and how he screwed over Shizuo
Heck, I didn't think he was my favorite when he was jumping on that guy and giggling like a child.

No, it was when he was following Mikado and making little "vrrm-vrrom" sounds like he was actually riding a bike in which I realize, "Dang it, I adore Izaya. He is my favorite character."

-Today's light novel fanservice is To Aru Kagaku no Railgun with the whole main character thing.

"HE HIT MY CAR WITH A ROCK!!"

-And I think now ladies and gentlemen, from that ending (and that everybody named in the OP has had their own episode, except Izaya), it looks like the character set-up is over and the real story is about to begin. It amazing how the episode went from fun and relatively mellow to OMGWTFBBQMIKADO'SABADASSLOLWUT!??

03-12-10, 1:34 PM

omg awesome episode o_O
and ending

03-12-10, 1:45 PM

garfield15 said:

-And I think now ladies and gentlemen, from that ending (and that everybody named in the OP has had their own episode, except Izaya), it looks like the character set-up is over and the real story is about to begin.

Actually, story is about to end :P At least part of it.From what was wrote by someone about 2 pages before, next ep probably is going to finish one chapter of novel and pick up the next

03-12-10, 1:49 PM

loved this episode... but i'm hating this forum right now!

francismeunier said:
Kagura89 said:
francismeunier said:
Railgun? Where? Where? Togusa's rage was hilarious one indeed.

When Walker & Erika talking about Railgun with holding Railgun manga complete with cover before Togusa rage :)

you mean here:
still does not look clear to me.
the giveaway for me was "biribiri"
Modified by ilikeyouevenmore, 03-12-10, 2:03 PM

03-12-10, 1:53 PM

Awesome episode!! Is it just me, or was Mikado's password at the end there "baccano"? XD

mel said:
So Ryugamine Mikado is the Dollars leader?

Seems like that to me! Guess we'll have to wait til next week to be absolutely sure, though.

03-12-10, 2:00 PM

This ep was super awesome. Hahahha Izaya jumping up and down on that guy. And then making motorcycle noises XD

This is a serious realization!!! Mikado part of Dollars?! And in the last scene he looked COOL?! 0.o
Celty as always kicked ass :P

Pages (7) 0.4 [1.4] 2.4 3.4 » ... Last »