Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 11, 2010 8:58 AM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Awesome epidosode, the plot is really moving along nicely now. Mikado's getting pretty deeply involved now, and it really affects his character for the better imo.
Wasn't really a fan of the scared inaka kid character traits. :P

Orihara was awesome as always, and Togusa raging at his car getting scratched was hilarious. Also, Railgun reference. The cover was pretty detailed, lol. :3

Mar 11, 2010 10:10 AM
Dec 2008
Oh man I missed the stream this week. Stupid earthquakes.

EDIT: Just watched. The only thing I can think about this episode is FUCK YES. Mikado is awesome, Kida is awesome, Izaya is awesome; why is this show so awesome? From now on, it can only get better. 5/5
Usami-HaruMar 11, 2010 10:41 AM
Mar 11, 2010 12:37 PM

Mar 2010
Gah, subs aren't out yet, for me.

Are Erika and Walker in the episode, at all?
Mar 11, 2010 1:08 PM

Feb 2008
WTFNinja said:
Gah, subs aren't out yet, for me.

Are Erika and Walker in the episode, at all?

A little bit, yeah. Talking about manga or something I think, how predictable xD

Epic episode as usual. Kida-kun was adorable and Izaya jumping on that guy (+ Celty owning him in the face) was hilarious. We get to see some of Mikado's true character at last, and next episode should have the climax of volume 1, finally.

Usami-Haru said:
From now on, it can only get better. 5/5

カレン ♥ 愛してるx無限!!! あああああいしてるうううううう!!! (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
Mar 11, 2010 1:56 PM

Mar 2010
Alright, cool.

I take it there was some action? I already read the synopsis for this episode, and the next, so it sounds like it.
Mar 11, 2010 5:38 PM

Oct 2009
The episode was fantastic but not much action......there is a new person...Takiguchi=>
and I keep wondering other than his mention with the Dollars as well as his musical instrument the harmonica.....does he have something interesting to bring to this series? Also Anri and Mikado......Mikado sure has some imagination about what she could do to him as a stalker since he think her friend Harima was also=>
but how did he know that....was it mentioned before or I forgot? Not only was it nice to see Kida visit Mikado in his place but Izaya/Selty being there was nice too. I think Togusa lost it when that stone chipped his van but he drives crazy enough=>
. I was also surprised at Mikado's expression when he saw Selty's head=>
but it was nice to tell him her story. Who the heck are those guys from a cleaning company=>
.....private goons working for Seiji's sister? Best parts and I loved Selty's kick and Izaya's stomp on a human=>

Takeshi's confrontation of Mikado was a rofl as well as when Kida was going about things in class=>
Some Celty GIFs=>
Overall enjoyable episode.
Charliehsv said:
Awesome epidosode, the plot is really moving along nicely now. Mikado's getting pretty deeply involved now, and it really affects his character for the better imo.

Yes it looks like it Charlie but I am mostly surprised by how he reacted with Celty revealing her head to him......it almost looked like he had the same impression as Seiji...
Charliehsv said:
Orihara was awesome as always, and Togusa raging at his car getting scratched was hilarious. Also, Railgun reference. The cover was pretty detailed, lol. :3
Railgun? Where? Where? Togusa's rage was hilarious one indeed.
WTFNinja said:
Gah, subs aren't out yet, for me. Are Erika and Walker in the episode, at all?
Yeah but even so they only talk about things in the van.......Erika was funny again being thrown around by Togusa's crazy driving.
Usami-Haru said:
What earthquakes? Did not hear on the news of it at all....
francismeunierMar 11, 2010 5:44 PM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 11, 2010 6:57 PM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:

When Walker & Erika talking about Railgun with holding Railgun manga complete with cover before Togusa rage :)
Kida with his jokes & antics in the first part crack me up XD That guy Takiguchi seems friendly & act normal despite being Dollars members.Celty delivered roundhouse kick to that yankee guy & followed by Izaya stomping is utterly hillarious&awesome...
At the end it much indicates that Mikado is more than what we seen,plus his typing skillz is incredible.

Incoming epicness next week episode & as Fayto mentions that next episode is indeed the climax of book 1 so expect some awesomeriffic moment & revealation next ep...
Kagura89Mar 11, 2010 7:05 PM
Mar 11, 2010 7:08 PM

Oct 2009
Kagura89 said:
francismeunier said:

When Walker & Erika talking about Railgun with holding Railgun manga complete with cover before Togusa rage :)

you mean here:
still does not look clear to me.
Kagura89 said:
Incoming epicness next week episode & as Fayto mentions that next episode is indeed the climax of book 1 so expect some awesomeriffic moment & revealation next ep...

Are you serious in the spoiler! O_O Dear Lord I am excited already now! I want to see this now! Not only that but I want to see this!=>
dear Lord look at what Shizuo is throwing at Simon! Celty here too..hope to be a great GIF epic time!=>

Mar 11, 2010 9:27 PM

Nov 2007
AHHHHHHH!!! Mikado's a part of Dollars, too? CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 11, 2010 10:08 PM

Oct 2009
tsubasalover said:
I know! Me too tsubasalover but that motorcycle throw...now that I want to see and Mikado X Anri......will it ever happen?

Mar 11, 2010 10:35 PM

Jun 2008
Damn vacation, can't watch the episode as the Internet here is slow as hell. but anyway I manage to watch half of the episode at least and it seems we're at the climax of vol. 1! Love all the action that happens in this episode as far as I've manage to see xD! Especially Celty and Izaya's combo attack xD
Mar 11, 2010 11:55 PM

Jun 2008
Did this series just go from a 14 episode to 24? Cause that's freaking awesome.
Mar 12, 2010 12:15 AM

Apr 2009
LOL!!! Izaya is fucking awesome!!!
Mar 12, 2010 12:17 AM

Sep 2007
Lol at Erika and Walker talking about Mikoto and Himegami. Izaya seemed to have upgraded from stomping cellphones to stomping on people. And man, I just rofl'd right at the beginning when they did the slow-mo with "Celty" screaming "OONNEEGAAII~".

Everything is finally falling into place. Yagiri Pharmacy, Celty, Dollars, and Mikado all meeting in the same place. From the way Mikado suddenly snapped into action at the end, I think he's more than just a member of Dollars. Probably the mastermind behind it. It just seems very likely. Mikado's always wanted an exciting life and what more could he ask for by setting up such a network like the Dollars to feed him endless information from a place like Ikekuburo.

Is it just me, or is the animation starting to get a little funky?
Mar 12, 2010 12:38 AM

Jun 2009
Wasabi said:
Is it just me, or is the animation starting to get a little funky?

Nope, it is getting flunky :/

Fuck yeah Railgun reference!!! And unlike Mikado, I would not mind getting stalked by Anri.
Mar 12, 2010 12:51 AM

Jan 2010
Namie's goons remind of Takano's men in Higurashi Kai.

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Mar 12, 2010 12:52 AM

Apr 2009
Not gonna lie... At Kida-kun's joke, I laughed.
Mar 12, 2010 12:56 AM

Oct 2009
NekoChamaDesu said:
Namie's goons remind of Takano's men in Higurashi Kai.
Yeah that too had a impression on me they also look like the men in Ookami Kakushin.

Mar 12, 2010 1:45 AM

Sep 2008
So Ryugamine Mikado is the Dollars leader?

tsubasalover said:

Well everyone should've known he was in Dollars since it was all the way in the beginning 1st episode, you can hear his voice narrating in the Dollars web chat.
Mar 12, 2010 1:55 AM

Dec 2007
mel said:
So Ryugamine Mikado is the Dollars leader?

tsubasalover said:

Well everyone should've known he was in Dollars since it was all the way in the beginning 1st episode, you can hear his voice narrating in the Dollars web chat.

How are you supposed to know that's the Dollars web chat in the first episode? o_0

That said, fun episode. If Mikado has a huge change like Jacuzzi did, that can only improve Durarara even more.
Mar 12, 2010 1:57 AM

Nov 2009
Fantastic episode.
DicerollMar 12, 2010 8:28 PM
Mar 12, 2010 2:01 AM

Sep 2008
Meddigo said:

How are you supposed to know that's the Dollars web chat in the first episode? o_0

That said, fun episode. If Mikado has a huge change like Jacuzzi did, that can only improve Durarara even more.

I wasn't saying that you should have known in right when the anime started, but from right now referring to when it started.
Mar 12, 2010 2:19 AM

Apr 2009
Awesome. Just awesome.

Loved the detail that his pass was baccano
Mar 12, 2010 2:32 AM

Nov 2008
This is out of control, but I like it. Really, don´t you just sometimes want to stomp someone in the face that´s thát obnoxious? Great guy, nevertheless. Hm.. Izaya having a close case of borderline? I couldn't suppress a smirk when he went al 'lalalala I'mma jumping on your back now'. And.. Ryugamine is now finally ready to take part of the story, nice.. His time to shine, and that 'hallelujah' moment.. This might throw things up in the mix again.

EDIT: People, some speculations may even require a spoiler tag for the less up-to-date watchers.

francismeunier said:

Usami-Haru said:
What earthquakes? Did not hear on the news of it at all....

Are you kídding me? ... wut? no, again, hnngh?
desolatoMar 12, 2010 2:36 AM
Mar 12, 2010 2:53 AM
Mar 2010
awesome episode, this series is getting better every week
Izaya trampoline was great, like Togusa getting angry XD
the end was epic, Mikado is a dollars member?!?
looking forward to the next episode

5/5
Mar 12, 2010 3:00 AM

Jun 2008
oh good god this anime is amazing.
Even with reading spoilers I could barely believe Mikado was the leader of the Dollars until now.
This is also probably the episode that's made me laugh the most so far. :D
Ahhh, Izaya amazes me more every episode <33
Mar 12, 2010 3:01 AM

Jan 2010
This show never fails to amaze me. It keeps getting better and better and finally Mikado is more involved in the story.

Wait, wait, wait... when did it explain Mikado was the leader of the Dollars?
Mar 12, 2010 3:08 AM

Jul 2007
oh wow Mikado is the leader of the dollars?? isn't that Jaccuzzi all over again? lol
now I understand what business Izaya had with him...
awesome ep, even if it lacked some Shizuo... (but how many times can Izaya survive heavy objects flying at his head ^__^)
Mar 12, 2010 4:23 AM

Apr 2009
haha.. i guess it's starting now.. with all the pieces together.. so far, all this anime was doing was introductions on everything but they did an artistically fine job there, too.. and now, i guess the plot starts.. what a way to get out of your normal life.. haha..
Mar 12, 2010 4:35 AM

Oct 2009
I am just curious as to how would a person like Mikado suddenly....
he did remind me a little of Izaya when he started to make the phone calls and internet search.....does he have a information network as good as Izaya might?
francismeunierMar 12, 2010 6:29 AM

Mar 12, 2010 4:58 AM

Nov 2008
Seriously, people, use spoiler tags?
Don't just go wild and assume stuff, you might spoil it for others.
Mar 12, 2010 5:01 AM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
I am just curious as to how would a person like Mikado suddenly make a foundation of a gang like the Dollars.....he did remind me a little of Izaya when he started to make the phone calls and internet search.....does he have a information network as good as Izaya might?

Uhmm,your question is much a spoiler....I will answer your question later on but not at this forum because it contains a spoiler if I answer here.
And seriously francis,as desolato says use spoiler tags for this question that much like spoiler...
Mar 12, 2010 5:06 AM

Jun 2009
I don't how you guys even doubted Mikado after Jacuzzi. Also, does anyone recognize Izaya's ringtone? I'm not sure if it's fro anywhere.
Mar 12, 2010 5:07 AM

Nov 2008
Next person to mention ... '..' I will fucking crawl through the screen, to your house and smack you up. Keep it a bit fun for the rest of the crowd.. I've already been spoiled about this anime about a week ago (my own doing) but damn, be a bit considerate for the rest.
Mar 12, 2010 5:20 AM

Aug 2008
Anyone who complains about spoilers for this specific episode, take heed of my words: This is a discussion for what just happened in the episode. If you don't want to get spoiled, watch the bloody episode before you come in here.

As for the episode itself, I did not expect Mikado to be the Dollars creator. For some god only knows reason I thought it was Simon...
The Cart Driver <-- My awesome anime blog
Mar 12, 2010 5:35 AM

Aug 2009
Amazing Mikado episode.

This show is great as ever. I love the pace of the adaptation and the timing of the revelations.
And now, Mikado starts to be badass.

Izaya jumping is <3

pw: baccano
Mar 12, 2010 5:35 AM

Mar 2009
looking forward to next episode lol
tis is great
Mar 12, 2010 5:44 AM

Jul 2007
i really want the next episode this anime is getting too good, i love izaya he is soo awesome xD
Mar 12, 2010 5:56 AM

Oct 2008
another awesome episode!! :D
epic! :D

Mar 12, 2010 6:31 AM

Oct 2009
desolato said:
Seriously, people, use spoiler tags?
Don't just go wild and assume stuff, you might spoil it for others.
Fine I fixed it but I though it was suggested already he might have done something like this in this episode.
Kagura89 said:
Uhmm,your question is much a spoiler....I will answer your question later on but not at this forum because it contains a spoiler if I answer here.
And seriously francis,as desolato says use spoiler tags for this question that much like spoiler...
Ok fixed but....PM me for information about all this.

Mar 12, 2010 7:02 AM
Oct 2009
Jaapsneep said:
Awesome. Just awesome.

Loved the detail that his pass was baccano

Yeah that was great, I had to rewind just make sure I was not seeing things. I have not been too into this show that much but if all episodes are like this one, this is going to be a great series.

Mar 12, 2010 7:30 AM

Dec 2007
WOW that was a great episode with an awesome plot twist. Looks like things will start to get really interesting now. BTW Izaya jumping was win too xD.
Mar 12, 2010 8:03 AM

Dec 2007
Blow up louder? Roar out louder is much better ;_;
Oh well,

Shit just got real.

lol at the Railgun reference.
Mar 12, 2010 8:03 AM
Mar 2009
Nice episode. A few funny moments all around it too. Izaya's antics, as usual, were worth a few laughs and Kida and his VA were amusing as ever.My appreciation for Mikado's character rose this episode. It would have even without the Dollars-related revelation at the end. It seems things are starting to round out a little and I'm sure we're in for a treat in the near future.
Mar 12, 2010 8:18 AM

Jul 2009
Mi..Mikado? shit that was great..nice twist!! fvuk yeah
Mar 12, 2010 8:29 AM

Oct 2009
Just for reference, how far is the anime compared to the novel?
Mar 12, 2010 8:49 AM
Feb 2010
Izaya now has a new hobby of jumping on people.
:D
Mar 12, 2010 8:51 AM

Jul 2009
snow-usagi said:
Just for reference, how far is the anime compared to the novel?

Based from the pacing,I can say that from episode 11 & 12 it will cover the last part of volume 1.
Mar 12, 2010 9:10 AM

Jun 2009
Great, like always. Mikado rocked at the end, suprising.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 12, 2010 9:10 AM
Jul 2009
durarara!! the awesomeness never stops!
mikado really surprise me this episode, i thought he was only thinking of joining dollars, never knew he was already a part of it XD
5/5 +9000
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

330 by Beatnik »»
Feb 25, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

455 by ryzxgum »»
Jan 19, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Mar 31, 2010

336 by 2life »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.