MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

So Who is The Villain?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Club Discussion »» Mirai Nikki »» So Who is The Villain?

Must be a Club Member to Reply
#1
03-10-10, 9:58 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 2279
Im confused, so is Yuno the bad guy or Akise or the 8th or what?
because i think Yuno actually likes Yuki if her diary is about him
but im just confused...
 
#2
03-24-10, 6:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 20
i think yunu is the bed guy after chapter 49. O_O
 
#3
03-26-10, 12:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2285
I don't really think that Yuno is really bad... She probably wants to reach a goal too, which is most likely related to Yuki somehow...

If anyone is bad, I would say it's Murumuru, especially after reading Mirai Nikki Paradox.
 
#4
03-30-10, 6:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 203

my theory is that Yuno been killing Yuki and everyone else over and over (to becoming a god) and then going back in Time and killing her past self and family to redo everything all over again. To spend more time with Yuki

soo.. Yuno
mayweather p4p king

 
#5
06-01-10, 12:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 628
I guess... Yuno O.O
 
#6
06-06-10, 10:38 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 1079
Yuno of course.
 
#7
06-23-10, 12:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 346
Murumuru is also quite the villain, but Yuno is the main villain I guess...
 
#8
12-21-10, 5:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 17
probably Yuno Lmao..
 
#9
12-30-10, 5:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 658
Murumuru from the first world was the one who manipulated Yuno into everything. Must be obvious by this point, though xD
 
12-30-10, 7:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1441
I don't think it'd be wrong to say everyone and no one at the same time...
 
12-31-10, 1:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 27
ReaperEXE said:
I don't think it'd be wrong to say everyone and no one at the same time...

true
 
12-31-10, 1:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 27
some are some aren't... and some change in the middle of the story. But it all depends on how you look at it
 
11-02-11, 7:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 526
Muru Muru and Yuno, from the first world.
 
11-06-11, 6:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 96
SunyiNyufi said:
I don't really think that Yuno is really bad... She probably wants to reach a goal too, which is most likely related to Yuki somehow...

If anyone is bad, I would say it's Murumuru, especially after reading Mirai Nikki Paradox.


quite true... I don't think Yuno is that evil. I think the evil all started because of Deus' game itself (or MuruMuru?). The rules of the game and its underlying consequences were not properly explained to the players, that caused Yuno to commit TWO big mistakes
that made her seem the villain in the second world. Muru Muru knew all this since the beginning, and what did she do? All she does is sit back and relax, and enjoy the game.

For me, the innocent-like evilness of MuruMuru is like that of Kyubey (QB) of Madoka Magica. They are the true villains of their respective stories! Yuno is just like Akemi Homura (Madoka Magica), who only became a cold blooded killer because she fell in the trap of the overwhelmingly unfair game. Just like Akemi, they became bad just to save the ones they love.
"Them who looks blind at ANIME, looks blind at SALVATION."
 
11-07-11, 1:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 9845
Muru Muru
 
04-17-12, 1:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 401
I don't really think there is so much of a 'bad guy'.
If there has to be one, then the 1st MuruMuru... but that's also because she pretty much serves whoever is God and only wants to amuse herself.

The only actually evil characters I can think of are 3rd (the murderer) and the guy who killed 6th's parents. Everyone else has a reason to be twisted (I think...)

^ *prays for the day BBCode allows images again*
 
05-16-12, 12:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 330
definetly yuno.

 
07-16-12, 8:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 71
I guess it's all about perspective. I love Yuno and couldn't stand Akise, so I was rooting for Yuno.
 
02-24-13, 1:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 3
I think Yuno is redeemed. In no way whatsoever is she the villain in this horrible experience. She was a pure hearted individual, that had to undergo these senseless, murderous game, twice, all because she wanted to be with her loved one. She also had a very tragic life. She regretted not being able to revive Yukiteru, the first time, her emotional pillar, after all the personal tragedy she had to endure.

The second time, she continued loving, caring, and protecting Yukiteru with utter dedication, and even at the beginning she was more willing to trust the rest, only to find out that Yuki's friends and allies would eventually betray him, that is why she became more distant. However, more importantly, she was more than willing to let Yuki kill her.


All she wanted was to have a happy day with Yukiteru, and die happily. She could not conceive a future where Yukiteru her loved one died, do not let her actions mislead you, her celphone was her conscious, revealing how she really felt. I am just happy that in the end, Yuno and Yukiteru were able to overcome the whole ordeal and gain their Happy End.


The real villain in my opinion, was Deus Ex Machina. Whimsical monster that led troubled individuals to fight amongst themselves for the promise of absolute power. It was him that was never clear and thorough about the rules surrounding the "game", it was him that provoked all this bloodshed, and disregarded the intense emotions and relationships that could bud between those involved in.


He was happy with seeing anyone die, after all, it was his great Colosseum show. Let lovers die and kill themselves, let innocent bystanders die in the disrepair that would be unleashed. Why did he not choose a athletic competition to decide who was the best suited candidate to succeed him? Because as he said to Yukiteru, this would be a very entertaining game (for him). I am glad both Yukiteru and Minene set him straight, when Yukiteru tells him that if he was going to start another war, just to amuse himself (revealing his capriciousness), and when Minene defied him.


His only saving grace, was that after the 3rd time the calamity of the Surival Game was averted, and he did the only sensible thing that could be done: reuniting Yukiteru and Yuno, once and for all.


By the way, if you guys appreciate Mirai Nikki, please read the following open letter: http://opnlttr.com/letter/open-letter-sakae-esuno.


Another point I want to bring into consideration, is that Kurusu himself acknowledge that Yuno was not a bad person, but could be easily provoked by any action that would endanger Yukiteru. Also, when fighting Reisuke, the first think Yuno did was drag Yukiteru to safety, and then she tried to reason with the boy, explaining that she was aware she may have killed his parents, and was more than willing to take the burnt, but to leave Yukiteru out of it.
Modified by Guardian_Of_Yuno, 02-24-13, 4:14 PM
 
04-11-13, 7:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 18
Guardian_Of_Yuno said:
I think Yuno is redeemed. In no way whatsoever is she the villain in this horrible experience. She was a pure hearted individual, that had to undergo these senseless, murderous game, twice, all because she wanted to be with her loved one. She also had a very tragic life. She regretted not being able to revive Yukiteru, the first time, her emotional pillar, after all the personal tragedy she had to endure.

The second time, she continued loving, caring, and protecting Yukiteru with utter dedication, and even at the beginning she was more willing to trust the rest, only to find out that Yuki's friends and allies would eventually betray him, that is why she became more distant. However, more importantly, she was more than willing to let Yuki kill her.


All she wanted was to have a happy day with Yukiteru, and die happily. She could not conceive a future where Yukiteru her loved one died, do not let her actions mislead you, her celphone was her conscious, revealing how she really felt. I am just happy that in the end, Yuno and Yukiteru were able to overcome the whole ordeal and gain their Happy End.


The real villain in my opinion, was Deus Ex Machina. Whimsical monster that led troubled individuals to fight amongst themselves for the promise of absolute power. It was him that was never clear and thorough about the rules surrounding the "game", it was him that provoked all this bloodshed, and disregarded the intense emotions and relationships that could bud between those involved in.


He was happy with seeing anyone die, after all, it was his great Colosseum show. Let lovers die and kill themselves, let innocent bystanders die in the disrepair that would be unleashed. Why did he not choose a athletic competition to decide who was the best suited candidate to succeed him? Because as he said to Yukiteru, this would be a very entertaining game (for him). I am glad both Yukiteru and Minene set him straight, when Yukiteru tells him that if he was going to start another war, just to amuse himself (revealing his capriciousness), and when Minene defied him.


His only saving grace, was that after the 3rd time the calamity of the Surival Game was averted, and he did the only sensible thing that could be done: reuniting Yukiteru and Yuno, once and for all.


By the way, if you guys appreciate Mirai Nikki, please read the following open letter: http://opnlttr.com/letter/open-letter-sakae-esuno.


Another point I want to bring into consideration, is that Kurusu himself acknowledge that Yuno was not a bad person, but could be easily provoked by any action that would endanger Yukiteru. Also, when fighting Reisuke, the first think Yuno did was drag Yukiteru to safety, and then she tried to reason with the boy, explaining that she was aware she may have killed his parents, and was more than willing to take the burnt, but to leave Yukiteru out of it.


Exactly!
 
04-15-13, 8:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 24
The thing about Mirai Nikki is that there's no obvious villain (apart from maybe Murumuru). There's no ultimate evil who only chases the demise of others. It certainly isn't Yuno. She is in no way selfish. She only does what she has to in order for her and Yuki to survive. She didn't put herself in the game so her actions are justified. All that she wanted was to be with Yuno and if it wasn't for Deus and the survival game she wouldn't have had to do what she did.

Apposing the protagonist doesn't make you the bad guy because if it did then L from Death Note would be a villain, which he isn't.
 
03-26-14, 6:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 27
Mirai Nikki doesn't have a bad guy.
Yuno created the second world because she wanted to spend more time with Yukkii.

AND WHY DOES EVERYONE SPELL "YUKKII" INCORRECT?!
 
Top
Advertising     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy