Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kobato.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 12, 2010 7:08 PM

Dec 2007
saxophone15 said:
Well I enjoyed the episode....despite some predictability. Still waiting for Kobato's hat to come off...

I would laugh so very hard if her hat came off and it just hid her hat hair.
Mar 12, 2010 7:08 PM

Sep 2008
I think Kobato is probably an angel because she said she can't eat food. I remember in Wish, Kohaku couldn't eat either because it would be the equivalent to taking a life or something, so she could only eat milk and honey (which are by-products of animals).

And the white dove thing? I could totally see that, because she does wear stuff with birds on it AND the jar of Confeito has that bird-thing on the top. I wonder if Kobato has wings on her head or something... It would make sense if she was a bird. XD
Mar 13, 2010 2:20 PM

Apr 2008
Here I was thinking the show couldn't get any worse. It did......... FML.
Mar 13, 2010 2:35 PM

Mar 2010
Ouran12 said:
tsubasalover said:
"The twins family are trying to make Kobato feel better from the close down of kindergarten, and invited her for dinner. Kobato cannot eat? Didn't know that."

noooo. she said she didn't want to eat because she wasn't in the mood, because she was sad from the nursery closing- DUH. gosh.

and his names Okiura, not ogiura, geez.

You REALLLYY Don't have to be so mean. So what if people misunderstood things? That does NOT give you the right to put them down.

Anyways, I was so happy at the end..I cried! I can't wait to see what happens in ep 22, and i really wanna see Okiura's father~
Mar 13, 2010 3:19 PM

Jan 2010
I loved the episode.
But, more than that, I want to see the wish she wants to make! >.<
Mar 13, 2010 5:31 PM

Mar 2010
nicoliolipoli said:
I loved the episode.
But, more than that, I want to see the wish she wants to make! >.<

Oh yeah..Me too! Its so interesting to think about where she wants to go.. Oh, do you know if it stops at ep 24, the series that is, or if it keeps going?^^;
Mar 13, 2010 6:39 PM

Apr 2009
LOL Fujimarshmallow.
Awww.
Mar 13, 2010 11:30 PM

Mar 2010
ReiLuvsChii said:
Here I was thinking the show couldn't get any worse. It did......... FML.

Worse? You think it a bad show? How?
Mar 14, 2010 9:08 AM
Mar 14, 2010 2:14 PM

Mar 2010
Tell me what makes it bad.
Nothing. It's good.
Mar 14, 2010 3:20 PM

Aug 2008
You can look back at what I said in just this episode and all the others. It comes down to the fact that this show is from a bygone era where CLAMP ruled the genre, and it feels horribly dated and predictable. Kobato is a weak character. The show is full of weak plot points and relationships, and when the best thing about it after 21 episodes is that there is a crossover from another show I've never seen before, that shows how badly it is at staying on track with the main storyline. And that's another thing: just because Iroyogi continues to point out that Kobato isn't doing anything doesn't make me feel any better about the fact that we've only really seen her help about 10 people throughout the show, even though the jar is practically full. Then there's the bad singing, lack of animation, whole episodes that do absolutely nothing, and all the other things that the show fails at on a technical level.

Now, what makes the show good?
noteDheroMar 14, 2010 3:32 PM
Mar 14, 2010 4:17 PM

Mar 2010
Well I can understand where your coming from, but I think its like most shows, leading up to the main plot. You know? I think it's good beacuse it's very touching and the people Kobato has helped have situations that are similar to real people's situations. The show is just completely interesting and I think more is going to come out of the plot within the next epsides. Also they're proabablly going to make another season or something. Plus the singing is acually good...
Mar 14, 2010 5:17 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Destinyisours said:
Well I can understand where your coming from, but I think its like most shows, leading up to the main plot. You know? I think it's good beacuse it's very touching and the people Kobato has helped have situations that are similar to real people's situations.

Watch Aria, that's much much better and the sequels actually is getting better and better (with a fantastic last season Aria the Origination)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 14, 2010 5:41 PM

Mar 2010
Oh okay^^
What type of anime is it, anyways?
Mar 14, 2010 5:50 PM

Nov 2008
Destinyisours said:
Oh okay^^
You are on MAL! Read the reviews and checkout the info on it.
Mar 14, 2010 7:53 PM

Mar 2010
Maximatum99 said:
Destinyisours said:
Oh okay^^
You are on MAL! Read the reviews and checkout the info on it.

Maybe I'm lazy >.>
Besides, unless its actually, genuinly reccomended to me, I'm not interested, sheesh xD dont freak out xD
Mar 14, 2010 8:25 PM

Aug 2008
I have a review of Aria the Origination as well as Aria the Animation.

But to go back to what you've said earlier, I'll just say that I disagree. The main plot has been front and center since the beginning, and all we've done is stray further and further from it. It feels like the show is wrapping itself up. I don't think we'll be seeing a second season.
Mar 14, 2010 10:23 PM

Dec 2008
CLAMP seems to be pretty good at straying away from one plot to begin another. Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle did that, too. It started with trying to find Princess Sakura's feathers but ended up being...well...I won't say anything, otherwise it'll spoil things, but it was very, very different. xxxHOLiC, even though I love it (the manga, anyway), is a mish-mash of different things so I couldn't even tell you where it's heading right now, even though it started off with Watanuki working/slaving away enough for Yuuko to grant his wish he was coerced into making.

But at least these two series feel fresher than Kobato. Granted, I haven't read the manga, but based on the anime, it does feel quite contrived. From the beginning, we've had the same set-ups: Kobato meets someone or people with problems, they cry about it a bit, Kobato does something, and their problems all go away. I'll say this: this is not realistic at all. While some problems can be solved fairly easily, there are some that just don't go away. Trying to convince someone to take on a different perspective on life, for example, is almost guaranteed not to work the first time. It takes time and dedication. Kobato manages to do it in one episode, and she pretty much has a 100% success rate. This is why this plot is both contrived and predictable.
Mar 15, 2010 4:47 AM

Mar 2010
Or maybe all its doing is setting itself up for an even better plot? There so many anime like that :/
Mar 15, 2010 4:53 AM

Nov 2008
Destinyisours said:
Or maybe all its doing is setting itself up for an even better plot? There so many anime like that :/
I can't possibly see that happening.
Mar 15, 2010 8:31 AM

Jul 2008
tsubasalover said:
Kobato cannot eat? Didn't know that.

From the start we never saw her eat once.
Even when others where eating she never did.
I was waiting for this moment when someone would finally realize she never eats.

Ouran12 said:
noooo. she said she didn't want to eat because she wasn't in the mood, because she was sad from the nursery closing- DUH. gosh.

That's what Chitose tought...
and Kobato didn't said anything else beacause she can't reveal what she is,
saying she can't eat is the same as saying she's not human, how would she explain that to Chitose ?

Look at Iorogi's face at that moment.
Mar 15, 2010 10:19 AM

Aug 2008
Aeterna said:
CLAMP seems to be pretty good at straying away from one plot to begin another. Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle did that, too. It started with trying to find Princess Sakura's feathers but ended up being...well...I won't say anything, otherwise it'll spoil things, but it was very, very different. xxxHOLiC, even though I love it (the manga, anyway), is a mish-mash of different things so I couldn't even tell you where it's heading right now, even though it started off with Watanuki working/slaving away enough for Yuuko to grant his wish he was coerced into making.

Like I said, I'm totally unfamiliar with TSR, but if the show is one giant crossover, then I can see how the point is quickly lost. More than anything, I felt like xxxHOLIC was a coming of age story where Watanuki learns to accept himself, learn to rely on others, etc. It's generic in that way, but the cast brings a supernatural spin to everything. To that end, I think the anime (since I'm aware that the manga is different) stays in tow with that. Then the other CLAMP shows I am familiar with (CCS, X) seem to be good at staying on message, even though CCS had a problem of the week format with slice of life elements (like Kobato) and X had crossovers to manage also. So maybe when looking at CLAMP on the whole, they're just overambitious and they become hit or miss.

@Destinyisours
I see nothing left to address after this, unless they deliberately leave everything unresolved.
Mar 15, 2010 5:07 PM

Mar 2010
Maximatum99 said:
Destinyisours said:
I can't possibly see that happening.

Eh, even so, I want to think that. If not, I still think its a good anime, so it doesn't matter to me.
Mar 15, 2010 5:16 PM

Sep 2008
Although predictable I had tears in my eyes at the last scene. It was super cute. *sigh* It just reminds u how complicated yet simple love is...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2010 9:17 AM

Nov 2007
Kiba333 said:
Does anyone know the title of the song played when Sayaka ran after Okiura and when Ioryogi looked out of the window at the very end?
I listened through all titles of the OST already but none of them matches. >.<

There's more than one OST (second one coming soon), so you probably won't find the title to them anyway.

Aeterna said:

But at least these two series feel fresher than Kobato. Granted, I haven't read the manga, but based on the anime, it does feel quite contrived. From the beginning, we've had the same set-ups: Kobato meets someone or people with problems, they cry about it a bit, Kobato does something, and their problems all go away. I'll say this: this is not realistic at all. While some problems can be solved fairly easily, there are some that just don't go away. Trying to convince someone to take on a different perspective on life, for example, is almost guaranteed not to work the first time. It takes time and dedication. Kobato manages to do it in one episode, and she pretty much has a 100% success rate. This is why this plot is both contrived and predictable.

I agree about CLAMP's manga better than anime, even for Kobato. manga.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 19, 2010 6:15 AM

Sep 2008
The impression I got as well was that Kobato couldn't physically eat.

Nice episode, I thought, regardless of whether it was predictable or not it still left quite an impression. Finally Sayaka has been healed? :) And maybe Okiura too? I couldn't see the bottle too clearly. I am getting worried though. Kobato... will she make it in time? It seems like her time will run out and something bad will happen (otherwise it might be boring if that didn't happen? Not sure how things will run actually, and don't want to chance a guess).

I almost thought her hat might fall off when she fell down. How nice of Okiura to bring her to Yomogi. o_o
Mar 20, 2010 6:25 PM

Sep 2009
Blugh. Even more shoujo stuff being stuffed down my throat. It was a meh episode. Fairly predictable and cliche.

Only 3 more episodes left. ._.
-
Mar 22, 2010 3:45 AM

May 2009
predictable or no, but episode was really beautiful <3
and i cried at the end

i love Okiura and be glad for him
but Doumoto... i want to see him a happy
sorry, my english is a little bad T_T
Mar 26, 2010 2:17 PM
Nov 2008
Another sweet episode...but damn,the ending is near. ; ;
Mar 29, 2010 7:31 AM

Aug 2009
GAAAAAHHH The fuck is going on? Before, Okiura was the bad guy but all of a sudden right now he's actually the good guy and just protecting his love one from his dad and his powers. I loved how they were focusing about the debt and about the destruction of the nursery home at first and then all of a sudden it switched to the relationship between Okiura and Sayaka, lol.

Damn now that's what you call determination and endurance right there. Kobato patiently stood there I don't know let's say 2 days or something waiting for Okiura and the appendicitis man in the rain. Of course she'll collapse.

Now I'm really curious about Okiura's father. I hope Ioryogi transform to his bad ass true form and beat the shit out of them. Also curious about what he said in the end about the "problems". Must be related to Konpeito.
Apr 19, 2010 11:37 PM

Oct 2007
...why did they put her in bed without taking her hat off... isn't it normal to put someone in bed and remove their hat?!

I WANT TO SEE IF KOBATO HAS CAT EARS DAMN IT! WHY DOES EVERYONE LOOK ON HER HEAD AND GO "ooo I see!" WHAT THE HELL DO THEY SEE?! OFMGFOMG
Jul 12, 2010 6:28 AM

Aug 2009
I've only just noticed, that not only does Fujimoto wear pince-nez, but so does that dude with the sunglasses (pince-nez style sunglasses, that's some interesting fashion going on)
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Aug 29, 2010 6:28 AM

Jul 2009
Thank goodness all this debt business is just a misunderstanding with Okiura-san... I really love his character design; he's sexier than Fujimoto, in my opinion. He kind of looks like a rumpled Lelouche in a sexy xxxHOLiC-style suit. I would like to see Sayaka-sensei happily married again. :3

The Chii twins are so cute, sharing dinner with Kobato-chan (...I only just noticed in this episode WE'VE NEVER SEEN HER EAT). I could never tolerate Chobits, but I absolutely love Chii in all other CLAMP timelines (go figure). It definitely helps they have Ranka-chan's sweet voice, Nakajima Megumi!

Okiura-san has a point... It's just the building/property with all the debt. Sayaka-sensei, Fujimoto-san, and Kobato-chan could open another nursery, an even better one, if they tried. It's not the old building that matters, it's Sayaka-sensei's father's dream of caring for children that counts.

Kobato-chan collapsing in the rain. ;_; She's so selfless and persistant, how can she not have all the kompeito by now??

...Fujimoto is hurt by Sayaka-sensei mending her marriage? I think, in the manga, they shared some possibly romantic exchanges, but it's been clear throughout the anime he's grown more and more affectionate to Kobato-chan. That's kind of weird, IMO.

I absolutely love this anime... I'm sorry that some people find it "predictable" or "stale." :(
Jan 1, 2011 11:50 PM

Jul 2009
soo sad :(

im really happy okiura and sayaka are now back, i guess he did it cause he had no choice, really love story here the art is gorgeous and the ED is just lovely ^^

3 episodes left :D
Apr 20, 2011 9:35 PM

Feb 2011
okiura really reminds me of lelouch
not just he's playing a villain to protect his beloved wife, he also looks like lelouch

i keep wondering why kobato is not eating or if she eating or not,
now i understand why because she just can't.
May 24, 2011 9:26 PM

Sep 2008
xMafiax said:
...why did they put her in bed without taking her hat off... isn't it normal to put someone in bed and remove their hat?!
Sayaka is the worst caretaker in the world; just look how dangerous her nursery is. There is like zero regulation so it's obvious that she would make a mistake here too.

I hated the seeming resolution though, way too simple.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2011 2:29 AM

Apr 2011
nice ep special end of ep love it
did yoroge san leave kobato next ep :( ?
wait just 3 ep

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Jul 3, 2011 1:59 PM
Apr 2011
I am really glad about Sayaka and Okiura ; - ;
Feb 18, 2012 11:01 PM

Jun 2009
Huh. Never seen Kobato eat before... never noticed.
Am I the only one who will miss the children? They're so cute.
Plus, I didn't like the ending that much. Feels rushed to me.
But, I did feel it strike my heart.
(Also, Okiura is very smexy. Lucky Sayaka.)
Mar 22, 2012 4:55 AM

Sep 2010
Emotions are flowing... Good episode.
𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷 𝓽𝓸 𝓖𝓾𝓼𝓾 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓶𝓮

Aug 19, 2012 12:04 PM

Aug 2012
Schwarze_Kirsche said:
It was rly sweet episode and made me cry.
3 more left, and I dunno why but I think Kobato will die in the end or at least leave human world and returne to heaven.

It made me cry too! <3
My friend and I both think she dies too becuase we don't think she will fill up the bottle with candy in time...
Pudding! Puuuudding!! ~ Kero-Chan
Aug 26, 2012 12:21 PM

May 2012
Epic episode especially the ending was super lovely! Up to the last 3 episodes!
Jan 10, 2013 11:04 AM
Aug 2012
seeing kobato cry brings tears to my eyes :'(
Mar 1, 2013 12:11 PM

Jun 2012
My penis is flaccid.
May 12, 2013 7:31 PM

Jan 2013
^Shut up.

This was a good episode. Very sweet
Mar 19, 2014 6:33 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

All the time thinking that Kobato was the star, instead the protagonist is Sayaka, how much sweetness and sadness in the story, tears well spent today!
Plot pointing to the point, good. Ost designs and excellent!
I'm so curious to know certain things ...
Aug 10, 2014 1:48 PM

Mar 2010
I was a bit surprised Kobato was hesitant.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 23, 2015 7:05 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I'm thinking Kobato's hat hides her "angel halo". I doubt it's just a clothing accessory.
I do wonder why Fujimoto suddenly changes his mind. Yea go be with Okiura, he's been doing this to protect you.

But wow, Kobato sure went all out. Standing out in the cold rain for almost the entire night. I'm surprised she didn't sick. Also, if her hat is wet why didn't they take it off. That's like the first thing someone does when they come home soaked, remove wet clothing, even hats.

I did enjoy the romance despite the cheesyness. Now the question is, does Okiura actually tear down the preschool.

Jan 16, 2016 7:05 PM

Aug 2009
good end for sayaka/okiura arc

so i guess the place is gone now and kobato can finally focus on filling that bottle?
Jan 21, 2016 7:10 AM

Jan 2014
Chase him down and hug him! So cute :')
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2010

236 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 29, 5:18 PM

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Mar 2, 2010

115 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 26, 12:24 PM

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kappaka - Oct 6, 2009

237 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 6, 10:32 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Kobato Episode 23

KingSunWukong - Dec 12, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:18 PM

» Hanato Kobato is an example of "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Kiryotsu - Oct 22, 2023

0 by Kiryotsu »»
Oct 22, 2023 1:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.