Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 2, 2016 5:16 AM

Mar 2015
So Rio and Illya are related.

The puck? Two timer father!

I dont know the reason why Rio leaves?

ED Song: 4.7/5

3.3/5
Jan 29, 2017 8:03 AM
Aug 2014
I think she's supposed to take the place of Illya and marry the emperor to secure ties between the two nations. Not entirely sure why she decided to accept that fate now though; maybe she wants to carry out Illya will.
Apr 21, 2017 8:57 AM

Jun 2013
I am completely baffled. There have been implications about Rio's father but this princess business came out of nowhere. Rio, the coolest character on this show by far, now leaves to become a hostage wife for the "greater good", or at the very least, this is the implication. And then Kanata is all "muh memories", cue upbeat ending song. How I am supposed to take this seriously? Where is all the buildup to this utterly depressing development? In episode 8, the worst thing we had to worry about was Kanata literally wetting herself.

The only saving grace the episode had was Kobayashi Yuu's performance, but I couldn't really appreciate even that because of everything else.
LeeTailorApr 21, 2017 9:15 AM
May 8, 2017 5:20 AM

May 2010
Dem obaachan used to be hot, her story was sad but more on bittersweet end as she continued to hope. And she died with a smile.
Rio got inspired.
Jul 18, 2017 1:12 AM

Oct 2012
I'm guessing that grandma is her real mother?

Rio left us
We're all doomed now :(
I need KobaYuu's drawings to cheer myself up xD
"Signature removed"
Nov 12, 2017 1:57 PM

Feb 2012

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 28, 2018 3:12 AM
Dec 2017
Oh god I cant.. this episode really hit me right in the feels. Best episode so far IMO
Aug 26, 2018 4:04 PM
Sep 2015
I didn't understand why Rio had to leave. I'm either too dumb or too sleepy to take this anime seriously. I hope the last episodes get better
May 9, 2019 9:46 PM

Nov 2013
Great OST this episode, especially during Jacott's flashback.

I felt like this episode was a bit lower budget than the other ones. So many stills and panning shots.

Rip old lady. Death by her own delusions.

Farewell Rio. You were always best girl in my heart. ; _ ;

Quite the depressing episode. I was a bit confused about the significance of the old lady and Rio leaving felt a bit pointless, but it was a good episode nevertheless.

8/10

Oct 23, 2019 2:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Rio-senpai is leaving... the end of the episode was really sad.
Aug 24, 2020 7:47 PM

Jun 2008
I cried anyway­­ ­

May 2, 2021 5:36 AM

Aug 2017
The old lady storyline should have its own episode, it feels a bit out of place with another storyline. Also, this could've been the last episode. How are they going to end now?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 4, 2022 12:26 PM

Nov 2017
Well, that was an episode.

Has that old woman been on that mountain for that long!!? Her backstory was some heavy stuff, but she seemed happy just to hear that he'd come back for her. Then she envisioned him in her window and went after him. And she's gone!

Rio's secret was more or less what I had expected, but it's still sad to see unfold, y'know? She's leaving now, but before she did she gave Kanata her trumpet after they played a rendition of Amazing Grace. Obviously, they both met the princess!~

I enjoyed the conversation they had. Rio asking Kanata if she was a good senpai to her. Kanata doesn't hesitate to respond in the affirmative
Mar 7, 2022 5:33 AM
Aug 2021
The dialogues between kanata and rio on their walk is so predictable, obvious and dumb, probably because they have used this style of story-telling over and ovwr again, with every character being either braindead or generic tropes.
The story of the old woman was also random - the story with its sole meaning just to add some seemingly deep stuffs into the show when it has nearly not much to do with anything about the show.
I really don't see the purpose of them bringing up this topic over and over again, hinting relations of the senpais with her and stuffs. I could not care less about this arch, or even take anythimg in this show seriously whem every thimg are just generic stories forced into the plot. If they cannot take themselves seriously plotwise i dont see any reason kf us to take these seriously.
And wow again the trumpet solo of amazing grace, very heartwarming wow, just like hearing the 100th time canon in D played in a wedding gig type of heartwarming, which is kind of sad provided this show had such beautiful and wellwrittsn background musics.
Cabbage_CatMar 7, 2022 5:39 AM
Oct 30, 2023 6:45 AM

Dec 2022
When the coin rolled over to rio when they were talking about the princess's little sister i knew immediately.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Nakei - Feb 1, 2010

118 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 28, 1:52 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nakei - Jan 18, 2010

160 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 25, 10:15 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kerlyenai - Feb 15, 2010

142 by James-LastOmnic »»
Jan 19, 9:11 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maximatum99 - Mar 22, 2010

264 by SX6 »»
Jan 17, 11:28 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Feb 22, 2010

140 by NECROMANCER_2003 »»
Jan 6, 2:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.