Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 27, 2013 7:28 AM

Jul 2007
Dec 21, 2013 9:10 AM

Jun 2012
the ending was not what i expected not that i disliked it but if they end it like this they should make another season at least.

it would be interesting to see another season with them being away from each other and she falling in love with someone else and then he comes back or she goes to him and allot drama happening like she/he telling him/her she/he now love the other guy/girl but he/she keep trying and if work out in the end or not idc cause if she/he doesn't give up on this new guy/girl it means she/he stays loyal to his/her gf/bf and being away from each other can make you fall in love with another person so i could accept that so i think it could be interesting. (then again that wouldn't fit this show its feeling and theme)

i am rather confused what to give this anime i am not sure a 8 or 9 would be better for this show a 9 could fit cause it was pretty realistic at some points and it was pretty touching and all. but a 8 would fit if there would be no second season and because at some moments i could really irritate my self on characters.

but i think i am going for a 8 cause i believe in the middle of the show i got really annoyed by some points maybe because there where allot of unneeded things going on that might be because they had to many episodes for this show if there is a second season it might be a 9.
RobertovkDec 21, 2013 9:20 AM
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Jan 2, 2014 12:29 AM

Jul 2010
Well, it ended the way an anime adaptation of an ongoing manga has to, with an open-ended ending. The manga went on for six years after the anime, for crying out loud!

I will have to read it to find out how the story ends, though I wish they would animate the rest. I certainly hope the star-crossed lovers end up together.

If the art were more consistent, I would give this a 10. I love the story, though it ripped my heart out at times. It isn't often that I watch a romance and feel that the girl is really the problem, but in this case, I feel that Nanami's inability to trust really was the problem almost the entire time. I really can't stand Yamamoto and Yano's best buddy is a bit of a prick too. Oh well, on to reading the manga to see how the story continues... sigh
Apr 10, 2014 4:23 PM

Oct 2011
This was a cute episode, I like it. I was expecting for a open end, so...
Ooooh well.. Call me heartless, but I didn't cried in any episode. Nana not being confident enough made some pretty annoying scenes, and some attitudes from Yano too.
But what I hate the most here? THE SPOILERS FROM EVERYONE!
WHY PEOPLE? WHY?!!
C'mon, don't spoil everything from the manga in the anime poll!! Really, it's really stupid and annoying. Can make a lot of people mad or sad. I didn't care so much because this isn't my favorite anime, but I wanted to read the manga. It's so hard to don't give spoilers?
I like drama, but some things here looked so fake. But other times it looked really realistic, and I could enjoy
I give 7/10 even if sometimes I would give a 3 or 9.
May 18, 2014 2:06 PM

Oct 2013
So Yamamoto called Yano when her mom was in the hospital but now that she's better, she's gonna leave her to chase Yano? I just can't stand Yamamoto, move on with your life.

I know the manga went on for years after this, but I don't like open endings. And since it's been almost 8 years, I doubt there'll be a second season. I loved this anime so I'll just pretend Yano and Nanami both went to college together in Tokyo and lived happily ever after <3
Jul 12, 2014 3:11 PM

Jun 2012
Fuck this shit 1/10
Aug 15, 2014 6:41 PM

Dec 2012
It's been a while since an anime has been able to get the tears flowing and my breathing off rhythm to the point where I could break down and cry if I tried to utter a word. I'm surprised at how much this managed to get through to me, the moment the video stopped playing and I closed it, it sank in that this was over.

To me this wasn't an open ending, since you can arbitrarily say that them getting together but not showing them get married, have kids, and become grandparents is an open ending as well. The conclusion really hit everything that this had built up home. One of the big themes in this show was trust. This was something that Nanami had been lacking and it was why her relationship with Yano kept hitting a wall. So when Yano made the decision to go to Tokyo, Nanami accepting that decision and waiting for him showed her growth as a character. This is the ultimate display of trust.

I also really felt for Yuri though too. It's so depressing that she can't let go of Yano and continues to chase after him despite it being futile. He became her obsession and it's almost like a greater force is compelling her to continue following him.

My only real problem with this show was Takeuchi. He started off as a strong, awesome character, but his obsession with Nanami became a bit unbelievable. It also started feeling a bit repetitive how he constantly chased after her, which led to that bit during eps 21-23 that, although it wasn't necessarily bad, wasn't really needed either.

But even with that in mind, the pros outweigh and suffocate that gripe of mine. Yano and Nanami's relationship is one of the most organic I've seen in anime and I loved their witty interactions. Yano was a tease and Nanami spoke her mind. The chemistry was perfect and I can't even count how many times I smiled watching them get along. I also loved the musical choice and thought it interesting that they used insert songs more than a regular ost.

9.5/10, Bokura ga Ita really spoke to me and has left an impression that I haven't felt from anime in a long time. I'm leaning more towards a 10 but I want to wait a few days and make sure this isn't just a heat of the moment sensation. If I can look back and say fondly "I was there", then I'll round up to that 10/10.
Jun 12, 2015 10:41 PM

Feb 2013
I gave it a 7/10

I enjoyed it, but man....there was a LOT that I didn't like....I'd say especially Yano. But I tried my best to take that out of my overall vote, because while I wanted the story to go in a different direction, it was still good.
Jul 19, 2015 10:54 PM

Nov 2014
It's nice to finally know how it ends, since I never finished the end of the manga. It was sad that they were apart at the end, but they'll only be apart for a year and I think time apart would be good for them.

But I'm surprised that Yamamoto is going to chase Yano to Tokyo...She needs to open her eyes and get over him. Maybe Yamamoto and Takeuchi should get together and stop chasing Yano and Nana xD
Jul 26, 2015 1:26 PM
Jul 2015
Good anime , different style art. The one eye thing bugged me sometimes but that's just the artists way I guess lol . I'll give it an 8/10 why? It was good but def no masterpiece , the ending was okay, if a second season was held in their minds the writer could have gone any way with this. Which is great , I guess the rest is up to us to think about or the creators simple made it this cliffhanger for us to check out the manga . Either way it was good . If I were Yamamoto though I'd give up, why chase someone who has someone they love ? Like okay u love him but is it worth breaking 2 people up? Come on girl . Move on. Haha
Nov 7, 2015 11:10 PM
May 2015
I hate, I really hate this kind of ending. Leaving so many of confusions and curiousness. I hate this feeling (-(-(-.-)-)-)
na_mikoNov 8, 2015 3:47 AM
Nov 8, 2015 6:00 PM

Feb 2013
If you want to continue start on chapter 32 of the manga I'm currently reading it. I saw the anime quite a while ago.
Jan 20, 2016 4:35 AM

Dec 2014
I kinda lose sight between the whole melodrama. did not seem like an ending though
May 15, 2016 11:32 AM

May 2013
Glad it's over and glad Yano went to Tokyo bc his mom really needs him and a mother is always more important than a gf duh.

This anime was okay. I wouldn't recommend it to others though :/
Aug 8, 2016 2:36 AM
Jun 2015
I somewhat liked it... until my point of view changed. Sometimes Yano would seem like an abusive boyfriend meanwhile Nanami would seem spoiled... I just wanted Takeuchi to be happy ^^'
Oct 22, 2016 5:29 AM

Aug 2010
I think i liked this animes...

Remembering again what kind of school love is all about... haha :D

I got curiosity where the story ends after watched this animes by watching the two live action movies... ( Yamamoto is cute, haha )

I think it still better in animes, because i can feel it more... XD
Jan 14, 2017 6:16 PM
Mar 2015
I know I'm super late, but I was REALLY hoping it would be like Toradora in the end... This is killing me. And the music doesn't make it better in terms of how sad I am now
Jan 19, 2017 9:54 PM

Jan 2013
Can't believe they didn't have sex before being apart for a year. Especially when early on in the series it was brought up and handled tastefully. Even the second time he went to get condoms. Shame it wasn't included, it would sell it on the realism.

Still. 9.5/10 Much better than expected. Still feel bad for Yuri. I can tell where the manga is going. She will go to Tokyo to be with Yano. Nanami will waver. At least one more drama wave will happen.
Jan 26, 2017 5:48 AM
May 2013
I'm glad I decided to double speed it after 2nd episode, the pace was so slow,I saved so much time.
Not dramatic enough, but it had some good point.
Feb 15, 2018 3:06 AM

Jan 2012
Ah, another shoujo was a bittersweet opened ending. With Nana watching as Yano leaves, the two steadfast in maintaining their long distance relationship. Well I suppose I figured as much after checking here before even starting this and seeing the source manga went another 6 years or so after this adaptation ended. And considering it's over 10 years old now I will just consider this the end. No interest in seeking out the manga. Well this was fine. You know, it's funny, I just so happened to end up watching over half the episodes of this on Valentine's Day so...certainly thematically appropriate. XD I swear I didn't plan it out that way either, just kinda happened. And it took pretty much less than 3 days to speed-blitz past it too. I gotta say, first the early kiss and then the early naked together in bed this certainly made more progress much quicker than many other shoujo series I've watched....and then spent the rest of its time in a drama quagmire. Much more indicative of standard shoujo fare. XD Let's see....the only two characters besides our leads who really seemed particularly noteworthy were Yamamoto and Takeuchi. Maybe Nana's friends too but...eh. Yamamoto was just a bitch the whole time, never liked her. Takeuchi was awesome, often better than Yano. Kinda reminded me of Suwa from Orange only not as cool. I mean Suwa was better than literally every other character in Orange combined. XD The leads both had their flaws. Moreso Yano in the beginning and Nana in the end. On the whole I think Yano came off looking worse ultimately but eh, whatever. It was all more or less expected. All the drama anyway. We also had two Christmas episodes to add to my ever growing list, though I probably wouldn't ever wanna replay these. And that goes for this whole series actually it was...really just fine. I don't think I regret watching it but I'm good with leaving it alone now. 6 out of 10.

EDIT: Oh yeah! I almost forgot, how bout those no eyes or one eye throughout the whole damn show huh? God that was odd. Was it a stylistic choice or budgetary? I'll guess the former but...really, odd. XD
animefan8800Feb 15, 2018 3:19 AM
Nov 24, 2018 12:24 PM

Dec 2012
Once again, this ending hit me like a ton of bricks. Especially knowing what happens next, it really makes this such an unbearable departure. I was completely wrong about what this conclusion represents and it really sinks in as I reread my post from years ago. I tried to pick up the manga back then, but couldn't bring myself to see this through to its conclusion.

I think this time around, I was able to more deeply resonate with Yano. Maybe it's because I can relate to his flaws a bit more now, but I felt myself drawn to his side of the story far more. These last few episodes show how he's starting to think about the future - particularly his future with Nanami. It reminds me a bit of After Story and his desire to become a protector & provider is what really makes his journey to this point so profound. That and his smile. There's no hating him when he breaks that one out.

Even though I brought a new perspective to this re-watch, my overall feelings towards Bokura ga Ita have remained the same. I still adore how this series explores a naive first love and transforms it into a life changing journey to the human heart. The title speaks volumes to that theme of memories and how, even if doesn't last forever, those moments they shared will exist for eternity.

10/10. I think I've found the courage to try the manga again and see this through to the end.
ZekkenshinNov 24, 2018 12:32 PM
Jan 27, 2019 11:38 AM

Jan 2014
Wow this show is really good. I like the character development for all 3 MC. At times the characters are annoying especially Yano but I realized that if given the chance I would probably do the same choices he made.

The soundtracks are quite catchy and fit the show very well. I sometimes find myself watching all 25 minutes listening through the ending song. I thought the pacing was slow at times but looking back it is perfect for a 26 episode series.

9/10 quite good.
Recommend me an anime
Apr 15, 2019 8:59 PM
Mar 2019
i broke down at the part where nanami was chasing the train and everyone was watching and yano has tears in his eyes fuckckk
Sep 24, 2019 8:00 AM
Sep 2019
jacobpaige said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
i didn't really care for the ending, it seemed like they were trying to leave everything open in the hopes of another season. also really wish they would have stopped the whole one-eye thing, it just made everyone look like they had been horribly maimed.
😂😂😂😂👍
Feb 19, 2020 5:04 AM
May 2012
Is always the same story. Good first episode, the rest is garbage.
I had hopes in this show (gave the first episode a solid 10/10), and they were all crushed to dust :(
At the end it didn't even look like lazy writing, it looked like no writing AT ALL. I mean, there were like 3 "lines" every 5 minutes in some episodes. At least it felt like that to me. Oh, it also looked like a slideshow instead of an animation xD
So much blah -.-
So many missing eyes xD
The creepy episode :S

Honorable mentions to:
-Episode 12: what a twist, didn't see that coming :o I was like OMGOSH. Maybe this show isn't gonna turn into a bad one.
-Episode 13: another twist at the end!!! Yay!!! I'm in Takeuchi's team! Takeuchi ... FAITO!!!

And then ... The horror ...
3/10 overall :(

Edit: I really hated the "la la la" background music in almost (if not all) every single fracking episode >:(
urdurFeb 19, 2020 5:09 AM
Jun 5, 2020 3:06 PM

Dec 2014
Yamamoto really needs to just move on. Seriously, stop chasing after him, it's pathetic, he doesn't want you.

As for the show, had some good moments, but also some annoying and irritating ones. Just watched the characters repeat their same mistakes over and over and struggle to work out a solution for way too long. Would not have minded a 13 episodes series.
The one eye thing was getting on my nerves as well.

"Life is not a game of luck. If you wanna win, work hard."
Nov 13, 2020 2:54 AM
Apr 2016
Trust me I loved the anime, until episode 18 happened. Everything went downhill after episode 18. The female mc is so irrirtating. She's a selfish bitch who just tries to act all high-mighty, she wants people to sympathize with her. But in real life people should abandon girls like this who only think about herself. Honestly if your partner doesn't understand you, believe me it's not worth maintaining that relationship. Now don't give me "they are teenagers" crap. I dated a guy for four years in my teenage days. There were ups and downs. But never in our life we did this bulshittery of misunderstandings. It's not that hard to confront each other. Sorry that I'm ranting. I initially wanted to give it an 8. But after episode 18, it became unbearable for me. I wanted to give it a 1. But I liked the ending. So giving it a 6/10.
Nov 25, 2020 9:56 PM

Feb 2019
Quite a cliffhanger ending... I wonder if the manga ended at the same point.
Jun 29, 2021 8:03 PM

Jan 2021
really loved this show but it tore me to pieces.

but i appreciate the realism... it really did a good job of that. addressing difficult topics.... very well done. "sometimes the right thing to do isn't always the important thing to do."
the growth of the characters. i couldn't help but sympathize with all of the characters. (EXCEPT for the Yamamoto's. ugh. really they were scum).

and it was the right thing for Yano to do, to go with his mother. she's what the French call "les incompétents."

if he were to have chosen Nanami over his mom, it would've led to him resenting her for the rest of his life. as for what happens afterwards...... i looked ahead a bit...... really upsetting. however...... i'm still going to read it. i'm too invested to stop now.

and as long as no MC's die, I can deal. and i know Yano and Nana will be together in the end. how could they not be????
Jul 11, 2021 1:47 PM
Feb 2021
Upto which volume did the Anime covered? So that I can read it from where it left behind.
Dec 27, 2021 2:59 PM
Dec 2021
10/10 will watch again in a few years
Aug 14, 2022 10:01 AM

Aug 2011
An epic ending and one helluva cliffhanger. Not sure a second season would do this justice; it might be best to just leave it alone.
Oct 28, 2022 8:16 AM

Jun 2010
And this ends "drawn out to the max" the anime. I can't even recount how many times throughout the series they just stood there awkwardly staring at each other, talking or even thinking in trunctuated sentences and the same two or three songs playing in the background ad nauseam. And they were basically retreading the same misunderstandings and trust issues again and again throughout the whole thing. I couldn't even take Nanami serious anymore when she musters her resolve or vows to believe in their relationship and that she can work things out with Yano because of course she is going to insecure again - it's inevitable. Sorry, but somewhere along the lines it just got old.
Mar 21, 2023 7:20 PM
Mar 2016
The ending solidifies this as a 5 for me. Rather than a second season, it really just needs a 2 second epilogue of them together in Tokyo.

It started out much better. The episodes feel quite long, but that's because each one covers what a slower anime would in 2 or 3, since there aren't any sub-plots. My main gripes are that the cardinal sins weren't wrong at all. There was absolutely nothing wrong with Yamamoto and Yano comforting each other after Nana died. Real life couples form out of those kind of situations all the time. It wasn't like either person's feelings were exploited. There was nothing wrong with Yano saying he loved his ex-girlfriend either. Like what did you expect him to say after pressuring him.

But that brings me to the worst part of this show. That being the cycle of:
1) Takahashi pressures Yano to open up.
2) Takahashi dislikes his answer.
3) Takahashi breaks off the relationship.
4) Yano tries to respect her wishes
5) Yano eventually wins her over by hurting himself to show his dedication.

I'm not saying it's wrong to fetishize men's emotions. I am saying I've seen many women do this to their partners in real life, and it's frankly disgusting. "I can't respect him anymore." "He doesn't make me feel safe anymore." "I can't look at him the same way anymore." It's essentially the same as pressuring a girl into having sex before she's ready and then dumping her afterwards. Sure, the mechanics are different, but at the end of the day you're punishing a person after forcing them to be at their most vulnerable to you.

It's a little more bearable because the show's world constantly acts like these actions are horrible. But even beyond that, I found myself chastising Takahashi for being such a spineless coward. For once just confront your problems, talk them out properly without leaving in the middle, and then deal with the fallout appropriately.

I mean, Li'l Nana is cute and all, but she seems like a major headache. And by the end it almost seemed like a sunk-cost-fallacy relationship. They didn't even fool around beyond kissing a few times. For that amount of drama, some reciprocal oral would be nice. I get that they're supposed to be young and immature, but it all adds up to constant problems down the road imo. Like if Yano is so possessive Takahashi can't talk to other boys, and if Takahashi is constantly picking fights and threatening breakups over the smallest things; how on earth is this relationship supposed to last? Honestly I'm pretty disappointed with this one given how strong the start was.

If they were going to lean heavily into petty drama, they should have deepened the love triangle with Yamamoto. Even if it was just an emotional affair, it would have made the separations more understandable. Instead we get, "How dare you go to the hospital with your friend when her mom had a stroke after your mutual friend died!? You were supposed to go on a date with me! But you missed the first hour, so we're through!" Like whut????? It would be a different story if he was always sacrificing time to help her, but it was literally the third time he'd interacted with her all semester. And he rejected her trying to read deeper into it afterwards. Like instead of expecting him to feel what you want, read your mind, and sacrifice all else before you, why not take 5 seconds to think about him instead??? But given the target demographic, it doesn't surprise me all that much. Lots of women still struggle with those things in their 30s after all. Empathy for me but not for thee and all that.

I couldn't believe it when the other characters were surprised Yano's mom was like his ex. Of course she was. How are the people constantly lecturing him to pay more attention to other's feelings so blind? Even just thinking about what they know about her (impulsive, multiple marriages, history of prostitution) pretty much paints a similar picture. And it makes sense why Yano would fall for Nana in the first place. Doesn't quite explain why Takeuchi always wants to snipe his girlfriends, but whatever. It all just makes me miss the first season of From Me to You. When people actually talked to each other.

P.S. How do so many people not understand that the eye thing was done to avoid having to draw bangs or shadows covering the eyes. If you look at the remaining eye, the hair always cuts off at it's border. I imagine the artist had difficulty drawing that, but I also think it was an attempt to maintain focus on the remaining eye as a vector for portraying the character's emotions. Instead of looking the character in both eyes, we'll instinctually look at the one and notice the greater detail. I don't think it was really worth it in the end because most of the time the eyes are portrayed dull and flat, even during these scenes. But I always figured that was the intention, once I noticed it.
DarkdaxterMar 21, 2023 7:58 PM
Mar 21, 2023 7:39 PM
Mar 2016
Tyfyazzela said:
Trust me I loved the anime, until episode 18 happened. Everything went downhill after episode 18. The female mc is so irrirtating. She's a selfish bitch who just tries to act all high-mighty, she wants people to sympathize with her. But in real life people should abandon girls like this who only think about herself. Honestly if your partner doesn't understand you, believe me it's not worth maintaining that relationship. Now don't give me "they are teenagers" crap. I dated a guy for four years in my teenage days. There were ups and downs. But never in our life we did this bulshittery of misunderstandings. It's not that hard to confront each other. Sorry that I'm ranting. I initially wanted to give it an 8. But after episode 18, it became unbearable for me. I wanted to give it a 1. But I liked the ending. So giving it a 6/10.

Preach. A real life teenage couple that avoids each other that much breaks up, and one or both people are in a new relationship next week. Age aside, any relationship that lasts needs at least some level of consistent communication.
Apr 22, 2023 10:12 PM
Apr 2021
The ending is just okay for me but I would really love for the timeskip that they really got together again (✯ᴗ✯) although I like Takeuchi x Nanami, however, Yano also touched my feelings he really now putting a effort and serious not to break their relationship, so plus points for him 😁

And Yamamoto is indeed a biatch ( ╹▽╹ ) she doesn't know when to give up 🙄 Tsk why should she get in the way of their relationship when she had years telling Yano she loved him. She really get on my nerves (+_+)
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Episode 16 Discussion

jacobpaige - Mar 16, 2008

33 by miyatobio »»
Apr 6, 11:28 PM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Episode 19 Discussion

26 by Suoly »»
Mar 20, 10:10 PM

» Bokura ga Ita Season II Discussion

Rufus - Jul 4, 2008

25 by chrisma »»
Feb 7, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Episode 11 Discussion

28 by poobular »»
Jan 20, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Episode 1 Discussion

sifma - Jun 24, 2008

48 by JoexySun »»
Dec 27, 2023 1:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.