Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 15, 2008 6:29 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Marvelous episode! Fumi shot Mika. Did she really died? After shooting Mika, Fumi looked contained. Maybe the dual personality was integrated and she got Mika's memory. Who is the lady at the last scene? Fumika's mother? Oh they didn't give us the preview for the next episode. I can't wait for the next.

===
oh sorry, sobzob. I'll wait for you make an entry of the next final episode.
dtshykMar 19, 2008 10:48 PM
Mar 16, 2008 5:00 AM

Mar 2007
My thread. :(
Anyways, superb episode. I don't think, or rather I really hope that Mika didn't die, or disappear, whatever!
I'd say it's rather likely that we'll get to see Mika again in the next episode.
And I suspect that it was Fumika's mother in the end as well.
Looking forward to the final episode!
Mar 19, 2008 4:16 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
dtshyk said:
Marvelous episode! Fumi shot Mika. Did she really died? After shooting Mika, Fumi looked contained. Maybe the dual personality was integrated and she got Mika's memory. Who is the lady at the last scene? Fumika's mother? Oh they didn't give us the preview for the next episode. I can't wait for the next.

My thoughts, more or less. I don't want Mika to be gone, really looking forward to the final episode. This anime feels so short. ;_;

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 19, 2008 4:17 PM

Aug 2007
Hm so I wonder if Fumi shot Mika. I doubt it though because her "body" wasn't around but it might have disappeared though I still think she is alive somewhere.

I found it very very very wierd that Kirameki had a sex change. I don't think I needed to see that part.

Mar 19, 2008 7:13 PM

Jan 2008
I liked this episode.
Mar 19, 2008 7:32 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Darkreaper70 said:
I found it very very very wierd that Kirameki had a sex change. I don't think I needed to see that part.
Ehhh? Were we watching the same show?

Sobzob said:
I'd say it's rather likely that we'll get to see Mika again in the next episode.
I agree. If she simply shot Mika, then they would have shown it :P They want to keep us in suspense and questioning!! Fumi could not have had that dramatic of a personality shift, so incredibly fast. Something's up.

And another scene that makes Kaname realize that it was actually Mika he was in love with, not Fumi... Which is going to turn out to be an interesting relationship, because I think Chiaki found a way for her to stay in existence -- but probably as a dead mail carrier xD

"Would you like to meet my girlfriend and her talking staff?" Haha.
Mar 19, 2008 7:42 PM

Jan 2008
I really didn't like this arc at all (liked the episodic episodes alot more) but the entire was worth it because we got to see Fumika playing the wii which was one of the cutest scenes I have seen in a while. I was generally bored throughout the episode (something felt off about the pacing, but I assume that is just me). I do look forward to the last episode, heres to hoping that Fumika's mother gets whats coming to her (for leaving her daughter in the hands of that psycho and living what seems like the good life on her own).
Mar 19, 2008 8:24 PM

Jan 2007
Loved it! Fumi-chan playing the Wii was win.
Mar 19, 2008 10:27 PM

Nov 2007
maxcherry715 said:
I really didn't like this arc at all (liked the episodic episodes alot more) but the entire was worth it because we got to see Fumika playing the wii which was one of the cutest scenes I have seen in a while. I was generally bored throughout the episode (something felt off about the pacing, but I assume that is just me). I do look forward to the last episode, heres to hoping that Fumika's mother gets whats coming to her (for leaving her daughter in the hands of that psycho and living what seems like the good life on her own).

Yeah, a bit of a letdown after the last couple. Of course, I generally hate the whole guilt/must take my punishment thing when it shows up in my anime.

Kineta said:
Fumi could not have had that dramatic of a personality shift, so incredibly fast. Something's up.

Also agree with this.
Mar 19, 2008 10:49 PM

Oct 2007
Ok there is no way she would be able to get up and walk after three years in bed.
Mar 19, 2008 10:52 PM

Oct 2007
I liked this episode, pacing and all! I think Fumi and Mika merged somehow because of Fumi's resolve at the end. Maybe they will be re-seperated next epidsode becuase of Chiaki's research. I think that was Fumika's mother...not simply her father having had a sex change. Can't wait for next ep!!!
Mar 20, 2008 12:26 AM

Dec 2007
quitearush said:
Ok there is no way she would be able to get up and walk after three years in bed.

I had wondered if anyone else noticed that...don't muscles normally atrophy? I mean, her hair grew and all.

Then again, physics doesn't usually apply to anime anyways...

Such is life...
Mar 20, 2008 1:56 AM

Oct 2007
My god can she run.

Mar 20, 2008 5:05 AM

Feb 2008
Kirjath said:
quitearush said:

I had wondered if anyone else noticed that...don't muscles normally atrophy? I mean, her hair grew and all.

Noticed that as well, I guess we're just meant to overlook that xP
Mar 20, 2008 5:13 AM

Jan 2008
LolitaDecay said:
Kirjath said:
quitearush said:

Noticed that as well, I guess we're just meant to overlook that xP

yea, it's making no sense.

kasumisama said:
maxcherry715 said:

Yeah, a bit of a letdown after the last couple. Of course, I generally hate the whole guilt/must take my punishment thing when it shows up in my anime.

Kineta said:
Fumi could not have had that dramatic of a personality shift, so incredibly fast. Something's up.

Also agree with this.

exactly :(
suddenly i got this feeling that fumi-chan is becoming the villian, this episode is ok, but not that great, sadly

Darkreaper70 said:

huh? did i miss something?
Mar 20, 2008 5:58 AM

Jul 2007
i dont think the lady at the end was fumika's mother, if you ask me she looks an incredible amount like chiaki =\
Mar 20, 2008 7:33 AM

Feb 2008
They did one thing wrong, there's no way someone who has been sleeping for 3 years, will just walk normaly =/
Other than that, I found the episode was very good. I hope that Mika is alive. Also, that woman at the end, looks like it might be Fumi's mother.
Really looking forward to the last episode =)
KayroMar 20, 2008 10:26 AM
Mar 20, 2008 8:09 AM
Jul 2018
ViM said:
i dont think the lady at the end was fumika's mother, if you ask me she looks an incredible amount like chiaki

Woah, now that you mention it, she really does. But it can't be, right? Since Chiaki would be an old woman by now. I'm guessing it's Fumika's mother.

Fumi-chan playing the Wii was so cute! :3
& I'm really liking Kaname more and more as the series goes on. It was totally Mika he had a crush on though.
Mar 20, 2008 10:16 AM

Feb 2008
ViM said:
i dont think the lady at the end was fumika's mother, if you ask me she looks an incredible amount like chiaki =
That's what I thought.
But why are they bringing in a new character in the very last episode?
Mar 20, 2008 10:35 AM
Dec 2007
LolitaDecay said:
ViM said:
i dont think the lady at the end was fumika's mother, if you ask me she looks an incredible amount like chiaki =
That's what I thought.
But why are they bringing in a new character in the very last episode?
Fumika's mother most likely, which would her make a previously mentioned character.

And I think you are all forgetting this is anime, and in anime convetions, people can do things one normally can't. Just let the whole "walking after three years in a coma" thing slide by.

Anyway, I think either she got Mika's personality together with her own (maybe Fumi actually got shot, that'd be a twist) or the shock of re-learning all her bitter memories drove her into the cold attitude she now has. I think it's about time she put Kirameki in his place, although I don't know how willing the police will be in believing her story.
Leon-GunMar 20, 2008 10:39 AM

Mar 20, 2008 5:28 PM

Aug 2007
hmm that lady does look like Chiaki. I don't think that would be her mother even if she was mentioned before (and not only because she has a totally different hair color).

Climbing those stairs must've been killer. Thankfully she got Wii training beforehand. Wii would like to play
Mar 20, 2008 5:30 PM

Jun 2007
Loved the Wii scene! Fumi-chan is so cute~

Intense episode, especially with the end. I think we'll get a really great last episode, though. Or, at least, I hope so. :P
Mar 20, 2008 7:12 PM

Jun 2007
great episode
Fumi probably isn't dead (since Chiakis effort would have been useless then) and this is heading for grad final (happy end as far as I think).

Mar 21, 2008 9:34 AM

Jan 2008
Amazing episode, Fumi can really run fast! Not ot mention, but I think she was even bare-foot! I hope Mika isn't really gone. Can't wait for the next episode, no preview definitely builds up suspense!
Mar 21, 2008 12:54 PM

Aug 2007
What a great episode. Though I can't believe that Mika would shoot Fumi without any hesitation. The finale is finally approaching, and I wonder how they are going to resolve this. The show seems to always have a lesson for something which always comes with death, so lets see if we see that again or a happy ending.
Mar 21, 2008 1:34 PM

Oct 2007
cyruz said:
dtshyk said:

My thoughts, more or less. I don't want Mika to be gone, really looking forward to the final episode. This anime feels so short. ;_;

Exactly the same feel is what i have!!!
Confusion but Excitement!!!
Mar 21, 2008 1:49 PM

Nov 2007
maybe she'll get to live with her mother and lock that psycho dad up or atleast her mother will own up and do something for her kid. it will be a good ending only if kirameki ends up in prison where he belongs.
Mar 21, 2008 1:55 PM
Sep 2007
I wonder what's gonna happen with their mother next ep D:
Mar 22, 2008 2:33 AM

Dec 2007
Mikaaaaa~~~~~~! é_è
Mar 22, 2008 3:48 AM

Nov 2007
man i can't wait for the next episode! i hope mika doesn't disappear ;_; and yeah i agree with everyone else she suddenly coped with having all her motor skills back quickly...

Mar 22, 2008 9:35 AM
Dec 2007
Shigofumi n°1 anime of this season ! And this 11th episode proves it once again, brilliantly directed, very deep characters and character development, awesome soundtrack and animation, and even if the script is not the best out there, it's sufficiently well done and paced to make us want to see more and enjoy all the episodes. I must say I'm quite sad there's only one episode left, but this series will remain one of the best of this year I bet.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 23, 2008 2:44 AM

Oct 2007
Since you didn't actually see it, just heard the gunshot, that means Mika isn't dead. Confirm the kill, people, confirm the kill.
Mar 23, 2008 7:49 AM

Oct 2007
quitearush said:
Since you didn't actually see it, just heard the gunshot, that means Mika isn't dead. Confirm the kill, people, confirm the kill.

She would not die anyway... just disappear...

But as long as Chiaki manages to get her approved as a separate being, because she disappeared/can be considered dead, that means she can legitimately get her "job" back!

Which is what i think will happen, somewhere on those lines!
Mar 23, 2008 10:18 AM

Oct 2007
It seems to me like Fumi and Mika merged again after the shot. Fumi got tougher all of a sudden so it wouldn't surprise me if all the knowledge Mika got from being Shigo-Fumi (pun intended) got absorbed into Sleeping-Fumi (another pun intended.)

As others said this episode didn't really catch my attention too much. Oh well. One more episode to go.

If we got 80% or higher let me know! :)
Mar 23, 2008 11:51 AM

Oct 2006
Wow, first time I've seen shisha in an anime o.0

I'm also unsure if that was Kirei at the end or Kirameki w/ a sex change. The latter would be funnier.
Mar 23, 2008 1:22 PM

Feb 2008
Friendlysoul said:

But as long as Chiaki manages to get her approved as a separate being, because she disappeared/can be considered dead, that means she can legitimately get her "job" back!

I'm hoping that's the case.

No offence to Fumi but Mika is alot more interesting. If Mika's stuck inside Fumi then that'll be terribly boring.

I still don't know whether she actually shot her or not. Oh well, onto the next episode~
Mar 23, 2008 3:54 PM

Sep 2007
Nice episode and I can't let go the feeling that we will get a Bad End..

Mar 23, 2008 8:45 PM

Jul 2007
Forget being able to walk after three years, how did she get up from the bed that had no tubes hooked up to her. What were they doing to feed and monitor her all these years!

Episode was alright. I haven't liked the last two episodes very much but I guess it had to be resolved somehow. I think Mika and Fumi became one person again. That sounded like Mika talking at the end of the episode. It's weird. If she's atoning for her sins going after her father isn't the best way to make Fumi happy, or maybe she wants to protect Fumi by putting Kirameki in jail.
Mar 25, 2008 6:04 PM
Feb 2008
Good episode, and leading to a satisfying conclusion as far I can tell. Kudos for another Wii cameo.

Mar 25, 2008 10:28 PM
Oct 2007
Hey cool, a Wii
Mar 26, 2008 1:40 AM

Apr 2007
Maybe the reason Fumika was able to walk and all that stuff after lying 3 years in bed is because Fumika the postal worker (aka Mika) is still a part of Fumi, as in all the walking and exercise Mika does goes into Fumi's body.

I dunno that's all i can come up with, otherwise they completely overlooked it since its a fictional story.

Netforce said:
My god can she run.

Totally XD.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2008 2:46 AM

Apr 2007
Good episode. I take it that was Fumi's mother at the end there? Seems like they might've introduced her a bit late into the show but it probably wouldn't matter regardless.
May 24, 2008 1:33 AM

May 2008
sheesha smoking girl FTW. xD
Fumi why did u shoot Mika :'(
Nov 24, 2008 6:22 PM

Jun 2007
Kineta said:
Darkreaper70 said:
Ehhh? Were we watching the same show?

Sobzob said:
I agree. If she simply shot Mika, then they would have shown it :P They want to keep us in suspense and questioning!! Fumi could not have had that dramatic of a personality shift, so incredibly fast. Something's up.

And another scene that makes Kaname realize that it was actually Mika he was in love with, not Fumi... Which is going to turn out to be an interesting relationship, because I think Chiaki found a way for her to stay in existence -- but probably as a dead mail carrier xD

"Would you like to meet my girlfriend and her talking staff?" Haha.

lol xD
yup, it does seem like kaname fell in love with mika instead of fumi, wonder how that is going to turn out.

D: hope mika will still be mika by the end of the anime -does not want her to disappear or merge into one-
Jun 25, 2009 1:54 AM

May 2008
Anyways, superb episode. I don't think, or rather I really hope that Mika didn't die, or disappear, whatever!
And I suspect that it was Fumika's mother in the end as well.
Looking forward to the final episode!
Jun 30, 2009 10:25 PM

Mar 2009
Fantastic episode I can't wait to see what will happen in the next one.

Apr 26, 2010 8:13 PM

Apr 2009
Salmonella I say! Salmonella! They were eating raw eggs! D8
Sep 1, 2011 4:07 AM

Apr 2009
She can't possibly walk straight much less run after being in bed for the last three years...

Siing said:
Maybe the reason Fumika was able to walk and all that stuff after lying 3 years in bed is because Fumika the postal worker (aka Mika) is still a part of Fumi, as in all the walking and exercise Mika does goes into Fumi's body.

I LOLed.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 31, 2012 10:28 PM
Jul 2018
Great episode! I can't believe she actually shot her. Surely Mika will appear in the last episode.

I guess that was Fumika's mother in the last scene.

Can't wait to see how it ends!
May 27, 2014 3:21 AM

Jan 2009
1. Good to see the real fumika regain conciousness

2. Wasn't expecting the real fumika to shoot mika… meh

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigofumi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

nodoka-koi - Jan 5, 2008

130 by EtherLux »»
Dec 18, 2023 12:02 PM

Poll: » Shigofumi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sobzob - Mar 22, 2008

122 by RawrOMG »»
Dec 10, 2023 10:07 PM

Poll: » Shigofumi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sobzob - Mar 8, 2008

108 by RawrOMG »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:20 AM

Poll: » Shigofumi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sobzob - Mar 2, 2008

84 by RawrOMG »»
Dec 4, 2023 10:12 PM

Poll: » Shigofumi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sobzob - Feb 23, 2008

76 by RawrOMG »»
Dec 4, 2023 3:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.