MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Durarara!! Episode 9 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Durarara!! »» Durarara!! Episode 9 Discussion

Pages (13) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Durarara!! Episode 9 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

242 69.54%
4 out of 5: Liked it

79 22.70%
3 out of 5: It was OK

21 6.03%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

3 0.86%
1 out of 5: Hated it

3 0.86%
Voters: 348

03-10-10, 10:24 PM

BitchMaster said:
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:
noteDhero said:
I totally meant to mention that scene. There was definitely something off about the direction. It lacked all of the style of the previous epiosdes (that may be my major gripe with this one) and failed to come across the way I think it was supposed to. I felt like we were supposed to be shocked at Seiji's calm demeanor, and then the way his sister was rubbing all on him, but all I could think to myself is, "Why is he eating the noodles facing the wall?"
I assume it was because he was shocked psychologically at what he did but kept it inside and started eating to forget....some people eat more just to go through depression......what really bugged me was the way he was not acting as he should have been when you kill someone....in a panic/disturbed way. In a regret state at least.

Uhhh what? Seiji is a psycho. Period. There's no "OH MAH GAWD I KILLED SOMEONE IMMA GO CRY NAO AND EAT". It was more like "IMMA KILL THIS CUNT CUZ SHE SAW MAH BODYLESS GIRLFRIEND". He didn't react to killing someone because he's a already fucked in the head right from the moment he laid eyes on the head the very first time.

francis can sense Wasabi's passionate love......

francis feel a tight bond between him and Wasabi....

*Flash*

*Insert music*

Thou art I.....And I am thou.....

Thou hast established a genuine bond.....

These genuine bonds.....shall be your eyes to see the truth.

We bestow upon thee the ability to create Wasabi, one of the Spice Girls members, the ultimate form of the Wasabi Arcana....

Congratulations on your new friendship with Wasabi, francis. May you guys live happily ever after ;)

I can say that I will never do this S.Link ever again.

03-10-10, 10:43 PM

good episode .. !

03-11-10, 9:23 AM

This just gets crazier and crazier. I lol'd at Shizuo getting stabbed with pens. His reaction is awesome as always.
Modified by Alexstratz, 03-11-10, 9:39 AM

03-11-10, 12:23 PM

Dude. Shizuo and Celty are so fucking badass. 8D

Total win ep, but the Namie and Seiji parts freaked the heck out of me... I mean, eating some ramen after murdering someone!? Eeeeh, but I guess it was supposed to shock/freak us out. o_o; Anyways, Izaya is also awesome as well, but Shizuo and Celty just did it for me. :>

And lol at Izaya imitating Celty's bike in the preview. xDD
Modified by ScarletApples, 03-11-10, 12:27 PM

03-11-10, 6:52 PM

Kvakond said:
noteDhero said:
failed to come across the way I think it was supposed to
noteDhero said:
the show was uncharacteristically lacking a sense of purpose/identity
Dead on.

francismeunier said:
noteDhero said:
I totally meant to mention that scene. There was definitely something off about the direction. It lacked all of the style of the previous epiosdes (that may be my major gripe with this one) and failed to come across the way I think it was supposed to. I felt like we were supposed to be shocked at Seiji's calm demeanor, and then the way his sister was rubbing all on him, but all I could think to myself is, "Why is he eating the noodles facing the wall?"
I assume it was because he was shocked psychologically at what he did but kept it inside and started eating to forget....some people eat more just to go through depression......what really bugged me was the way he was not acting as he should have been when you kill someone....in a panic/disturbed way. In a regret state at least.
BS. From the flashbacks it was obvious he was never 100% in the head to begin with so the way he showed no interest in the dead stalker girl would be "normal", stealing the head was a bigger "trauma"/step down the road to lunatic town for him. The way all this was portrayed and shown to us is what's under caliber for this show regards to the quality of previous episodes.

Yeah ok I agree but what caused his instability from that time he saw the head and was screwed in the head.....paranormal effects on him? Obvious he snapped when Harima tried to get rid of the head.....my best guess is that she grabbed it and that triggered it all...
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:
noteDhero said:

Uhhh what? Seiji is a psycho. Period. There's no "OH MAH GAWD I KILLED SOMEONE IMMA GO CRY NAO AND EAT". It was more like "IMMA KILL THIS CUNT CUZ SHE SAW MAH BODYLESS GIRLFRIEND". He didn't react to killing someone because he's a already fucked in the head right from the moment he laid eyes on the head the very first time.
What caused that is my question and my assumption stays at the paranormal less it was Nami who played sexually with him at a young age....who knows....
BitchMaster said:

francis can sense Wasabi's passionate love......

francis feel a tight bond between him and Wasabi....

*Flash*

*Insert music*

Thou art I.....And I am thou.....

Thou hast established a genuine bond.....

Really....last time I checked I was with girl thinking that....
BitchMaster said:
These genuine bonds.....shall be your eyes to see the truth.

Yes well not all of them and my eyes are more into the girl bonding with me....
BitchMaster said:
We bestow upon thee the ability to create Wasabi, one of the Spice Girls members, the ultimate form of the Wasabi Arcana....

Congratulations on your new friendship with Wasabi, francis. May you guys live happily ever after ;)

Rofl what the heck! >_< I don't want that! Noooooooooo!
Wasabi said:

I can say that I will never do this S.Link ever again.

Rofl come on Wasabi......you should know that Bitchmaster has a unique personality in him......it worked on me though! >_<
Modified by francismeunier, 03-11-10, 6:56 PM

In spoiler my anime list for now.

03-11-10, 6:53 PM

Francis, you still make no sense... >_>

@BitchMaster: Dude, I love francis mor than anyonez... D: Wasabi is mai rival...

noteDhero said:
The episode was framed around them, but didn't really give us more information on them. .
I agree with this, as much as how I hate those two characters being in Durarara. They are both too shallow as a character and nothing special but psychozz.

noteDhero said:
I really can't believe this show is going to be twenty-something episodes long. Things really feel like they're coming to a head, so 13 seems perfect. Something big must be around the corner. I just hope they can maintain the momentum for another 12 episodes after the first half.
Things I thought will be revealed later, is already on the board like head of Celty and Yagiri Pharmacy. Almost everything about actual 'Dullahan' is now just explained, thus making things less exciting. It was a bit of rush, but we will see. I still liked the episode for Izaya and Shizuo fanservicezz. Plus, I like how Ryugamine is getting on the center of everything although it's still a bit rush.

Something bigger might be behind all of this. For example, there was a guy who was asking everyone about the strongest of Ikebukuro in the past episode and I have no idea how he will be engaged in this whole madness. We still don't know Izaya's true purpose and the past.

03-11-10, 6:58 PM

I kind of believed him when he said he was a demon or something to that effect.

03-12-10, 7:42 PM

Izaya for the fucking win.

03-15-10, 7:48 PM

Words can't describe how amazing this episode is! ^_^

03-16-10, 9:48 PM

Wow a lot of crazy stuff happened this episode, dead stalkers, incest, love of a head(don't know what that one is called) and finally the characters are coming together.
My anime list

03-17-10, 9:29 AM

k0k0 said:
Shizuou is God.

I love him and I love this series.

03-17-10, 9:53 AM

Wow, now this is what I been waiting for from this anime.

I still don't understand why the head is doing what is doing. And who is texting her? And both the sister and her love the guy, I expected it of the sister but not the head.

03-18-10, 7:56 AM

That is one creepy love. So Harima Mika is really dead but what's the point of sewing the head again with diff head if the photo album showned earlier they look alike
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

03-19-10, 5:05 AM

Whoa, that's so twisted.

"Mika" with Celty's head is in love with Seiji, Seiji's sister is in love with him, and "Mika" got saved by Mikado.

So now he's gonna be targeted by everyone. o.o

Also, <33 Shizuo. :D
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~

03-25-10, 9:41 PM
Manga Moderator
Oh my god, give back S/Celty her head. I can't believe that creeper uncle kept it in a jar for so long!

03-29-10, 2:27 AM

I find the whole Celty-lost-her-head thingy quite funny.

Best part of the episode imao was when Izaya was sitting in his chair spinning round and round. What a badass bastard lol.

04-02-10, 1:34 PM

idk, it was a pretty good episode. among the best so far
but... omg wtf perv nee san xD

04-12-10, 2:24 AM

Shizuo epic winsss

Awesome Sig by Lailide

04-17-10, 8:23 AM

Namie took her brother to see a head in bottle , his brother fell in love with the head , she makes a female frankenstein out of the head and a stalkers body ... I LOVE THIS SHOW XDDDDD !

04-24-10, 5:57 PM

Can it be possible for the stalker being the one talking not the head?
That's what i think at least.

Pages (13) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices