Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
RomeoxJuliet
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 14, 2010 11:40 AM

Jan 2010
Swoooon....
That was sooooo romantic. O_____o
I usually hate such cheesy scenes, but this was somehow different.
Before I noticed I was half drooling over my laptop.

Teehee, this anime brings out the best in me. (NOT)
And I love it.
Romanceromanceromance.
Aug 5, 2010 10:34 PM

Jul 2009
hounddog said:
Did you ever know that you're my heeeeeeerrrrrooooooo...I swear the tune is the same. :P

This.

Impressive moves by Tybalt and loved the kiss scene at the end! :D
Aug 10, 2010 3:18 AM

Apr 2010
Awww! So adorable! So adorable I nearly shed some tears in the kissing scene.

I think I'm just a hopeless romantic!
Sep 9, 2010 3:38 AM
Jul 2010
The ending of this episode was truly amazing^^ The song really set the mood for that scene.
This series is seeming a little to slow for me as I don't really enjoy romance but it's also quite interesting and good enough to keep watching.
I hope they both die in the end like in the original play.
Oct 25, 2010 11:18 AM

Aug 2009
merle_noir said:

It was kind of off that Romeo was shouting Juliet's name as they ran through the city. Hopefully no one else around actually knows the name of Capulet's daughter - at least no one on Montague's side.

I know, right!? Romeo and Juliet as characters usually both tick me off for their dopey behavior, but this time around Romeo is just coming off as a serious dolt.

...not that I'm going to stop watching
Overthinking Anime a site devoted to anime and analysis. More fun than you might think.
Mar 28, 2011 11:37 PM

Mar 2011
Gotta say this is the best episode so far. What makes this work best is how lovable Hermine is. You genuinely feel bad for her because she truly loves Romeo and she's a wonderful person. Love triangles are most interesting when all the characters are lovable!
May 27, 2011 10:31 PM
Dec 2009
Loved the ending and the background music. Tybalt's appearance was good too.

Definitely, the episode that got me hooked on the series.
Jul 7, 2011 8:11 AM

May 2010
How sweet.
Oct 21, 2011 3:57 PM
Sep 2011
I knew it was Tybalt!

I loved this episode! Especially the end. Fireworks, you have very good timing.
Jan 17, 2012 12:06 AM
Nov 2011
eu realmente gostei desse episodio,foi tudo tão lindo e romantico no final *.*

Tybalt é lindo *.*
Apr 13, 2012 12:58 PM

Jul 2011
i was right it WAS tybalt!!!

oh but that kiss was so amazing and the song set the mood
Jul 8, 2012 12:57 AM

Sep 2011
Aw how romantic, a man forcing a kiss on a woman. Beautiful. LOL? xD

Good episode, the music really amplified the mood!
Aug 8, 2012 4:49 PM

Nov 2011
Kiss under the starry skies.

:>

Meanwhile, Hermione...
Jan 11, 2013 2:26 AM

May 2012
Sweeeetttt!!!! Way to go, Romeo!!! Loving it!
Jan 11, 2013 2:30 AM

May 2012
Sweeeetttt!!!! Way to go, Romeo!
Apr 21, 2013 8:19 AM

Jan 2012
finally, :D

poor hermione :(
Oct 23, 2013 2:21 AM

Jul 2013
And my instincts win again, I knew it had to be Tybalt! He was so cool with his daggers!
The ending was sensational, gotta feel sorry for Hermoine.
I've already re watched this episode.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Dec 26, 2013 4:16 AM

Jan 2013
I cry everytime T_T

Poor Hermione though
Dec 29, 2013 6:51 PM

Dec 2013
Between the music, the starry sky, the fireworks, and the music it was soooo freaking romantic!!!! Gaahhhh! I had to stop, rewind, and watch that whole section over! SO. MUCH. FEELS.
Jan 7, 2014 8:39 PM
Oct 2013
O.k. so I am of the opinion Romeo is just about the most adorable thing ever, but am I the only one bugged by the fact that Romeo is engaged, then goes around pursuing another girl for like six episodes while the fiancé is totally ignored then he continues to make plans and lead this girl on and when the poor girl was going to watch engagement fireworks with her fiancé he instead goes off kissing another girl (which would have been fantastic if not for the whole fiancé Juliet didn't know about)...grr, if he wasn't so adorable I would kill hi1m Tybalt was super cool and Benvolio was so precious!
Feb 7, 2014 10:17 AM

May 2012
Dat kiss <3 pretty lovely development and that chase was pretty epic! Well let's see what will happen next!
Jun 22, 2014 1:41 PM

Dec 2013
They kissed but I still feel sad about knowing the ending
Oct 19, 2014 6:10 PM
Feb 2014
mild_even said:
Benvolio and family live on to see another day... YES! And "Oh damn! A broom! It's my first time seeing one!!!"

Let's see... guy agrees to meet with girl later, guy meets other girl who he really loves, guy chases that girl, guy finally catches up to her, guy forces himself, girl struggles, guys kisses girl and it all changes, *gasp* fireworks!, guy and girl enjoy each others' company, first girl is left hanging wondering where guy is. I've always disliked sequences such at these.

What annoys me the most is how Romeo is running through the city screaming "Juliet!" as he is passing everyone. It's a dude you're chasing!!! Luckily, everyone is enjoying the festival -- too oblivious of the fact that two people ran across the same street a parade was going through.

With all that said, it seemed necessary and I am definitely looking forward to the next episode. That Montague is such a jerk. Romeo needs to grow a backbone and take his father out now! And what is he going to do when the Capulets are breathing down his neck. Things are getting more complicated.

When put like that, the episode seemed like crap. :/

I liked the ending though. I think they executed it quite nicely.
Oct 9, 2015 8:37 AM
Dec 2014
Tybalt looks awesome in this version than he was in the play. Really liked the kiss scene at the end of this episode.
Sep 3, 2016 9:49 AM

Nov 2013
OMG! Amazing episode, especially the end! It was time already :)
Jan 28, 2017 7:49 AM

Aug 2014
y'all i'm literally crying cause we all know this shit is a tragedy like wtf i hate this.
Xtina is my mother!
Apr 27, 2017 2:11 PM

Jul 2013
I liked the Lena Park version of You Raise Me Up, I thought it fitted the scene beautifully!

The kiss scene was so amazing at the end, I loved it, so beautiful.

Also it was Tybalt and he is hot, I can't wait to see what happens, he was awesome with those dual swords!
Jul 11, 2017 8:00 PM

Dec 2014
holy shit its Tybalt

Hermionne just left out in the cold D:
poor lady
Oct 22, 2017 4:02 PM

Nov 2016
Oh yes, some real romance right there,very good episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 26, 2018 2:52 PM

Jan 2010
A rake? Wow, that's a really aged insult. Also, I just realized that the anime has to do more with irises than roses.

I didn't expect to like Romeo x Juliet as much as I do. It's almost refreshing to see a couple that truly loves each other, having none of the on/off again, slap-slap-kiss, back and forth antics that try to back step any progress towards actually falling in love. I'm almost fine with the family entanglements, as it just makes them what to be with each other more. So far, the story has taken a stark turn from the original script, and I have no idea what to expect anymore.

As an ending note, I'm surprised to hear "You Raise Me Up" in English at the end. The last Japanese song I've heard translated into English was Haruhi Suzumiya's "God Knows," but then again, "You Raise Me Up" was originally an English song, so I have no idea how licensing and legalities work in that regard. But again, that transitioned to the hard rock ending, which was absurdly jarring.
Dec 14, 2018 4:52 PM

May 2013
Ooooh, he stole her kiss... and her heart ;D ;D you sly fox, Romeo~~~

Sorry, Hermione :( youse a sweet girl, but if you really think a red rose is Romeo's fave flower even after he said it makes his head hurt at the ball AND when he stopped longer to stare at the one iris in your garden-- you're not a match for him. That's all there is to it.
Jan 27, 2019 7:24 PM

Jun 2012
Gotta love Romeo. Guys a mans man. He just grabbed her and smacked a big one on her while leaving his side chick waiting. Brutal af.
Jul 16, 2020 5:11 AM

Feb 2017
Poor Hermione...

I do really like how they use the roses to sum up Romeo and Hermione’s relationship; she doesn’t know him at all. I’m curious where they’re going to go with her character.

Tybalt seems pretty cool and interesting as well. I wonder how things will end up playing out relative to the original play, since it’s already so drastically different. Maybe some characters will even survive in this version, although I can’t see a happy ending sitting right with this show.
Jan 24, 2021 6:42 PM

Mar 2013
AHHHH SO IT WAS TYBALT. Man is he hot. That double swording? PHEWWW. also his Pegasus was completely different than the ones we have seen so far....interesting. I am looking forward to seeing him again :)

Still wondering why Cielo is so drawn to Irises and all of that...I have a Guess but hmmm.
Romeo going to the Cemetery and figuring out that Juliet is a Capulet...what a powerful scene. I am guessing the Story he has been told about her Family is the same Benvolio thought till today.

As soon as that Song started playing and he was chasing her that was just absolutely sweet and then that KISS.
Ahhh, but this will probably not last long..also the more I watch the more I am dreading the Ending and how much the Series will follow the original play ._. I am holding onto that Hope that it will turn out different but really do not know how it would fit to the overall show.

Oof next Episode seems to be interesting. More Tybalt!! Juliet is more and more becoming more "serious" on her path for her Family etc, is she going to be murdering the Priest? And seems like Romeo has gotten himself another slap...probably by his Father...maybe for standing up his fiancee? Poor him.
sirenixJan 24, 2021 6:48 PM
"You think your power has limits, I say it's limitless."

Oct 12, 2021 1:38 PM

Sep 2020
Romeo x Juliet forever \(°o°)/ what a episode. Love the ending and the insert song.
Mar 31, 2022 6:39 PM
Mar 2019
Not for me, hate Fireworks to explain Love.
Apr 27, 2023 2:07 PM
Sep 2021
FINALMENTE!!!! ME ARREPIEI INTEIRA!!!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

konakona - Nov 5, 2007

130 by bizor »»
Jun 24, 2023 9:39 PM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanashimi - Apr 12, 2007

57 by x1drownd »»
Apr 10, 2023 4:03 AM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 9 Discussion

Kanashimi - Jun 8, 2007

29 by Evan_Gorgon »»
Feb 25, 2023 12:13 PM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 6 Discussion

MasterChief - May 13, 2007

39 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 5, 2022 10:44 PM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 2 Discussion

itainteazy - Apr 16, 2007

29 by brokeweeb123 »»
Sep 9, 2022 5:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.