Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 3, 2010 11:29 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Meiren sure come and go pretty quick, I guess it doesn't really matter as long as she's not Akira's enemy. The second half was pretty entertaining, glad to see Akira and Mina getting some assistance instead of having to fight against the enemy by themselves :D It's also nice to see Akira in his true form during the explosion :D
ShanaFlameMar 3, 2010 11:42 PM
Mar 4, 2010 12:08 AM

Oct 2009
New ED Time and Holy.... :o Naked Minna/Naked Akira and of all Naked Yuki?=>
Oh heck not bad but if they can do that in herer why not Seikon no Qwaser? Guess it's time to deal with Nanami but wait there is another new enemy.....Francesca aka Historica=>
Oh what the heck is up with this=>
it's rather more graphic and they censor all the stuff in the Church? On top of that president is horny and then blood hungry? Bah shoot her with a rifle before she goes ballistic! They should have at least included stuff like that. Nanami sure beyond hope to restore to human at this point...right? Yuzuru (whatever that little guys name is).......does not look like he is Nanami's sister but that kiss was O_O =>
So now vampires can be blown away as a bomb with a cell phone? What the heck is that? At least Akira looks nice in the ED! I am really starting to get annoyed with crappy purple/red screen crap. This episode I really wanted to see what was going on and could not because of the censors.....they can suck you know what for all I care....ah heck dvds will make up for it. Oh yes I also face-palmed at Yuki.....she gives the ring to Mina?=>
What is wrong with her all of a sudden? Yuki....I am disappointed in her except in the ED but must not betray Sawako....must not be tempted. Guess I will sleep with my rifle tonight. BTW Mina's bodyguards look really nice here=>
What the heck is on Meiren?=>
Overall...I liked this better than anything but also was shocked more than before but not as much as the Church incident.
francismeunierMar 4, 2010 1:33 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 4, 2010 2:35 AM
Jul 2018
Finally a finished ED, not bad but late.
And finally a decent episode, liked it but still not as good as Dance in the Vampire Maid part^^
Mar 4, 2010 4:46 AM

Oct 2009
HoaRy said:
Finally a finished ED, not bad but late.
Akira still is amazing in that ED......wow nice one they did with Akira but still Yuki was just such a give up girl.....too bad really the way I interpreted with the ring.....why not just got get one of gold?

Mar 4, 2010 5:57 AM

Aug 2009
Aah, why'd they change the OP lyrics. ;__; The old one's better. D:
Mar 4, 2010 6:21 AM

Oct 2009
Jumperboy333 said:
What? They changed something in the OP? I did not notice......so how do you like the new ED? Akira.....in old ED < compared to new ED.

Mar 4, 2010 6:41 AM

Aug 2009
francismeunier said:
Jumperboy333 said:
What? They changed something in the OP? I did not notice......so how do you like the new ED? Akira.....in old ED < compared to new ED.

Yeah, the lyrics were a lot different... The old ones were a lot better.

I guess the ED was a better than the other one. There's some animation. Finally.
I know it's hard for Shaft to actually make things move, but the old ED was pretty crappy. But this one's pretty good.
Mar 4, 2010 10:04 AM

Apr 2008
hmmmm so they're still following the manga somewhat. There is a very good reason for the vampires exploding from the phonecall but you'll see that later.

Also that kid nanami went after is a BOY.

hmmm something tells me Meiren will take the role a newly introduced character in the manga has.
Mar 4, 2010 2:00 PM

Nov 2008
Hmmm, I want the recap as well.
Mar 4, 2010 5:13 PM

Oct 2009
desolato said:
Hmmm, I want the recap as well.
But there is only new stuff around after the middle part and some is censored again.

Mar 5, 2010 12:45 AM

Sep 2007
Huh so they spent the extra week doing a new ED. At least it's better than whatever it was in the previous one. Unfortunately for them, the animation in the episode seemed even more sloppy. Hmmm still trying to figure out Meiran's role in this. She needs a good role if she wants to play a significant filler character. What a shame it would be if she was nothing more than cannon fodder.

francismeunier said:
Yuzuru (whatever that little guys name is).......does not look like he is Nanami's sister but that kiss was O_O =>

/me facepalms
Mar 5, 2010 1:21 AM

Feb 2010
I didn't watched the episode yet, but I saw the screens and I'm reconized most of them from the manga, this is good, maybe the series still not dead yet for me.^^

But I don't get it, this wasn't supposed to be a recap? I didn't even planned to watch it, and now I'll for sure. From what I understood, the first part was a recap and second was some kind of a "prologue" to the next arc? Is that right?
Mar 5, 2010 1:24 AM

Sep 2007
Faytz said:
I didn't watched the episode yet, but I saw the screens and I'm reconized most of them from the manga, this is good, maybe the series still not death yet for me.^^

But I don't get it, this wasn't supposed to be a recap? I didn't even planned to watch it, and now I'll for sure. From what I understood, the first part was a recap and second was some kind of a "prologue" to the next arc? Is that right?

The recap is being treated as episode 7.5 and has its own MAL page.
Mar 5, 2010 2:08 AM

Sep 2008
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:
Yuzuru (whatever that little guys name is).......does not look like he is Nanami's sister but that kiss was O_O =>

/me facepalms
Doesn't it make you lol when people try to watch something they don't understand and talk about it?

I'm all against the shotacon thing, but I thought the flashback of the two was quite nice. Seems like I can't make up my mind. Other than that, some of the wolfboys actually looked...good...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2010 2:13 AM

Sep 2007
HawthorneKitty said:
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:

/me facepalms
Doesn't it make you lol when people try to watch something they don't understand and talk about it?

I'm all against the shotacon thing, but I thought the flashback of the two was quite nice. Seems like I can't make up my mind. Other than that, some of the wolfboys actually looked...good...

It does make me lol quite a bit.

And those wolfboys were so lolz. Half of them stood there looking absolutely fabulous. I hope they'll show off their werewolf side some time soon.
Mar 5, 2010 2:26 AM

Sep 2009
Those "wolfboys" looked like they could be some group from another anime. I enjoyed this episode much more than the last episode...at least in terms of continuity.
Mar 5, 2010 2:33 AM

Feb 2010
I just quickly watched this episode and it was AWESOME!!
To my surprise, the episode was almost ripped out of the manga, they didn't censored the battle scenes with still screens and even kept the dialogues and scenes most closer to the manga than never. Now I'm happy again, at least for a while.

Also, I loved the new ending, it was totally manga related, even Mina's hair and her true form was identical. SHAFT trolling around, maybe? o/

Wasabi said:

The recap is being treated as episode 7.5 and has its own MAL page.

Oh, now I see, I messed up everything here, thanks for the info ^^
Mar 5, 2010 3:03 AM
Jul 2018
So now vampires can be blown away as a bomb with a cell phone

Like Darklight said it's not the vampire themselves who blown away, but you'll know this later.
Big actions is coming soon, can't wait ^^
The ending was far better than the first one because they eventually put animation.
I didn't pay attention to the opening though.

Also that kid nanami went after is a BOY.

Yeah a pretty effeminate boy XD

On top of that president is horny and then blood hungry

I think it's because like in the previous episode, the boy with the silver sword (sorry forgot his name) said that drinking blood for a vampire is much more better than having sex.

Edit : I think i have recognized Rie Kugimiya as Hysterica's voice but i don't think her voice fit the character well because she is so much "evil" whereas Rie Kugimiya is the tsundere queen <3
removed-userMar 5, 2010 3:09 AM
Mar 5, 2010 3:36 AM
Jul 2018
D4rk1ch1g0 said:
Edit : I think i have recognized Rie Kugimiya as Hysterica's voice but i don't think her voice fit the character well because she is so much "evil" whereas Rie Kugimiya is the tsundere queen <3

Actually from the acting alone this was the best performance I heard of Kugyu for a while. Her character is horribly ugly though ><
Mar 5, 2010 3:43 AM

Aug 2009
Ah, that was a really good episode. The animation was still a bit... ermm... you know, but I really enjoyed this episode.

Meiren's fake ''ieaah'' was the best ieaah I've ever heard.
Mar 5, 2010 4:16 AM

Jun 2009
francismeunier said:
Oh what the heck is up with this=>

New way of unnesecary censoring? -_-

francis said:
Yuzuru (whatever that little guys name is).......does not look like he is Nanami's sister

Manga spoiler ahead:
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 5, 2010 4:52 AM
Jul 2018
HoaRy said:
D4rk1ch1g0 said:

Actually from the acting alone this was the best performance I heard of Kugyu for a while. Her character is horribly ugly though ><

I agree about the character's ugliness, but i don't think it was Kugimiya's best acting. I prefer when she voices tsundere characters she is so good at that
Mar 5, 2010 5:58 AM

Oct 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:

/me facepalms

The shotacon thing? Well can't really help them if they feel each other like that on top of being not blood related........Why the facepalm....oh wait I wrote it wrong must have been tired....yeah I knew he was a boy but I was just surprised about that kiss....it made president looked mad horny suddenly.
HoaRy said:
D4rk1ch1g0 said:

What? The one who plays my Louise is her voice? Character does not look cute at all compared to Louise or any other roles Rie took.....

Mar 5, 2010 6:26 AM

May 2009
That was one wet kiss :]
Plus they changed the op song, and i like it :D
x3mslayerMar 5, 2010 6:30 AM
Mar 5, 2010 6:47 AM
Jul 2018
francismeunier said:
HoaRy said:
D4rk1ch1g0 said:

What? The one who plays my Louise is her voice? Character does not look cute at all compared to Louise or any other roles Rie took.....

Yes since i am a big fan of her i recognized her voice, though it's not so difficult xD
It's a shame that she has chosen a role like that, it ruined the tsundere type T_T
Mar 5, 2010 11:00 AM

Nov 2008
Great episode, kinda sad that there are only 4 left.
As for the censoring, I would rather have them do that glare/black out censoring like in Princess Lover than this complete screen block flash scenes they are doing here.
Mar 5, 2010 11:06 AM

Jun 2009
Papa_G said:

I'm sad that there's still 4 more episodes, i want to get over with this, ASAP.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 5, 2010 11:38 AM

May 2009
So SHAFT needed 8 weeks to do an actual ED for this show? They could have well kept it for the BD. Oh well, it looked awesome, though.

And I knew something was odd about the OP, the lyrics didn't match with what I am used to hearing.

I love how Nozumu Tamaki keeps appearing in his own creation.

Story is getting to the good part now, show is still getting better IMO.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2010 12:11 PM

Jan 2010
I enjoyed this episode and I feel they are getting on track with it. Ever since episode 6 or so it's been really getting good. Episode 7 was amazing and so was 8, I think Shaft needed some time to work out the kinks in their adaptation and now they're finally on track...quite a few episodes late.
Ok™
Mar 5, 2010 12:34 PM
Dec 2008
It's a shame that almost everyone dropped this, because since episode 6 it has been getting pretty awesome, and this episode was really really good. I wish we could get a second season.

I'm in love with the new ending animation, in fact, I think it would have been better as the opening than the ending, but oh well.

Oh Rie Kugimiya, you're far better when you're not a shitty tsundere.
Mar 5, 2010 12:35 PM

Sep 2007
Usami-Haru said:

Epic truth.
Mar 5, 2010 12:54 PM

Apr 2008
Usami-Haru said:
It's a shame that almost everyone dropped this, because since episode 6 it has been getting pretty awesome,

of course since that's when they started to REALLY follow the manga as much as possible while connecting the elements they introduced as extras
Mar 5, 2010 1:04 PM
Jul 2018
Wasabi said:
Usami-Haru said:

Epic truth.

Wow, i completely disagree with both of you. Kugimiya voice acting is so much better in tsundere's roles. I didn't find Hysterica's voice acting amazing at all. On the contrary it was rather bad and like i said previously it doesn't fit the character
Mar 5, 2010 1:20 PM

Sep 2009
Huh, this episode was surprisingly solid. Still nothing impressive, other than SHAFT managing to not fuck it up.
Mar 5, 2010 2:17 PM

Jul 2009
Jumperboy333 said:

Mar 5, 2010 2:25 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007

Very nice episode, well packed.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 5, 2010 2:32 PM

Jul 2009
OrochiPL said:
Papa_G said:

Agree 100% with above statement ^^ (^.-)

If you overlook that it felt like watching the entire episode on speed (damn there was allot of scene jumping) it was an surprisingly good episode, or rather a bit better than what we've seen so far and if you consider it's an SHAFT product... but still decent.

As for the finally finished ED, I won't even get started xD
Mar 5, 2010 2:42 PM
Mar 2009
This episode was actually okay. A lot better than last episode at least. If only SHAFT could be a little more consistent with these kind of episodes, we might have had a good product.
Mar 5, 2010 3:52 PM

Oct 2009
Unimpressive show + needless censorship + late ED animation + a bit of QUALITY here and there = still unimpressive. I don't even know why I picked this up. Can't imagine why someone would watch this AGAIN on DVD. Ah well, only 4 more eps.
Mar 5, 2010 4:12 PM

May 2008
OrochiPL said:
Papa_G said:

Yeah really.

Although I will admit, as much shitiness as this series is giving us, this episode was probably the best out of all of them. I could actually tolerate watching it without checking the timer every 5 seconds.

Mar 5, 2010 4:47 PM
Dec 2007
Direction's still slick and Kugimin was great as Hysterica. Appart from that, I have a big problem with the characters and the script of this series.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 5, 2010 4:49 PM

Aug 2009
Jumperboy333 said:

I agree.

See that people! Kugimiya can do more than loli tsundere's (even though I'm okay with those)

Wow, what a deep kiss. You don't usually get that deep in anime.

Sometimes the animation got really good but completely different from what the regular animation looked like. In fact, it looked like they were using the new ED animation for some of it (I love the the new ED by the way since it actually looks like, you know, effort was put into it)
Mar 5, 2010 6:04 PM

Aug 2008
Good episode that wasn't great due to lack of quality animation. This was the first shot of Akira that wasn't a flashback.

I was actually astounded I was watching the right show.
Mar 5, 2010 6:49 PM

Jul 2009
noteDhero said:
Good episode that wasn't great due to lack of quality animation. This was the first shot of Akira that wasn't a flashback.

... yeah! you right. He is so cute! XD
Mar 5, 2010 8:35 PM

Apr 2008
It was a good episode but it just felt a little bit to rushed for me. I dunno but it botherd me, and like always, so did the animation.
Anyways, I like the new ED.

Breath||
Mar 5, 2010 8:41 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
again, SHAFT budget cut was even more apparent. They should go back to still slides seriously lol....

Other than that, a bit rushed, but an improvement over the last few episodes.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 6, 2010 12:51 AM

Oct 2009
noteDhero said:

Oh..great I did not even notice I was watching flashbacks.....>_< Thank you noteDhero....I am not sure I was watching the right show just because it suddenly got better with action but those bodyguards were great after all I would have to say. At least there is plot movement.

Mar 6, 2010 5:23 AM

Sep 2007
And Funanimation will censured this anime ...
Hahaha ... Someone will see the "legal" version of this show or not ? ^^
Mar 6, 2010 6:00 AM

Oct 2009
ShiroiRyu said:
And Funanimation will censured this anime ...
Hahaha ... Someone will see the "legal" version of this show or not ? ^^
If it's something to do with legal copy for USA...I heard they have ratings there so they can put this for 16 or 18 and un-censor a lot anyways.
cyruz said:
As much as I like this scene..I think Yuki is best here=>
because of her surprising expression although the blush in Cyruz's shot is a good one of her. Also what does C.P. mean?
francismeunierMar 6, 2010 9:33 AM

Mar 6, 2010 11:42 AM

Jun 2008
Rie voicing Hysterica made me go O_O, took me a while to notice it was her
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

porkypink - Jan 13, 2010

233 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:35 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Jan 6, 2010

310 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:33 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kerobear - Feb 17, 2010

180 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 8:12 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Proselyt - Feb 11, 2010

221 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Mar 31, 2010

169 by Tenshi_Budo »»
Jul 15, 2023 5:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.