Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kobato.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 3, 2010 6:41 AM

Mar 2008
Fujimoto is being much nicer to Kobato...

and the one waiting for Kobato to come back to him looks like Fujimoto o: hohoho

I want her to stay there though. No leaving >:c lol
Mar 3, 2010 9:00 AM
Nov 2008
I do love me some crossover, I'm just...kinda confused. They've clearly shown that this Kobato takes place in the same world as xxxHolic, right? Just thought for sure that Yuuko would be involved. It's been a while since I stopped following Tsubasa and Holic though, so maybe that wouldnt make sense in the given timeline...

This episode also reminded me of what I dislike about the current direction of the show. Kobato does not strike me as someone who is capable of romantic love. Does she love Fujimoto? Absolutely! Just as much as she loves Sayaka, Chitose, Doumoto, and every other character in the show. Now that they're trying to push her romantically towards Fujimoto, it just feels really weird. I'd much rather see them use the limited air time remaining to give us a solid conclusion about the mysteries surrounding Kobato, not pushing some forced relationship that I can't get behind.
Mar 3, 2010 9:12 AM

Nov 2008
Thalandor46 said:
I do love me some crossover, I'm just...kinda confused. They've clearly shown that this Kobato takes place in the same world as xxxHolic, right? Just thought for sure that Yuuko would be involved. It's been a while since I stopped following Tsubasa and Holic though, so maybe that wouldnt make sense in the given timeline...

This episode also reminded me of what I dislike about the current direction of the show. Kobato does not strike me as someone who is capable of romantic love. Does she love Fujimoto? Absolutely! Just as much as she loves Sayaka, Chitose, Doumoto, and every other character in the show. Now that they're trying to push her romantically towards Fujimoto, it just feels really weird. I'd much rather see them use the limited air time remaining to give us a solid conclusion about the mysteries surrounding Kobato, not pushing some forced relationship that I can't get behind.

Kobato didn't realize yet that she fall in love for Fujimoto. But that piano sceene must be Kobato memories, perhaps Kobato was an animal I think that Fujimoto have in the pastXD But FaiiX333 why didn't we here what he said to Iroyogi?
Mar 3, 2010 9:37 AM

Feb 2009
metal-rainbow said:
Fai's eyes blue.
This means that Tokyo did not go either, and still did not vampire Fai.
would love to see sakura and Syoran so cute

No, this means it's after the end of the manga, just as ShoutaAzuma said.
Notice that Fai has much longer hair and even Syaoran looks older. They must have been travelling for some time already... I want to know what has been happening T___________T
Mar 3, 2010 10:09 AM

Jul 2008
Fujimoto needs to cut off that damn ponytail. It looks so gay.
Mar 3, 2010 11:07 AM

Dec 2007
NEWS FLASH:
Kuro and yoryogi's voices are the same!
Mar 3, 2010 11:27 AM

Apr 2009
Woo, a new ED. I really like this one compared to the first ED.

I didn't care much about the crossover, but that's the Clamp universe fer ya.
Fujimoto is being really nice and more affectionate for a change. I'll take it.
But it's weird to see Kobato with romantic feelings. I wonder if it'll work w/o being too awkward.
Mar 3, 2010 11:36 AM

Nov 2007
crazy CLAMP logic time guys!

Kobato is waiting for someone who looks like Fujimoto, what if she was waiting for a family member like a father or mother? Oh no wait! That means Kobato and Fujimoto are brother/sister! well they already have almost the same hair color so why not! also this is clamp so its not like that is ever gonna stop them from shipping anything lol

anyways that aside...Fai is awesome as always, and Syaoran always makes things awesome anyways...good episode
Mar 3, 2010 11:38 AM

May 2008
Looks like Fujimoto is REALLY starting to warm up to Kobato now. (It's about time)

Seeing Syaoran with Kobato reminded me of him and Sakura....>w> &So that's why Ioryogi and Kurogane sound alike. Should have realized that sooner.

The Tsubasaness in this episode was awesome. The new ending was also really cute.

Oct 2007
nice cross over episode XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 2007
soooooooooooo, was anyone else expecting Fai to randomly scream "PASTA!" or raise a white flag at some point?
the masochist says "hurt me! hurt me!" the sadist replies "no"
Mar 3, 2010 11:47 AM

Nov 2008
This episode was awesome .. love u FAI <3

I think that the person Kobato is waiting is Fujimoto from another world!
Mar 3, 2010 12:02 PM

Feb 2009
LOVED THIS EPISODE! Fai was lookin' HOT as always. :) Man, they need to make another Tsubasa manga now! :( I'm really looking forward to the last few episodes! Kobato is finally starting to realize she has feelings for Fujimoto! :3
Mar 3, 2010 12:41 PM

Jul 2009
DID FUJIMOTO LET OUT A SMILE TOWARDS KOBATO!?!?!?!? HOLY SH*T HELL IS GOING TO FREEZE OVER!!! lol Awesum episode

Glad to see Fai and Kuro it's great seeing them together. Wow how Ioryogi and Kuro are the same in so much lol that gave me a good laugh.

Now I'm more curious to what Kobato is damn Fai and his knowing everything and whispering...
Mar 3, 2010 1:17 PM

Jan 2010
Lmao, I loved the crossover and the friends gestures between Fujimoto and Kobato XD
Mar 3, 2010 1:23 PM

Aug 2008
Haven't seen Tsubasa, so I didn't really feel anything. I did, however, thought it was weird that this show likes to have so many crossovers. Still, it was very weird when Fujimoto smiled at Kobato instead of getting angry towards the end.

Also, the new ending kicks ass.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Mar 3, 2010 1:54 PM

Nov 2009
I liked it very much. Fai's hair had grown longer and his jump from the swing was cool!! It was wonderful to see everyone. And I love those outwits.

I was also little dissapointed. There wasn't much usually KuroFai thing. I wanted Fai to tease Kurogane like Kuro-pon and then Kurogane would have chased him o^_^o It was quit laim on their part.

Well Kobato. is for Kobato ^_^

About what Fai said to Ioryogi: I started to think that Kobato is like CLAMP's soul or spirit and CLAMP's earlier character watches after her. How she changes after year but still she is the same old CLAMP. This is just my guess X)
Mar 3, 2010 3:57 PM

Dec 2008
Did you noticed that Fay saw the hat in kobato´s head and after that he said:

Mokona you can talk with her

D:So she was a pet...??

BTW watching fye and the others
I´m expecting new ovas for tsubasa TT_TT maybe this is just a very very very little chance to get the last chapters animated :D
Mar 3, 2010 5:52 PM

Jan 2008
loved this episode~! XD it also makes me proud of all my clamp knowledge XD it makes me sad that the series is almost over but i'll totally look forward to reading the manga next x3 also, i loled at the fact that kurogane and iyorogi have the same voice actor xDDDD

edit: uwa~! seeing fujimoto smile??? *heart melts*
Mar 3, 2010 5:54 PM

Mar 2008
bubbleboy352 said:
soooooooooooo, was anyone else expecting Fai to randomly scream "PASTA!" or raise a white flag at some point?
Mar 3, 2010 7:41 PM

Sep 2008
I loved this ep!! ^.^ First filler that I don't mind :)

Was that a neko ear in the shadow of Kobato's hat? When Fai was checking to see if it was safe with Mocona?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2010 7:47 PM

Aug 2009
I knew Tsubasa ended like that just for crossovers like this :P
Mar 3, 2010 9:42 PM

Aug 2009
A whole lotta why, this episode. WHY. WHY. WHY.

bubbleboy352 said:

+100000000

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Mar 3, 2010 11:26 PM

Apr 2008
When will CLAMP leave Tsubasa alone? Shit was awkward. I never knew Fai sounded so... gay. I've only read the manga sooo... :X His voice was irritating.
four more episodes. I can do this...
Mar 4, 2010 2:31 AM

Jul 2007
Thalandor46 said:

kira-factor said:
Great episode, I love the Tsubasa Chronicle mix with Kobato :D Wish Sakura was with the, but it would have been odd with Sakura and Kobato in a way :P

Figures Fai would right away figure out who and what Kobato is, makes me even more curious now :D Mokona was so cute in this episode :)

Seems like Kobato is finally realizing her feelings for Fugimoto, and looks like Iyorogi is noticing but perhapes not liking it.
Either way the story seems to be moving nicely, only 4 eps left to go sadly, hope they're as good as this one ^^

Oh yes, I also liked the new ending :)

metal-rainbow said:
Fai's eyes blue.
This means that Tokyo did not go either, and still did not vampire Fai.
would love to see sakura and Syoran so cute

;)

ITs after the end of trc manga but before end of xxxholic manga.

Neither Sakura nor Yuuko would make sense there, considering on what happened in awesome manga ending of trc ;]

-----------------

As for episode - Have since long dropped this shitty anime. Watched this for crossover only.

Typical filler episode in an anime that should not have existed.

1/5
Mar 4, 2010 3:03 AM

Sep 2008
Fai said:

Neither Sakura nor Yuuko would make sense there, considering on what happened in awesome manga ending of trc ;]

-----------------

Didn't I mention that earlier?
Post #14
TO ALL TRC FANS!!

In case you guys didn't realize/notice, this TRC crossover was taken place after the epilogue (the last) chapter of TRC manga!! Proof? Here!!

Mar 4, 2010 3:31 AM

Jul 2007
ShoutaAzuma said:
Fai said:

-----------------

Didn't I mention that earlier?
Post #14
TO ALL TRC FANS!!

In case you guys didn't realize/notice, this TRC crossover was taken place after the epilogue (the last) chapter of TRC manga!! Proof? Here!!

Yes and no one cares, chill and gtfo.
Mar 4, 2010 4:50 AM

Sep 2008
Having TRC characters in Kobato is awesome!

I love the new ED too... features some nice artwork of Kobato.
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Mar 4, 2010 5:50 AM

Aug 2008
i really want to know what did Fai see on her head & who is Kobato Or maybe what is ?
click me plz
Mar 4, 2010 10:14 AM

Aug 2007
Of all 20 episodes this was my fav: Fye Shaoran, Kurrogane and Mokona!!!

1. this happens after the original end of tsubasa manga
2. Sakura is still waiting of Shaoran
3. This was a sorprise
Mar 4, 2010 10:48 AM

Mar 2008
SYAORANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3

Fai is awesome too!!! Ah all of them are pure love <3
Mar 4, 2010 2:25 PM

Mar 2009
maybe kobato is a fallen angel who had her memory wiped because she possibly fell in love with a human ?
or maybe she's just the sakura of that world ?

idk, just a theory :P
Mar 4, 2010 3:01 PM

Jul 2007
Ouran12 said:
maybe kobato is a fallen angel who had her memory wiped because she possibly fell in love with a human ?
or maybe she's just the sakura of that world ?

idk, just a theory :P

Sakura of that world is ccs sakura as ccs, kobato, x and xxxholic happen in the same world. ;)
Mar 4, 2010 5:35 PM

Apr 2009
Yes, finally! Realization! Maybe? Sort of. The Tsubasa Chronicles mix was nice too, as Syaoran is a cute kid. ^w^

Chucky said:
This ep was pretty swinging. xD

XD I love your pun right there.
Mar 4, 2010 11:32 PM

Nov 2007
Lol, Ioryogi and Mokona makes a great comedy duo.

As I said, this anime is going up hill. I want to see the ending, I heard that even CLAMP was touched.

Mar 5, 2010 12:11 AM
Jul 2009
ReiLuvsChii said:
When will CLAMP leave Tsubasa alone? Shit was awkward. I never knew Fai sounded so... gay. I've only read the manga sooo... :X His voice was irritating.
four more episodes. I can do this...

You haven't seen the Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations OVA's, have you? <_<

Oh, and by the way, Namikawa-san also voices Ginsei.
Mar 5, 2010 2:23 AM

Aug 2009
ReiLuvsChii said:
I never knew Fai sounded so... gay. His voice was irritating.

QFT
God, that voice creeped me out...
Mar 5, 2010 4:50 PM

Aug 2008
Wish I knew why there was some Italy in my Kobato...

Anyways, this is probably the best episode the show has to offer, and that's not saying much. For once, I didn't feel like the jokes were terribly bad, and Li and the other two (apparently from TRC) livened up the show in a way it hadn't been before.

Also....why a new ending now?
Mar 6, 2010 7:15 AM

Jun 2009
Guys, stop complaining about cross-overs 'cause it's absolutely normal for CLAMP and many of us love that part of their art ^^

Gosh, I can't wait to know what is Kobato exactly! Loved this episode - Fai-sama, Kurogane-sama, Shaoran-sama and Mokona-chan were so awesome!
It's quite irritating though that it's completely different from manga (I mean how the story is going...) but surprisingly it's equally good so I can't complain much about it.
Waitin' for more cross-over and revelation of Kobato's mystery ^^
noteDhero said:
Also....why a new ending now?
Yeah... why now? Well, lyrics are absolutely connected very much with the anime, so maybe it contains some answers?

And whoa... There really IS something about her hats :O
Neko-himeMar 6, 2010 7:26 AM
Mar 6, 2010 3:10 PM

Nov 2009
I knew i was in for crappy ride since i have the TRC manga on my to read list. Thankfully i have seen all the OVA's. I remembered they were in the previous when they finally showed up XD. Plus i had to skip the forums or else be further spoiled. >.>
Except for the crossover nothing else really happened. We get Kobato imagining Fugimoto or someone like him playing the same OST we've been hearing for 20 episodes. (Still like it but like i posted last episode would be nice for a new one.)
Really anxious to see what Kobato is, mostly because it is the only thing keeping me interested.
Mar 6, 2010 3:24 PM

Nov 2008
I really should watch Tsubasa Chronicles. (The first season is on-hold right now, ahaha~) I loled @ Ioryogi and Kurogane having the same voice actor. XD;

Fujimoto smiled a lot in this episode. o__O It was sooo.... awkward? He was sad in the last episode, and then this episode he's all cheerful. I'm not saying that I don't like it, in fact I love it, but that was a quick change of events. :]

I'm kinda confused with the person that looked like Fujimoto in Kobato's flashback. x____X

And the ED is awesome like the last one. :)

Nonetheless, another awesome episode. Seems that the next episode will go into the plot more.

Edit: And I don't get why Fai looked at Kobato's hat. XD;
Silver_ribbonsMar 6, 2010 3:32 PM
Mar 6, 2010 3:29 PM

Oct 2009
kya... Tsubasa chronicle = syaoran,fai,kurogane,mokona arrived in Kobato world... i suprised at firsr saw this episode.. and...

Kobato face similiar to sakura-hime.. when fai looks at her . fai maybe recognize that...

hm... hope tsubasa chronicles will be make to third season and TRC manga already end though... kya.. Clamp the bezt... Clamp anime is related... like..
Tsubasa chronicles - XXX holic - and now Kobato... Loved it..!!!

Mar 6, 2010 4:39 PM

Jul 2007
Silver_ribbons said:
I really should watch Tsubasa Chronicles. (The first season is on-hold right now, ahaha~) I loled @ Ioryogi and Kurogane having the same voice actor. XD;

NO you should not.

You should read the manga.

TC anime had nothing to do with these characters as this cross over happeneed after the end of trc manga and well, Tc anime follows the manga VEEEEERY LOOOSELY and ends before the second half of manga. ;)
Mar 6, 2010 7:53 PM

May 2007
This episode made me realize how much I miss Tsubasa characters. ;____________;
Fai... Kurorin... Syaoran... ;_____; I love youuu~ I miss youuu so much. ;;

Mar 6, 2010 10:32 PM

Dec 2007
lol, Tsubasa Chronicle. It was enjoyable episode. There are four epiosdes left, so either it will end with a nice ending or left the story open to lead for a second season.
gameoffreak8Mar 6, 2010 10:59 PM
Mar 7, 2010 2:01 AM

Apr 2009
Dropped this at episode 5, and came back only to watch this episode for TRC. I guess it only provides additional closure to the end of the TRC manga, though I almost fear a slice of life sequel to it... Syaoran is shorter than Kobato...
Mar 7, 2010 3:05 PM

Oct 2007
I am rather interesting in what Kobato is going to decide between her feeling or her goal.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 7, 2010 5:05 PM

Apr 2009
LAKDFLAKDFLAKDLFKADFKLAIEFLAF;AFI'OAEJFI'JDF'
THOSE 4.
Mar 7, 2010 11:09 PM

Mar 2009
Crap. That creepy bunny is back. Every time he appears, something bad happens. O_O!

Seriously, villain of the show. By the time Kobato is over, he might be more evil than Johan from Monster and Griffith from Berserk, combined.
Mar 8, 2010 3:32 PM

Dec 2008
My take on Fai noting Kobato's hat is because he knows what she is. It's been stated that Kobato cannot be without some piece of headgear, so I took this to mean this is a part of what she is; so, when Fai noticed the headpiece (plus his magical intuition to know everything, lol), he put two and two together and figured that Kobato wasn't human and so would not be freaked out to see Mokona talk. This was further verified when Ioryogi came along.

Overall, though, I enjoyed the episode, even though the plot didn't progress all that much. Still, I'm getting a sense of urgency and inner conflict that has been gradually building. I get the feeling that Kobato will have to choose between the relationships she's developed in this world and her wish to go to "that place", and her conversation with Syaoran really stressed that. And then the Evil Bunny of Doom further stressed the urgency of Kobato's situation, and Ioryogi will really put on the pressure. If I remember right, his punishment will be over if he can help Kobato fulfill her wish; but if not, he'll remain in his current form. So, really, I'm happy with the direction this anime has taken. It's just a shame it only started to go uphill near the end rather than right off the bat =/

My only gripe with this episode was the FujiBato moments. Could they be any more demeaning towards Kobato? If some person put their hand on my head, as if they were my parent or grandparent, I'd be offended. Or is this something they do in Japan? o_O;
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2010

236 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 29, 5:18 PM

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kappaka - Oct 6, 2009

237 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 6, 10:32 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Kobato Episode 23

KingSunWukong - Dec 12, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:18 PM

» Hanato Kobato is an example of "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Kiryotsu - Oct 22, 2023

0 by Kiryotsu »»
Oct 22, 2023 1:00 PM

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2010

100 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Jul 15, 2023 2:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.