Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 29, 2012 6:07 PM
May 2012
Ryu and Chizu are so cute :3 the ending was adorable
Aug 2, 2012 2:57 PM

Jul 2010
So beautiful~! And I have a better image of Tohru now as well. He's such a nice person to care about Chizuru that much. Oh, and Ryuu is perrrrfect. Acknowledge him already, Chizu-chan!! :D
Oct 22, 2012 12:00 PM

Jan 2011
That ending!
Now Ryuu just needs to confess and Chizu needs to realize it.
I can't wait for more!
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 3, 2013 2:19 PM

Oct 2011
Absolutely amazing T________T that last scene was so powerful, especially when the snow started falling. Chizu's crying sounded so genuine. I was really expecting Ryu to confess this episode, I hope he does eventually. One of my favourite episodes.
Jul 24, 2013 9:28 AM

Oct 2012
Another great episode.
Jul 28, 2013 12:06 PM

Jun 2010
ahh the end scene
Aug 4, 2013 7:23 PM

Apr 2013
Reminiscing childhood memories are so refreshing. No wonder Chizuru fell in love with Tohru.

Alright Chizuru X Ryu underway... xD

No sight of Kazehaya in this episode in I'm not mistaken... That was really surprising... xD

Sep 10, 2013 9:11 PM

Jul 2010
I sooooooo love to ship Chizu x Ryu !!
I am glad she accepted it.
I love that Ryu is so honest !!!
Nov 16, 2013 5:09 AM

Oct 2012
Chii~
I thought he called her Chi because he is a fan of Chobits xD
White Christmas!!

Lol @ Poll

10 out of 10 for Ryuu x Chizuru!

Hiryu12 said:
Reminiscing childhood memories are so refreshing. No wonder Chizuru fell in love with Tohru.

Alright Chizuru X Ryu underway... xD

No sight of Kazehaya in this episode in I'm not mistaken... That was really surprising... xD

Yeah, now I'm starting to wonder, where's my happy childhood? :(
Look at the poll, it's already Chi x Ryuu
Huh? There's Kazehaya in this ep... In ED & preview xD
"Signature removed"
Feb 14, 2014 10:30 PM

Apr 2012
That was a really good episode. The flashbacks and the resolution between Tohru and Chizu was executed well. Tohru handled Chizu's confession really well but no doubt Chizu is still sad. The last scene gave me a tear in my eye :c.

Mar 11, 2014 9:44 AM

Jan 2012
i'm confused
you people talk here about ryu x chizuru n ep 21 but all i saw in this ep was a christmas episode
Mar 23, 2014 10:46 PM
Mar 2014
Ryu x Chizu is my official OTP in this so far because of this episode. :D
And when Chi and Sawako were crying, I had so many feeelllzz.
Apr 11, 2014 12:46 AM

Jan 2008
Such a cute episode and it really makes me feel bad for Ryu but at the same time respect him so much....

I cant wait for the next episode though it looks like a really good one so far this is the only series that I have been able to give all 5's to every episode well this one was a 10 out of 10 though but still really good
Apr 15, 2014 9:37 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Little Chizuru couldn't decide between the two breads so Tohru buys both instead and gives two halfs to Chizuru, so kind of Tohru.

Another good episode that mainly focused on Tohru and Chizuru. Chizuru finally made up with Ryuu as well.

Preview next episode: Sawako and Christmas. #Yes#YES

May 17, 2014 9:00 PM

Aug 2013
Haha, didn't saw that last choice in the poll xD

It was a very sweet episode. Toru is such an amazing aniki. And Ryu is such a nice bro.

So end Chizuru arc. It was a really touching arc, an impossible love, almost forbidden in some ways.

Now we move to Chrismas. Wonder what will happen, it's mostly a love holiday in Japan.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 23, 2014 4:54 AM

Jan 2014
10 out of 10 for Ryuu x Chizuru!
Like this a tad more than the main storyline, indeed :3
Aug 17, 2014 11:33 PM

Nov 2012
Best...Relationship closure... ever.. Wow
Sep 23, 2014 6:43 PM

Jul 2013
Cenedess said:
I found my OTP D:

Pretty much my feelings about this ep. I really hope they get together!

I wonder how they're gonna switch the main focus back to Sawako/Kazehaya in a few episodes while making it feel natural.
Dec 5, 2014 11:49 PM

Apr 2014
so so so many emotions
Jan 16, 2015 3:05 AM

Jan 2013
I seriously don't like when the older guy they love has already someone and then they say to another guy "you're better for her than me", implying that they probably also had feelings for that person...
Anyway, good ending.
Apr 3, 2015 8:22 PM

Jun 2013
Ryu x Chizuru. <3

I was surprised when she confessed her feelings for Tohru, and he replied back by saying he loves her too (as a neighbor/little sister). I love those flashbacks during their childhood.

Tohru said Ryuu is more suitable for her than him. So Ryuu is the one who called his brother to visit and to give him her bread.

And that last scene. Ryu comforted her by hugging her. I couldn't stop smiling. <3
Aug 14, 2015 4:45 PM

Sep 2014
This series is so fucking cute lol But awesome overall. Ryu best bro
Jan 22, 2016 6:16 PM

Nov 2011
You know, I think I might like Ryu more than Kazehaya. He's a really good guy.

Tohru is a pretty great brother too, driving three hours to get there on a work night just because Ryu asked him to. Bonds like that are precious.

I loved the ending.
Feb 28, 2016 6:29 AM

Mar 2014
Frozen heart , Thawed with warm strolls ~ .
Energetic and Lightly ~ . Buns of the year ~ .
Yearning moments of the stars and stuff ~ .
Chi ~ <3 !! with a smile ~ . Dearly love ~ .
Honest accords ~ .
Docks of the snow flakes ~ .
VERY GREAT EPISODE . Enough said ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2018 9:01 PM

Oct 2017
Chizu is in a better mood now. It must’ve really helped to get all of her feelings off of her chest. She even took Sawako and Ayane to sing karaoke after school. And she has no hard feelings towards Ryu anymore so thats great too.

That night, when the three of them were walking home, they happened upon Toru! And he wants to talk to Chizu. As the two of them walk together, Sawako hopes that Chizu can tell him everything that’s on her heart.

Wow Toru is 24. I knew he was a good bit older than Chizu but that’s kinda a bit much if you ask me. She can’t be any older than 16..
he stills seems to treat her like a little kid too and wasn’t much impressed by her miniskirt as she has always shown off her legs lol.

Toru buys them some bread, giving her half a pork bun and half a red bean bun, like he once did when she was little. She really didn’t seem too fond of it.

Toru begins to reminisce about his past with Chizu, when she was little. How he found her beetle hunting at night by a light pole. Or how they took walks home and looked at the constellations. He brings up lots of memories.

Chizu brings up Toru’s fiancé, wondering why he finally decided to settle down. He said he felt that he wanted to be with this girl forever. Chizu thought the same way about him since she was little. Toru revealed the reason he always calls her “Chii” was to make her smile.

After that, Chizu finally decided it was time to tell Toru the truth and she told him she liked him. He told her he liked her too, or course, In a non-romantic way. And yet, it still made her happy. It made her happy because she knew he’d always care about her, even as an older brother.

Ryu meets Toru when he gets home. Toru tells him he’d be a much better match for Chizu and Ryu agrees. He pretty much openly stated that he likes Chizu. He then goes looking for her. He finds her sitting alone, looking out at the ocean. They start talking about Toru and all of her emotions start leaking out again. She asks Ryu to console her and he wraps her in a big hug while she weeps. What a sweet guy.
Feb 3, 2019 10:19 PM

Jul 2016
During most of the episode, I was thinking that, for someone of 24 years old, Tooru was way to dense if he never thought Chizu may be in love with him but that last exchange of words with Ryuu made me rethink about it. Maybe he always knew it and he was only playing dumb so that, Chizu wouldn't get more hurt than she already was since well, a proper rejection from him would be more harmful than helpful... or that's what I would like to think.

Anyways, it was a good episode. I liked this arc, not loved it but it was nice and I also liked the way how it ended. Chizu definitely needed that talk with Tooru and now that it's all over, she can look forward. It sure was a great development for her character.

P.S.: Ryuu is da man! Enough said.
Jan 12, 2020 5:39 AM
Apr 2016
A very sweet ending! Ryu will certainly take care of her.
Oct 8, 2020 8:08 PM

Jun 2020
ah, those childhood flashbacks were so heartwarming. i guess that's life, growing up. chizu was such a cute kid!

i thought i wouldn't cry as tooru's response was pretty predictable, but that was so sad seeing chizu get her closure. he is also really caring & kind to her, visiting her again & giving her that closure.

wow that last scene was beautiful. chizu's cries & the sound of the waves against that silence, asking ryuu to cheer her up. great art direction, brought tears to my eyes again :(

♡♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Oct 22, 2020 2:50 AM

Jun 2020
The way the episode ended was so sad, yet felt so complete. I honestly felt horrible for Chizu, she finally had to accept the idea that it was something that it was not meant to be, but Ryu was there to help her feel better about it.

The way they handled like the last 2 or so minutes of this episode were so well done, I am honestly thoroughly impressed how this series has been done insofar.
Have a great day!

May 2, 2021 3:15 PM

Aug 2017
It looks like a pretty good conclusion to this arc. Pretty emotional if u ask me.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 2, 2021 4:13 PM

Jan 2021
This episode was beautiful. Maybe it’s not the right word but still.
I’m bawling my eyes out
Oct 5, 2021 8:46 AM
May 2020
this couple are so underrate i love them so much
Mar 28, 2022 11:09 AM

May 2016
Shit this is getting better and better.
May 25, 2022 4:12 AM

Aug 2016
Some good closure for Chizuru, so she could say what she wanted and can now move on.

“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Jan 8, 2023 7:11 PM
May 2022
i love how in ep 21 its mainly abt chizu and tohru. this ep actually brought me to tears because i find it so sad how all chizu will ever be to tohru is a little sister.
Apr 9, 2023 10:11 AM

Feb 2019
Kinda average and very frustrating episode. Except for the ending - that was wholesome.

I didn't see much use of Tohru appearing again so Chizuru can have her confession.
Even though they have close bond as neighboring friends, Tohru in particular would move on with his life and never care to look back but at the same time he'll for sure treasure all their memories they've shared together.

Sep 17, 2023 12:28 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
"Chi" discover a bitter truth!!! kekeke
Sep 17, 2023 12:29 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Reply to aksdldew3
I don't want it to end! There will probably be a second season, right?
I think yes!!! kekeke
Nov 24, 2023 10:18 PM

Oct 2022
I really love how Tohru handled that. He showed Chi that she means the world to him, like family, and then let her down as gently but clearly as he could. Then Ryu being a real one, let her cry it out even though it was likely breaking his heart.
UndefeatedBahamut
Dec 13, 2023 11:59 PM
Jan 2023
just knew kazehaya would PULL THRUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Mar 1, 2:49 PM

Apr 2017
This is the best ending that could happen. Obviously, Toru is not going to seriously pursue a romantic relationship with Chizu, and he shouldn't! An age gap, she's still in high school and he's out of college, etc. It was always just platonic from his end. She was just a kid with a crush. Toru moved on with another woman, that's around the same age as him, and that was that.
Mar 6, 5:54 PM
Dec 2011
cried like a damn fool. i miss them sm
BurningSapphiresMar 6, 6:00 PM
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2010

190 by Vyse_Sohma »»
Apr 19, 8:26 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

francismeunier - Mar 30, 2010

369 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2010

161 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

maji_saikou - Nov 10, 2009

250 by nxtsue »»
Mar 5, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jakeki - Mar 9, 2010

169 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 1, 6:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.