Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 9, 2010 11:57 PM
Jun 2010
d4n13lr0x said:
I don't even get how you see Index's character in Misaka.... It just doesn't even make sense. Did Misaka ever starve because of Touma? Did Misaka ever bite him? Did she ever pout because Touma wasn't around? How can you say they are a mix when they don't resemble each other in any way?
I just realized that Index's behavior makes Kuroko seem... normal!
Jun 16, 2010 5:50 PM
Dec 2009
I'm also not really enjoying this one. I'm just watching it to see Touma. I also like Misaka too but not here in this one where everything is all hyped and fun. Looking forward to Index 2....
Nov 18, 2011 10:50 AM

Oct 2011
I enjoyed it, bit Index and Index II were both much better. The sole reason this series is rated higher on MAL than the two aforementioned series is that it's got a female main cast. That's all.
This love for Hirasawa Yui consumes me, washing over my dirty weeaboo body with a cleansing warmth that allows me to reach greater heights. It inspires me to be a better man; not the man they deserve, but the man she deserves. Yui, I love you. With everything I have. You are my one, my only. Mai waifu.
Nov 26, 2011 7:19 AM
Sep 2011
This show don't suck!! I like Index 1 & 2 as well but Railgun was more my taste and people can have different taste. Railgun have higher score then both Index seasons here on MAL so there is probably many that thinks like me as well.
Jan 9, 2012 2:39 PM

Feb 2010
So far Railgun is A LOT better, imho. I hate beyond ridiculously forced dramas like in Index, more slice of life and a relaxed atmosphere fits this show more.
I hope it'll continue like that and no super stpid evil guy shows that trys to slaughter everyone for some super mysterious(stupid) reason.
Jan 13, 2012 10:59 AM
Dec 2008
So I hated Index, watched it as it aired, except the last 2 episodes. Finished those last 2 episodes recently. Should I really consider, if "Railgun sucks", to continue this highly popular series /anyway/? This is what I've been wondering. As I am someone who thought that Index season 1 was hopelessly boring, what would you say to me?
Jan 22, 2012 11:06 AM

Jan 2011
winternight119 said:
So I hated Index, watched it as it aired, except the last 2 episodes. Finished those last 2 episodes recently. Should I really consider, if "Railgun sucks", to continue this highly popular series /anyway/? This is what I've been wondering. As I am someone who thought that Index season 1 was hopelessly boring, what would you say to me?

i hated index too. season 2 was out when i finished it but i haven't bothered to watch it.
i picked up railgun 2-3 days ago and finished it just now.
i found it much more enjoyable than index, much much more.
saying that, i didn't like index as a character, and touma wasn't that great either.
that seems to be the general opinion here;
if touma was your favourite, you probably wont like railgun.
it's true for my case. i'm typically suited to more slice of life with girls as main characters.
i'm kinda getting sidetracked here but the reason why there's mixed opinions of railgun is because it's being compared to index, and treated as a sequel (this post was made before index 2 aired). it depends on your taste, and why you hated index.
(why did you hate it? it'll probably help me give you a better answer)

but yes, railgun was much better. story development wasn't jumpy, (well, compared to index) and it definitely wasn't sudden. i found the fillers enjoyable, and i loved the characters.
Jan 22, 2012 4:29 PM

Oct 2008
Railgun was so much more enjoyable than Index (both of them) for me anyway, mainly because of the relative absence of Index's character (who knew).

Index (character) regularly left me wishing something horribly (and permanently) violent would happen to her.

Mikoto on the other hand while sometimes being frustrating, displays more personailty in the Index series than Index does.

Touma... I like him, he's endearing in his own way. I think they should have played up the love-triangle vibe a bit more, it couldn't hurt Indexs' character by her having competition for his attention.

The Railgun series also alters the dynamic between Mikoto and Touma, in the Index series she comes across as trying to murder him all the time. But after watching Railgun you know if she was really trying to murder him she'd be doing alot more than trying to flick coins at him.
Jan 22, 2012 6:07 PM

Nov 2011
Railgun was enjoyable to me however it didn't really get to the level of craziness as Index does. It feels more of a kind of a comedy with a bit less action but it still was a great watch in my opinion...

However I demand more Index seasons and I demand more Touma x Mikoto.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Feb 6, 2012 10:12 AM
Apr 2009
I watched this without even taking up both Index seasons (can't be bothered to watch another 42 episodes worth of anime since I'm also watching newer titles..)

but somehow I liked it. I just had to "Google my way" about the other characters, story elements.. etc..
Feb 23, 2012 8:50 PM

Nov 2011
What did you expect from Mikoto after watching Index? They barely showed her personality in Index and in Railgun, her personality is more clearly displayed. I think that it was a mistake to fill in episodes with content that did not happen in the manga, but I still enjoyed the anime and am still a huge fan of Mikoto.
If you want to know the actual story, I would suggest reading the Manga though, it is different in many ways to the anime.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Mar 17, 2012 12:55 AM

Sep 2011
All in all, I kind of like Railgun better just because
1) Misaka has more screentime
2) The events that occur in Railgun are slightly more sad and 'touching' than Index (sorry, Accelerator!)

Although both Index and Railgun are amazing Animes (both of them are two of my favourites) I'd have to say that I like Railgun just a tad better because I really like Misaka and Kuroko's characters, and they are a classic "Boke and Tsukkomi" pairing (look it up if you don't know what that means).
Jul 17, 2013 9:12 PM
Jun 2013
just watching railgun to pass time for Index s3. Railgun seems to be more popular but i prefer Index 1 and 2. So far for me railgun is pretty boring making this a skim fest until Touma shows up.
Jul 18, 2013 2:51 PM
Oct 2010
I'm at episode 10 or so, does this stop being a slice of life anime at anytime?
Jul 18, 2013 2:53 PM

Jan 2008
skudoops said:
I'm at episode 10 or so, does this stop being a slice of life anime at anytime?

Just stop watching it and skip to Railgun S. Railgun S is far more dark and serious than the cute and happy that is the first Railgun. Come back to this one later. :)
Jul 19, 2013 11:52 AM

Aug 2012
I thought like that at first but now i find railgun awesome . Go watch Boku wa tomodachi ga sukanai , someone very similar to index is there.(also the same voice actress)
Jan 14, 2014 6:52 PM

Jan 2014
Yodelman said:
I enjoyed it, bit Index and Index II were both much better. The sole reason this series is rated higher on MAL than the two aforementioned series is that it's got a female main cast. That's all.

i watched railgun first for the fanservice and for some reason i like it more O)_(O
i feel that the magic aspect is no where near as interesting as the science aspect of railgun (i LOVE SCIENCE :3 my favorite tv channel (as in the only one i watch)is the science channel :d ) but i like Touma he isn't as cool as Misaka Mikoto i like railguns i watch a video about a coilgun a while back and i really like the idea of it. looking up railguns on youtube and seeing the navys railgun is quite neat. i really didn't find Kuroko to be a bother because i felt it was quite funny seeing her get zapped :3
and they are in middle school :O which is kinda young, but i don't care. 5/5 mainly because of the railgun :3
anime with cute girls is my thing.
Jan 19, 2014 4:00 AM

Jul 2013
Railgun and Railgun S were far more enjoyable than Index and Index II.

I didn't like/hated the story and characters (except Touma) related to Index...

Actually, i watched Index after Railgun only for Misaka, Sisters, Accelerator and Last Order events...
Sep 8, 2014 8:28 AM

Jan 2012
gino_san said:
I thought like that at first but now i find railgun awesome . Go watch Boku wa tomodachi ga sukanai , someone very similar to index is there.(also the same voice actress)

maria ftmfw!

index is boring as fuck

the whole reason that I decided to pick this shitty series back up from dropping is b/c of index's voice actress (srs)

show sucks ass

railgun is also trash

fuck this shit
Dec 7, 2014 9:37 AM
Apr 2014
VeryNicePerson said:
Railgun and Railgun S were far more enjoyable than Index and Index II.

I didn't like/hated the story and characters (except Touma) related to Index...

Actually, i watched Index after Railgun only for Misaka, Sisters, Accelerator and Last Order events...

yyyyyep :)
Dec 7, 2014 9:40 AM

Feb 2013
SunyiNyufi said:
Biribiri in Index for me: A girl, who is tsundere for Touma, and the main reason for that is the fact that she can't kill him with her ability. She is the martyr type, who would easily die for the sake of other people. Not that there's anything wrong with it (though I think it's one of the most egoistic personality trait ever).

Biribiri in Railgun: We find out that she is actually like every other girl most of the time. She has a handful of friends, who she cares for, and saves when necessary. She likes Gekota more than anything, which makes her childish and cute. She is still the martyr type, though not that much, cos she rarely gets to worry on her own, since she got her friends to support her.

Don't really see how one is ruining the other...

You said it.

Misaka in Railgun >>>>>> Misaka index.

Mar 7, 2015 12:10 PM

Jul 2012
Asako said:
I completely disagree with most everything people are saying. I'm enjoying Railgun a great deal; a lot more than Index. It's difficult to quantify exactly why, but I think a lot of it has to do with the very poor story structure Index had, jumping from arc to arc with no natural leadin, and leaving most of them with very poor resolutions.

Railgun, however, is just... fun. It's not taking itself too seriously and is a great success as an episodic series. Even the handful of mini arcs so far have been thoroughly entertaining, well paced and concluded.

It's a great deal more enjoyable than Index was. Index flopped in my views. Tried to overreach and fell short, or something. Railgun isn't trying that hard, so isn't going to disappoint in the same manner.
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Mar 15, 2015 11:28 AM
Jul 2014
I haven't watched railgun yet, but i have watched Index season 1 and 2

what i like best about Index is Mikoto's tsundere reaction with Touma, i find those moments pretty enjoyable, especially with the penalty game episodes where there's quite a lot of them.

will there be a lot of those events in railgun?
Mar 24, 2015 10:01 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I wouldn't say Railgun sucks, but it's pretty mediocre. Misaka practically has no flaws and is fawned over by everyone. It's extremely annoying and takes away a lot of the enjoyment.

And anyone who says this is better than Index is insane.
Apr 1, 2015 3:11 AM

Jan 2014
k
Oct 13, 2015 3:22 PM

Nov 2013
Railgun is better. Misaka was the only character in Index, that interested me. I have nothing against Touma, but he is to boring, to be a MC. Being a side character like in Railgun suits him better.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 15, 2015 6:46 AM

Oct 2014
Misaka hasn't really changed in railgun that much asides from becoming a mini-touma.
Aug 18, 2017 1:39 AM
Jun 2014
I liked it a great deal, at first I was hesitant because i didn't really like Index but now that I watched it I have no regrets. cause of railgun I tried Index again but I still can't get into it.
lKinolSep 24, 2018 8:12 AM
Jul 2, 2019 6:11 AM
Jan 2018
Both seasons of rail gun is pretty much filler

And i don't see how it changes her . You hardly see her in index to make that assumption we only see the side of her that she shows toma .
Mattinator95Jul 2, 2019 6:40 AM
Jul 2, 2019 7:17 AM
Jan 2018
Koby said:
Maybe my problems is that Misaka wasn't properly shown in Index, which actually better that way. I mean in Index, Misaka seemed like a hard-headed do it herself, bad ass who thought she could take on anyone and when someone came along she couldn't beat (Touma) it really pissed her off.

Then in Railgun we get this every day Misaka that's just lame, and doesn't seem anything like she was made out to be in Index. She has friends, she isn't as cold to people, and she seems to be like any other girl her age, besides the part about liking everything only someone 5 years old would, and acting even more childish.

I think we should have had an Index 2, rather than having this spin-off Railgun. Misaka wasn't meant to be given this much spot light, and it's ruining her image.

Railgun has been pretty fail, and as of now... I'd barely give it a 6/10... which is sad because I really liked Index, although even Index started slipping later into the series.

Railgun might have had a better chance, had it actually had a story, been only 12 episodes, no filler crap, and minus Kuroko and the other two girls. I'd have liked to seen some more into Accelerator's (I think that's his name) and the clone Misaka's past.

So she's not aloud to have friend's and act her age .and she's was hardly ever cold to people only toma and kurko most parts and index .

True that rail gun is mostly filler like the whole 2nd half but episode 1 2,4,5 had a bit of the Storyline in it but where changed slightly epiosde 6 till 12 is when the actual plot starts then it goes back to being filler for the 2nd half .

The manga is completely different to the anime
Aug 28, 2019 10:30 AM

Oct 2018
Personally, I liked the Railgun side-story. It has some of the funniest moments I've seen, plus the three-part story arc was pretty well done. Sure, there were a few filler episodes, but those tend to be more light-hearted and funny, especially episode 13. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Overall, I felt it was worth the time.
I always lose at disc golf. I keep throwing the game.
Sep 27, 2019 10:56 PM
Mar 2014
Koby said:
No, I created the thread to discuss people feelings on the series as well.
Do you think it tramples on Misaka's image as well?

i think so as well
i really suffered watching it , it was boring and silly !
i regret watching such trash for a friend who suggested
as for me i gave it 3 ,cuz i am in no need for a show i struggle to end
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Do you like Kuroko’s horniness, or do you think it’s annoying?

SwagsOnB - Oct 2, 2023

31 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Do you like Toaru Kagaku no Railgun?

SpinStudios - Oct 25, 2021

18 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Proselyt - Jan 29, 2010

164 by TheAncientOne »»
Feb 25, 9:40 AM

» Why is there no CGDCT on this show?

Sagepool - Nov 30, 2023

14 by FZREMAKE »»
Dec 1, 2023 3:39 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Mar 19, 2010

372 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 4:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.