MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Railgun sucks...
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Toaru Kagaku no Railgun »» Railgun sucks...

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
03-01-10, 5:40 PM

This series takes my favorite character from Index, who happened to be one of my top favorite anime characters of all time.. and makes her the main character of her own story. Except they ruin everything about her in the process, tarnishing her name, changing her personality, everything. Misaka was so much cooler and everything in Index.

Railgun should never have been made, not to mention the majority of the episodes have been nonsense 1 episode filler stories. :/

But I can't bring myself to drop it regardless.. but I do continue to drop my rating for this as it continues to get worse.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Koby&sclick=1][/url]

03-01-10, 6:10 PM

And you created a thread just for that?

03-01-10, 6:12 PM

No, I created the thread to discuss people feelings on the series as well.
Do you think it tramples on Misaka's image as well?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Koby&sclick=1][/url]

03-01-10, 6:53 PM

No, not really. Why? The environment/situations she is usually shown in in this series are different, but how did you expect her to be?

03-01-10, 11:15 PM

@ChaoXide's second post

Do you think fleshing out Misaka's character is garbage?
Index merely showed one aspect of her: a girl who knows how to control electricity and has a few tsundere reactions to Touma.

Railgun changed all of that.

03-02-10, 8:08 AM

Orix said:

No, Railgun didn't change anything, it merely showed more.

I on the other hand, am really annoyed at Kuroko. Jesus that kid needs to... get laid or something.
And I find myself constantly hoping Touma to pop in and save Misaka randomly more... but that probably won't happen (I'm only on episode 11 as of now)...
At least I know what genre of anime I'll be watching next after this...

03-02-10, 8:14 AM

xMafiax said:
Orix said:

No, Railgun didn't change anything, it merely showed more.

I on the other hand, am really annoyed at Kuroko. Jesus that kid needs to... get laid or something.
And I find myself constantly hoping Touma to pop in and save Misaka randomly more... but that probably won't happen (I'm only on episode 11 as of now)...

Kuroko could use getting some action, might unwind her coil a little bit.

But, yes, what other people said, Index showed about the smallest snippet of her character. I don't understand how you didn't expect her character to get flushed out more, and for your understanding of her personality to grow more. 24 episodes of her trying to shock Touma and run around and do nothing about her clones would have been annoying as hell. She's more then just a one faceted character, but from the way you're whining it seems that's all you wanted her to be. I might be wrong, but then hey, it's the internet, you have all the time you need, use your language to explain it better.

03-02-10, 1:50 PM

xMafiax said:
I doubt that'll happen ;)

I don't dislike Kuroko though; she is cool in combat situations and and fairly smart ... but yeah, otherwise she can be annoying.

03-02-10, 2:01 PM

Biribiri in Index for me: A girl, who is tsundere for Touma, and the main reason for that is the fact that she can't kill him with her ability. She is the martyr type, who would easily die for the sake of other people. Not that there's anything wrong with it (though I think it's one of the most egoistic personality trait ever).

Biribiri in Railgun: We find out that she is actually like every other girl most of the time. She has a handful of friends, who she cares for, and saves when necessary. She likes Gekota more than anything, which makes her childish and cute. She is still the martyr type, though not that much, cos she rarely gets to worry on her own, since she got her friends to support her.

Don't really see how one is ruining the other...

03-02-10, 6:22 PM

fail fanboy TS

03-02-10, 6:33 PM

I'd just like to express my disappointment that they didn't do the clones in this series, despite having plenty of time to if they hadn't done all those bullshit fanservice 1 episode 1 story fillers.

And that the OP is wrong.
All of my FAL results so far.

03-03-10, 1:47 AM

chinlamp said:
I'd just like to express my disappointment that they didn't do the clones in this series, despite having plenty of time to if they hadn't done all those bullshit fanservice 1 episode 1 story fillers.
I can't quite agree with that ... episodes like #3 or #14 were probably the ones I enjoyed the most.
They rather should've left out the "1 episode 0 story" fillers, such as #13, #17 or #18, that focused on completely irrelevant characters or did nothing at all. Those bored me to death.

Whatever.
I think the character of Mikoto is pretty consistent with the Index series, and so is Kuroko. The thread starter thinks otherwise, but didn't say why. Maybe he'll come back and explain.
Ruiko and Kazari are new anyway, but I also (or especially) like those.
Even though the latter disappointed me in episode 21 :/

03-03-10, 3:49 AM

chinlamp said:

I never really thought that the Misaka Sisters arc will be included, mostly cos it was heavily covered in Index already, so I was sure the series would end before that. Besides I think the Misaka Sisters arc doesn't fit with Railgun series, cos it's all about friends and rely on each other. So it would be bit stupid to show Mikoto worrying all alone and her friends not giving a damn about it, so that only Touma could save her.

03-03-10, 6:04 AM

SunyiNyufi said:
chinlamp said:

I never really thought that the Misaka Sisters arc will be included, mostly cos it was heavily covered in Index already, so I was sure the series would end before that. Besides I think the Misaka Sisters arc doesn't fit with Railgun series, cos it's all about friends and rely on each other. So it would be bit stupid to show Mikoto worrying all alone and her friends not giving a damn about it, so that only Touma could save her.

I think the true reason is the Sister arc in Railgun doesn't finish yet and they can't make the original ending out of it ,so they have to wait.

The Sister arc shown in railgun is better than in Index ,and it doens't feel like you are watching the same thing at all ,so I hope they will air it.

By the way,Railgun anime being a story about friendship is true. Saten and Uiharu are the selling point of this series. If they disapear from the scene for a long time. the rating may fall down.

Modified by Marina2, 03-03-10, 6:09 AM

03-03-10, 9:09 AM

Marina2 said:
The Sister arc shown in railgun is better than in Index ,and it doens't feel like you are watching the same thing at all ,so I hope they will air it.
Dunno about that I still have to read the manga :) But I sure hope for a second season.

03-03-10, 4:02 PM

xMafiax said:

^ this. Every time there's a major event involving Misaka I'm expecting Touma to randomly show up....but he doesn't and I'm left dissatisfied.

This series as a whole is over hyped but still somewhat entertaining. Misaka's personality is the same as in the first season. The difference is in the first season she was more extrovert becuse Touma caused her to get all hot and bothered. In this season shes more introvert becuse Kuroko is constantly trying to rape her. Tthe only problem I actually have with this series is that there's very little action. With her personality and her power I was expecting way more action than the first season but in staid they toss a shojo/slice of life show at us with mild to no action at all.

I think in staid of trying to make a full blown show they probably should have made an OVA or a shorter series.

03-03-10, 4:12 PM

I completely disagree with most everything people are saying. I'm enjoying Railgun a great deal; a lot more than Index. It's difficult to quantify exactly why, but I think a lot of it has to do with the very poor story structure Index had, jumping from arc to arc with no natural leadin, and leaving most of them with very poor resolutions.

Railgun, however, is just... fun. It's not taking itself too seriously and is a great success as an episodic series. Even the handful of mini arcs so far have been thoroughly entertaining, well paced and concluded.

It's a great deal more enjoyable than Index was. Index flopped in my views. Tried to overreach and fell short, or something. Railgun isn't trying that hard, so isn't going to disappoint in the same manner.

03-03-10, 4:26 PM

Asako said:
Index flopped in my views. Tried to overreach and fell short, or something. Railgun isn't trying that hard, so isn't going to disappoint in the same manner.
Kinda felt the same while watching Index. It was like the show wanted to be epic (at least the bgm implied that several scenes should be epic), yet it was just main guy saving current damsel in distress most of the time.

03-03-10, 4:30 PM

I agree with you, but all I wanted was an epilogue, after the events of Index. I wanted some kind of relationship, some well done fight scenes, and possibly flashbacks and the story of her past.

Mabye I was asking for too much. Now I'm stuck with a mostly-episodic 26 ep. series and I won't drop it because of Misaka.

xMafiax said:

My thoughts exactly.
Modified by Deserada, 03-03-10, 4:35 PM
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

03-03-10, 4:48 PM

I do see it to be overly hyped, probably because of Misaka while I on the other hand am watching it mostly for Touma to appear. There are a crap load of parts where I just want Touma to come in. I'm really hoping they get straight onto Index after this since I enjoy it more.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices