Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 15, 2010 5:22 PM

Jun 2008
Where is my kissu? T-T
Mar 16, 2010 3:15 PM

Feb 2009
That ending was quite shocking, I wonder what will happen next and if anyone died.. The ED sounded totally wrong after that shot btw. >__>

And good thing I'm Dutch, Germany is our neighbour so I understood most of the German!
Mar 18, 2010 5:27 PM

Aug 2008
Rio's trumpeting was amazinggggghnnggg

D'aww at pigtails. She was cute in this episodee.

Oh and that Noel scene. So damn adorable <3
Mar 24, 2010 5:52 AM

Apr 2009
...I forgot what I wanted to say, after seeing the first page discussion about pantsu. x__X
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Apr 8, 2010 7:44 PM

Jun 2008
I absolutely loved this episode, I thought it had very good character chemistry, and the action and suspense was quite well done. I am a Kureha fan, so it was nice to see her get the spotlight on an episode for once.
May 24, 2010 2:24 AM
Apr 2009
I got quite tense about it hoping they didn't kill Klaus. Great episode! =)
Dec 2, 2010 1:53 PM

Jun 2009
Decent episode. Fan service was a bit over-used. Noël was moe~

Takemikazuchi’s finally put to use, I just hope it’s not the last time. There are just three episodes left, is there any hope for seeing the war? All they’ve been doing is give tidbits of plot…
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Dec 13, 2010 8:04 PM

Aug 2010
Only good thing about this episode was Noel.
Dec 28, 2010 4:32 PM

Jul 2009
Mar 26, 2012 12:10 PM
Jan 2012
Love this episode
Some people doesnt like it because they dont like Kureha to be together with a 51 year old man because they think its disgusting but its only their minds which is disgusting for if you cannot see…THIS ISNT PEDOPHILIA!
This is about Kureha looking for someone whom she can take as a Father Figure for no matter how cutthroat is her determination, shes still just a 16 year old girl. And Claus is someone who does his best to satisfy Kurehas expectations.
Mar 26, 2012 12:10 PM
Jan 2012
Love this episode
Some people doesnt like it because they dont like Kureha to be together with a 51 year old man because they think its disgusting but its only their minds which is disgusting for if you cannot see…THIS ISNT PEDOPHILIA!
This is about Kureha looking for someone whom she can take as a Father Figure for no matter how cutthroat is her determination, shes still just a 16 year old girl. And Claus is someone who does his best to satisfy Kurehas expectations.
Sep 4, 2012 10:42 AM

Sep 2011
Agree, would've been better if he died, but still a great conclusion to the episode regardless. xD
Oct 2, 2012 6:53 PM

Nov 2011
If he died, it would be better. But hes a hero none the less! Who needs miracle Klaus!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Jan 28, 2013 3:44 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode, we get more seriousness after the previous one.
As sad it may sound, it really would have been better if he died like a hero. Oh well, he was still nice I guess.

Only a few episodes left, I hope something military and plot-like will happen. So much foreshadowing.
Also, it really was her dad who called. Wonder what's this all about.
I would also like to know more about the trumpet girl, Iliya or whoever.
Feb 22, 2013 9:11 PM

Jan 2013
Rooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaar.
I'm not into this a whole lot.
Nov 8, 2013 10:29 PM

Jun 2013
I don't think having Claus die would have made this episode any better TBH, it would just have created forced drama for a character who has gotten more or less only one episode of screen time. I thought it was a nice touch subtlety showing that Kureha knew that this was a different Claus, from the lack of the tattoo.

On the other hand, this show keeps inching its way towards a plot, with only three episodes to go! The last three episodes better be mind-blowing, or they've wasted tons of potential and build up here.
Jun 14, 2014 6:20 PM

May 2012
Didn't really enjoyed this one but well let's see what's next!
Sep 15, 2014 12:46 AM

Sep 2013
Short-term a character death here may have been a good idea, but in hindsight, no. That would be giving this episode too much significance when it wasn't meant to be standoff-ish
Jun 19, 2015 8:28 PM

Apr 2014
yikes i havent had many complaints about this anime but the fanservice made me so uncomfortable with the finger sucking and the panty shots yikes yikes yikes

but besides that it was really good and intense and interesting

Nov 7, 2015 9:56 AM

Jul 2014
Back to the inoffensively bland. That pajama fanservice really was very unnecessary.

At least this didn't give me PTSD like the last episode.

2/5

argilium said:
haha.. good episode..
cute PJ&#039;s.. kanata was so cute.. and Noel, too.. Francis, the pantsu are not erotic.. they&#039;re cute.. don&#039;t defile them..
also, it&#039;s good to see that Kureha knows that Claus is not Miracle Claus because she saw his chest does not have a tattoo but still end up being the person he admires coz she was saved by him.. that&#039;s more worth it than a person he has not personally seen before..

as i said from last week, i enjoy the forums of this anime coz i get to see murderers who want violence and people dying.. what&#039;s the point in making everything dramatic and make him die if you are expecting it anyway..

anyway, this week&#039;s message is "Most of the time, what you think you see in the person and what they&#039;re feeling are different. Admiring someone always makes your vision blurry. Someday, when you&#039;re looked at in that way, you&#039;ll understand." .. this applied both to rio and claus.. not really a powerful message this time but it&#039;s something to remember for me..

so again, no plot.. but hell i care now.. i did not designate this show for that..

The problem with the previous episode wasn't that it didn't have any action or drama, since I didn't really expect it to begin with considering that this show is, in the end, a slice-of-life moe anime.

However, I do expect some relative consistency in terms of tone. An episode about the horrors of war and an episode about someone trying not to piss themselves were consecutive episodes, and yet they're in opposite sides of the maturity spectrum.

Also, "pantsu" means "underwear" in English. Please remember that.
D-ohnutsNov 7, 2015 4:02 PM
Jul 24, 2016 2:56 PM
Feb 2015
God, I hate that fucking brat.

It was still cool discovering Claus was just a "coward" ( as he says ) and not the legend. I lol'd at Kureha's picture with the crossed tatoo
Dec 2, 2016 4:03 AM

Mar 2015
OP Song: 3/5

Saint Seiya!!...............SAINT SEIYA!!

Kureha got no letter from parents from previous episode.

How did they bring tank from where the platoon 1121 branch is located??

3.1/5
Mar 26, 2017 8:45 PM

Jun 2013
It's pretty funny to read all those comments from back when the series was airing, expecting edgy war drama from a show that's just cute girls doing cute things in a post-apocalyptic setting. Sure, there has been constant teasing of something "more," but I think savvy viewers would have realized much earlier that all that was a pipe dream. But hey, I've been fooled plenty of times before myself. (And it's easy to be a smartass after 7 years have passed.) In the end, I've had to drop this show twice before I realized I would have more fun with it if I stopped taking it super seriously.
LeeTailorMar 26, 2017 9:14 PM
May 8, 2017 4:25 AM

May 2010
God don't do this to me, I nearly felt a heartattack there. Such a beautiful episode... Klaus was really manly and Kureha is already my fav, so brave. Seiya... is. Ok. Tbh I felt Rio there, we should just tie up n lock the kids who don't listen n get themselves, but I guess that would be stealing a human right gah. But its still frustrating. My fav ep so far.

And ppl, srsly? That's how you feel? Death in this ep would be really forced as it was more about Kureha coming in terms with the reality and she did in a really nice way i.e. she continued admiring him but for who he was, this time. Also there was no pedophilia there whatsoever. I did feel a spark between the two but srsly she only sees him as a father figure n someone she admires.
Tbh I should never bother with the forum here l o l
TragicRomanceMay 8, 2017 4:47 AM
Jul 17, 2017 9:17 PM

Oct 2012
Screw that Miracle Kraus
I like this Joseph Bunta Kraus better xD

Now he just need to give Kureha his photo to her to worship
"Signature removed"
Nov 12, 2017 1:54 PM

Feb 2012
lol Noel's gardening get up makes her look like Jun the Swan.

Claus thinks Kureha makes a great wife um

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Aug 26, 2018 3:22 PM
Sep 2015
jemetire said:
yikes i havent had many complaints about this anime but the fanservice made me so uncomfortable with the finger sucking and the panty shots yikes yikes yikes

but besides that it was really good and intense and interesting

Ikr what was that finger sucking scene. Ew unnecessary
May 8, 2019 9:47 PM

Nov 2013
Noel poking that rolly polly was cute. She seemed like a typical Rei Ayanami clone at first, but she's grown on me.

Those panty shots were...something to say the least.

That moment when you knew immediately Seiya was the one who ran away; that rebellious little shit.

Claus is one badass old man; I'm surprised he didn't die during that typhoon.

Pretty good episode. I was hoping the anime would take a dark turn after teasing me with episode 7, but it was still solid.

7/10

Oct 23, 2019 2:29 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The end of the episode was touching, it was pretty good overall
Apr 8, 2021 3:44 PM

Apr 2021
Agriculture activities and moe the perfect combination. Mais, eggplants and potatoes aren't just used as mere background products but as tools of storytelling. Extraordinary great episode.
May 2, 2021 4:46 AM

Aug 2017
Claus should died saving Kureha instead. I mean, they just killed Filicia's unit and showed a corpse "talking" episodes ago, don't tell me they're scared of killing people outside flashbacks. And I'm not surprised that the stupid nun let someone to escape, it's not the first time.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 3, 2022 2:27 PM

Nov 2017
Rio and Kureha get character development, cool!

The scene where Rio is playing the trumpet at the start of the episode is a nice juxtaposition. It's pretty, but at the same time there's intensity behind it, y'know? It's able to capture her entire mood for this episode.

I do agree it would've been better had Claus died saving Kureha, buuuuut that would've ended on a depressing note! :-/ That scene with her smiling with tears in her eyes as she said that he's someone that she really admires was heartwarming
Oct 28, 2023 9:10 PM

Dec 2022
I think Kureha already knows that it isn't the real one

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Nakei - Feb 1, 2010

118 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 28, 1:52 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nakei - Jan 18, 2010

160 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 25, 10:15 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kerlyenai - Feb 15, 2010

142 by James-LastOmnic »»
Jan 19, 9:11 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maximatum99 - Mar 22, 2010

264 by SX6 »»
Jan 17, 11:28 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Feb 22, 2010

140 by NECROMANCER_2003 »»
Jan 6, 2:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.