Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 3, 2010 8:24 AM

Jul 2008
lol.
page 1: anime discussion.
page 2: pervs blaming/debating.
page 3: arrows firing.

JEEZ.

Anyway i thought this episode was quite good...at least it didnt bore me out like the previous few episodes.

4 eps left. HM...
~Bokura wa deau tameni koko e umare ochita
Toki wo tsumugu tashikana uta ni michibikare habataku yo~
Mar 3, 2010 9:55 AM

Feb 2009
LOL i thought the Spider Gundam would crawl the cliff to rescue them...instead they fired the main cannons(which people would want to shout at least once in their life XD)...With 4 eps left, who knows what will happen...
Mar 3, 2010 9:59 AM

Oct 2009
belatkuro said:
LOL i thought the Spider Gundam would crawl the cliff to rescue them...instead they fired the main cannons(which people would want to shout at least once in their life XD)...With 4 eps left, who knows what will happen...
Yeah I though so too about the spider tank until I saw it still did have its legs....I also did not even see the slightest clue as to if they had all the parts for its legs.....I do think they mentioned something about getting the spare parts....but from where or will they get the right ones....they did mention 2 types in the anime of spider tanks: Vector ones and Vector Zero (ones with missiles on them).

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 3, 2010 11:25 AM

Aug 2008
Another terrible episode. How many times do we have to rely on those dumb children doing something in order to advance some banal sense of drama? That's why I hate children in shows, movies, etc. They're always a crutch for weak writers.

It's a shame that during the first few minutes I thought, "This music and art (excluding the hideous character design) is undeserving of this horrible show."
Mar 3, 2010 1:32 PM

Apr 2009
kisami said:
ok...so what is this show about again?

This.

God, I somehow managed to not fall asleep... people say that this show reminds them of K-ON! because of similiar art... though for me it's rather that both of them are dull and boring. If it wouldn't be 9th ep already, I guess I'd dropped it after this ep.

Mar 3, 2010 3:58 PM

Apr 2008
Sure is pantsu. Unnecessary fanservice. Also who the fuck sleeps in thigh highs?
Seems it's only getting worse every ep.
Mar 3, 2010 7:28 PM

Sep 2009
Mmm, a seasoned slice-of-life watcher would enjoy this show a lot. Like me. Even though I was hoping for a war/drama story every episode. It's enjoyable as long as you don't take it seriously.

So many nonchalant panty shots. And wtf @ Noel sucking Kanata's finger? Too heavy of a fanservice for me. At least for this show.
-
Mar 3, 2010 9:07 PM

Aug 2008
Those questions you ask, Shattered...that's the similarity to K-On. On top of that all the characters, besides Noel, are copy paste archetypes from K-On (Rio and Mio are fairly disparate) and the fact that people are inordinately enamored with the show despite its lack of content, continually justifying it for the most minute details.
noteDheroMar 3, 2010 9:11 PM
Mar 3, 2010 9:20 PM

Jan 2010
This anime more and more resembles of an old Russian Novel "The Dawns Here Are Quiet" which was made in to a movie in 1972. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dawns_Here_Are_Quiet )
and then in to a 19-episode serial by Chinies in 2005.
A similar scenario with 5 young girls and one old Sergeant.
Mar 3, 2010 11:47 PM

Jul 2009
Whiskers said:
Mmm, a seasoned slice-of-life watcher would enjoy this show a lot. Like me. Even though I was hoping for a war/drama story every episode. It's enjoyable as long as you don't take it seriously.

I would have to agree that if you dont take this show seriously then it is actually quite enjoyable
I enjoy the slice of life genre and this particular slice of life anime doesnt seem to have a ton of exaggerated drama, which makes it all the more enjoyable as a slice of life

Starbrow said:
This anime more and more resembles of an old Russian Novel "The Dawns Here Are Quiet" which was made in to a movie in 1972. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dawns_Here_Are_Quiet )

if this anime is based off of that book then my earlier predictions

or something similar seems quite possible
and that makes me quite happy because I love tragedies

cabalistxwhite said:
lol.
page 1: anime discussion.
page 2: pervs blaming/debating.
page 3: arrows firing.

lulz
the fan-service in the past two episode was unnecessary and I hope that they are done with it.
kg-san said:

Asu you're still a fragile flower... But its ok cause you're a beautiful flower!

花火花火花火 :D:D:D
Mar 3, 2010 11:47 PM

Aug 2009
Oh hell, this episode was just stupid and dumb. After watching the second half, I was actually laughing all along. 'this is the most honorable wound I've ever received' claus - the climax of all absurdness.
Mar 4, 2010 2:04 AM

Sep 2008
Yes, aim the anchor directly at the rescuers
Mar 4, 2010 4:25 AM

Oct 2009
Asukai-san said:

Starbrow said:

if this anime is based off of that book then my earlier predictions

Asukai-san said:

eps10: travel to battle and review of battle plans
eps11: actual battle with 4/5 characters dying at the end of eps
eps12: reflection of the one remaining character on the events of the previous 11eps

Oh man if your predictions are right...I will love you like forever and ever! It would be the best thing to happen and wait till all are going to be :o including me for sure....heck I will open a bottle of red wine for the celebration somehow.
mel said:

^Yeah this......should have aimed it at the cliff above them so they can grab it then anchor away since the mechanism is there anyways for it.
francismeunierMar 4, 2010 4:30 AM

Mar 4, 2010 9:47 AM

Feb 2009
Search and rescue... Would've been better if it was a search and destroy mission.

Another letdown with episode 8 after the awesome episode 7.
Mar 4, 2010 3:58 PM

Feb 2010
I always said that there's no anime with girls that not show any ecchi or suggestive scenes of it. Even SNW didn't escape. Just one note about this whole ecchiness: Noel outfit was really awesome! ^^

I liked this episode more in general than any specific part of it. The plot was well developed in my opinion and the end was nice.

As for the next episodes: I don't think that'll be tragic scenes and a lot of deaths, I only thing that they'll must protect Seize from a attack in the last episde or maybe one before it and they'll use the tank to protect the city, they'll win and the enemies will flee, no deaths in my opinion.
FaytzMar 4, 2010 4:34 PM
Mar 4, 2010 5:07 PM

Sep 2009
Great and lovely episode.

(however, if you do not like this show, believe: you have some problem).
Mar 4, 2010 5:44 PM

Aug 2009
Tatynin said:

So, I have a problem, just because of having a different taste? Not very amusing idea.

mel said:

^I approve this.
Mar 4, 2010 8:12 PM

Dec 2006
I'm enjoying it and hating it at the same time, I want to continue watching mundane and normal stuff but I also want some more serious stuff to happen, at least each episode we get a little more info on what happening in their world.

Mar 4, 2010 9:12 PM

Jul 2009
ringoo4 said:
Tatynin said:

So, I have a problem, just because of having a different taste? Not very amusing idea.

I would have to agree with ringoo4 on this topic as this anime appeals primarily to fans of the slice of life genre, if one doesnt enjoy this genre then one would probably not enjoy this anime either. Im not saying this because I dont like the show, I actually enjoy it quite a bit. but i certainly dont think everyone would enjoy this show.

I forgot to mention earlier that Noel was quite moe in this episode, especially in the scene with the bug.
kg-san said:

Asu you're still a fragile flower... But its ok cause you're a beautiful flower!

花火花火花火 :D:D:D
Mar 4, 2010 9:52 PM

Aug 2008
I love the Slice of Life genre, but I don't like this show. It's bad.
Mar 4, 2010 10:24 PM

Jun 2009
Faytz said:
Noel outfit was really awesome! ^^

^This. And that would be all good from this epsiode...
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 4, 2010 10:41 PM

Aug 2009
Asukai-san said:
I would have to agree with ringoo4 on this topic as this anime appeals primarily to fans of the slice of life genre, if one doesnt enjoy this genre then one would probably not enjoy this anime either.
ah...umm

noteDhero said:
I love the Slice of Life genre, but I don't like this show. It's bad.
I just repeat this... I loved Haibane Renmei and other slice of lives. I just get back on this series because of the people saying ''this is similar to haibane oh noez! 2good!!''. Sadly, it's not even close to that. Even worse.
Mar 5, 2010 10:45 PM

May 2008
Episode was more Strike Witches than usual.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Mar 6, 2010 11:45 AM

Nov 2009
ringoo4 said:

mel said:

^I approve this.

Me too.
The whole honorable scar thing was a bit... eh. This show is suppose to be very moe so i believe that might be the most drama we'll get.
By the way; Has Kanata practiced at all to be able to play like that? I only remember the one episode where they visit the glass smith...
Personally i don't think it is that bad of a show. I don't laugh or find it interesting... Yet the show isn't 'completely' boring. We do get the slice of life messages too sometimes. (Unless we are talking about last episode.)
Would like to see the damn message.
Mar 6, 2010 7:29 PM

May 2008
So, we're defending the anime, from a person thinking that color might be symbolic? Like this episode wasn't fanservice-y at all and discussing color symbolism doesn't have any art credibility?
Right. Thanks internet.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Mar 9, 2010 4:49 PM

Sep 2008
Decent episode, though not one of the best for this show

francismeunier said:
Ok this is really disturbing if Claus only got this as a honorable wound....means I don't think he saw any combat at all=>

Took that as meaning, he thinks of that wound as his most honorable one because it's one that he got saving someone who looked up to him.
Even if he hadn't seen any combat, he's seeing the fact that Kanata looking up to him is a honorable thing that he's going to work to live up to.

Rio playing her trumpet was amusing.
BastionMar 9, 2010 5:09 PM

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Mar 9, 2010 8:01 PM

Oct 2009
Bastion said:
Decent episode, though not one of the best for this show

francismeunier said:
Ok this is really disturbing if Claus only got this as a honorable wound....means I don't think he saw any combat at all=>

Took that as meaning, he thinks of that wound as his most honorable one because it's one that he got saving someone who looked up to him.
Even if he hadn't seen any combat, he's seeing the fact that Kanata looking up to him is a honorable thing that he's going to work to live up to.
Yes, I agree with you about the way he takes that wound...I was just saying what was up in my mind at that time seeing at that time for the first Claus was not as experienced as a major normally would in his rank category.

Mar 11, 2010 4:59 AM

Nov 2007
'You are the person I admire' - favorite quote in this one.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Mar 11, 2010 6:32 PM
Jul 2018
why did noel aim right at Clause with the harpoon? xD
Mar 14, 2010 6:49 PM

Feb 2008
Okay episode. :\
Noel. <3
Mar 15, 2010 5:22 PM

Jun 2008
Where is my kissu? T-T
Mar 16, 2010 3:15 PM

Feb 2009
That ending was quite shocking, I wonder what will happen next and if anyone died.. The ED sounded totally wrong after that shot btw. >__>

And good thing I'm Dutch, Germany is our neighbour so I understood most of the German!
Mar 18, 2010 5:27 PM

Aug 2008
Rio's trumpeting was amazinggggghnnggg

D'aww at pigtails. She was cute in this episodee.

Oh and that Noel scene. So damn adorable <3
Mar 24, 2010 5:52 AM

Apr 2009
...I forgot what I wanted to say, after seeing the first page discussion about pantsu. x__X
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Apr 8, 2010 7:44 PM

Jun 2008
I absolutely loved this episode, I thought it had very good character chemistry, and the action and suspense was quite well done. I am a Kureha fan, so it was nice to see her get the spotlight on an episode for once.
May 24, 2010 2:24 AM
Apr 2009
I got quite tense about it hoping they didn't kill Klaus. Great episode! =)
Dec 2, 2010 1:53 PM

Jun 2009
Decent episode. Fan service was a bit over-used. Noël was moe~

Takemikazuchi’s finally put to use, I just hope it’s not the last time. There are just three episodes left, is there any hope for seeing the war? All they’ve been doing is give tidbits of plot…
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Dec 13, 2010 8:04 PM

Aug 2010
Only good thing about this episode was Noel.
Dec 28, 2010 4:32 PM

Jul 2009
Mar 26, 2012 12:10 PM
Jan 2012
Love this episode
Some people doesnt like it because they dont like Kureha to be together with a 51 year old man because they think its disgusting but its only their minds which is disgusting for if you cannot see…THIS ISNT PEDOPHILIA!
This is about Kureha looking for someone whom she can take as a Father Figure for no matter how cutthroat is her determination, shes still just a 16 year old girl. And Claus is someone who does his best to satisfy Kurehas expectations.
Mar 26, 2012 12:10 PM
Jan 2012
Love this episode
Some people doesnt like it because they dont like Kureha to be together with a 51 year old man because they think its disgusting but its only their minds which is disgusting for if you cannot see…THIS ISNT PEDOPHILIA!
This is about Kureha looking for someone whom she can take as a Father Figure for no matter how cutthroat is her determination, shes still just a 16 year old girl. And Claus is someone who does his best to satisfy Kurehas expectations.
Sep 4, 2012 10:42 AM

Sep 2011
Agree, would've been better if he died, but still a great conclusion to the episode regardless. xD
Oct 2, 2012 6:53 PM

Nov 2011
If he died, it would be better. But hes a hero none the less! Who needs miracle Klaus!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Jan 28, 2013 3:44 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode, we get more seriousness after the previous one.
As sad it may sound, it really would have been better if he died like a hero. Oh well, he was still nice I guess.

Only a few episodes left, I hope something military and plot-like will happen. So much foreshadowing.
Also, it really was her dad who called. Wonder what's this all about.
I would also like to know more about the trumpet girl, Iliya or whoever.
Feb 22, 2013 9:11 PM

Jan 2013
Rooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaar.
I'm not into this a whole lot.
Nov 8, 2013 10:29 PM

Jun 2013
I don't think having Claus die would have made this episode any better TBH, it would just have created forced drama for a character who has gotten more or less only one episode of screen time. I thought it was a nice touch subtlety showing that Kureha knew that this was a different Claus, from the lack of the tattoo.

On the other hand, this show keeps inching its way towards a plot, with only three episodes to go! The last three episodes better be mind-blowing, or they've wasted tons of potential and build up here.
Jun 14, 2014 6:20 PM

May 2012
Didn't really enjoyed this one but well let's see what's next!
Sep 15, 2014 12:46 AM

Sep 2013
Short-term a character death here may have been a good idea, but in hindsight, no. That would be giving this episode too much significance when it wasn't meant to be standoff-ish
Jun 19, 2015 8:28 PM

Apr 2014
yikes i havent had many complaints about this anime but the fanservice made me so uncomfortable with the finger sucking and the panty shots yikes yikes yikes

but besides that it was really good and intense and interesting

Nov 7, 2015 9:56 AM

Jul 2014
Back to the inoffensively bland. That pajama fanservice really was very unnecessary.

At least this didn't give me PTSD like the last episode.

2/5

argilium said:
haha.. good episode..
cute PJ&#039;s.. kanata was so cute.. and Noel, too.. Francis, the pantsu are not erotic.. they&#039;re cute.. don&#039;t defile them..
also, it&#039;s good to see that Kureha knows that Claus is not Miracle Claus because she saw his chest does not have a tattoo but still end up being the person he admires coz she was saved by him.. that&#039;s more worth it than a person he has not personally seen before..

as i said from last week, i enjoy the forums of this anime coz i get to see murderers who want violence and people dying.. what&#039;s the point in making everything dramatic and make him die if you are expecting it anyway..

anyway, this week&#039;s message is "Most of the time, what you think you see in the person and what they&#039;re feeling are different. Admiring someone always makes your vision blurry. Someday, when you&#039;re looked at in that way, you&#039;ll understand." .. this applied both to rio and claus.. not really a powerful message this time but it&#039;s something to remember for me..

so again, no plot.. but hell i care now.. i did not designate this show for that..

The problem with the previous episode wasn't that it didn't have any action or drama, since I didn't really expect it to begin with considering that this show is, in the end, a slice-of-life moe anime.

However, I do expect some relative consistency in terms of tone. An episode about the horrors of war and an episode about someone trying not to piss themselves were consecutive episodes, and yet they're in opposite sides of the maturity spectrum.

Also, "pantsu" means "underwear" in English. Please remember that.
D-ohnutsNov 7, 2015 4:02 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Nakei - Feb 1, 2010

118 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 28, 1:52 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nakei - Jan 18, 2010

160 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 25, 10:15 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kerlyenai - Feb 15, 2010

142 by James-LastOmnic »»
Jan 19, 9:11 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maximatum99 - Mar 22, 2010

264 by SX6 »»
Jan 17, 11:28 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Feb 22, 2010

140 by NECROMANCER_2003 »»
Jan 6, 2:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.