Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 28, 2010 2:44 AM

Jul 2008
We all know you're here because you have a problem, you spend WAY too much on MAL, and that's okay - as long as it doesn't come on your studying/chores or what ever you've got to do, and we all know that sometimes it does.
This tread is exactly for that - advices on how to resist MAL when you need to.
I'm going to put here a few, and please if you have some - share with us so people like us with this problem could use them ^^

The advices~:
1. When you need to study for a test, close the computer, it will help you resist.

2. If you need to study for a test and closing the computer isn't working - you just end up opening it again and going online - study in a room without a computer, being physically far from the computer helps.

3. If you need to study for a test, and neither of the above helps, study with friends (preferably friends who aren't a MAL addictive) that way you won't go online.

4. If tests aren't your problem, or if chores are a problem too, then do the following thing - think on your mother's (or fathers) face when she'll see you are not doing your chores, and think on her screams - that's ought to help.

5.If imagining her face isn't helping, think on how fun it will be after you finish the chores to have all of your time to MAL, without your mother (or father) angry voice in the background, without any disturbance and frankly? Going online after you finished all what you have to do just feels good, trust me - I'm not lying.

6. If your problem is doing your homework, try to do them first thing when you come home, before using the computer, that way not only you won't need to think of them till school, but you will have more fun in MAL knowing you won't need to do your homework in the middle.(Courtesy of Darky~)

7.If the above doesn't help, and you still go straight to MAL and still can't do your homework, think about your parents - eventually they will get angry at you and maybe they won't let you use the computer or something between those line - we don't want that now, do we? (Courtesy of Darky~)

8. Think about how your mother won't give you dinner! (Courtesy of Aly-sama~)

9. Another advice from Darky~ You have to think about future, if you don't study for your school, you'll have problem in the future! (Also known as: being a street cleaner...)

For now, that's what I have - please post here your own advices or ask me about other occasions that I simply forgot and I'll give you more advices ^^
haruka_nazuFeb 28, 2010 8:10 AM
---"'As long as you're alive - you've got 100% chance of dying"---

---there are two infinite things, the universe and the human stupidity. about the first one I'm
not sure...---

---Math should go drown itself in the toilet---
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 28, 2010 2:57 AM

Apr 2009
lol, xDDDDDD
none of this work with me :DDD
8.Don't study!!!! :DD
8 (this time for real). Think about how your mom won't give you dinner if you don't do your homework... :DD
Feb 28, 2010 3:08 AM

Jul 2008
aLni07 said:
lol, xDDDDDD
none of this work with me :DDD
8.Don't study!!!! :DD
8 (this time for real). Think about how your mom won't give you dinner if you don't do your homework... :DD

Aly-sama :D Really? None? ;xD
I'm adding your advice~

---there are two infinite things, the universe and the human stupidity. about the first one I'm
not sure...---

Feb 28, 2010 6:51 AM

Apr 2009
:DDDD well,4 and 7 sometimes can work, but~
... i'm seriosly addicted, after all xDDD
Feb 28, 2010 7:53 AM

Apr 2008
Close the computer and say to yourself....I don't need you computer not right now so stop taunting me!
Feb 28, 2010 8:02 AM

Apr 2009
lol, 11.Remember how your mother tells you that you'll become street cleaner if you don't do your homework D: (works with me, and my mother/father sometimes told me things like that DDD: )
12. Think about how Reborn's gonna *beep* you if you don't do your homework! (also works with Koranello :D)
Feb 28, 2010 8:07 AM

Dec 2008
lol.
*suggestion for easier reading*

align to the left.. and a space after every suggestion. lol .
i haven't read thru the suggestions thou . lol.
shall read it tmr after i wake up XD

[ Underboss-lady ]
Feb 28, 2010 8:10 AM

Jul 2008
yonnigo said:
Close the computer and say to yourself....I don't need you computer not right now so stop taunting me!

There is this advice there :D (without the tell yourself)

@Yuki It's in the middle so people will know when the advices start and finish, and I will put space, thanks ^^

not sure...---

Mar 1, 2010 2:42 AM

Aug 2008
lol.. some works for me.. like 1 and 2.. though sometimes only...
im just stubborn... i cant help but go online...
"..Hibari Kyoya is L.O.V.E..."

.. Wanna ask me something? Clicky HERE~!
Mar 1, 2010 2:50 AM

Jul 2008
TheVongola11th said:
lol.. some works for me.. like 1 and 2.. though sometimes only...
im just stubborn... i cant help but go online...

We can just hope those advices will help, and I know that for some people it won't, but what can I do?... is there ANYTHING that helps you?.?

not sure...---

Mar 3, 2010 5:23 AM

Aug 2008
well anything that helps me...(oh and you can put it up the advices list if you find it effective or anything..)

well one thing that helps me is that I... put your mind to set on studying or chores or etc. and then always remind yourself to do this first and after doing your chore/study/etc. your can have all the time i want...
or
keep your mind blank.. empty it with anything that may disrupt you and then start thinking of your priorities... its just like restarting your computer, though your restarting your mind...XD
and lastly...
distract yourself from the computer from MAL from anime or manga... and temporarily erase it from your thoughts...lol

well i think thats partially it..
"..Hibari Kyoya is L.O.V.E..."

.. Wanna ask me something? Clicky HERE~!
Mar 27, 2010 3:33 AM
Dec 2009
Hmmm....

I haven't contributed much to this club DX
So I'll give some suggestions?

- instead of trying so hard to study 2-3 hour straight, why not separated it into 1 hour with 30 minutes break? (or something along those lines)
A good way to have some studying in the weekend is to put it into time slots. Like:
1 hour study, 30 min break, another hour, another break.

And if needed, then increase the time for studying, but don't go from 1 hour to 2 hours, just go from 1 hour to maybe 1 hour and 10 min, and increase time every week. This way it's easier to get out of the addict, and you'll do well at school
=> everybody's happy

lol, it's so wordy DX, and not making any sense...
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Member Cards :3 [Aly says: OPEN] ( 1 2 3 4 )

aLni07 - Mar 12, 2010

167 by unholy_cat »»
Oct 9, 2013 2:41 PM

» Manga matches nominees!!

haruka_nazu - Feb 26, 2010

26 by Miyuki- »»
Jun 16, 2012 10:53 PM

» What addiction do YOU have?!

47 by Razzledazzy »»
Apr 23, 2011 12:21 AM

» Introduce yourselves~ ( 1 2 )

93 by Kumorin »»
Dec 24, 2010 7:09 AM

» Anime matches nominees!! - Closed

47 by haruka_nazu »»
Jul 1, 2010 11:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.