Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Jan 24, 2015 4:55 AM

Jun 2013
No way he's not coming back. Right?
Feb 1, 2015 12:52 PM

Oct 2014
KAMINAAAAAA NOOOOO WTF
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2015 11:23 AM
Dec 2014
I fucking knew he was going to die. Not only because of him being so reckless but also the kiss with Yoko. FUCK he was an awesome character. :(
Feb 4, 2015 12:08 PM

Jun 2013
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! KAMINAAAAA!!!!

They killed off the best character in the show. Such bullshit! This show better not turn into some shitty harem like someone else mentioned. I was enjoying the hell out of this anime until they pulled that crap. Simon better become one hell of a character for me to like him as much as I did Kamina. The preview for the next episode looks like it's going to suck. I hope it turns out to be a good series, but I'm just not sure yet, but I'll definitely keep watching!
Feb 7, 2015 4:53 AM

Dec 2013
Shit... đź’” i will never forget..
Mar 12, 2015 4:14 AM

Apr 2013
o why ... why kamina did this to us bro :'(
Mar 30, 2015 8:49 AM

Jan 2012
lol finally they kissed.poor Simon.

what he is dead.why killing him.RIP kamina

Apr 12, 2015 11:29 AM

Jul 2014
I don't get it... How could you kill your main character? This episode has to be the worst int he series.

At first, I think this episode will be great, since Yoko and Kamina become a couple. But then, they had to FUCK IT UP and make him die.

And don't tell me it was so Simon could develop more. The series would have been the same even if Kamina survived.

I'm going on to episode 9. I pray that Simon grows a pair.
Apr 22, 2015 7:08 AM
Jun 2013
wow. This was honestly the first episode I can honestly say I really really enjoyed. Spectacular stuff. I didn't like Kamina up to this point but he was valiant until the end.
May 15, 2015 11:34 AM

Apr 2014
Kamina died. Hopefully, the series doesn't die with him.
Jun 8, 2015 11:19 AM
Jul 2014
Kamina got what he deserved, how dare he stealing the main heroine eventhough he is not the MC. i almost dropped the series because of the kiss scene, but i decided that i will continue, especially after knowing that he died, which is a huge relief.
Jun 9, 2015 8:50 PM

Jan 2015
Hotdogmaniac said:
I don't get it... How could you kill your main character? This episode has to be the worst int he series.

At first, I think this episode will be great, since Yoko and Kamina become a couple. But then, they had to FUCK IT UP and make him die.

And don't tell me it was so Simon could develop more. The series would have been the same even if Kamina survived.

I'm going on to episode 9. I pray that Simon grows a pair.

vincentboy said:
Kamina got what he deserved, how dare he stealing the main heroine eventhough he is not the MC. i almost dropped the series because of the kiss scene, but i decided that i will continue, especially after knowing that he died, which is a huge relief.

What the hell? Don't ever say such things ever again!
Jun 10, 2015 1:52 PM

Feb 2014
Honestly I don't see what exactly Kamina and Simon find romantically appealing in Yoko besides her big boobs. I haven't seen any significant character traits from her at all really.

So when Aniki first died I was like: "oh shoot I was not expecting this! :(" but I was a little surprised when he got up after that and actually had the strength to combine and defeat the enemy. I feel kinda weird about the fact that there was a brutal murder scene, yet they decided to actually kill him once they beat the enemy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2015 9:57 PM
May 2013
NEVER FORGET
Jun 21, 2015 6:43 PM

Apr 2012
Holy crap, what a great episode.. Kamina was my favorite character so far, so I'll definitely miss him.
Jul 18, 2015 8:51 AM
Mar 2014
i'm so fucking sad tho. i've watched several episodes since this and all i can think about is how sad and angry i am that he's dead. i don't hate nia for replacing him, but it just isn't the same. i'm really looking forward to how simon develops and i hope i start to get over bro's death too.
Sep 4, 2015 2:30 PM
Mar 2014
Biggest shock I've had in a long time
Sep 7, 2015 5:46 AM

Mar 2012
A shitty death but thank god one "bro down".

Omg deep symbolism rain on mecha #tears #subliminal
2/5
End Zionazism
Sep 7, 2015 5:58 AM

Mar 2012
Remus_Lupa said:
Beatnik said:
I feel sorry for people who drop this show before reaching this episode.
I don't. TTGL without Kamina just isn't the same. The only reason to keep watching it are the few badass moments Simon has and Kitan & Viral.

I regret not keeping itdropped
End Zionazism
Sep 22, 2015 12:19 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
So what was Simon doing when Kamina was getting slashed into pieces?
Don't get me wrong, I liked this episode, but there was a big time gap after Kamina gave Simon his second to last pep talk.

Other than that, I thought it was pretty well done in their "over the top" ways. I can feel the pain of losing a sibling.
Nov 11, 2015 3:08 PM
Feb 2015
This episode was awesome, the best one yet !! :D

The ending tho ;_;

I wasn't so happy about Yoyo x Kamina but Kamina's death is so sad, I wonder how will Simon evolve in the next episodes, it will be interesting for sure :)
Nov 13, 2015 5:53 PM

Jun 2015
My reaction: Kamina? KAMINA??? NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 16, 2015 1:26 PM

Apr 2013
So wait.. is he dead for good now? Because if he is I don't really get all of his hype, he's been here for 8 episodes so far O_O
Hated that kiss, don't like that pairing. I'm not glad he's dead, I think the show will be missing something now. But he was also not as great as people make him to be imo.
Nov 19, 2015 5:57 PM

Aug 2012
Maaan it was meant to happen, but I'm surprised it happened so soon.
From now on it's all about Simon becoming a badass like Kamina. Can't wait
Dec 4, 2015 5:19 PM

Mar 2015
Oh, they did it! Yay, finally an anime that doesn't fear romantic development! That kiss was so satisfying.

Wait. It isn't happening, right? ... It is happening. I can't believe they did that in the 8th episode. C'mon. Where will I get my Kamina antics now? Is this show going to be just depression and sadness from now on?

Eh. Awesome episode.
Dec 15, 2015 5:26 PM

Jul 2015
I didn't like Kamina tbh, hope to see more of Simon's development
Jan 9, 2016 7:38 AM

Jun 2010
8 years and it stil friggin hurts. *sigh*
Jan 30, 2016 11:56 PM

Nov 2015
What an amazing episode. For a character to only appear eight episodes and have such an impact truly goes to show how awesome Kamina is. Like many have said here, I wonder how the story will go without him, as he was the guy that drove these events. Though i really hit me in the gut when he died, I have to say kudos for letting him go out in the most badass way possible.

RIP Kamina. T_T
Feb 3, 2016 12:09 PM

Sep 2014
Dat Yoko NTR. Poor Simon.

I didn't expect Kamina to die... so soon.
Mar 29, 2016 10:38 PM

Jan 2016
At the end, I was like whaaaat.. did that really just happened...
Also, the fighting scenes were just spectacular! Best episode so far.
Apr 19, 2016 4:08 AM

Aug 2014
I saw it coming but not so early, RIP Kamina, amazing character.

Excellent Episode.
May 22, 2016 3:52 AM

Sep 2014
This is my reaction in the end of this episode...

Good lord, I think Kamina is one of the worst male character I've seen. Such a loudy arrogant jerk....
Thanks for everything, Lord Thymilph! Your will be not forgotten! *salute*
Jun 14, 2016 9:08 PM

May 2015
It is sad to read all of the old comments and see all of the theories that he will come back...

:(
Jul 4, 2016 10:29 AM

Jun 2016
Not buying it, not buying his death for one minute.
Jul 10, 2016 11:49 PM
Jul 2008
Quetzaly said:
It is sad to read all of the old comments and see all of the theories that he will come back...

I honestly gave up on the show on episode 4, I'm like im not watching this, i don't like the humor, but once I hit this episode. I fell DEEEEEEEP.
Jul 11, 2016 1:04 AM

May 2015
Teqnique said:
Quetzaly said:

I honestly gave up on the show on episode 4, I'm like im not watching this, i don't like the humor, but once I hit this episode. I fell DEEEEEEEP.

Same, I watched it because I liked the animation style and how unique it was but after this episode I started to like the show, he was a great character.
Jul 22, 2016 9:39 PM
Mar 2016
glad kamina died, i found him annoying. cant wait to see Simon's development throughout the series.
Jul 25, 2016 2:35 AM

Dec 2013
9 damn years and it's still hurts a lot watching him gone. I remember some groups especially wrote something at the start of the episode, something like "we love you Kamina <3"
Sep 15, 2016 3:46 AM

Jul 2016
This episode was the best so far, the MCs got some more character development, the fight was amazing and the ending was straight up great. 10/10
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Sep 20, 2016 11:29 PM

May 2015
This was by far my favorite episode of Gurren Lagann so far. RIP Kamina :( you were my favorite character of the show, a big inspiration, and a true bro. You will most certainly be missed :( definitely looking forward to future episodes of Gurren Lagann.
Sep 22, 2016 11:26 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Doing a rewatch of TTGL. Still a unique memorable episode on so many levels.

This is one of the 3 greatest anime deaths IMO.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 14, 2016 10:03 AM

Dec 2013
Was pretty cool to see an omage to ashita no joe.
Nov 23, 2016 2:54 PM

Jul 2015
OMG I CALLED IT! Ever since the beginning of the series, right after the intro, during the recap part, I always thought it was strange how they mentioned things like "the man will learn his destiny.".. This anime had 2 main characters, Simon and Kamina, and so by saying "the man" it was alluding to one of them only since it's a singular term, meaning one of them would die.. and that man was Kamina.

Death flags everywhere in this episode. When Kamina mentioned he would pay back Yoko's kiss 10x after the fight, that was the most obvious death flag ever omg.. This anime needed his death. As much as I disliked his personality, I didn't want him to die AT ALL, but his death was very much needed, in order to give Simon that psychological motivation to keep fighting and to stop doubting in himself.. Simon is to blame for Kamina's death, so hopefully that'll start making him stop being a coward. Hm, will Yoko blame Simon for Kamina's death? Will she get mad at him? Interesting things to ponder about..

NOW, I'm really enjoying the series (despite it being a bit predictable). Things can only get more interesting from here on out. Can't wait to see Simon's character development, along with Yoko's. I have a feeling this'll potentially be one of my top favorite series of all-time. Now I can see why it's rated so highly (even though we're not even one third of the way yet to completing the anime..

â™”
caught in the wonder
â™”
Dec 4, 2016 10:01 AM

Nov 2016
I didn't like Kamina and the kissing scene pissed me off to the point where I'm thinking of dropping the series. It shows off the whole "bad boy gets the girl" thing. I feel like I may miss out on later events if I dropped it now though.

P.S: I'm going to go against the grain and say that Yoko is the soul of TTGL.

Edit: I changed my mind a while ago and have put it on hold for now. I will continue it sometime in the future when I feel like sitting through emotional scenes which would fall flat as I didn't really like Kamina. For now though I'm watching FMA which I am enjoying a lot.
Pixel_VapourDec 17, 2016 3:05 AM
Dec 16, 2016 10:30 PM

Nov 2011
"We love you Kamina! <3"

If you look in my profile, Kamina is my number one favorite anime's character.. And after rewatching this episode, I think he still is.. I don't really know how to describe him, he is really a motivational character.. He is fun.. He is little stupid, but he uses his head more than you think.. He looks overconfidence, but that is not really, he has a weak side (some of it will you learn later).. But above all he motivates me to act little like a man, sometimes you need to do what you want to do with your way to do it, because that is a prove that you are alive..

This anime is same.. This anime didn't try to look smart, but this anime far smarter than many anime which trying to look smart..
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Dec 18, 2016 2:15 PM
Dec 2016
SPOILER ALERT!!!!! (Don´t continue reading if you haven´t watched episode 8)

Why the hell did he die???? T_T No!!!!!!! It´s so unfair!!!!! It´s so cruel T_T
Dec 18, 2016 2:17 PM
Dec 2016
sakura_haruko said:
I cried...A LOT, after seeing this episode. I seriously called my friend and I was just bawling. The whole part with Yoko before the battle was COMPLETELY adorable, and I was wanting so much more of that after...but I guess not. T_T

I'm just hoping that Simon becomes so much stronger from this. I know he can do it! <3

It´s so sad!!!! T_T
Dec 24, 2016 3:58 AM
Feb 2015
I was looking at the date Episode 8 came out, and realized,
next year is the 10th anniversary of his death.
Dec 27, 2016 2:56 AM

Jan 2013
Didnt expect a kiss between Yoko and Kamina.
I did expect however that Simon would not be pleased with it obviously ... but then again, simple punch to the face made him realize to not care about it.

And wtf ... Kamina actually died!? - That I definitely did not see coming, I honestly dont know where this anime will go now.
Unless there's some miraculous way that he gets back just like a lot of anime do.
Dec 27, 2016 3:05 PM

Dec 2016
I was not prepared ;(

What a great episode, the best so far!
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Krelian - Apr 25, 2007

204 by Trash_Monkeyy »»
Apr 16, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

accela - Sep 29, 2007

1151 by Spiral26 »»
Apr 8, 11:01 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

windy - Aug 19, 2007

174 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 1, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheWestExit - Aug 6, 2007

217 by AbyssGundyr »»
Mar 31, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

momo_ - Aug 12, 2007

157 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 26, 5:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.