MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

KuroCentral Scanlation
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Club Discussion »» Kuroshitsuji Central »» KuroCentral Scanlation

Must be a Club Member to Reply
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
02-26-10, 5:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 287
Reminisce said:
Hello, I'm really new here.....(cos well i joined today).....but i love kuroshitsuji.

I want to help in this project...... I'm studying japanese now, and it's been about a year and a half..... so...I might be able to help with the translating but i might not be free all the time.....

English is my first language, followed by Chinese.....so if we're going to do chinese i can help there too.....

Hello, Reminisce~! ^^
Do you know how to translate Japanese (kanji without furigana)?
[img]http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz168/asinankurus/asinansign_01.jpg[/img]
[img]http://myanimelist.net/signature/asinankurus.png[/img][img]http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz168/asinankurus/asinansign_03.jpg[/img]
 
02-26-10, 5:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 2116
Yosh. I'm certainly not applying (got two scanlation groups to slave for already) but I wish you all good luck. Just don't underestimate it.

Oh yeah, It's called typesetting not textsetting. Cough. >_>

And proofreading certainly isn't as easy as some of you people may think. It actually is better when the person besides being awesome in English knows the raw language too (japanese, chinese, whatever). It also is different from just proofreading someone's stories :P Since you have got to know what fits the situation in original best when translator messes up. To not make the characters behave OOC also. Well, except for those totally OOC doujinshi I guess.

And well, no QC position? Quality Checker in the end is quite a..need.
Need to make new sig. Soon. Maybe.
 
02-26-10, 6:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 287
Alwerien said:
Yosh. I'm certainly not applying (got two scanlation groups to slave for already) but I wish you all good luck. Just don't underestimate it.

Oh yeah, It's called typesetting not textsetting. Cough. >_>

And proofreading certainly isn't as easy as some of you people may think. It actually is better when the person besides being awesome in English knows the raw language too (japanese, chinese, whatever). It also is different from just proofreading someone's stories :P Since you have got to know what fits the situation in original best when translator messes up. To not make the characters behave OOC also. Well, except for those totally OOC doujinshi I guess.

And well, no QC position? Quality Checker in the end is quite a..need.

I've edited the first post, and added some new stuff. Hopefully it's helpful. ^^

lol xD Same here. I'm already being chained in the basement of a scanlation group.
Forced to edit Pink no Koneko doujinshi. (Yeah, that insane doujinka makes me insane. lol xD)

For the time being, we're not recruiting Quality Checker. We will when we think we'll need it later. :)
[img]http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz168/asinankurus/asinansign_01.jpg[/img]
[img]http://myanimelist.net/signature/asinankurus.png[/img][img]http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz168/asinankurus/asinansign_03.jpg[/img]
 
02-27-10, 1:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4
asinankurus said:
Reminisce said:
Hello, I'm really new here.....(cos well i joined today).....but i love kuroshitsuji.

I want to help in this project...... I'm studying japanese now, and it's been about a year and a half..... so...I might be able to help with the translating but i might not be free all the time.....

English is my first language, followed by Chinese.....so if we're going to do chinese i can help there too.....

Hello, Reminisce~! ^^
Do you know how to translate Japanese (kanji without furigana)?


Mmm.....I would say to a certain extent.....i need to see how complex they are..... but so far i've tried reading kuroshitsuji in jap and it's so far pretty comprehensible.....but so far it's for the learning experience too i guess.....
 
03-13-10, 9:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 287
I added the photos of Kuroshitsuji Anthology Comic. ^^
Photos by DominateOne's mother. lol xD
[img]http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz168/asinankurus/asinansign_01.jpg[/img]
[img]http://myanimelist.net/signature/asinankurus.png[/img][img]http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz168/asinankurus/asinansign_03.jpg[/img]
 
03-14-10, 5:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 770
I noticed that you don't have any translators, if Jap->Eng is fine i can do it.
 
03-14-10, 11:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 3038
My mommy~~ lol Is she awesome.. even thought I had to tell her how to send pic thru email ><

exec said:
I noticed that you don't have any translators, if Jap->Eng is fine i can do it.


Do you have any experience?

 
03-14-10, 1:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 770
DominateOne said:
Do you have any experience?


No, but it's my speciality, so I have to start translating, the more the better...
 
03-14-10, 1:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 3038
exec said:
DominateOne said:
Do you have any experience?


No, but it's my speciality, so I have to start translating, the more the better...


Well.. I have to scan the book first.. and glad we have a translator :D.... just so you know I don't like to rush ppl.. so three or fourth pages a week is alright.. or you can do as many as you like a week or in a day..

 
04-22-11, 8:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 67
I'm an aspiring writer. English is my first language, followed by French, Chinese, and Japanese. Though I hardly know enough to translate, I have taken 2 week courses at various colleges in order to improve my writing and sentence fluency. I would certainly be able to help with proofreading, if there are any more spots left open.
 
04-17-13, 3:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1
How can i join as a proofreader?
 
Top
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices