Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 27, 2010 4:48 AM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
Kagura89 said:
francismeunier said:
Oh nice! They look very delicious to marry but I have Sawako so I won't go further! :P They look tempting to you know.....perhaps date and more. I mean in this case both of them! :D~~

Here is something from me: Celty sure admits at least that she does have love for Shinra=>

You,over my dead body first if you want them all by yourself :P
Isn't you already have the Kirishima twins,you sly playboy~
Hold it! That is just a claim I have appreciation for them and I do also for those twins...might claim them too eventually.... :P I happen to have liking to twins ever since Darker than Black second season TBH with those twin dolls! :D

Heh,have a thing for twins didn't you XD
Well,the girls in this series sure have their own attraction thanks to Narita-sensei.Most of them even being paired e.g.ErikaxWalker,SeijixScar Girl.Others not sure though.
Feb 27, 2010 4:51 AM
Feb 2010
Durarara is really amazing.
I am loving, and enjoying each episode.
Feb 27, 2010 5:07 AM

May 2008
Mimiko said:
Kagura89 said:
Soupi said:
Wait wait where were Mairu and Kururi? I didn't see them.
Anyone have a screenshot?

Also the scene at the paper lost things where Mikado was looking. The one at the beginning where it wrote "Hanejima Yuuhei, I love you" was also the twins work :3
Hm, Mairu and Kururi? I don't know them? Who are they? o.o

Nice episode.
Hmm, what secret have Shinra?
Feb 27, 2010 5:19 AM

Jul 2009
Jonas said:
Mimiko said:
Kagura89 said:
Soupi said:

Also the scene at the paper lost things where Mikado was looking. The one at the beginning where it wrote "Hanejima Yuuhei, I love you" was also the twins work :3

Nice episode.

Feb 27, 2010 7:17 AM

Jun 2009
I really am surprised at the amount of people who are shocked about celtys head. I figured that out by episode four. Celty looking for missing head, mysterious girl with scar around her neck. It's pretty easy to connect. But I read the prologue and first chapter of the book. And the prologue was about Seiji so I have a small bit of foresight.

Celtys becoming a more lovable character with each passing episode. And as I thought, she does have a beautiful face. I loved the Irish tune that kicked in right before they showed Celtys head. At first I thought it was a remixed version of "fairytale in new york" and was about to start singing the lyrics but then it turned out not to be it.

All and all, fantastic episode.

kaydee said:
lol fangirl? Celty is not even a REAL person..this is an ANIME... so please tell me how she is going to run over me with her "shadowbike." And I don't recall insulting any character, or saying that Izaya is the only character I like. gb2/gaia

If you are only watching this show for Izaya and nobody else then you are an Izaya fangirl. You sad little creature....

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Feb 27, 2010 7:47 AM

Jun 2009
kaydee said:

Where did I say I was watching the show for Izaya and nobody else?

You just said this episode was terrible and the only reason you gave was because Izaya was not in it. So that's what gave me that impression.

Also this show is based on a Light novel, not a manga.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Feb 27, 2010 7:52 AM

Apr 2008
So Celtys head is attached to that girls body hmm...I kinda figured something like that, but now I wanna know how that girl got the head and why. It probably has something to do with that research facility thing.

Breath||
Feb 27, 2010 8:05 AM

Oct 2009
Monsta said:
So Celtys head is attached to that girls body hmm...I kinda figured something like that, but now I wanna know how that girl got the head and why. It probably has something to do with that research facility thing.
Yeah and another thing is.......Based on what Seiji's sister said does she love him more than just a sibling thing based on the following subtitles from the preview itself?=>
in other words am I detecting a form of incest?

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Feb 27, 2010 8:21 AM

Nov 2007
I love how Anri just slammed the door to Mikado's face. Mikado isn't going to make a move on Anri any second now.

Also, I'm still getting Bakemonogatari vibes from the twins.

Feb 27, 2010 9:04 AM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
Monsta said:
Yeah and another thing is.......Based on what Seiji's sister said does she love him more than just a sibling thing based on the following subtitles from the preview itself?=>

Some minor spoiler:
Kagura89Feb 27, 2010 11:56 AM
Feb 27, 2010 9:35 AM

Oct 2009
Kagura89 said:
francismeunier said:
Monsta said:

Basically,yes.It was hinted in ep 5 when Namie holding the picture frame her with Seiji with passion like lover >_>
All those question will be answered in upcoming episodes,I hope.Another interesting hint this episode that Dotachin mentions about Awakasu-kai connection with Yagiri Pharmaceutical which was been referred in three times already starting at ep 2,5 & this episode.
Oh that's just great....>_> let's see how far it will go. BTW you lost me there who or what is Awakasu-kai? Again.....

Feb 27, 2010 9:44 AM

Feb 2010
Holy shit OMFG!
Feb 27, 2010 10:14 AM

May 2008
Kagura89 said:
Jonas said:
Mimiko said:
Kagura89 said:
Soupi said:

Nice episode.

Thanks for the answer, Kagura. :3
Feb 27, 2010 10:22 AM

Mar 2008
Great EP. Selty and Shinra looks very like a couple.
Uuuuu. Another defeat Mikado. Maybe next time.

Feb 27, 2010 10:36 AM

Oct 2009
Saygram said:
I would take into consideration your logic and thinking in the spoiler and agree with it of the possibility of it. Let's see if it becomes true.

Feb 27, 2010 11:00 AM

May 2008
So Selty's head is on that other girl's body? That would explain the scars around her neck. Funky.

Yay, Izaya in the next ep <3 Missed him in this one.

Feb 27, 2010 11:08 AM
Nov 2008
KayChan4U said:
So Selty's head is on that other girl's body? That would explain the scars around her neck. Funky.

It was quite obvious from the start. Or so i thought anyway.

Even though this show progresses in a snail's pace storywise I just love every second of it. And I'm completely in love with Selty. She is just so cute it's unbearable.
Feb 27, 2010 11:26 AM

Jun 2008
francismeunier said:
Kagura89 said:
francismeunier said:
Monsta said:

Basically,yes.It was hinted in ep 5 when Namie holding the picture frame her with Seiji with passion like lover >_>
All those question will be answered in upcoming episodes,I hope.Another interesting hint this episode that Dotachin mentions about Awakasu-kai connection with Yagiri Pharmaceutical which was been referred in three times already starting at ep 2,5 & this episode.
Oh that's just great....>_> let's see how far it will go. BTW you lost me there who or what is Awakasu-kai? Again.....

Hey Kagura89! ^^
*attack you and hold for your mouth* shhh... keep quiet, you're given too much information !! :P (jk)

Yeah, next episode will explain about Namie, Seij and Mika's relationship according to the durarara official website preview. Those question will be explain faster than you think~
And Awakasu-kai were just reference in those previous episodes, not hinted anything to do with the Yagiri yet as far as I see as an anime only view :P (as a novel viewer, yeah, it hinted that way). Anyway, look forward for more of...

Feb 27, 2010 11:28 AM

Nov 2007
AidanAK47 said:
kaydee said:

You just said this episode was terrible and the only reason you gave was because Izaya was not in it. So that's what gave me that impression.

LMFAO, owned. why defend yourself, when you just admitted to everyone that you're an izayafag? :x

had to butt in, sorry lmao. izaya fangirls annoy the shit out of me too, as much as i love izaya as a character. ACTUALLY, the fanbase for drrr in general just SUCKS, orz.
Feb 27, 2010 11:45 AM

Dec 2009
I'm sort of glad that this episode went relatively smooth from all the madness this show has to offer. Glad and liked this episode.
Feb 27, 2010 11:53 AM

Jul 2009
Mimiko said:

Hey Kagura89! ^^
*attack you and hold for your mouth* shhh... keep quiet, you're given too much information !! :P (jk)

Yeah, next episode will explain about Namie, Seij and Mika's relationship according to the durarara official website preview. Those question will be explain faster than you think~
And Awakasu-kai were just reference in those previous episodes, not hinted anything to do with the Yagiri yet as far as I see as an anime only view :P (as a novel viewer, yeah, it hinted that way). Anyway, look forward for more of...

LMAO sorry I just can't resists giving people some answer XD
But all of them are just theory as I said,maybe true maybe not.Yeah next episode likely have Namie,Izaya,Scar Girl,Shizuo,Celty,Shinra&our lousy protag Mikado on the spot.BTW what the novel Dotachin read,can't see clearly +_+
Feb 27, 2010 12:30 PM

Jun 2008
Kagura89 said:
BTW what the novel Dotachin read,can't see clearly +_+

To Aru Majutsu no Index
(Volume 1, Chapter 2: The 7th-Egde) <-- details (^v^)
MimikoFeb 27, 2010 12:35 PM
Feb 27, 2010 1:01 PM

Apr 2009
I wonder where Kida ran off too..
Poor Mikado.. The irl really gets on my nerves.

It was obvious from the start that the girl had Celty's head.
Glad its out there in the open.
Feb 27, 2010 2:15 PM

Jan 2010
jog said:
AidanAK47 said:
kaydee said:

LMFAO, owned. why defend yourself, when you just admitted to everyone that you're an izayafag? :x

had to butt in, sorry lmao. izaya fangirls annoy the shit out of me too, as much as i love izaya as a character. ACTUALLY, the fanbase for drrr in general just SUCKS, orz.
This show just isn't made to have fangirl/boys.

Sooo, the girl that has a scar on her neck actually has Selty's head...
Feb 27, 2010 3:07 PM

May 2008
That girls head is actually Selty's, or what? Really starting to get confusing but it's still awsome, and I wonder how will it turn out.
Feb 27, 2010 3:20 PM

Jun 2009
Waiting for BSS is too much pain, i've seen Commie version.
Great but confusing episode, 2 Selty's?? o_O
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 27, 2010 3:25 PM

Jul 2009
OrochiPL said:
Waiting for BSS is too much pain, i've seen Commie version.
Great but confusing episode, 2 Selty's?? o_O

One the body & another one is the head(The Scar Girl)
Seiji calls that girl "Celty" is creep me out!What a fucked up guy...
Feb 27, 2010 3:27 PM

Jan 2010
The part where they revealed the girl who had Celty's head mad me maddd! There can't be two Celty's! There's one and she has the motercycle and loves Shinra. Hmph.

Oh, and I bet Anri has a reason for being such a meany. We'll just have to wait and see...
Feb 27, 2010 3:36 PM

Jun 2009
kaydee said:
jog said:

Defending myself? There isn't even anything to defend. I was simply asking them where they got that idea, as I never mentioned anything like that. Regardless of if it is based on a manga or light novel, that doesn't change the purpose of what I was trying to say.

And you were trying to say......what exactly?
If you just wanted to tell everyone here that you thought this episode was terrible then at least you could have told us why you thought it was terrible.

By the way, you have not denied being a Izaya fangirl and if you are a Izaya fangirl then you have lost all credibility to your claim.

Feb 27, 2010 3:37 PM

Jan 2010
Oh, and I just had to add that I hope this anime becomes the new best anime with a million episodes (not really that much) and an amazing dub in the years to come. This anime really has the potential for lots more episodes and i can see it as being the new 'Bleach' or "Naruto.'

(Know that I am not comparing the animes, I'm just saying that the popularities of this anime shoudl be like the popularites of the other animes in the years to come.)

Hmm, but I don't read the manga, so idk how short or long Durarara is going to be...
Feb 27, 2010 3:40 PM

Jun 2009
nicoliolipoli said:
Oh, and I just had to add that I hope this anime becomes the new best anime with a million episodes (not really that much) and an amazing dub in the years to come. This anime really has the potential for lots more episodes and i can see it as being the new 'Bleach' or "Naruto.'

So go tell Ryougo to write more of the novel... Seriously, DRRR!! as a long-time series, no, please no... -_-

nicoliolipoli said:
Hmm, but I don't read the manga, so idk how short or long Durarara is going to be...

24 episodes.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 27, 2010 4:24 PM
May 2009
Oh man, Shinra's too cute. :F so is Celty. I support this pairing, even though it is kinda "unrequired love" XD XD
Well, I guessed from the episode 7 that the mysterious girl with scar on the neck may have Celty's head, so it didn't suprised me much this time. xD
Also, big lol at Anri giving the bird to Mikado. xD
And yay for lackness of Izaya~! *doesn't like this guy* :'D
Feb 27, 2010 4:48 PM
Nov 2009
yeah the scar on her neck was a huge giveaway. should of had her wear a scarf or something to cover it up.
Feb 27, 2010 7:03 PM

Sep 2009
I has a feeling that was Selty's head.
Feb 27, 2010 8:07 PM

Aug 2009
Poor Mikado. Anri, you meanie.

Still, a great episode. It's revealed that Mika's current head, is actually Celty's head (so the head in the jar is Mika's?). This show is fast paced, and I thought it's gonna be revealed after 10 episodes.
Erika and Walker were so cute."Yumacchi"

Shinra is <333.
Feb 27, 2010 8:37 PM

Aug 2008
I'm still really suspicious of Shinra, but I loved seeing him and Celty playing house. For a chick with no head she's really cute and adorable around the house. You really feel bad for her frustration; day in, day out searching for something that no one seems to see. I even felt a little bad for Shinra after he got that unrequited love fortune cookie.

But the big thing is seeing Celty's head. If it's in her dream, then that's got to be what it looks like. This brings up at least a dozen questions. Why's her head on that girl. Why does that guy love a chick with somebody else's head? Does he know it belongs to someone else? Blah blah blah! I'm loving this show and want it to tell me more. Tell me more of this wonderful story. I'm hooked!
Feb 27, 2010 8:44 PM

Jun 2009
nicoliolipoli said:

headdesk.jpg

Celty has a very interesting personality, such an awesome yet strange character. Also, I think that the head of scar girl might just be a copy :/
Feb 27, 2010 8:47 PM

Nov 2009
Glad that while a lot of things go somewhat unanswered interesting things are still going on. Simmon rules as usual along with the rest of the cast. The themes interconnectedness and searching for the lost are fun to trace in this show.
For the head, last episode i went to the char information to check on a name to write in my post, and i accidentally discovered it that way. Glad i only ruined the plot for a single episode. ^.^
Feb 27, 2010 10:19 PM

May 2008
And here I thought that scar was a regular tattoo, Baccano style...
Feb 27, 2010 10:56 PM

Mar 2009
Whoa, at the end I was like "whaaaaat". Didn't expect that coming! I kept thinking those scars on that girl's neck was because someone had tried to strangle her... nice twist! Can't wait to see how this unfolds!

Also... wonder what was up with Kida?
Feb 27, 2010 11:08 PM
Feb 2009
kinda sl0w ep to me
Feb 27, 2010 11:40 PM

Aug 2006
Several things to say about this episode, going in order of occurence.

1. It was interesting to see Celty have a nightmare. It was just really strange to me, and awesome at the same time. You'd think I'd be used to this kind of thing after seven episodes.
2. MAID CAFE. Nuff said. *Shot*
3. Erika popped on the screen and I was like "OMG HI ERIKA" and waved to her. *HeadxDesk* Might as well put here that er dancing with Walker at the end made me happy to the point that I actually smiled.
4. The idea of her cooking was amazing and unexpected - and it made me go "HELL YEAH" and lean in to watch (especially to see her zooming down the street with a bag with onions in it). But I was really confused as to if Celty really did screw up the food she made or not. It looked fine to me! I'd eat it! Also the black ball was surprising, although not unexpected. Along with that shadow knife of awesomeness she pulled out earlier, fufu~
5. I don't understand why people would pick on Anri. I'd like background on this. And Mikado is such a good boy~ ^3^
6. The whole thing with the woman (I have this odd feeling she's a foreigner *coughamericancough* and that makes me feel bad =3=) with the notepad and sign made me really happy, because...well, I'm not really sure. It was just one of those motif-like things that makes a person like me happy. And I lol'd at "head". But i winder what Mikado means by "connections"?
7. The fortune cookies was pretty adorable too. And, of course, planned. It's one of those things where I feel like it shouldn't have been so right like that because things like that don't happen that often but I know it can't be helped because it's an anime. Am I making any sense here?
8. HOLY CRAP CELTY'S HEAD ASDFGHJKL. I was mostly surprised because my friend and I were talking on the phone after we both watched the first episode and I was like "You know that chick with the scar on her neck?", after which he said yes, and I told him this exact scenario. We spazzed over the idea for awhile. Can't wait to talk to him now. ;D

Whew, rant...Obviously I really enjoyed this episode.
Feb 28, 2010 12:58 AM

Jan 2009
woah i guess that girl could of been celty's head because of the scar around her neck.
OMGOSH i was right XD
Feb 28, 2010 1:22 AM

Sep 2008
AidanAK47 said:
kaydee said:

Looooooooool, damn kaydee you got TOLD.
Feb 28, 2010 2:39 AM

May 2007
So if Celty's head is on this girl's body.

That means that the other head in the jar, must belong to this girl.

Feb 28, 2010 3:28 AM

Oct 2007
I actually love how people over-praised the show when they actually don't even understand the episodes they are watching.

And the show itself can only be described as Discovery Channel, rather than develop the characters/plot in a proper way they let you discovery it by yourself which is making the show feel so boring half of the time.

As for episode, if Shinra is working for that company and that company is also the one responsible for Selty's head. Wouldn't that explain Shinra at least know something about Selty's head? Which is also explain why he want her to forget about her head?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 28, 2010 3:56 AM

Jul 2009
Siva said:
I actually love how people over-praised the show when they actually don't even understand the episodes they are watching.

And the show itself can only be described as Discovery Channel, rather than develop the characters/plot in a proper way they let you discovery it by yourself which is making the show feel so boring half of the time.

As for episode, if Shinra is working for that company and that company is also the one responsible for Selty's head. Wouldn't that explain Shinra at least know something about Selty's head? Which is also explain why he want her to forget about her head?

Shinra is a freelance,he's not working for them instead they approach him to do the job because he is a black market doctor.
As for the Celty head,it's possible he knew something about that but have no guts to tell her because he afraid she would leave him if she knew where to find her head.
This episode is much a build up for future event. The interesting thing in Durarara are the interconnecting relationships and the dynamics between the characters. The viewers become emotionally attached to the characters, and want to see what happens to them next, and what their future holds in this mysterious city where it feels anything can happen. The suspense and attachment is what keeps people wondered what will happen next.
Feb 28, 2010 4:19 AM

Jan 2010
TAB said:
So if Celty's head is on this girl's body.

That means that the other head in the jar, must belong to this girl.
Never thought that far ahead, but you must be right.
Feb 28, 2010 4:37 AM

Aug 2009
Does it mean Mika has Celty's head?
Feb 28, 2010 6:15 AM

Oct 2007
Kagura89 said:
The interesting thing in Durarara are the interconnecting relationships.
That is the only thing I could agree with.

Kagura89 said:
...the dynamics between the characters. The viewers become emotionally attached to the characters
I would say the characters themselves don't give a damn about what the viewers thought.

Kagura89 said:
...what their future holds in this mysterious city where it feels anything can happen. The suspense and attachment is what keeps people wondered what will happen next.
I thought they just want to live a normal life which is not the case here and rather than saying wonder what will happen next I would say when are they going to show us something interesting. As of 8 episodes so far I still haven't learn anything about the characters and the purpose for each and every character yet.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

234 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

456 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

331 by Karva1 »»
Apr 19, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.