Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 25, 2010 11:59 AM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lovely episode....it's always intriguing with the way it's directed in general. Couple more things that puzzled me were Selty's sudden usefulness in the kitchen...I mean she can suddenly make a knife with her powers (no surprise) but that she absorbed the food into this big ball of darkness and we never got to figure how that works was frustrating=>
I want to know what this does and can it work on humans? What is the mysterious purpose of this girl other than gathering people to write what they are looking/finding within the city?=>
More questions arise with what was the purpose of Mr. fireworks here to do this other than attacking the pharmacy/killing himself?=>
Selty looking at the empty spot with Shizuo......what the? Also this is 1+1= 2 logic: 1 Seiji calls that girl he loves Selty=>
but my jaw dropped when the real Selty's dream had that exact same head (which would be the other 1 and the conclusion would be that Seiji's girl has Selty's head that she wants back)=>
moreover who was that guy in Selty's past=>
and clearly that head looked exactly the same on as in the OP in that jar.....so I think I am on the right track of thinking problem is how will Seiji take all this in the end?
At least I will admit Selty looked cute with that pink nightgown here=>
Notice also that Seiji's girl did not talk at all or does not look like she can.......also how can that head function with another body?
francismeunierFeb 25, 2010 1:09 PM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Feb 25, 2010 12:27 PM
Dec 2008
I really hope the series goes on like this, I like those character centric episodes, but now that the real plot is kicking in, it's getting even better.

And poor Mikado, he does all the hard work for Anri and she's just like "oh ok whatever".
Feb 25, 2010 12:39 PM

Oct 2009
Usami-Haru said:
And poor Mikado, he does all the hard work for Anri and she's just like "oh ok whatever".
Yeah I know about that (I am back from farm inspection) Anri was so cold towards Mikado after all he did but I cannot get out of my head Celty's whole head revelations in this episode..... I am still literally in shock from it partially.

Feb 25, 2010 1:09 PM

Jun 2008
Usami-Haru said:

I was so mad at her for being like that. It was really poor Mikado since he wasted his time for her.

Anyway, this episode is lovely with a little more forward to the plot with Celty's head and the Yagiri Pharmaceuticals + Shinra's relationship with them. Good to see every main character gets their little screentime (minus Izaya, but doesn't really mind) is heaven for me =v=

Some comment for the episode: (the first one is a little spoiler though, so ignore it if you don't really know who they are ^^')
Feb 25, 2010 1:17 PM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
Yeah I know about that (I am back from farm inspection) Anri was so cold towards Mikado after all he did but I cannot get out of my head Celty's whole head revelations in this episode..... I am still literally in shock from it partially.

Yeah that's very shocking but there is a reason why the revelation occur this episode.Just wait for next episode,trust me.
Poor Mikado,all his hard work to find her shoes in vain.Anri you so mean +_+
Walker&Erika dance reminds me of infamous Isaac&Miria dance in Baccano! <3333

That poster background actually all Narita Ryougo novels such as Hariyama-san,Baccano!,Vamp!&Etsusa Bridge.

Edit:
Kagura89Feb 25, 2010 1:20 PM
Feb 25, 2010 1:25 PM

Oct 2009
Kagura89 said:
francismeunier said:

Kagura89 said:
Yeah that's very shocking but there is a reason why the revelation occur this episode.Just wait for next episode,trust me.
Poor Mikado,all his hard work to find her in vain.Anri you so mean +_+
Yeah that was really cold of Anri....oh boy next episode will be getting exciting then the way you are saying this.

Kagura89 said:
Walker&Erika dance reminds me of infamous Isaac&Miria dance in Baccano! <3333
There must be GIF of that soon to be done.
Mimiko said:

Ok so who are they please someone tell me.
Mimiko said:
- Walker accidently got to a maid café was lol

Yeah that was funny...maids!
Mimiko said:
- I found Shizuo and Celty together this episode was cute until Shizuo just got to "ruin" it when he smacked her on the back which brought me to laugh hard xD

Yeah that a little strange and I feared the helmet would fall out.
Mimiko said:
- The ending was a nice touch with the music and Celty's head being reveal.

Yeah....beautiful..... *tear drop*
Mimiko said:
- Mika being refer as Celty by Seji made me go wtf. This sure is a messed up love relationship <.<

Oh yeah....I was like D: With my jaw dropped.

Feb 25, 2010 1:51 PM

Jun 2008

Love the gif <3

I was sure Celty got hurt a little when Shizuo did that xD
As for the girls
Feb 25, 2010 5:38 PM

Oct 2009
Ok GIFs are done.....they are the famous dance of Erika x Walker=>
What else but Selty's time for them=>

Feb 25, 2010 8:43 PM
Jun 2008
The head is revealed !!!
Feb 26, 2010 2:37 AM

Nov 2007
Selty is 365 years old? Wow...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 26, 2010 11:58 AM

Aug 2009
^^Shinra must reeally be into older women

-I wasn't sure what the notebook girl (apparently her name was Shiri) was supposed to be doing. I guess she was the representation that nearly everyone in Ikebukuro is connected somehow in various ways and the people she met reflected that but I was confused about her herself being there. Ah well. I don't think we'll see her again.

-I bet Kida was doing badass things offscreen.

-So I'm assuming this pharmaceutical company is the enemy given how they seem to be up to nefarious deeds. If they ask for memory erasure, there's something more going on here than meets the eye. Speaking of Shinra, "Unrequited Love." Ouch....

-Could Celty be any more moe? Terrified of aliens and is a great cook? That headless thing is really getting in the way...well it would be except that....

-I guess if you had watched the OP and thought hard enough about Brains Base's style when it comes to those, you would know that they like to leave clues about the characters in the OP as they did with Baccano. I, of course, forgot this so it wasn't a "shock" but just a little surprising that as it turned out, the scar-neck girl is in fact Certy's head as confirmed by her dream. So what, does that mean she going to chop off her head if she finds it?
garfield15Feb 26, 2010 12:03 PM
Feb 26, 2010 12:23 PM

Nov 2008
This episode was pretty darn boring if you ask me. Coming off the heels of the ''Shizuo'' episode I was hoping for something more eventful. But the next episode does look like it'll be interesting.
Feb 26, 2010 12:47 PM

Dec 2009
I want my subs now!
Feb 26, 2010 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
Mimiko said:
Usami-Haru said:

I was so mad at her for being like that. It was really poor Mikado since he wasted his time for her.

I was also so pissed off, i can't bear her and i hate her.

So finally, the head was revealed, i'm quite surprised i didn't expect this. Though i had some suspicions about this thanks to the scar in the girl's neck. But i also wonder how Seiji know Selty ?
Feb 26, 2010 1:39 PM

Aug 2009
Digital subs have it out on Nyaatorrents if anyone wants to try them.
I'd rather wait for gg though.
Feb 26, 2010 2:09 PM

Dec 2007
Lol at Shinra reading the expression of Selty.

The interaction between them is awesome.

Can't wait for the next episode to come out.
Feb 26, 2010 2:11 PM

Jul 2009

Alexander Anderson ofc XD
Feb 26, 2010 2:16 PM

Dec 2009
garfield15 said:
-I wasn't sure what the notebook girl (apparently her name was Shiri) was supposed to be doing. I guess she was the representation that nearly everyone in Ikebukuro is connected somehow in various ways and the people she met reflected that but I was confused about her herself being there. Ah well. I don't think we'll see her again.
just one of the elegant little details in this show...? ...loved it.

garfield15 said:
I bet Kida was doing badass things offscreen.
can't wait to find out!
Feb 26, 2010 2:30 PM

Apr 2009
wow awesome episode o_O
best in a while
Feb 26, 2010 2:37 PM

Jun 2008
omg, Shinra and Selty are so cuuuute. <3 OTP~!
Feb 26, 2010 2:39 PM

Apr 2008
DrakeWants2Speak said:
This episode was pretty darn boring if you ask me. Coming off the heels of the ''Shizuo'' episode I was hoping for something more eventful. But the next episode does look like it'll be interesting.

Ya, I agree. I still enjoyed it, though, but it needed more Shizuo.
Feb 26, 2010 2:58 PM

Aug 2009
OK So I couldn't wait for gg. xD
Though with Digital subs, I had to use a magnifying glass to read the subs.

Not much action but I enjoyed it. I wasn't much at shock with the whole celty's head confirmation thing. It was a little obvious if you ask me. Anyways, yes, hows Seiji going to deal with this? And I get a vibe that his sister is EVIL.

I feel for Shinra. ='(
Unrequited love. It's not impossible. So what if she's headless? He understand her so well..
A good guy forced to be mixed with bad ones. I bet he'll be the first one to betray the pharmaceuticals when it comes to Celty. Heh.

No Izaya in this episode. T_T
Can't wait for the next episode though. Looks like he's got his jacket off in it. <3

Ok Anri, if a guy stays in the school the whole day looking for MY lost shoes, i'd just go head over heels for him rather than being a bitch and shutting the door on his face.

SPOILER ahead but you prolly won't understand it.
Feb 26, 2010 3:23 PM
Nov 2008
X_X Yagiri's Selty is amazing.
Feb 26, 2010 3:29 PM

Aug 2009
This is the first episode I've fully enjoyed. I love Celty. She's so awesome.
Feb 26, 2010 3:30 PM

Dec 2009
k0k0 said:
I feel for Shinra. ='(
Unrequited love. It's not impossible. So what if she's headless? He understand her so well..
A good guy forced to be mixed with bad ones. I bet he'll be the first one to betray the pharmaceuticals when it comes to Celty. Heh.
i'm not sure he is a good guy, but i'm on his side anyway...
... was it bad luck to swallow the fortune?
Feb 26, 2010 3:58 PM
Feb 2010
Zekses said:

Alexander Anderson ofc XD

Oh I lol'd xD!! That's one interesting crossover right there!

The episode wasn't crazy-exciting, but I still really liked it :O!! Such cuteness~ Shinra and Celty! Walker and Erika! Mikado and Anri! But ooo bitchy at the end there... though I get the feeling she's just really shy or something? o.o Though she wasn't blushing... hmm =__= And what was up with Kida? D: He's normally so peppy but he was all *glare* at Mikado... Thats not nice Kida, he's your BFF!! :C

But awwwww Shinra!! He's so sweet... And when he omnom'd that fortune, I was so sad for him ;__;!!

When Walker burst into that maid cafe yelling about his phone, I lol'd xD!!
Feb 26, 2010 4:23 PM

Feb 2009
Less exciting than Shizuo's episode, but it was really filled with good information. Something good is coming along.

Feb 26, 2010 5:18 PM

Aug 2008
MY GOD! that's her HEAD!
how come? o.O'
Feb 26, 2010 5:30 PM

Jun 2009
Wait wait where were Mairu and Kururi? I didn't see them.
Anyone have a screenshot?
Feb 26, 2010 5:38 PM

Feb 2010
Rail_Tracer said:
I want my subs now!

http://www.watchanimeon.com/durarara-episode-8/
... am i too late?

Feb 26, 2010 5:48 PM

Oct 2009
I enjoyed this episode, though it was slow-paced. I felt like last week's was much slower (it actually took me two viewings to watch), but I'm not as huge a Shizuo fan as some I guess.

SHINRA! GROW A CONSCIENCE PLEASE. It's obvious he is working with the scientists doing human experimentation. He also almost certainly knows where Celty's head is (in fact he is probably the one who put it on that girl's body). I still like him, but I really hope that there is more to him than there seems to be.
Feb 26, 2010 5:48 PM

Nov 2008
I think it's most likely Selty will not get her head back which kind of sucks for Shinra if you know what I mean. Not that he prefers her without a head but, damn, you know what I mean.

Ya know... considering how Baccano had a happy ending for all the characters or just by the relationship of the dude that's with the chick using Selty's head, there's a 75% chance she won't get her head in my opinion.

I hope she still gets it though.
Feb 26, 2010 5:59 PM

Jul 2009
Soupi said:

Feb 26, 2010 6:06 PM

Jun 2009
Kagura89 said:
Soupi said:

Oh cool, thanks. :D
I hope they get a proper introduction soon.
Feb 26, 2010 6:09 PM

Aug 2008
The head is finally revealed! So that's why that girl had a scar on her neck. Now whose head is it in the container?..
Feb 26, 2010 6:55 PM

Jul 2008
Why does that girl have Selty''s head??
Feb 26, 2010 7:08 PM

Feb 2008
So this episode just confirmed what was obvious to me from the start, that the girl with the scar around her neck has Selty's head. It did raise up a few questions for me though. Maybe I should start paying more attention to this show haha.

I'm curious about Seiji (that was his name right?). I wonder what his past relationship or knowledge of the real Selty is. It just seems odd that he would call that person Selty when she clearly does not have Selty's consciousness/personality/whatever. Unless he's aware of it and just has a strange sense of humor. And the other girl (I'm sorry I forgot her name)...where is her head if she has Selty's? (maybe it's the one in the container?) Either way I wouldn't doubt that those two are somehow in cahoots with Shinra. His consistent hints that Selty should accept her current headless state are sending off warning bells for me.

Anri was kind of rude to Mikado but at the same time I think it was a bit much on his part to go so far trying to help her. Spending extra time searching and then going to her house is a little weird imo. It's not like she asked him to go that far. She probably was surprised. Sure, she could have been more gracious, but her reaction of closing the door seems pretty plausible in that situation.

Anyway, definitely enjoyed this episode more than the last one. Shizuo is great for fulfilling my fanservice requirements but Selty and Shinra's dynamic is much more interesting and better at holding my attention. I'm on team Selty~
Feb 26, 2010 7:09 PM

Jul 2008
Shinra is officially my favorite character now. I loved the fortune cookie part. :)
Feb 26, 2010 7:27 PM

May 2009
Scary sushi, but accurate fortunes, hmmm... Loved the Celty-focused episode. No head, but wonderful personality. The revelation wasn't a big shocker. As others have said, the clues were there. I don't envy Shinra's situation, but things can't continue as they are.

I'm sure there's a good reason for Anri's cold exterior, but it would be nice to know why. Regardless, Mikado deserved better. A lot better!

And Walker x Erica is love. So great together.
Feb 26, 2010 7:38 PM

Aug 2009
francismeunier said:
Ok GIFs are done.....they are the famous dance of Erika x Walker=>
As a fanboy of Erika & Walker, I can't help but think this scene is the cutest.

Also, definitely thought Simon's special sushi was hilarious (sour cream on rice?), and in a way Celty throwing the food she made for Shinra into a shadowball. I thought it was pretty cold of Anri not to be more sincere about getting her shoes back, but I'm more curious about who Kida was chasing after upon hearing about the missing shoes. And about the human experiments, they seem like they're pulling the strings behind some of the show's secrets (the supernatural stuff, the gangs involved in abductions, using people as "product", etc.)
Feb 26, 2010 8:03 PM

Feb 2008
Holy when they guy called the girl celty my jaw literally dropped! What a twist! How unexpected!

This anime is amazing!
Feb 26, 2010 8:28 PM

Sep 2008
I am still in shock about the last part. I KNEW that girl had something to do with Celty, but I just thought she was another fairy who found her head. But damn! that's crazy! Now question is, what happened to THAT body's head??
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2010 8:47 PM

Jan 2010
It was confirmed that Mika's head is really Celty's head, interesting!

I was sad to see absolutely no Izaya, though. ;___; But he's in the preview for the next episode, squee~

Anri seemed like such a bitch in this episode. o_o Mikado spent all day looking for her shoes and when she gets them she just acted kind of cold and ungrateful.
Feb 26, 2010 8:56 PM

Mar 2009
1/3 into the season of anime.... AND THIS is the best anime of the year.. hands down. Echoing everyone else what they have said especially the last few minutes.. That's her head?! WHOA! *drops jaw* Very interesting.. especially where is Mika's head at? In the chop shop known as Yagiri Pharmaceuticals? --- Randy
Feb 26, 2010 9:03 PM

Aug 2009
I think y'all are being a bit hard on Sonohara. She's not ungrateful, she's just not ready to open up to other people yet. We still have 2/3 of the series to go; give it some time.

-Walker and Erika are too cute. For reals.
-Shinra is officially woobie status for me. Poor guy can't catch a break.
-On the recent Celty's Head developments: Bwaaaaauuh? (generic confusion noise)

I love this show.
Ha-cha!
Feb 26, 2010 9:47 PM

Nov 2007
surprisingly, this week's episode wasn't as epic as last week's. IT'S A PRETTY HARD EPISODE TO TOP, considering how awesome shizuo is. 8D

i did like the shinra/celty moments though. BUT FFFFF. that "unrequited love" scene broke my heart. ;AAA;
Feb 26, 2010 10:01 PM

Aug 2007
Mika's real head is probably in the container

Feb 26, 2010 10:21 PM

Feb 2008
This show. <3

Poor Shinra. ;A;
Hopefully his love can be fully returned!

Also loved the Shizuo-Celty scene.
Feb 26, 2010 10:25 PM

Feb 2010
yeah, this anime looks funny and good, i think im going to watch it soon
Rebellion Estate
Feb 26, 2010 11:40 PM

Oct 2009
Mayora-Hime said:
Now question is, what happened to THAT body's head??

probably the one in the glass container at the yagiri pharma place...
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

330 by Beatnik »»
Feb 25, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

455 by ryzxgum »»
Jan 19, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Mar 31, 2010

336 by 2life »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.