Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 10, 2011 6:43 PM

Feb 2008
They're such a cute couple!!! I hope they'll get together, Chizu and Ryuu.
Who was on the phone at the end? Was it Touru or Kazehaya? '-'
※何時も支えて呉れる人達に
日頃の思いを込めた RHAPSODY
APPRECIATION の気持を届け
何時もありがとう、本当ありがとう
仮令どこに立って君の存在に感謝してるよ※

Dec 23, 2011 9:39 AM

May 2009
Ryuu needs to confess, seriously -.-

Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I'm not living.

Jan 27, 2012 7:48 AM
Jul 2018

Chizu is so cute when she's crying~!
removed-userJan 27, 2012 7:52 AM
Feb 28, 2012 1:30 AM

Sep 2011
That was sad when Ryu walked away while Chizu was crying. :(
Mar 1, 2012 12:47 PM

May 2011
ah man that ryuu. i guess it does suit his character to handle a situation like this tho, but man so much suspense XD

and gotta love that quality friendship those 3 share, its rly touching :)
Aug 2, 2012 9:54 AM

Jul 2010
Ooh, I really wonder what's gonna happen between Tohru and Chizu. This looks suuuper interesting. I didn't think he'd actually care about her that much. Cheering her up maybe? Hrmm. Gotta watch next ep. :O
Oct 22, 2012 10:18 AM

Jan 2011
Ryuu just needs to say what he wants to say and quick, this is causing a lot of sorrow for both of them.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 26, 2013 3:44 PM

Oct 2011
Another great episode. I teared up when Chizu said "I wanted to hand him that gift with a smile on my face" T____T really hoping Chizu and Ryu resolve this soon.
May 6, 2013 6:00 PM

Nov 2012
That was a pretty funny episode, love the characters.
Jul 28, 2013 9:08 AM

Jun 2010
ryuus kinda annoying me how he wont speak up about anything
Aug 3, 2013 5:36 AM

Apr 2013
Chizuru and Ryu!!!

4/5

Aug 13, 2013 4:02 PM
Jan 2013
True that he's taking it slow to confess, but I guess it's ok in this situation, I mean it would go to waste now, since she'll see Tohru in few days again.

Those episodes are way to short and too good as well... the need to watch every episode over right after finishing it.
Apr 11, 2014 12:42 AM

Jan 2008
Grrrrrr sadness I really wanted them to well Ryu tell Chizu that he has feelings for her but at the same time I think I understand why he didnt but still I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what was about to happen but its fine just cant wait for the next episode
May 17, 2014 8:33 PM

Aug 2013
I... I almost cried :(
But I was able to hold it :P

In the end, she cracked up. But it would have scared me if she wouldn't have.

Poor Ryu. I mean, I think that what he wanted to tell her is that he was relieved that she could now give up on his brother so she could start looking at him. But he's too much of a shy guy, words won't come out.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 23, 2014 4:27 AM

Jan 2014
So much feels TT__TT
C'mon Ryu, now tell her already!!
Aug 17, 2014 11:31 PM

Nov 2012
Oh wow... Chizou is strong >.< The way she is, is so real. I bet almost all girls tries so hard to keep everything in.
At least Ryu is handling this really well.. kinda.
Dec 5, 2014 3:07 PM

Apr 2014
so in the end Ryuu actually did take the breads
Jan 16, 2015 2:26 AM

Jan 2013
And she finally cried.
Although Ryu's actions are a mystery to me.
He goes to her, he does nothing, then he's happy (even if I know why, but still)...
Apr 3, 2015 7:26 PM

Jun 2013
Good thing Chizuru is back with her old-self at the last part.

I feel so bad for Ryu. It's like he's carrying all the weight of his problem. He's so stoic and calm throughout all this. That's why I adore him. Keep holding on, Ryu!
Oct 8, 2015 12:34 AM

May 2015
To me this feels a little late in the game. I would've like to have seen Chizu x Ryuu earlier on. A little slow, but not a terrible episode.
Jan 22, 2016 3:47 PM

Nov 2011
I can't bring myself to dislike how Ryu handled the situation since he was being so honest about it. He may not have much tact, but I don't think that was necessarily needed here.

At least Chizu finally let it out.
Feb 28, 2016 5:58 AM

Mar 2014
New year's Consideration and Confession .
"Baseball Freakazoid" . "Cheerful Jeans" .
If only they cut the unnecessary threads out and start sewing the important ones.
The Mild Breakdown .
Very GREAT Episode !!! Mukatsuku ~ !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2018 5:45 PM

Oct 2017
Chizu is still hurting over the Toru situation and can’t sleep. She finds herself running to Ryu’s house and finds him waiting for her at his door. She’s angry at him because she feels like he was pitying her for not telling her about his brother. He tells her he’s relieved because now she can forget about Toru. Chizu gets mad and throws her stuff at Ryu, running away. He sees one of the things she had was her gift to him.

Ayane and Sawako are still feeling hopeless because they don’t know how to comfort Chizuro. They let Kazehaya in on the whole situation and he thinks they should just keep doing as they are. That Chizu will be just fine, because she has friends like them.
That seemed to lift both of their moods.

The mood between Chizu and Ryu hasn’t lightened up any since they last saw each other. She’s completely avoiding him, though it’s pretty easy to see how much he wanted to talk to her. He eventually stops her in a hallway and they end up having a big argument over his brother. At least she’s finally getting her feelings out.

Chizu runs away again but Ayane and Sawako catch up to her. Lol poor Sawako can’t hold her tears in. In turn, it made Chizu cry too. In fact, she ended up finally shedding everything she’s felt up till now to them. They were so happy she finally confided in them. About Ryu, his brother, and everything else. As they’re walking home, Chizu mentions that it was Sawako’s tears that made her cry and bring her feelings out in the open. Now, she feels much happier. I just hope things get better between her and Ryu.
Feb 3, 2019 9:09 PM

Jul 2016
Well, Ryuu isn't exactly the best with words. Not to mention that he can be extremely honest but if that's the only way for him to make Chizu cry and so that, she can get over it... I guess it's fine.

Chizu also definitely needed to let it out of her system and it all ended up being such a great scene, I really loved how Chizu's outburst was handled. Props to her VA as well.
Jan 11, 2020 7:02 PM
Apr 2016
Ryu's honesty was scary! But I'm glad he gave utmost sincerity rather than just fake insincere pity.
Oct 8, 2020 7:17 PM

Jun 2020
ryuu taking one for the team

LOL

oh god at people who don't understand what kind of guy ryuu is. not everyone is vocal about their feelings or express themselves well. i actually think it's realistic & mature that he doesn't just straight up confess. who would still confess when you already know they treat you as a sibling/currently have no romantic feelings for you. she probably does deep down but from ryuu's perspective he thinks she doesn't. and he knows it's probably not the right time as she's feeling so upset about his brother.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 2, 2021 2:42 PM

Aug 2017
Damn, Chizuru crying was really sad but I'm glad she and Ryu could talk at the end.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 2, 2021 4:06 PM

Jan 2021
Just a few more episodes left.
And I just want Ryuu x Chizuru to get together already!!
Jul 26, 2021 1:18 PM

Jun 2020
TowardsTheStars said:
That was a lot of bread.

Chizuru needs to Say No to Comfort Eating!

It's always a joy to see Ryu telling it like it is.

Hopefully Chizu-chan will come to appreciate that in a relationship, a man like Ryu who never lets a false word pass his lips is worth a thousand flatterers with empty compliments and fake empathy.
BritishBlitz87Jul 29, 2021 5:30 PM
Old is Gold

"Look, look, we can do spinning shots without wasting our entire budget"
"Did you see? Look, it's all smooth and everything !"
"You're not looking, please, it's SO AWESOME LOOK AT HOW SPINNY IT IS!!!!"

- All anime animators since the invention of CGI.
Mar 28, 2022 10:34 AM

May 2016
This episode got me way better than I ever thought, almost made me tear up.
May 25, 2022 1:25 AM

Aug 2016
Ryuu being brutally honest, Chizuru didn't really get what he really meant though.

“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Apr 9, 2023 8:41 AM

Feb 2019
I like Ryuu but seriously dude? Why was he such a jerk this episode?

My heart broke for Chizuru when she went all out on him.
Now I think she deserves a better guy.
Both brothers having her heart broken is so unfair. 
She's a girl so go easy on her. She has feelings too, ugh! 

Sep 16, 2023 11:41 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Chizu tears, finally she spoke with the heart!!! kekeke
Sep 16, 2023 11:42 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Reply to francismeunier
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Quite the emotional one with Ryuu x Chizuru but also with Chizuru and her friends Sawako/Ayane. Liked how Ryuu grabbed Chizuru's arm=>
but Chizuru clearly blew up in this episode. Not only that but the most emotional was probably this part=>
apart from that I liked Kazehaya's wise word around this part=>
Other than that I clearly would have liked Ryuu to confess but clearly he is getting more hurt with Chizuru's words. Also my dear cried too much in this episode....she has clearly developed too much her emotions and this might a consequence of it. Why do I have the impression the art is a little bad in this one....I don't mind it but wondering what others think about that.
tense image!!! kekeke
Sep 16, 2023 11:42 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Reply to xxMoonlightxx
eh it was alright, i want something to happen between kazaheya and sawako :S
All is important, is time to the "seconds"! kekeke
Sep 16, 2023 11:43 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Reply to Spiritsoul
Just 4 more episodes :'(.
I hope they're gonna make a 2nd season!
Bit a bit and with intensity ;)
kekeke
Nov 21, 2023 2:51 AM

Oct 2022
Sometimes you gotta be rough with someone that bottles everything up...I think that's what Ryu was aiming for here, break Chizu's bottle so she can't hold it in.
UndefeatedBahamut
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

francismeunier - Mar 30, 2010

369 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2010

161 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Mar 2, 2010

161 by BurningSapphires »»
Mar 6, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

maji_saikou - Nov 10, 2009

250 by nxtsue »»
Mar 5, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jakeki - Mar 9, 2010

169 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 1, 6:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.