Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 25, 2010 12:07 PM

Nov 2008
i like that they kept in ed's lion king and donkey kong nicknames xD lol
Feb 25, 2010 5:23 PM

Feb 2009
Anyone else think that the choice of music for the Olivier/Alex fight was HILARIOUS?

Good episode all around, though they REALLY should have properly introduced Mei way back in the beginning. The whole Youswell scene felt kind of awkward.

Also, Izumi's appearance in Briggs was funnier in the manga...

Feb 26, 2010 6:35 AM

Oct 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
Now that I think about it, it really feels like "24", like many different fronts happening at the same time that will all meld together at one point. There's tension in the air for sure. <3

You know, even though I don't watch a whole lot of American primetime television (gotta get around to watching House again), the fact you compared Brotherhood to 24 brings up an interesting thought. If you were to compare the first anime adaptation to an American primetime show, which one would it be? Like you would say "Brotherhood is to 24 as the first anime is to...." Something like that.
ArnoldK said:
Anyone else think that the choice of music for the Olivier/Alex fight was HILARIOUS?

Hell yes! Personally I like Alex and give him a lot of props and after seeing him being thrown like a rag-doll made me despearately root for the underdog.

But yeah, it's like one of those wacky moments where a couple of characters create mindless destruction in the scene and the people nearby the event are just minding their own business casually. It's like one of the past episodes of Durarara in which I can't remember exactly what happens, but Izaya happened to be acting non-chalant and smirking on the street and as he walks away, another character, Shizuo thorws an oversized applaince out of frea-king nowhere! And Izaya hardly even reacts!!
HypeathonFeb 26, 2010 6:44 AM
Feb 26, 2010 10:25 PM

Feb 2008
Absolutely loved the animation for the Greed-Wrath fight at the beginning. So action-packed!

Can't wait for the next episode! :D
Feb 27, 2010 1:59 AM

Nov 2008
Oh did I mention it's my favourite episode after the 1st one XPP
Feb 27, 2010 4:54 PM

Jul 2008
greed has gone his separate way after his epic fight with bradley
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Feb 27, 2010 6:36 PM

Aug 2008
Plenty of information and setup, but I can't complain. This episode gave me everything I needed. Watching Wrath in action will leave your mouth agape. The idea of Ed working under Greed brings a smile to my face for whatever reason.
Feb 27, 2010 11:53 PM

May 2009
The opening fight between Ling and Wrath was blazing fast. I loved it. No talking, just pure adrenaline pumping action. Take note anime people! This is how you do it :D

May Chang is back. I hate that stupid girl. I hope Envy eats her or something. She should've just gone back to her damn country *gaaaah*

Olivier and Alex give new meaning to the term sibling rivalry. That was hilarious. Talk about dysfunctional families xD;

So the pieces are in place :D
Now it's time to wage WAR! Hell yeah!
Go Go Go!!! I'm all hyped-up for the next episode.
Feb 28, 2010 5:59 PM

Apr 2008
That was awesome. I love how they made a montage out of the ending, instead of the usual visuals.
Mar 2, 2010 9:22 AM

Feb 2009
Wow, just wow! Amazing how every episode manages to be even more interesting than the last one!

The initial fight was incedible with top-notch animation, and the message scenes were amazingly well-done!

As someone has said previously, this is leading to the climax, can't wait.
Mar 6, 2010 8:04 AM

Aug 2007
Uwah, awesome episode. I loved the with between Bradley and Greed. Yay, Greedling joins Ed. The fight between Olivier and Alex was hilarious.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Mar 15, 2010 12:29 AM

Jul 2008
Just a small thought on the future:

I love the Armstrong family. That was a beautiful fight.

Greedling :D

Seeing all the puzzle pieces fitting together is just :D I love this series so much.

BEGINNER
Mar 15, 2010 11:07 PM

Jul 2009
omg...the ending was so exciting and cool XD
Mar 25, 2010 8:53 AM

Aug 2009
The most badass episode of Brotherhood!!!!!!
Especially the ED, I actually jump out of my seat when that song hit.
But the scene where Greed vs Bradley was pretty awesome and Greed got a new name, Greeling, or as Ed pronounce it Guriring, isn't that nice XD
Mar 25, 2010 8:55 AM

Aug 2009
honey88foru said:
The opening fight between Ling and Wrath was blazing fast. I loved it. No talking, just pure adrenaline pumping action. Take note anime people! This is how you do it :D

May Chang is back. I hate that stupid girl. I hope Envy eats her or something. She should've just gone back to her damn country *gaaaah*

Olivier and Alex give new meaning to the term sibling rivalry. That was hilarious. Talk about dysfunctional families xD;

So the pieces are in place :D
Now it's time to wage WAR! Hell yeah!
Go Go Go!!! I'm all hyped-up for the next episode.

I second that!!!!!
Mar 25, 2010 8:55 AM

Oct 2008
Ni_tamashi said:
The most badass episode of Brotherhood!!!!!!
Especially the ED, I actually jump out of my seat when that song hit.
But the scene where Greed vs Bradley was pretty awesome and Greed got a new name, Greeling, or as Ed pronounce it Guriring, isn't that nice XD

trust me . . . It just gets better from here on
Apr 5, 2010 3:03 PM

Oct 2007
Glad to see Greed join Ed's side.. nice powerful guy to use..

Help me get Bioware Bazaar points.. trying to win a desktop.. thanks for everyone that clicks on the link! Currently at 8620 tokens!

http://social.bioware.com/brc/300527

Prize List:
http://social.bioware.com/auction_rules.php#prizes
Apr 29, 2010 11:35 PM

Sep 2009
Awesome episode specially with the fight scene :D
greedling has joined Al and the chimeras which is awesome :D
the whole exchange of information scenes were awesome :)
the preview for the next episode looks good and the armstrongs are so weird xD
an elephant as a souvenir? xD

May 10, 2010 2:54 AM

May 2008
The epicness of this show haha xD

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 21, 2010 3:56 AM

Sep 2009
This episode was certainly epic. Looks like next episode, Ed and Winry get to see each other again.
May 22, 2010 4:34 PM

Oct 2009
This is very exciting to follow!
Jul 10, 2010 5:23 PM

Aug 2009
WOW I LOVED HOW THEY USE ALL THESE SECRET CODE TO PASS THE INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROMISED DAY, VERY INTERESTING WOW LOL. I guess it's all going to happen on the promised day huh? I'll be waiting for that then.

Anyways, Ed and Greed joining forces together? I guess Ed won't be seen for a while. I bet he'll suddenly pop up out of nowhere during a battle or something. As the elders say, good heroes always come late.

So North and East are joining forces together. Wow I seriously can't wait for them to bring down the Central army. Also there's Scar too. But I'm still wondering if Olivier really joined with the central. I'm hoping not since she's a force to be reckoned with.
Jul 11, 2010 11:40 AM

Aug 2008
I absolutely loved this episode. That fight scene between Wrath and Greed was fuckin' amazing. Just in awe o' the animation. Bones♥. Izumi gettin' into Griggs again was pretty funny.

Olivier and Alex made this episode though. I love them. This is soo gearing up. It's gettin' intense.
Dec 2, 2010 7:14 AM

Dec 2008
That fight between Greed and Wrath was awesome!
Olivier just repeatedly PWNED Alex! That was great to watch!!
Mar 20, 2011 4:59 PM

Mar 2010
ah lets see how this all plays out

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 23, 2011 11:40 PM

Oct 2010
I totally loved this episode! Loved how the information about The Promised Day was passed around. <3

And the Armstrong family! I just love them. Everyone's so lovable. *w*
- How their mother just opens the safe and packs all their money, lol.
- "What should we get them for souvenirs?" "How about elephants? They're big and strong." "I'd like an elephant, too!" MAN THEY'RE RICH.
[insert awesome signature here]
Jul 17, 2011 4:05 PM

May 2010
Great Episode.
Jul 20, 2011 4:18 AM

Dec 2010
Ahahahah, this time Wrath wasn't even close to defeating Greed. Ed working under Greed... I couldn't wish for something better! Ed preparing rebellion all over the country... he sure is cool!
Aug 8, 2011 12:43 AM
Jul 2010
Wrath vs. Greed was amazing. As was pretty much everything that happen in this episode (but come on May, you're way to easy to manipulate...). Though my favorite part had to be the information exchange about the promised day. The way this anime portrays that kind of scenes is simple awesome^^
Aug 19, 2011 8:50 AM

May 2010
Alex got tossed...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 13, 2011 11:24 PM

May 2011
Now THIS is how you do a "build-up" episode successfully.

5/5

Too much epic to discuss at once.
Dec 16, 2011 11:49 AM

Aug 2010
Ok, Greed is my favorite without a doubt.

Amazing episode. So much happened.
Feb 2, 2012 2:15 PM

Sep 2010
Roy Mustang and Riza hawkeye should totally end up together.
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Feb 15, 2012 11:44 PM
Jan 2012
What an amazing episode,The Greed x Wraith fight made become a total fanboy of greed "as if i wasn't already" and now hes on ed's side :D:D:D:D

Ling and Greed are my fav characters and its even cooler that there both combined ^_^
May 19, 2012 1:13 PM

Sep 2011
So weird seeing armstrong getting demolished... by a woman.
Jun 25, 2012 7:52 PM

Jun 2009
Man, that fight between Greed and Bradley was great. This series doesn't have as many action scenes compared to most shounen of this type, but when it does it's usually fantastic. So many interesting things going on, it feels really epic in scope with all the characters coming into play.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 13, 2012 8:37 AM

May 2012
Great episode everyone helping each other passing a message through! The fight with both Armstrong siblings was quite something and it seems May has gone back to Central maybe been tricked by envy but still good that she'll be back in the episodes!

Either way lovely episode!
Oct 23, 2012 2:13 PM

Aug 2012
I have to say, the opening fight sequence involving Greed and Wrath was by far one of the best I have ever seen.
Oct 27, 2012 2:19 AM

May 2012
LAWLS, greed and Ed working together, this' gonna be awesome (;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2012 11:22 PM

Jul 2009
the battle with Greed and King Bradley was awesome!!

stupid Pride, don't interfere with this.

not to mention it seems he shield is much stronger compared back then.

since Bradley was able to slice his head with ease.

Olivier tried to retire her father just so they can place them in a safe place.

funny their father is the same voice actor as Alex :P

like father like son ^^

kinda funny how the battle was happening while the family make it look like nothing's happening XD

good to see Catherine here :)

she had a great episode on first season.

poor Alex being thrown all over the mansion, the fountain everywhere XD

that smirk in Olvier's face is soo good :D

poor May Chang, when everyone is kind to her.

guess she needs to protect them despite her clan at the verge of extinction.

damn Envy don't plan anything suspicious :P

nice so Ling can still take over his body huh ^^

so Ling manage to pass the information about the "Day"

what is "Father" hoping to achieve by opening the gate?

to get more power? etc??

King of the World :D

funny seeing Ed bow out to Greed :D

Greedlin??

nice ring to it ^^

seeing them team up is amazing :)

you'll pay Homunculus :P

haha i thought the person that assaulted the northern region was scar.

it was actually Izumi XD

i wonder if Izumi told them they've she's been stealing their goods back then :P

everyone's preparing for the day :P

Grumman must be resting huh :D

such a badass tapping Rebecca's ass like that :)

hehe Rebecca passing the message to Black Hayate ^^

same with Havoc and his cigarettes.

so in Spring both north and east will collide huh?

Gluttony is alive!!

guess we won't be seeing Lust since her stone was destroyed :(

amazing stuff, i wonder what happens on that day.

this series is just amazing, wish we have more of this nowadays.

on to the next one :)
Dec 15, 2012 5:04 AM
Apr 1, 2013 12:54 PM
Apr 2012
I just can't believe Alex was being played around with like that by his sister.... Was he holding back? If not then she is pretty damn monstrous haha
Morani90Apr 5, 2013 3:59 PM
Apr 2, 2013 6:20 PM

Jun 2012
Jun 28, 2013 10:21 AM

Nov 2012
Ugh! Can't believe Envy tricked May like that! She's just going to put herself in more danger now.
Aug 5, 2013 11:20 AM
Sep 2012
Boring episode but the last 5 minutes made up for it.

Both fight scenes felt meh, this series right now is suffering from fatigue, there's not a single fight or conflict that would seem genuine or be exciting, nobody has been really f**ed over by someone else.

The only thing that seems well built up is the big war between everyone and the Father's side. Some intelligent hints and good tension a bit by bit.

Mustang's group is back and they are by far the most interesting part of the plot (I don't think I liked them that much in the first half aside from Havoc).

4/5
Oct 25, 2013 4:19 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Is General Oliva an alchemist too? Or was Alex holding back? How the hell did she beat her bro so easily?

It's great to see how the resistance to Father/Homunculi is slowly building up with a couple of every powerful characters on their side. I love Izumi and hope she doesn't die on us anytime soon.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 2, 2013 1:11 PM

May 2013
The GREED VS bradley fight was awesomely animated.
and the info network was cool
Dec 4, 2013 5:13 AM

Oct 2013
geez i forgot entirely that roy mustang is still lurking in the background and totes has his side of the plan to add into the mix
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Dec 18, 2013 9:50 PM

Sep 2013
May is so fricking cute!

And C'mon Alex, you're weak! and I need to see longer battles, but everything is starting to spice up now.

Dec 27, 2013 9:01 PM

Jul 2013
lol I love the Armstrong family!

damn I'm not comfortable when those brothers are apart.

fuck the passing housewife is back!

once again I'm impressed on how they pass messages
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Jun 21, 2009

175 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 15, 8:13 PM

» Is FMAB worth watching after FMA?

xXCaptainJXx - Apr 6

38 by aleinam »»
Apr 15, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Jan 17, 2010

207 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 14, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jun 7, 2009

343 by Nicolay18 »»
Apr 13, 1:34 AM

» Why doesn’t Lust show more lust? ( 1 2 )

lordJahoo - Apr 2

50 by Skylar-whoo »»
Apr 11, 6:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.