MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

The Last Airbender Movie?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Club Discussion »» Avatar: The Legends of Aang and Korra »» The Last Airbender Movie?

Must be a Club Member to Reply
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
08-17-10, 6:01 AM

Oh wait... Dev Patel was supposed to be Zuko? I didn't even notice. I thought he was playing an original character. In all seriousness though this movie failed in every aspect. The acting was terrible, the plot moved way too fast (did we even see Aang learning waterbending), the diagloue was painful, everything is so forced, unnecessary details were revealed too early on, a lot of things just don't add up and the bending was a complete disappointment. What were Aang and Zuko doing having a normal fight? I want to see a battle involving the elements for goodness sake. More importantly why were they hanging out in that room anyway, isn't Zuko supposed to be trying to escape? No spirit world, no Koyshi warriors, no Roku, no Hei Bai, no Koh, the Avatar State is just boring, yada yada yada... Do yourself a favour and don't pay to see this mess. Just watch it online. Oh and I seriously doubt there will be a sequel. Maybe a reboot a couple of years down the line, but I am sure M. Night is never going to touch this franchise ever again.
Modified by Touka, 08-17-10, 6:05 AM
Like Japanese films? Swing by the Cinema of Japan club! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

08-17-10, 6:20 PM

That movie was so disappointing. I went with some friends, some of who are fans of the original series and others who weren't. The ones that were fans, me and two friends, didn't like it. The ones that weren't fans actually found it okay. So if you're a fan, it will disappoint, if you're not, check it out... at your own risk.

08-27-10, 8:43 PM

I've read too many bad reviews about TLA , but It wasn't that bad. The only good actors where the ones playing Iroh, Zuko, Princess Yue and Aang.

11-17-10, 10:22 PM

Worst movie I've ever seen, couldn't even force myself to continue watching it after the events from the first two episodes. If I'd never watched the series I might have been able to finish it but I doubt I'd have scored it above a 5/10. As is, I know what they butchered (even if I don't know why) so this is definitely a 1/10. I really really hope that they don't let Shamaylan (or anyone else responsible for this monstrosity) within 100 miles of the second movie or anyone associated with it.

Edit: tried to force myself to finish it again, but the shear stupidity of "imprisoning" earthbenders on soft earth surrounded by hard earth was too much for me to take. if they didn't want to do the prison scene right then they shouldn't have done it at all :/
Modified by jacobpaige, 11-17-10, 10:45 PM

04-22-11, 3:52 AM

hmmmmm, judging by all these negative responses from the movie I think I'll try and avoid
that is unless I get bored one day and actually succumb to the same fate as everyone else here
"Where will a newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite" - Motoko Kusanagi

02-01-12, 8:11 AM

i´ve seen the movie 2 times and i have to say it is a way more inferior than the series.
But it´s too bad that they don´t make it complete, even if its bad
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Mahatma Gandhi, *02-Oct-1869, † 30-Jan-1948

04-24-12, 4:38 AM

I'm still waiting for the second part. I must say I kind of liked the movie, not as much as the series of course, but still they've done a very good job ;)

Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices