MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn »» Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

233 85.35%
4 out of 5: Liked it

27 9.89%
3 out of 5: It was OK

8 2.93%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 0.37%
1 out of 5: Hated it

4 1.47%
Voters: 273

03-08-11, 3:16 PM

This was amazing. I think that it will end up surpassing Zeta and Char's Counterattack (tied) as my favorite Gundam.

I like Banagher quite a lot and I REALLY like that they brought the Zabi princess back for this one. Seeing characters reappear grown up after several years is one of the best things about the Gundam franchise.

And this goes without saying but WOW was it visually stunning and full of intensity. Much like with Char's Counterattack, I was absolutely glued to the screen the entire time.

05-10-11, 12:10 AM

One word.... EPIC!! The whole time I was watching this, first thing in my mind "This is one of greatest Gundam OVA's I have seen so far..."

The Visuals are so vivid, highly detailed, immense atmosphere and character designs seem really retro in design but still great in this present time. The sound effects were also amazing. Bringing back the Gundam UC in a big amazing OVA as if they wanted to rebuild the universal century to us again.

I enjoyed the intense action, fight scenes and etc. But one problem I always have the same cliche Gundam does with it starting with a teen boy with unknown new type abilities and obtaining the power of the Gundam during a terrorist attack. : /

Overall it was great!
5/5

08-19-11, 9:25 AM

The plotline was confusing to me at a few points, but my experience with Gundam is limited to Wing and SEED, which I'm sure most fanboys consider the worst of the lot (and which I'm aware take place in completely separate universes than the UC one). The visuals, though, were absolutely amazing, especially the mecha fights. I acquired a Blu-Ray rip which was positively stunning in its quality, and to my surprise the English dub was actually rather well-done as well, especially for a production that must've been rushed.

I might go back and watch some of the older Gundam stuff, but I know in general what's going on in the worldline (and they did let us know the primary backstory in this ep anyway). Some of these characters I'm clearly supposed to recognize, but so far it hasn't really taken away from the enjoyment.

Moving onto the next episode, time to see the Unicorn kick some ass!

11-30-11, 2:50 PM

This anime has great production values, but that's normal considering it's Sunrise's very own cash cow. I got to say though that it's massively overrated. Good animation and music can only take the show so far, and I ain't sure where the plot will go BUT...

Banagher is the most uninspired protagonist so far. There's nothing interesting with this individual. The rest isn't much either who are just mostly copy pastas from previous UC Gundams. The best Gundam ova is still Gundam 0080 so far.

03-04-12, 11:21 PM

I had an eyegasm, the cliff-hanger was just cruel though. The design for the NZ-666 was just great.

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/NZ-666_Kshatriya

04-08-12, 9:32 PM

Holy shit, this has to be one of the most epic mecha episodes I've ever seen. The last 10 minutes were just, wow. And the soundtrack. I'd be surprised if the later episodes could even match this standard of quality.

04-21-12, 12:52 PM

Blacklordlucil said:
I had an eyegasm, the cliff-hanger was just cruel though. The design for the NZ-666 was just great.

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/NZ-666_Kshatriya

Well Chinese fans working on Gundam Mods for Homeworld made a NZ-666 model in 3D. Look at the movie quality work here:

http://my.tv.sohu.com/u/vw/13372407
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

05-02-12, 5:30 PM

It's decent. I hope the serie will be better than the god awful Gundam Zeta (I don't see what people like about it... worse, calling in it the best gundam lol)

05-29-12, 11:23 AM

I thought it was pretty boring and majorly overrated.

10-25-12, 7:20 AM

FatCobra said:

>Guilty Crown(Worst anime of this decade award)
>Advent Children
>Gundam 00
>Code Geass
>Gurren Lagann

"OVERRATED"

01-21-13, 3:42 AM

It has the old school feel to it. I'll take it!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU

05-23-13, 12:45 PM

Damn that art style and animation is really good.

05-23-13, 12:48 PM

loves2sp00n said:
FatCobra said:

>Advent Children
>Gundam 00
>Code Geass
>Gurren Lagann

"OVERRATED"

05-29-13, 11:40 AM

THAT PRODUCTION -- MY EYES ARE BLEEDING. This went from "Wow, this is considered very good for 1970 or 1980 animation" to MY EYES ARE BLEEDING. I loved every bit of the soundtrack, too. It looks like the story won't disappoint, either. I can't wait for the rest!

"Audrey Burn", lol.

05-29-13, 11:53 AM

loves2sp00n said:
FatCobra said:

>Advent Children
>Gundam 00
>Code Geass
>Gurren Lagann

"OVERRATED"

Mecha fans are really split like this, if he thinks it's boring then that's fine. I think GC, TTLG and 00 are awful shows to but I know they aren't targeted at me so I just let them be.

08-10-13, 10:14 PM

That was awesome. The plot seems a little confusing to me since I have only watched 00 and just started Zeta. But this is very interesting and the overall quality seems amazing.
http://mikenieto.blogspot.com/ - Gaming reviews, articles, anime and figures.

11-05-13, 2:14 AM

loves2sp00n said:
FatCobra said:

"OVERRATED"

^considering the fact that the one who gave you such beautiful soundtrack here in unicorn was the same guy that made the soundtrack for that "overrated" show: Hiroyuki Sawano

01-12-14, 9:10 PM

Eyegasmic art style and Links seems like a solid MC!

02-18-14, 11:58 PM

Omg my eyes exploded!
My ears too for that matter.
There is something very VERY rewarding and satisfying about watching this new and high-budget animation after sitting through the old stuff for about a month non-stop.
My vision was already adjusting to the 80s animation. All of these shiny things caught me off guard.

Cathedral said:
THAT PRODUCTION -- MY EYES ARE BLEEDING.

Oh, I liked reading your comments on the Zeta discussion board, saw you there went I went to post.
But LOL I pretty much had the same reaction you did to this.

Really though, superb visuals and sound. I didn't expect anything less.
Intriguing start. No extremely annoying people yet so far which is an A++++.

I'm so glad I didn't watch this in '10 because it would have been such a pain waiting so long for the next ep.

03-03-14, 4:33 AM

I watched this right after watching msg->z->zz->cca (+ 08th ms team) for the first time.
So. Awesome.
Animation, music, everything basically.
My vision was, like parfaited's above, already adjusting to the 80s animation.

And then I watched the 1st ep (and 2nd + 3rd right afterwards) and actually got a bit teary-eyed simply because of how awesome this was. Rest of the time my ears & eyes were just trying to adjust to the awesomeness of this without exploding/bleeding/etc too much.

Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices