Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 19, 2010 10:41 PM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

It's Officially out in Japanese Theaters and PSN.
Feb 20, 2010 3:53 AM

Jan 2008
Yay for PSN. Rumor has it that subtitles are there also in JP release. Nisan nichi and it should be out 'underground' ^_^

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Feb 20, 2010 4:12 PM

Mar 2008
wow. that was awesome.
Feb 20, 2010 4:25 PM
Dec 2008
I only have to words to say about this: HELL YES.
Feb 20, 2010 4:40 PM

Feb 2008
an awesome ep. with trailers showing full frontal and no full frontal in this episode, hopefully that means a short turn around between each ova
Feb 20, 2010 8:07 PM

May 2009
Downloading raw at the speed of light!

edit: Amazing. Even more awesome than I was expecting it to be. The animation/art and character- and mecha designs were incredibly good and everything looked really detailed. And the music, holy shit!

Now I feel depressed because I'm gonna have to wait such a long time for the next episode to be released. Oh well - Let's just wait for subs first, lol. I'm gonna rewatch it so many times.
stAtic91Feb 21, 2010 1:35 PM
Feb 21, 2010 1:17 AM
Oct 2007
First ep so good. Need sub !
did char die in uc.0093 ... if not will he come back in unicorn ... or maybe amouro
Feb 21, 2010 4:28 PM
Oct 2007
What happened to the real char... sry i didnt watch any uc., i want to know
Feb 21, 2010 4:57 PM
Apr 2008
@ZonSlashSykato
FapalldayFeb 21, 2010 5:05 PM
Feb 22, 2010 7:12 AM

Sep 2008
where the balls are subs for this, I'm really surprised this wasn't subbed with in like the first 24 hours, does anyone know who might be subbing it?
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Feb 22, 2010 7:20 AM

Sep 2008
juz watch the ova with chinese sub ~~ the animation and the background music was very good ! Hope ep 2 will come out in a short time ..
Feb 22, 2010 8:59 AM

Sep 2008
Subs are up, BSS has delivered.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Feb 22, 2010 11:26 AM

Jan 2009
Just watched it. I thought it was pretty good, but not great. Kinda confusing, but hopefully the next episode will be better. Does anyone know when it will be out?
Feb 22, 2010 12:02 PM

Jun 2007
Meh_93 said:
Just watched it. I thought it was pretty good, but not great. Kinda confusing, but hopefully the next episode will be better. Does anyone know when it will be out?

You've only watched Gundam 00. You need to have seen the original Gundam series and it's sequels. People like you won't understand anything.
Feb 22, 2010 12:22 PM

Oct 2009
KrylonBlue said:
Meh_93 said:

You've only watched Gundam 00. You need to have seen the original Gundam series and it's sequels. People like you won't understand anything.

I loved this episode, but I never watched the original gundam series, is that really necessary? is this a sequal/prequal of the original series or something? If I have to I will gladly watch the originals, but id love to know how they are related to this season first.
Feb 22, 2010 1:02 PM

Jul 2007
Totally loved this episode more than I was already hyped for it, already can't wait for more. Everything was just awesome.

You told me to make you feel [color=#CC6600]like you're in heaven
[/color]
Feb 22, 2010 1:23 PM

Sep 2008
mikael123 said:
KrylonBlue said:
Meh_93 said:

I loved this episode, but I never watched the original gundam series, is that really necessary? is this a sequal/prequal of the original series or something? If I have to I will gladly watch the originals, but id love to know how they are related to this season first.

The only thing is you won't really know why Audrey Burn is important.
Feb 22, 2010 1:39 PM

May 2009
Awesome, great and YAY for the animation with 3D if you notice it!!

I really like when MS Unicorn change into that Gundam xD I'm glad my waiting days paid off xD

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Feb 22, 2010 2:01 PM
Dec 2007
Dark, complex, realistic, intense, with absurdly high production values, it seems like Unicorn is the best thing to come out of the saga since Turn A and is simply what Gundam 00 should have been. This opening episode was just spectacular on every level and a true feast for the eyes, the ears and the mind for the UC fan that I am. It's just awesome.
JacutFeb 22, 2010 2:05 PM

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 22, 2010 2:49 PM

Jul 2008
i liked it :D
any date for the next ep?
Feb 22, 2010 3:20 PM

Oct 2007
This is superb... i had the exact same reaction to the action/tension..and etc just like Ep14 of Gundam00 of 4 vs 1000

I've never saw the original series, but can someone explain the sides? thats the only thing it confuses me...

So theres London Bell - the raiders...i assume they are earth fed?
then theres the colonists which were barely existent...
then theres the one the princess is with? im assuming they are like a private military corp or something?

its just with all the fighting i dont exactly get who is on which side fighting who
Feb 22, 2010 3:29 PM

Nov 2007
WIN
Feb 22, 2010 3:43 PM
Apr 2008
O Yes UC baby, I can tell from the fact they dont take it lightly on killing civilians. Now if only Tomino was directing this >=).

And to those to haven't seen any series in the UC timeline, you guys are missing out on why the anime is called Gundam. Anyways it hard to explain who each factions are without spoiling a lot of stuff so i suggest you guys watch the original series or read it off a wiki.
Feb 22, 2010 3:47 PM

Apr 2008
Downloading it now. Why anyone who hasn't seen any UC Gundam or have any knowledge of the series would just want to dive into Unicorn is beyond me. God speed to those who try that task out:/
Feb 22, 2010 4:06 PM

Dec 2008
martin03345 said:
Downloading it now. Why anyone who hasn't seen any UC Gundam or have any knowledge of the series would just want to dive into Unicorn is beyond me. God speed to those who try that task out:/
I did fine o__o. We aren't that stupid to figure things out :P
Feb 22, 2010 4:09 PM

Sep 2008
Holy fuck me in the face ! The was awesome, if this keeps up it will quickly become the best Gundam to date.

Banagher is pretty nice breath of fresh air, while still being some thing familiar, He more Bad Ass then Kamile and Amuro, but still has enough angst to let you know this is a UC gundam series.

And Unless you haven't watched Mobile Suit Gundam, Gundam Zeta and Char's Counter attack, your fucking missing out.

Just OMG I have missed UC so god damn much. Finally we get a real entry.

Also anyone else notice this little Easter Egg? It was from when they where walking around the colony eating hot dogs

Now unless your a Total UC fanboy your not gonna get this and even if you are it's still kinda hard to decipher.

If you really wanna know what is here:
Feb 22, 2010 4:16 PM

May 2008
Feels like old school Gundam they even didn't forget to include the crappy main characters with stupid motivations.

Obviously I loved it.

They also did a good job trying to introduce the Gundam universe to new fans.
StriderMSFeb 22, 2010 4:25 PM
Feb 22, 2010 4:32 PM

Mar 2008
A good opening episode. The pace could of been faster and more action could have been nicely integrated.
Feb 22, 2010 4:52 PM

May 2008
A quick and rather bare bones rundown for people who haven't seen previous U.C. installments:

Mobile Suit Gundam: The One Year War was a conflict between the Earth Federation and the Principality of Zeon (Side 3) led by the Zabi clan. It stemmed from the fact that Zeon wanted to break away from the colonial rule imposed upon them by the Federation and left the other Sides either allying with the Federation, in ruin from Zeon attack, or claiming neutrality. Of course Gihren Zabi was a Space Nazi to justify our heroes aboard the White Base and the Federation winning despite the fact that space colonies wanting autonomy is a valid claim (which seems to be the basis of Unicorn currently).

Zeta Gundam: The Gryps Conflict was fought between the Earth Federation which, since the OYW, had become highly corrupt at the hands of the Titans, and the Anti-Earth Union Group, which was a political faction within the Earth Federation that opposed the fascist policies of the Titans. During this conflict the Axis, a group that consisted of the remains of Zeon who had retreated to the asteroid Axis after being defeated in the OYW, emerged and became the true victor of the Gryps Conflict by playing the Federation and AEUG against each other in order to build an army that would be known as Neo Zeon. It's important to note for Unicorn that Mineva Lao Zabi ("Audrey Burn"), Dozle Zabi's daughter, was used as a figurehead by Haman Karn to give her the ability to lead the Axis and Neo Zeon due to Mineva being the last surviving member of the Zabi clan.

ZZ Gundam: Not anime, therefore it doesn't count. Seriously though, the first Neo Zeon movement eventually ends not long after the death of Haman Karn because of a civil war in the ranks of the Zeon sparked by Glemy Toto who proclaims himself as Gihren Zabi's clone.

Char's Counterattack: A second Neo Zeon movement is headed by Char Aznable (who is the son of Zeon Zum Deikun, the founder of the Republic of Zeon prior to it becoming a Principality under the Zabis) who fell off the map after Zeta Gundam. This is where the Londo Bell was first introduced since it was a ship under the command of Bright Noa (who commanded the White Base in the original Gundam and the Argama in Zeta and ZZ). Char's genius plan for this new Neo Zeon was to speed up the migration of humanity to space by purchasing the Axis asteroid from the Federation government and chucking it at the Earth in order to make it uninhabitable. It was stopped by Amuro because he was the good guy, but both Char and Amuro died as a result of this.

Gundam Unicorn: From what it looks like so far, remnants of Neo Zeon wish to acquire the contents of Laplace's box so they can use them to justify and gain support for another war based on the ideal of self-governance. Mineva is against this, but fails to stop the war from erupting obviously. Full Frontal, as a result of being a Char clone (literally for once), is most likely the one these remnants are rallying around.
Feb 22, 2010 5:12 PM

Aug 2007
I loved this episode- the animation was top notch, some of the best Ive ever seen. VA was very good and the story looks really promising (I haven't read the manga so its not spoiled). I would have preferred if they had released at least two episodes at once but oh well. Out of all the Gundam series so far this is looking to be the best.
Feb 22, 2010 5:50 PM

Jan 2010
Next best thing since Mobile Suit Gundam: 08th MS Team (which is my personal favorite from the MSG series and alongside it is Gundam Wing), but after watching this, Gundam Unicorn, my feelings for Gundam (after thinking it died after Gundam Seed, dont get me wrong not saying it was bad just not my favorite, it was good though) have been revived. Gundam unicorn was amazing im really stoked about it, but this is my opinion, thanks for reading, laterz.

Feb 22, 2010 5:54 PM

Sep 2008
Quick run down of the groups.

Londo Bell: They are special forces of the Federation army and Commanded by Bright Noa, former captain of White Base during the one year war. They are made up of former AEUG personnel after they where reintroduced back into the Federation after the Titan Conflict in Gundam Zeta.

Neo Zeon: Remnants of the second Neo Zeon movement, created by Char in Char's Counter attack. Currently making another bid for independence.

Anaheim Electronics: Civilian Mega Corporation, makes everything from personal computers, to mobile suits and space colonies. Links is currently studying at one of their training centers. Also they made just about every Gundam to date. Aside from a few models.
Feb 22, 2010 6:25 PM

Nov 2007
that kept up to my expectations it was so damn awesome!

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Feb 22, 2010 6:27 PM

Aug 2007
This is on PSN? Nice. :)

I really enjoyed this. They really did a good setup of what is going on. How the people interact was pretty impressive also. Now that worst part waiting who knows how long for the next episode to come.
Feb 22, 2010 6:28 PM

Sep 2008
So apparently why wont be seeing episode 2 until the fall...... fuck it's gonna be a long summer.
Feb 22, 2010 6:49 PM

Jan 2009
SilentXenocide said:
Jigero said:
So apparently why wont be seeing episode 2 until the fall...... fuck it's gonna be a long summer.
Where'd you hear that from? I highly doubt it would be a half year between episodes. Other wise it would take 3 years just to show 6 episodes.

Its a ova for a reason it going to be like hellsing ultimate
Feb 22, 2010 7:41 PM

Dec 2008
SilentXenocide said:
DarthVantos said:
SilentXenocide said:
Jigero said:
Where'd you hear that from? I highly doubt it would be a half year between episodes. Other wise it would take 3 years just to show 6 episodes.

I know it's an OVA, but so was War in the Pocket, which had 6 episodes and aired all in the same year. and Stardust Memory which had 13 episodes and took a bit over 1 year to air. And then the MS Igloo OVAs which did not have 6 months in between episodes. Those are all Gundam OVAs, why would this be any different?

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=161692

Read it and weep XD...I sorta laughed cause it sounded so ridiculous. But the more I think about it...the more it made sense :P
Feb 22, 2010 8:59 PM

May 2009
SilentXenocide said:
I won't weep, but I'll probably forget about the show by the time the 2nd episode is out.
I'll be rewatching this episode until it's all edged into my memory. I'm also planning on watching most UC Gundams before the next episode comes out.
Feb 22, 2010 10:25 PM

Jan 2010
That was amazing. I'm astounded with the great launch into the Unicorn story, and I think it's great they didn't try to rush the action.

They obviously knew what they were doing; it's a movie, so pace it like one.

This one is going to be hard to top in my book... It took everything I could look for in a UC Gundam series, and did a psychoframe overload on it.

I'll look foward to the next three years. XD
Feb 22, 2010 10:28 PM
Aug 2007
Only way I could have left more satisfied would have been if I had gotten a lapdace.
Feb 22, 2010 11:25 PM

Sep 2008
SilentXenocide said:
DarthVantos said:
SilentXenocide said:
Jigero said:

I know it's an OVA, but so was War in the Pocket, which had 6 episodes and aired all in the same year. and Stardust Memory which had 13 episodes and took a bit over 1 year to air. And then the MS Igloo OVAs which did not have 6 months in between episodes. Those are all Gundam OVAs, why would this be any different?

Because even though this is an OVA it's more like 6 movies, each with a theatrical release. Also they are almost an hour long, with movie quality visuals. The other OVA's where more like standard OVA's . Just a series that didn't air on TV.

on a side note: One the blue ray comes out I'll probably watch it again, but I'll throw it on my Plasma TV instead of watching it on my laptop.

Also anyone who is finding it hard to rewatch or watch the Original Mobile Suit Gundam, Watch the 3 movies, they just condense it and give you a crash course. I love Gundam, but watching the original more then once it quite a chore.
JigeroFeb 22, 2010 11:30 PM
Feb 22, 2010 11:38 PM

Jul 2008
Wow, it's actually unbelievable good^^ I really enjoyed it a lot even though at first i thought i wouldn't :)

Can't wait for the next episode, it should be a cracker!!^^
Feb 23, 2010 12:14 AM

Jan 2009
darn awesome the drawing style of the 80's together with modern animation of today
cant wait for the next episode
Feb 23, 2010 1:17 AM

Apr 2009
i just can't believe how awesome this is.. it had everything from animation, char design, detail, music, realism, intensity, mecha action, non-mecha action, pace that is enough to make you want the next, story that resembles a good UC Gundam series, and the typical Gundam's main hero.. i just love it.. i don't care if i have to be on standby for it for three years.. it's just so awesome.. and i guess i'll finally be able to watch and rewatch UC gundam series completely by that time..
Feb 23, 2010 3:11 AM
Feb 2009
That first episode was awesome! The overall quality is incredible. Never seen like this in an anime. The soundtrack is outstanding.
Feb 23, 2010 4:35 AM

Oct 2007
Hey peeps,

I only watched C.E. and the Gundam 00 series so I dont know much about U.C. Is it reccomended to watch all the U.C. prequels before watching this one? Thanks alot in advance.
Feb 23, 2010 5:23 AM

May 2009
Valashu said:
Is it reccomended to watch all the U.C. prequels before watching this one? Thanks alot in advance.
Sure. Why not? I'm watching the first Gundam right now, and it's great. And if you don't want to watch all the TV-anime you could just watch the compilation movies for each, or simply read the basic story at wiki. But I definitely recommend watching all the Gundams!

Absolutely_Steve summarized the plot on the second page of this thread too.
Feb 23, 2010 6:30 AM

Sep 2008
Superb episode. It made me wanna watch previous UC series.
Feb 23, 2010 6:47 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Oh yeah, I heard Mineva was the main lead this time. I sooooo need to rewatch UC now.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 23, 2010 6:52 AM

Oct 2008
On top of this,

I think it would be very prudent if you want to understand Unicorn to read the UC TimeLine and it would probably be a good idea to read theMobile Suit Gundam Unicorn wiki too.

Or you could just spend a couple of intense months of your life watching all the UC series. I'm guessing that by the production value of this Gundam, most Gundam fans, even the rooks will enjoy this ova weather it's their first Gundam show or not. Of course for the seasoned veterans it's just gravy.

Jigero said:

Now unless your a Total UC fanboy your not gonna get this and even if you are it's still kinda hard to decipher.

If you really wanna know what is here:

Good eyes! I noticed this but it didn't click until I read this. I'm gonna have to keep my eyes pealed wider to pick up all these little treasure troves UC facts. I really don't want to wait six months for the next episode. I would think three months would be painful enough. I agree with SilentXenocide, three years is just extreme. Not even Kara no Kyoukai took three years to finish with it's 7 movies. Well it took two years and eight months to finish, but still it had seven movies not six ova's. Whatever, I guess I'll just be thirsting for some more Gundam for a while. Still not completely thrilled with the Pink Gundam. LoL!
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MikelAL93 - May 16, 2014

297 by DivineLion »»
Mar 24, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ranlos - Mar 6, 2011

86 by TheRestlessOne »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:26 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Oct 29, 2010

116 by TheRestlessOne »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BladedWarrior - Nov 13, 2011

93 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 19, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stAtic91 - Mar 2, 2013

70 by Neemesis_2 »»
Sep 23, 2023 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.