Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 10, 2008 12:28 PM
Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
the last episode...it was so good...
is the anime with the best and i saw...
Mar 14, 2008 8:51 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah, and as far as I thought; the girl in the hospital was Enma Ai, but I'm mistaken. It was the detective's younger sister. Since technology is evolving, Enma Ai (Former Jigoku Shoujo) is using the net. The new Jigoku Shoujo is using mobile cell phone. You don't need ISP to revenge your hatred. You just need 1 SMS. LOL! ^___^

I'm excited bout the 3rd season. What's gonna happen?

Overall, I love this 2nd season. It really evolves and upgrades it animation and story style. It is more lovable than the 1st season. You gotta love this. I'm looking forward to the next season. This is going to be my favorite.
Mar 31, 2008 2:36 PM

Feb 2008
Indeed,besides they couldn't end the series like that since they heard how upset they were about the first season.Clearly could not have just stopped there with several questions unanswered.

:? If I recall correctly,people have recieved responses from Ai on there mobiles aswell.

My guess is that they plan to explain the work in more detail now that Ai isn't there,she may try to have a come back.Also the Shibata family still has to be concluded much like Ai's grandmother.
Jul 23, 2008 8:12 PM

Jun 2008
That was such an awesome ending o__o.... way better than the one for the first season... it was hapy and sad at the same time T~T

I wonder what the third season's gonna be like.... can't wait till it comes out T___T

Sig WILL change soon~
Aug 3, 2008 3:30 AM

Jan 2008
Nice ending, but the police didn't do the boy any justice. Everyone left town and that's it?!

I want third season, now!
Aug 6, 2008 4:50 PM

Aug 2007
I agree that the second season was way more refreshing than the repetitive first season, so hopefully the third season will be even better!

This last eps of the second season effectively set the scene for the third season. I can't be sure what happened to Enma Ai at the end, and what about Kikuri's role? Will she be the next Hell Girl?
Dec 7, 2008 3:33 PM

Jun 2008
I loved this episode so much. one of my favorite anime episodes ever.

Dec 7, 2008 9:16 PM

Jun 2008
Golly, that was pretty sweet action there for the ending.

Everyone is like, "Let's enjoy life on earth for while."
"Lol lady, life on earth is hell FTW."

Well maybe not exactly like that. But the ending was pretty win.
Feb 8, 2009 12:15 AM
Oct 2007
I cried a river for this ep. Ai ftw!
Feb 8, 2009 7:21 AM

Dec 2007
Such a sad scene when the mob went for Ai. I'm still bummed that they survived...
Mar 31, 2009 9:26 PM

Feb 2009
:( ai's not there any more??

what happened to her??

oh god! kikuri and the cherry? is that ai??

cried lots and lots!
May 21, 2009 2:07 AM

Mar 2009
someone finally stood up for her =)
Jul 11, 2009 11:01 PM
Jul 2008
what a sad ending... :( i feel so sad after watching it T_T the spider in charge of hell should just leave Ai aloneee ... hes so mean =(
Aug 5, 2009 6:02 PM

Oct 2008
Just when you thought Kikuri couldn't get any creepier.
I cried through most of this stupid episode. ;-;
Seeing Ai so weak and getting beaten up was too much.
I can't wait for the next season, hopefully it's as upbeat at this one was!
ZOMG! Now, download Hell Hotline on your cellphone! xD Can you imagine the commercials for that?
Sep 14, 2009 8:13 AM
Jul 2009
Ai-chan ;( I cry
Nov 17, 2009 8:55 AM

Apr 2009
puedjies said:
I agree that the second season was way more refreshing than the repetitive first season, so hopefully the third season will be even better!

This last eps of the second season effectively set the scene for the third season. I can't be sure what happened to Enma Ai at the end, and what about Kikuri's role? Will she be the next Hell Girl?

Yeah, I also wondered a lot about Kikuri's role. On the previous episode, I thought she was just a means for the spider to find out what's happening, but with her taking Ai (the cherry??) in that boat... I'm not sure anymore.

Hope the next season will be just as good!
Nov 19, 2009 9:07 PM

Jul 2009
This Second Season Was Badass....And The Ending was Awesome.... 10......Starting Season 3 2mrw XD
Jan 17, 2010 8:04 PM

Nov 2009
i did NOT expect kikuri 2 be the spider thingy X3 still i continue 2 cry... i felt so bad 4 Ai!!! i wanted 2 kill the ppl who were hitting her!!! overall its was a super special awesome season!!! i think it was stupid that the 3 split though... i would have stayed with them... eh i cant wait 2 watch the next season!!! XD
May 28, 2010 11:42 PM
May 2010
I didn't realize the spider was gone until the last ep, and then a strange girl appeared...

Ai did break the rule by attacking people because of her rage in the first season, how come she could get away with that but not this time?
May 30, 2010 9:28 PM

Mar 2010
crazy, crazy. i loved it. takuma got a happy ending! sooo awesome..

i will admit i cried.. poor ai. suffering the same fate all over again. mob mentality... complete insanity! this episode really made me feel for ai; for once, she wore her emotions on her sleeve. really refreshing. i can't wait to start the third season.
Jun 2, 2010 8:22 AM
Jun 2010
The moment the mob saw Ai. i teared up

The moment the guy hit Ai. I gasped and started crying a river

The moment her assistants looked and couldnt do anything. I continued

damn, so much tears i couldn't even appreciate Takuma's happy ending!! and exactly what happened to the detectives daughter?

---

So Glad some people are almost on the same page as me! i just started watching Jigoku Shoujo last week, i kept thinking, everyone probably already knows whatll happen, if i say im excited they might spoil it for me :P ^^

i had to register an account just to post how Awesome Jigoku Shoujo is!
Jun 2, 2010 8:40 AM

Nov 2008
I actually cried my eyes out when they hit Ai. T.T. At least Takuma had a happy end.
Sep 27, 2010 7:15 AM

Nov 2009
I knew there was a reason why Kikuri was so damn creepy. Shes the motherfucking boss of hell. :|

Epic episode though. >_<
Oct 29, 2010 1:39 PM

Nov 2009
I cant help myself, but first season touched me more, coz those last episodes showed ai´s life...and that was really sad... I like second season as well, but I am little bit confused about the end... The souls of her beloved was release to heaven? Coz it looks like she broke the rules when she took the boat with takuma back... so it seems that they were took by hell...

but i really love her character... she is really tragic woman- Enma Ai... but she is great...
Oct 31, 2010 3:18 PM

Jul 2010
That was one hell of an ending.. So sad to see them beating up Enma :( I hate it they got away with it :(

I don't hope the girl who got the sms is a friend of the sister of the detective cauz then Takuma would probably be sent to hell o.O I would really hate that, after all he has been through :O I was so happy when I saw him with his father :)

Seaosn 3 ^^
Nov 27, 2010 11:35 AM

Apr 2010
Amazing ending but really sad. Ai is one of my favorite characters T_T

Jan 31, 2011 2:12 AM

Dec 2008
Wow, simply... wow.

I liked how the first season hit us with a personal level between Enma Ai's past and then Tsugumi's decision with Hajime that we had been following all along.

I liked how this season took a step much further, jumping into the pasts of Ren, Wanyuudou, and Hone Onna, and having more of their equal involvement altogether.

And then I like how they connected, however briefly with Hajime and Tsugumi, but also with the tradition of how there will always be someone wanting revenge against someone. Like this series constantly preaches, "Humans don't change."

I'm not real big on episodic series. They're okay and I prefer them in moderation. But I couldn't help but be compelled by this - way more so than the first season. I looked forward more and more and just couldn't stop watching. I was glued.

Since the addictiveness factor is also big for me on this, and a huge, outstanding ending that was tragic and scared the hell out of me - I kept wincing for Ai as she so steadily walked around, frail as a doll, and then for the people to beat on her like she was reliving her hellish experience all over again was just horrifying.

I feel a bit unsettled by the ending, like I feel I have a lot of answers but even more questions, like what will happen to Ai's helpers, WTF Kikuri, the detective's sister's condition, Hajime and Tsugumi, and most importantly, Ai herself.

But I still think I liked this significantly more than the first season. It really took a step above and beyond of what I was expecting, which is always great news. So I look forward to the third season. <3
Feb 8, 2011 1:30 AM
Feb 2011
So we see that the detective's sister managed to survive, but the bigger question is...does she still have to go to hell even though the *contract* was pretty much canceled?
Feb 19, 2011 8:42 PM

Oct 2008
Ai. :(
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 2, 2011 12:15 PM

Oct 2009
Ah ah....i don't know whether to be happy or sad :\
Poor Ai, if i was Takuma i would have killed those guys there and then (>,<)
At least her leash has been severed and Takuma got a happy ending...

9/10.
Nov 29, 2011 1:03 AM

Feb 2010
Eh I watched the 3rd season first, now I understand it more clearly after watching this. Time for 1st season..;o

These lasts episodes makes me cringe. It's kind of sad that's how people are pretty much are. Give something like this to the US and everyone will be gone by the end of the year.

7.5/10 I liked this ending more than the 3rd season but eh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2011 1:01 AM
May 2010
@Moonfrost

& then you spoil it for us. Nice going.
RivalledAeonDec 23, 2011 1:04 AM
Jan 28, 2012 6:51 AM

Aug 2009
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! WTF KINDA ENDING WAS THAT!!!!!!!! >;OOOOOO

AI MUST LIVE!!! ;~;

Please.. T____________T
Feb 13, 2012 1:48 PM

May 2011
‎#finish watching Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori.

OHHHHHH GOOOOOOODDDDDDD.............. WHHYYYYY!!!?
T_________________T
Mar 13, 2012 9:30 AM

Mar 2009
Why couldn't they help her? I mean ok, they were erased from her memory but didn't the master of hell say "protect Ai" just before he disappeared?
Apr 19, 2012 9:13 PM

Jul 2011
i still hate kikuri
Aug 5, 2012 9:59 PM
Jul 2012
The way I saw it was after the Hell Boss possessed (by subjecting himself into her body) Kikuri and told the servants to watch over her, you saw Kikuri cry for a brief moment on top of the pole. It makes me think that all her scheming and messing with Hell Girl was to push her to that moment where she finally gave in to her real emotions. Therefore, she could finally be released of her eternal torture as Hell Girl.
Aug 9, 2012 2:26 PM

May 2012
Wow what an awesome final episode! And what an ending, wouldn't expect that Ai would turn around the boat, and wtf those where really horrible people who in their right mind would even dare to touch Hell Girl! Her disappearance was quite sad and I hope all those who hit her will really be thrown in the darkest pits of HELL!

And wow Kikuri that cried that was something unexpected, but did Ai really re-incarnated in to a cherry oO? Even that with the spider and the 3 eye scene that was so fucking creepy...

The ending with all the servants from Ai departing on the road would be really a great ending! And that Takuma was back with his father with a Big Smile was nice, and than the Text the by going girl gets just epic! Let's get going to the third season!

Either way loved this Second Season allot better than the first even though less of an on going story line the separated ones where very good on their own!

9/10
Aug 20, 2012 5:06 PM

Aug 2010
Amazing finale, I felt so sad when Ai was getting beaten up like that. I'm glad Ai decided to save Takumi though, I'm guessing he reminded her a lot of herself.

Looks like Hotaru lived, and Takuma's dad is all better now. At least Takuma got a happy ending.

7/10
Aug 22, 2012 3:41 AM

Jun 2011
I've never been so sad over a "happy" ending.. :´( Ai and the people dear to her got finally into rest and Takuma & co. lived happily ever after, but what happened is just too sad... =(
I don't want Ai to disappeaaar T.T It must have been so horrible to watch for Wanyuudou, Ren and Hone Onna too... :( I'd have wanted to see the guys suffer who beat up Ai...
Better than first season, 10/10

senopui said:
The way I saw it was after the Hell Boss possessed (by subjecting himself into her body) Kikuri and told the servants to watch over her, you saw Kikuri cry for a brief moment on top of the pole. It makes me think that all her scheming and messing with Hell Girl was to push her to that moment where she finally gave in to her real emotions. Therefore, she could finally be released of her eternal torture as Hell Girl.
I think the same way, but I'll still hate Kikuri for all eternity for everything she had done...
Sep 17, 2012 5:38 PM
Sep 2009
Ai finally got peace [Season 3 spoiler:]

I already feel horrible fr her!

That was a really nice episode, good to see a more carrying Ai. Too bad she still can't catch a break. Those freaks will surely go to the darkest hole of the hell.
LunaSep 19, 2012 9:03 AM
Sep 18, 2012 1:43 PM

Apr 2011
Wow people, don't spoil it for the rest of us... can't believe no one has reported those posts...

Good ending and Ai family and herself has been released from Hell grasp.
Sep 22, 2012 3:34 PM

Jan 2012
7/10

too many zzzz fillers

I don't mind good fillers, but what done is done...

on to s3
Sep 24, 2012 3:52 PM

Jun 2012
jimmy2027 said:
I didn't realize the spider was gone until the last ep, and then a strange girl appeared...

Ai did break the rule by attacking people because of her rage in the first season, how come she could get away with that but not this time?

Because this is different. She was supposed to take him to hell, but didn't do it and instead turned the boat around and brought him back.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Dec 19, 2012 5:30 AM

Jan 2012
how can everybody be pleased that Enma got treated like that, and the shitty mob just went away without nothing being done D: the only good thing was the whole spider and Kikuri I totally forgot about the spider *slaps forehead* I think this was on par with the first season maybe would have been better but the last couple episodes enraged me D:
Mar 1, 2013 12:20 AM

Jun 2012
Amazing... perfect ending! I cried so much when Enma was down on the ground and people were beating her... I bawled my eyes out >.>

I hope 3rd seasons is as good as 2nd one!
Mar 3, 2013 2:59 PM

Oct 2012
Charliehsv said:
Such a sad scene when the mob went for Ai. I'm still bummed that they survived...

"...Their whereabouts unknown..." I'm pretty sure they're in hell right about now at least i hope so. This season showed a more chaotic side to this show which made it more realistic/appealing. Second season over all 9/10 for me. The 1/10 was the redundancy of the episodes but yeah the story is a masterpiece.
Mar 28, 2013 4:10 PM

Aug 2008
Watching this episode makes me realize how much I detest the mob mentality. It was cruel what they did to Takuma and Ai.
Personally I feel that this season is better than season 1, it was more intense and had a wider variety of themes.
Jun 15, 2013 1:52 PM

Jan 2011
Unexpected ending for me, it kinda bothers me....but in a good way. If that makes any sense. It was much better than the first season.Definitely makes you want to jump right into the next, which is always a good thing and something I felt the first season lacked for me.
"When do you think people die? When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol? No. When they are ravaged by an incurable disease? No. When they drink a soup made from a poisonous mushroom!? No! It’s when… they are forgotten."
Dr. Hiruluk (One Piece)
Aug 6, 2013 7:04 PM
Aug 2012
what was Ai's "answer?" was she granted salvation or damnation? im confused and i NEED to know. well on to the next season
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MEGATRON - Jul 23, 2008

64 by Violet_Midnight »»
Apr 20, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 30, 2008

64 by nrrc102 »»
Dec 4, 2023 12:21 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

so_addictive - Apr 22, 2008

85 by bunniboiz »»
Oct 26, 2023 10:23 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 8 Discussion

figure8life - Jul 20, 2009

46 by bunniboiz »»
Oct 24, 2023 3:14 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Antarael - Nov 13, 2008

61 by bunniboiz »»
Oct 24, 2023 2:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.