MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Your Favourite Japanese Films?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Club Discussion »» Cinema of Japan »» Your Favourite Japanese Films?

Must be a Club Member to Reply
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
11-06-12, 12:35 PM

It's funny Rob, because I just got an e-mail from netflix this morning saying that part two of the Human condition will be here tomorrow along with Marebito? The first movie was amazing, so I'm not sure what to expect from it's next installments. I watched the first film three or four months ago and am just finally returning to the trilogy. Looking forward to it. :)

I'm not really expecting a whole lot from Marebito, not even sure why it was so far up my netflix queue as I wasn't a huge fan of The Grudge. But, we shall have to find out if Takashi Shimizu's work has improved. I guess I bumped it up my list for Halloween but that's done and gone.

I also have Uzumaki at my house right now, because of the same reason. The manga has been nominated in CnC a few times and I've read some interesting things about it. So I am curious to see if the film is as weird as what I've read of the manga.
Modified by Orion1, 11-06-12, 12:44 PM

11-12-12, 2:32 PM

I wouldn't mind watching th Human Trilogy in one go, it's that good. ASnd about that I won't talk more, better wait for you to finish it so we can discuss it later.

I read thre Uzumaki manga, I'm curious to see how they can transfer it to cinema, it's too surreal to not be made without lot's of special effects, but then there are also cases where good directors can acomplish some things without special effects too, but it's strange here. I'll have to watch it as well to take my conclusions.

Now I think I'll watch the movie of the week as well. :)

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices