Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 20, 2010 7:04 AM

Oct 2009
loved the episode cant wait for the next =D i have loads of comments about it but im tired of typing the same stuff all over the place ^^;;
Feb 20, 2010 7:44 AM

Nov 2008
Haha, I thought it was funny how Celty tried to stop Shizuo from going crazy and throwing the stuff at Izaya with those hand gestures. Aw, poor thing.

Ah, Shizuo, you're such a pacifist.
desolatoFeb 20, 2010 7:50 AM
Feb 20, 2010 8:17 AM
May 2008
Shizuo reminds me of my childhood friend, scary,
I love him nonetheless thought.
DangoooooooFeb 20, 2010 11:00 AM
Feb 20, 2010 8:37 AM
Dec 2007
Very nice to know more about Shizuo, and the episode itself was quite funny. Next episode will probably be great too with developments on the main story.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 20, 2010 8:38 AM

Oct 2009
Kagura89 said:
Seeing Shizuo beating up people using signpost is pure awesomeness.Signpost,vending-machine,gangster,trash can,car,elephant slide....god knows what he will throw next :P

Izaya,you such a sick bastard,paying the truck driver some money for doing "good job" ramming Shizuo.
Who says it was on purpose.....Shizuo suddenly jumped out into the street out of nowhere and Izaya paid him so that he can shut up and tell no one (at least logically that's what I think).
SentiNel said:
Overall good ep. Who would've guessed that the strongest man on Earth would've had so many broken bones in the past?
Gym experts say "No pain no gain!" I agree with them.
KazeFalcon said:
Only 2 words:
AWESOME SHIZUO >.<

Only 3 words Izaya and knife!
desolato said:
Haha, I thought it was funny how Celty tried to stop Shizuo from going crazy and throwing the stuff at Izaya with those hand gestures.
I am with you desolato on that Celty part....it was funny.
francismeunierFeb 20, 2010 8:42 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Feb 20, 2010 8:40 AM

Aug 2008
I absolutely loved this episode and the one before it. I can't wait for more!
Feb 20, 2010 8:45 AM

Nov 2007
At first, I though. Kamiya Hiroshi character must like, but now, I'm getting pissed of by Izaya's attitude. wtf.

Feb 20, 2010 9:11 AM

Oct 2009
but we really dont know what izaya's actual goal is. and what crime did he frame poor shizzy for?
but i still cant bring myself to hate izaya. he has a twisted personality, and i say, shizzy's pretty innocent he just cant help the way he is (that's messed up, but i think we all understand my point XD)
and izaya was nice to that chick in the previous episode, and also he and shinra seemed to get along well, he's pretty strong and has an interesting way of thinking, even if he does like to make people fear him.
he's too interesting for me to hate him. in fact i LOVE him XD
and i like shizzy too (DUH)
Feb 20, 2010 9:33 AM

Jul 2007
Ahh Izaya likes to tease Shizu-chan so much! now that's true love XD

Okay, that was less crazy than I expected but I still loved every moment. I also love his brother for getting him an endless supply of sexy butler bartender outfits!
Feb 20, 2010 9:45 AM

Mar 2008
Best part was Tom (voiced by Kamina's seiyu) going "Yo, Simon".
Feb 20, 2010 9:51 AM

Jan 2010
I think I saw more roadsigns flying and being swung around than I have in my entire life =O

This episode was so awesome.

I am proud to have Clannad as the only thing on my dropped list.
Feb 20, 2010 10:00 AM

Apr 2009
Dust2Dust said:

Ahaha xD Yeah, moments like that make me smile (I just like TTGL too much xP)
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Feb 20, 2010 11:39 AM

Nov 2009
Can't get enough of this show. Switching narratives is always good. I love when there is no defined main character.
Shizuo didn't fail to impress me this episode. We get to see the really annoying and cruel side of Izaya...Well we already saw him kidnap somebody
Feb 20, 2010 11:42 AM
May 2009
Cenedess said:
Dust2Dust said:

Ahaha xD Yeah, moments like that make me smile (I just like TTGL too much xP)

And this time he said it as "Simon", not "Shimon", yay. XD

Ah, man, I hate Izaya more and more. *doesn't understand all love towards him and towards IzayaxShizuo* though, just like Shizu, I disliked him from the first look... XD
...And also, I like Shinra more and more XDD
QashqaiFeb 20, 2010 11:45 AM
Feb 20, 2010 12:20 PM

Aug 2009
Niklai said:
k0k0 said:
Where in hell's name do I get the subs from? gg's isn't out yet and if they've released under some different tag then I have no clue what it is.

supposedly, most gg crew is going to be working on and releasing under "Ecliptic-BSS" tag. don't wait for gg, besides nothing really changed, maybe some slight differences in songs lyrics.

Thanks for the info. Though I went with [commie]. I'll get gg's later.

Anyways, excellent episode. I'll rewatch it again since I was a little distracted during the first run.
Izaya LOVES to be an asshole. Poor Shizuo, actually like he's being the one bullied. the highschool scene and their first meeting was cool.

Also, I think the relationship between the two brothers is adorable. Shizzy too has a soft side. <3
And LOL @ the bus scene where Izaya pays the driver for hitting shizuo.

Can't make a clear guess at the next episode though. Sounds like some actual action's coming up.
Feb 20, 2010 12:33 PM

May 2008
HAH. Anime posters...more importantly Baccano. I love how they do that..

And god damn Shizuo..broke practically every fucking bone in his body. Smart kid.

So much for the whole 'love at first sight.' I guess for Shizuo and Izaya, it was 'hate at first sight.'

Shizuo just owned the Power Rangers. Lovely.

Feb 20, 2010 12:36 PM

Mar 2008
Any episode with Shizuo The GARtender is worth watching. Apart from episode 3, it was the best one up until now. Selty and Shizuo's dynamic was interesting as well.
Feb 20, 2010 2:42 PM

Apr 2007
Young Shinra and Shizu-chan in one episode. What a treat <3

I expected there to be more to the crime Shizuo was framed for, but from the looks of it I guess it was just another random thing Izaya did. I love & hate that bastard :3
Feb 20, 2010 2:56 PM

Mar 2008
Loved this. The past two episodes have been my favorite by farrrr.

& yay at the DtB poster <3 (and Baccano! but haven't seen it yet u_u)
Feb 20, 2010 2:56 PM

Nov 2007
This episode was okay.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Feb 20, 2010 4:11 PM

Apr 2008
monkatx said:
That was very violent episode. XD
Indeed! XD
...And Shinra was so cute when he was small.
I thought so too, it was great seeing how the three of them went to school together and more connections between the characters introduced so far.
MaxCrazy7 said:
...Shizuo's brother is lol, he's as calm as is brother hotblooded...
Couldn't help smiling everytime he appeared. Makes me wonder how he got into acting in action movies... impersonating Shizuo to some extent?!?
Feb 20, 2010 4:45 PM

Apr 2008
Great episode! Loved the bg on Shizuo.
Feb 20, 2010 4:59 PM

Jul 2009
I am in love with Shizuo.

Powered by hinatachan - TaigaForum
Feb 20, 2010 6:29 PM

Jul 2008
I couldn't stand this episode. :/ When are they gonna skip the filler? I don't think I'll stick around to find out. What a shame, I was so pumped and hyped on this anime up to episode three. Dropping it pronto.

Edit: Okay, maybe not "filler". But I don't feel like the story is progressing at all.
hakufirefoxFeb 20, 2010 6:32 PM
Feb 20, 2010 6:33 PM

Sep 2008
Shizzu! <3
I loved this ep! Little Shizzu was so adorable! ^.^
Aaaw I loved the part when Celty told him that he really loves his little brother, and he gets all embarrased, so cute!
Hahahahha the Power Ranger part was SOOOO FUNNY!! HHAHAHAAHHHA XD
Mhmm..now idk who I like more. Shizzu or Izaya :S
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2010 6:51 PM

Jul 2009
hakufirefox said:
I couldn't stand this episode. :/ When are they gonna skip the filler? I don't think I'll stick around to find out. What a shame, I was so pumped and hyped on this anime up to episode three. Dropping it pronto.

Edit: Okay, maybe not "filler". But I don't feel like the story is progressing at all.

With all the lots of central characters on the ground,this kind of character centered ep is needed of flesh out their background & relation with other cast.Heck even Izaya & Anri are the only cast that not yet have their ep centered on them.Durarara plot is ambiguous,from Celty head search,kidnappings,gang wars&human experimentation but all of them is interlinked with each other.So don't expect this show plot will linear like others anime,thats Ryougo Narita+Omori Takahiro style.
Feb 20, 2010 8:32 PM

Jul 2008
Kagura89 said:
hakufirefox said:

With all the lots of central characters on the ground,this kind of character centered ep is needed of flesh out their background & relation with other cast.Heck even Izaya & Anri are the only cast that not yet have their ep centered on them.Durarara plot is ambiguous,from Celty head search,kidnappings,gang wars&human experimentation but all of them is interlinked with each other.So don't expect this show plot will linear like others anime,thats Ryougo Narita+Omori Takahiro style.

Haha, I don't think I'd mind an Izaya one. ;) But it's still annoying to me since the back stories don't bring anything new and exciting to the table.
hakufirefoxFeb 20, 2010 8:35 PM
Feb 20, 2010 9:46 PM

Jan 2008
Best eps yet! loved every moment of itThis guy is my favorite character of this show so funny
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2010 11:07 PM
Feb 2009
shizuo VS Izaya are crazeeee
Feb 21, 2010 12:55 AM

Aug 2009
"I don't like violence.." Oh the irony.

Shizu-chan is <333
Feb 21, 2010 1:46 AM

Jul 2009
hakufirefox said:
Haha, I don't think I'd mind an Izaya one. ;) But it's still annoying to me since the back stories don't bring anything new and exciting to the table.

though you'd have to say, it's great storytelling. You love the city first and those makes you love the characters even more. It's 26 eps so the studio has the luxury to make take it fine and slow unlike the ruckus (in the good way) that's Baccano!~
Feb 21, 2010 3:33 AM

Sep 2009
I liked this episode a lot....but I wouldn't say it's my favorite. Anyways...good to have some background info on Shizuo and Izaya.
Feb 21, 2010 3:52 AM

Aug 2008
Kagura89 said:
With all the lots of central characters on the ground,this kind of character centered ep is needed of flesh out their background & relation with other cast.Heck even Izaya & Anri are the only cast that not yet have their ep centered on them.(...)

Hm. As much as I'd love to see ep solely given to Awesomaya, I'm afraid they won't do this. I mean, we saw lots of him in 2ep and his motives were partially given out. Same thing with cellphone stomping situation. Izaya showes up, unexpected, causes some ruckus and lurks back to the shadows. At least I wouldn't center action on him for a while, leaving this for later.
But again, studio is doing great job, and either way it probably be concluded just fine.
Feb 21, 2010 4:02 AM

Jun 2007
Shizuo gives a whole new meaning to "A History of Violence"

I'm sensing that Izaya is using Shizuo's hatred for him to his advantage to cause things..

Interesting that Shinra knows Izaya and Shizuo...
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Feb 21, 2010 5:43 AM

Jun 2008
dats f**kin awesome!!!!!
MOARRRRR!!!!!
Feb 21, 2010 6:04 AM

Dec 2009
wahahahaha XD this episode really funny :D Shizuo is so cool :P
Shizuo always yelling
" Izayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~!!"

Feb 21, 2010 6:27 AM

Oct 2009
cyoko said:
Shizuo always yelling

I did not mention this but is anyone else joining in IRL Shizuo with yelling out at the same time as him Izayaaaaaaaaaaa!? The fandom caught me on and I officially find it more engaging to do that at the same time as Shizuo does it. Anyone else also?

Feb 21, 2010 7:14 AM

May 2009
Ahahahahaha XD I just love Shizuo's past. And the brother pairing is really well chosen XD Shizuo is nuts and his brother ish a passive poker-faced guy :D they're sooooo cute when they're little. And the successive bones breaking was quite funn xD Gosh this has got to be my favorite episode yet in Durarara. (Well, not surprizing since shizuo is my favorite character and Izaya comes right after :D )

Hahas. Street poles flying are dah best.
Feb 21, 2010 8:43 AM

Apr 2008
Oh, man, this show keeps topping itself. :') This episode was rrrrrridiculously good.

I find it pretty adorable that the tension between Shizuo and Izaya started with no real basis, ahaha. "I just didn't like him."
Feb 21, 2010 8:48 AM

Jan 2010
I like it when they fight
Just like childhood rivals/enemies
Sig deleted for being too large.
Feb 21, 2010 9:34 AM

Apr 2009
It's the best ep so far.

Feb 21, 2010 10:18 AM

May 2009
An entire episode of Shizuo sending stuff flying.. What's not to love?! Fucking awesome.
Feb 21, 2010 11:25 AM

Aug 2009
francismeunier said:
cyoko said:
Shizuo always yelling

I did not mention this but is anyone else joining in IRL Shizuo with yelling out at the same time as him Izayaaaaaaaaaaa!? The fandom caught me on and I officially find it more engaging to do that at the same time as Shizuo does it. Anyone else also?

So, all three of us screamed "Izaaayaaaaa'at the same time? Cool!
I knew what was coming, and I was ready to join with him. =D
It felt good.
Feb 21, 2010 11:46 AM

Jun 2009
This show is simply fantastic. ^^
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 21, 2010 12:43 PM

Oct 2008
The bitter relationship between Izaya and Shizuo is wacky, like "Looney Tunes" wacky. Every single time they both meet and all hell breaks loose, I can't help but think of the Bugs Bunny cartoons where Elmer Fudd unsucessfully attempts to hunt him down. Only in the case of Durarara, Elmer doesn't use a gun and has apparently been on a LOT of steroids.

Izaya: "Eh, ...what's up bartender?"

Shizuo: "IZAYAAAAAA!!!"

*throws an oversized applaince and misses*

Izaya: "Missed me, now you gotta get me!"

Shizuo: "IZAAAYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"
HypeathonFeb 21, 2010 12:49 PM
Feb 21, 2010 1:15 PM

Jun 2008
I fucking love this show. Ahaha, high school, just everything about it.

IIIIIIIIIZAAAAAAAAYAAAAAAAA!!!
Feb 21, 2010 1:54 PM

Feb 2010
Blackiris said:
It's the best ep so far.

Yup was really really awesome!

Watching his past and all his jobs was hilarious.
Feb 21, 2010 3:51 PM

Jan 2010
Am I the only one who think that Simon have one of the best japanese accent ever ? :o

"Hey, ShIzU-OW !"
Feb 21, 2010 3:57 PM

Mar 2009
awesome episode, Shizou is the best

I love to hate Izaya :)

kinda rooting for Shizou x Selty, Shinra is too freaky for her :O

didn't read manga, so pacing is perfect for me
Feb 21, 2010 4:01 PM

Oct 2009
k0k0 said:
francismeunier said:
cyoko said:
Shizuo always yelling

So, all three of us screamed "Izaaayaaaaa'at the same time? Cool!
I knew what was coming, and I was ready to join with him. =D
It felt good.
Great we are the screaming Izayaaaaaa! Squad! Someone should open a club about this so every time it happens we record time and date from our location.....now that would be good to do. It's good people join on this. Personally I find it a good thing to get into the character of Shizuo.

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

330 by Beatnik »»
Feb 25, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

455 by ryzxgum »»
Jan 19, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Mar 31, 2010

336 by 2life »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:27 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Jan 28, 2010

276 by 2life »»
Nov 26, 2023 5:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.