Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Dec 26, 2014 10:53 PM
Aug 2011
I enjoy the relationship between the brothers.
Izaya though, is such a huge shit to Shizou and well... in general, but I can't help but love him ahaha.
Jan 3, 2015 7:01 PM

Jul 2014
Izaya and Shizuo are by far my favorite characters
Jan 7, 2015 6:32 AM

May 2013
Even after six episodes, OP's still awesome.

Surprise, Shizuo doesn't like violence; he just wants to be stronger.
Because after screwing up so many times, he still can't kill Izaya.
At least Celty is there to support him. And awesome how Shinra was also their schoolmate.

This backstory helped me appreciate Shizuo a little bit more. (^_^)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 25, 2015 7:45 AM

Jul 2013
wow this show have so many interesting characters and fun interaction, you can rarelly see somethink similar
Jan 28, 2015 2:55 PM

Aug 2008
In episode 7, there's a character I was wondering about. This is the ep about Shizuo. Well, basically there's a character (from the high school entrance on) in a black uniform with slicked back black hair. I can't figure out who this is supposed to be. They actually color him, so it seems like he'd be important. I don't think it's Tom (appearance change being so drastic and all). Was it Dotachin?
Feb 14, 2015 2:53 AM
Mar 2013
Really nice that we got to know Shizuo better. I'm not quite sure but he seems to hate violence??? Not sure why I think that.
Feb 18, 2015 5:16 PM

Jul 2013
The atmosphere in Durarara is AWESOME!!!
Jun 17, 2015 4:43 AM

Apr 2010
Shizuo's story was really good imo. :3
Jun 17, 2015 8:15 AM

Jul 2014
4/5
Jun 29, 2015 9:42 PM

Jun 2013
this show sucks unless it's about Shizuo or Izaya

Jul 7, 2015 2:40 PM

Jun 2015
i loved so much and over all it made me love Durarara even more. Shizuo is a good character and his conflict with Izaya adds a very funny flavor
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jul 17, 2015 2:50 PM

Mar 2012
Poor Shizuo has some serious anger management.
Sep 11, 2015 7:38 AM

Jul 2014
Shizuyo logic: I don't like violence, but I'll pick up a refrigerator to throw at you if you make me angry. Or a dog. Or a human. Or a car.

LOVED the episode xD Shizuyo-san is my new crush :3

And i don't know why, I hate Izaya-san, too. For no reason, of course :v
Oct 8, 2015 9:23 AM

Jul 2015
Now this is my favourite character is Shizuo
And i really like this episode
Oct 8, 2015 9:49 AM
Nov 2012
I was hoping there would be a better explanation for Shizuo's strength. Even with that type of strength you can't throw refrigerator's into the sky or pull street lamps out of the ground. I know because I actually suffer from a condition just like this, it's made me bigger than my classmates and stronger too but in real life you get something called -adrenal fatigue- and it sucks, you get tired or lose your stamina for certain types of physical activities. The injury thing is probably true though because I actually broke my own arm playing sports in high school just when I had an Adrenalin rush I reached too far and dislocated my shoulder by cracking the socket. Well anyway, it's just fantasy but I felt they were somewhat close to getting it right, I mean why not go all the way?
Nov 9, 2015 7:12 PM
Nov 2015
This is just a bit off topic but there is a moment in the episode where shizuo walks by a theatre showing 5 anime, i didn't pay much attention the first time since anime sometime make up fake anime to exist in their world (i.e. oreimo) but after watching it again i noticed id seen two of the anime listed #2 darker than black and #4 baccano but... i cant figure out what the other three are! Ive been looking all over for the answer but i cant find it anywhere so if anyone knows the answer id really like to know! Thank you and again sorry it's kinda off topic.. or topic adjacent.
Dec 17, 2015 12:45 AM

Nov 2015
This was indeed a grand episode! At some point Shizuo's anger made me laugh.He is really a very interesting character. I hope he will get control of his anger sometime. Izawa is a great character too.I just admire these two awesome characters!!
Dec 17, 2015 6:19 AM

Oct 2015
Great episode. We come to know about the past story of Shizuo. I always thought how did Izaya and Shizuo know Celty from before. The 3 were friends before. I like the crazy Act of Shizuo XD. Izaya and Shizuo are best in Duararra!!
Jan 5, 2016 4:48 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Lol, Shizuo is the best, Lol, he's totally not violent and he totally looks like as if he hates violence! Izaya's a troll, lol!

5/5
Jan 6, 2016 8:02 AM

May 2013
lol I like them both, but gotta say I'm more #TeamShizuo :D

Shi-kun in a HS uniform was <3333333333333333 ah~ my heart >////< too handsome for my heart <3 <3 <3

It's cute how he talked to Celty about it C: I love Celty.

Thought that chick at the convenience store who first gave him milk was accidentally killed when he threw something, so I'm glad she's okay haha.
And I like Kasuka as well. He doesn't speak much but is very cool and collected. I like characters like this :] I guess he doesn't act in roles that make him smile? Too much, no? Lolol xD
Feb 21, 2016 12:59 AM

Jun 2012
Still have no idea where this show is going, but it's pretty cool that I can relate to Shizuo so much. Didn't think I had any of these aspects in common with anyone. I also hate violence, but I tend to pick up the biggest thing I can when I get angry. Or I used to anywho. Nonetheless he's a surprisingly relatable guy for me.

And after some consideration I think Dotachin was that guy with slicked back hair at the highschool right before that second time you see Izaya smiling down at him in the school.
Mar 25, 2016 8:48 AM

Aug 2014
Shizuo is such a great character, great episode and I really loved his background!
Apr 3, 2016 8:22 PM

Sep 2014
Izaya and Shizuo are such good characters.

Shizuo is my favorite atm.

Man I'm hoping they get more screen time than the other characters.
Jul 16, 2016 2:56 AM

Mar 2015
Izaya=Sanji
shizu-chan=Zoro

Shizuo past was very interesting. I dont know how did he obtain that brute force. When he was crushed by truck was the most funniest.

Its nice that each character has connection with each other.

4.4/5
Oct 3, 2016 6:05 PM

Mar 2012
izaya is a manipulative piece of shit.
i love him as a character, but i'm starting to think he's just a sadist and i wonder why.

shizuo is a pretty nice guy, surprisingly. this was the funniest episode so far, i think. first time i give it a 5/5 too.
Nov 5, 2016 11:45 AM

Nov 2015

Another rather lovely episode! Durarara!! gives me no reason to dislike a single thing. Everything is connected.
I wanted to understand Shizuo but the guy is really a lost case xD He hates violence but the only way he can drain his hate is with it. I don't understand how his body possesses so much strength and how he can recover from all that damage but meh, it's not that important I guess.

I would hate Izaya too if someone did to me something like that. But man, that was hate at first sight!

I was wondering who was that kid complaining with rather specific terms on what caused him pain when Shizuo... well, caused him pain. Thanks to the time-skip I knew it was Shinra xD

Shinra, Izaya, Celty and Shizuo. Good friends indeed xD
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• Ohh, so Shinra had his eyes laid on Celty since many years now... oh jojojo... There you go Shinra jaja.

• LOL That crazy laugh in the before the eye-catch xD

• Baccano! and Darker than Black references!!

PD: How can Celty be best girl if she doesn't have a head!? Maybe it's the cat ears helmet.. and that voice...
Nov 7, 2016 4:46 PM
Feb 2015
i like both izaya and shizuo
Nov 19, 2016 5:23 PM

Sep 2013
Good background for Shizuo. Nice episode

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 3, 2017 11:18 AM

Mar 2016
Lmao so it was hate on 1st sight .
Lovely background story . They both fuel each other (izaya and shizuo) . Ever since Shinra introduced shizuo to izaya, he didn't like his despicable and fishy nature . Thus, their 1st fight . Shizuo fueld izaya in which he presented to him a great means of having his own "fun" and satisfy his manipulative nature and enjoy Shizuo's rage as well as tire him with gangs coming all over him and framed him for a crime. In return, izaya was a big chance to let out all of that rage that swells within him especially when he has more than one reason to do so . Again, Dazai and chuuya = Izaya and Shizuo ..
Sep 14, 2017 4:16 AM
Dec 2012
We go from abducting people to Shizuos backstory.

Not sure Izaya has done anything to warrant the hate. But he definitely seems shady.

Shizuo is an interesting character though. He seems to have a good relationship with Celty.
I'm interested to see where it goes.

Nov 4, 2017 9:34 PM

Sep 2016
Shizuo the no limits guy. That's cool for me, Izaya the mastermind...
Great, this was interesting as hell, Celty is pretty cool too.
So much adrenaline in the episodes too.
Dec 27, 2018 2:00 PM

Jun 2015
"i dont like violence"
throws fridge at brother

i like these characters for what they are though, especially celty
Aug 15, 2019 6:14 AM

May 2016
This was my favorite episode so far~ Shizuo's strength being the result of his brain forgetting to put the usual strength limiters that prevent the body from destroying himself while pumping him full of adrenaline when he gets furious was a fairly sound explanation to his superhuman strength. Kasuka's been there for him ever since the beginning but I guess getting arrested after he went out of his way to help him not get into trouble put a strain on their relationship. Thanks, Izaya.

If there's a person smirking in the background while you're ganged up by dozens of people you've never met, they usually have something to do with it. I'd also be super pissed off if someone rewarded the person who accidentally ran me over as if that's a good thing if I survived, that is. He just wants to live a quiet life and that pain in the ass came out of nowhere just for laughs again lmao

Celty sheepishly trying to defuse the situation was super funny and adorable.

Sep 1, 2019 4:40 PM

Feb 2019
Why does everyone know who the headless rider is? Even more importantly, why do none of the characters care that she doesn't have a head?!?

I thought this anime was supposed to focus on the mystery of the headless rider, but its not really a mystery anymore and the anime doesn't seem to focus on anything in particular.

I mean, what is the end goal of the anime? What does the Slasher have to do with any of this?
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Apr 23, 2020 10:59 PM

Feb 2018
Shizuo's brother is a artist, lol.
May 9, 2020 3:16 AM

Apr 2013
So he says he hates violence and basically beats people up he meets for the first time because he doesn't like their faces and rages like a kiddo if he can't beat them up. Easily worst character in this show so far.
Aug 6, 2020 8:42 PM
Oct 2019
Best episode by far. I kinda like Shizuo now, even if he's flawed.
Dec 12, 2020 7:35 AM

May 2016
Nice backstory, no wonder he hates Izaya that much he is a fiend.

that ending still is hitting all the strings, hope the next one be that good as well.

Celty is such a adorable character can't hate her, and she is easily one of my favorites even Shizuo got calm after talking with her.
Jun 23, 2021 7:43 PM

Aug 2017
I like how Shizuo can makes friends like Celty despite his temper. Now I know why people ship Izaya with Shizuo so much.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 21, 2021 8:28 AM
Jun 2021
Shizou is awesome, but Izaya is on a whole other level.
Aug 23, 2021 6:30 AM
Jul 2019
the last scene where he is screaming izaya always cracks me up
Dec 8, 2021 1:19 AM

May 2020
Lol Shizuo was always like that right from his childhood. He certainly is one fun character.

And looks like he and Izaya were always at odds.
May 1, 2022 11:32 AM
Sep 2019
Lol shizuo is defintely my favorite character so far. He is funny without even trying šŸ¤£
Jun 9, 2022 7:50 AM

Feb 2021
Lol, they were showing anime posters like Darker than Black and Baccano in the background in the theatres.

Shizuo has a little brother who is an actor? Shinra was a classmate of Shizuo

Damn, he broke a ton of bones when he was a kid huh? I guess he was just born with the rare phenomenon called 'hysterical strength'. It rarely appears when we are faced with a highly perilous situation and give us momentary inhuman strength. But Shizuo can bring that out on will I guess.

Oh man, poor Shizou wanted to help out that nice lady.

So Shizou basically knows Celty through Shinra. Shinra was always head over heel for Celty lmao. He also met Izaya around the same time. Izaya too seems to know Celty through Shinra. Dotachin was his junior back in his high school days.

Izaya sure made Shizuo's life a living hell. Now that we see him from Shizuo's perspective, he seems so fucking annoying.

Shizuo didn't want to fight but his extreme strength attracted various opponents.

I guess this is when he realised Izaya is back in the city.

Best episode yet!

Aug 12, 2022 12:22 PM

May 2018
Ah some Shizuo backstory. So it was Izaya that powered him up lol
Nov 6, 2022 9:41 PM
Apr 2020
It was good and I enjoyed it.
Jan 2, 2023 3:15 PM
Mar 2020
I can't get enough of this damn anime. I'm fucking hooked.
Jan 5, 2023 3:50 AM
May 2020
I think, and it might be a whimsical thought on my part but I think shizuo doesn't like violence
Mar 25, 2023 1:27 PM

Feb 2018
Looks like we got to learn more about Shizuo.
Feb 5, 6:31 PM
Jul 2023
Just very entertaining and excellent character
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

330 by Beatnik »»
Feb 25, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

455 by ryzxgum »»
Jan 19, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Mar 31, 2010

336 by 2life »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:27 AM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Jan 28, 2010

276 by 2life »»
Nov 26, 2023 5:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.