Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 5, 2010 1:34 PM

Oct 2007
ex0 said:

Also, when and what did WB lose half his face to? I thought it was from the end when all those lvl6 dudes attacked him, but it seems he's already missing half his face on page 6, third panel, and this is before BB even attacks him, just after he destroys half the castle thing..

Big panel on the top left >.> Seems like a few ppl missed that

edit: ok I have no idea how to show an image T.T
aaaaaa112341124Mar 5, 2010 1:37 PM
Mar 5, 2010 1:37 PM
Mar 2009
Just read it today. I loved how Whitebeard was able to smack down on Teach before he passed on. It was if he let it all out after wanting to do it for so long as something he had to do before he died. RIP. This is totally a small climax going into a new era in the story. I wonder the reaction of the nakamas will be considering they are missing all this.
Mar 5, 2010 1:38 PM

May 2007
WHITEBEARD. x_____x'
So Roger knew what the will of D meant... and WB said that Blackbeard is 'not what of them'... what does that mean?! :x

Mar 5, 2010 2:31 PM

Jun 2008
NoyaChan said:
WHITEBEARD. x_____x'
So Roger knew what the will of D meant... and WB said that Blackbeard is 'not what of them'... what does that mean?! :x

Probably that everyone of them (with the name D) was/is a good guy and so ... and Teach is a bad guy :D
Mar 5, 2010 7:10 PM

Nov 2007
He endured everything but ‘not a single wound of cowardice.’ And thus, Whitebeard’s legacy is painted in the One Piece course of history.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Mar 6, 2010 12:19 AM

May 2009
zerron said:
NoyaChan said:
WHITEBEARD. x_____x'
Probably that everyone of them (with the name D) was/is a good guy and so ... and Teach is a bad guy :D
He may have adopted the name having learned of it's notoriety. I've yet to see a .D beg for his/her life. Or maybe I'm forgetting something?
<edit>-------------------------------
Btw the lines of Bad/Good in One Piece are very blurred. Luffy would do anything in his power to achieve his goals, no different from The Blackbeard. To give a hypothetical example: If The Firefist's goal was indeed One Piece and made it to the end to face off against Luffy(If One Piece's premise was that idiotic) In a life or death situation Ace would inevitably get killed by Luffy.

The Blackbeard is in fact the hero of the moment, since we all agree that Sengoku is an idiotic scumbag. All the while somewhere on an island, a little girl idolizes Sengoku for protecting her much younger little brother from the evil pirates...

One Piece should have been a seinen :(
gastricjuiceMar 6, 2010 12:59 AM
Mar 6, 2010 9:05 AM

Jan 2008
can't wait for the next chapter, really something that now people in one piece are actually dying and not how it was for 550 chapters where really NOONE died no matter how beaten up or "bad" they were.

hoping for some luffy action next chapter :>
"Truth is always a delusion." - Friedrich Dürrenmatt
Mar 6, 2010 11:16 AM

Apr 2009
effing amazing chapter...
Mar 6, 2010 11:42 AM
Jan 2010
ok here is what i think will happen. first of all i dont think there will be a timeskip, and if there is it wont be a big one, maybe just a few days skip. I think BB will let luffy go for now cause he wants him to get rested so they can fight in future. Then lufffy will meet up with crew, who hopefully will have new awesome moves, and they will go to merman island as previously planned. then later an arc will be made of strawhats vs BB crew. u know, luffy vs BB usopp vs giant guy, nami vs ugly woman, zoro vs that ex warden etc. if this arc does happen and its made in a really awesome way, it has the potential of being better than the enies lobby arc which imo is best arc so far.
Mar 6, 2010 3:10 PM

Jun 2008
gastricjuice said:
zerron said:
NoyaChan said:
WHITEBEARD. x_____x'
He may have adopted the name having learned of it's notoriety. I've yet to see a .D beg for his/her life. Or maybe I'm forgetting something?
<edit>-------------------------------
Btw the lines of Bad/Good in One Piece are very blurred. Luffy would do anything in his power to achieve his goals, no different from The Blackbeard. To give a hypothetical example: If The Firefist's goal was indeed One Piece and made it to the end to face off against Luffy(If One Piece's premise was that idiotic) In a life or death situation Ace would inevitably get killed by Luffy.

The Blackbeard is in fact the hero of the moment, since we all agree that Sengoku is an idiotic scumbag. All the while somewhere on an island, a little girl idolizes Sengoku for protecting her much younger little brother from the evil pirates...

One Piece should have been a seinen :(

Why would he adopted a name when nobody knows it's meaning ??? If he knows it's secret wouldn't he brag about being a part of those people because he would steal the name for that very reason (since I don't see any other) ?

Bad/Good isn't blurry to me, mortal combat between Luffy and Ace is just your imagination (to me nonsense) - even Roger didn't kill Whitebeard, the stronger one wins, that's all - Teach kills his friends.

We have yet to see what he will do against the marines.
Mar 6, 2010 4:39 PM
May 2009
RIP Whitebeard!
Mar 6, 2010 7:45 PM

Mar 2010
WB is the new MUSASHIBO BENKEI!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sait%C5%8D_Musashib%C5%8D_Benkei
Yeah WB Rulez!!! XD

EPIC chapter, i really LOVED it!!!

Oda still NEVER fail to impress me in EVERY chapter... he's a genius!!!
Nobody's Perfect. and I'm a nobody, so I'm perfect.
Mar 6, 2010 10:03 PM

Aug 2008
Oda just keeps killing off my fav. characters wdf? =(
Mar 6, 2010 11:35 PM

Jul 2008
dam..
O.o
so this is it....
and the suspense and questions are yet to be over !!!
Mar 7, 2010 4:14 AM

May 2009
zerron said:
Why would he adopted a name when nobody knows it's meaning ??? If he knows it's secret wouldn't he brag about being a part of those people because he would steal the name for that very reason (since I don't see any other) ?

Bad/Good isn't blurry to me, mortal combat between Luffy and Ace is just your imagination (to me nonsense) - even Roger didn't kill Whitebeard, the stronger one wins, that's all - Teach kills his friends.

We have yet to see what he will do against the marines.
He doesn't have to know what it means Zerron. Just that people with the name .D are diehard badasses. Like, I said, I'm taking it literally. I've yet to see a .D cower in fear.

You are missing my point, I am saying that they do what they need to do to reach their goals(it's an extreme example but not nonsense). I'm sure you know very well why The Blackbeard used The Whitebeard, killed his comrade Thatch, captured The Firefist and used The Marines. All of these things don't necessarily make The Blackbeard a "bad" guy. Do you have any Idea how many innocent people Luffy killed at Impel Down? COUNTLESS! If One Piece toughens up, I hope to see an ark where Luffy has to deal with the vengeful son/daughter of a marine he killed...
Mar 7, 2010 5:57 AM

Jun 2007
Luffy doesn't kill. His enemies always get nothing more then knocked out.
Seeing their dreams crushed is a more fitting punishment in his eyes. Even guys like that celestial dragon (at the auction house) just got punched very very hard. Luffy does NOT kill.

That doesn't mean you're wrong though. Yea Blackbeard kills. But so do the marines who are supposed to be the "good guys" In a world like One Piece killing off someone as a means to get what you want is common. Yea it's selfish of Blackbeard, but what about Luffy?

He's just as selfish, it's just that in his case it's often for something that we the readers consider "good"

I like the idea of Blackbeard not being a real D, but he could just be the black sheep of the family, that or while Whitebeard was choking him, he knew full well that he would survive. We'll see. But I'm pretty sure Whitebeards last words are gonna haunt him.
Mar 7, 2010 6:28 AM

Jun 2008
This isn't about killing anybody ... A D killing his comrades/family just to make it big is a black sheep for me, but still, BlackBeard is strong enough to be a D and has his own dreams - he has guts and can do great things.

If Luffy were like him, he would've killed Usopp back then in the fight for the ship.
Mar 7, 2010 7:00 AM
Jul 2009
this manga is the best! to die standing is fucking epic!
Mar 7, 2010 7:05 AM

May 2009
@ Mulderman
Argh! I really meant Enies Lobby(I'll go check up on impel down :) ), He threw a lot of people into that bottomless pit, i doubt they swam back out ;P
I like how you put it, they are all selfish. Because of their goals. I wonder how long Luffy will remain good, he's gonna have to make a lot of tough decisions in the new world(I hope).

@Zerron
I'm emphasizing that they stake their lives on their goals, like Mulderman said they are selfish in a way. Just read what Zoro says to Luyffy on chapter six. And I also recall The Blackbeard saying somethig about having no other choice but to kill him.
Mar 7, 2010 7:08 AM

May 2008
I felt chills down my spine in each page. Amazing. Just amazing.
Mar 7, 2010 4:39 PM

Jun 2008
gastricjuice said:

@Zerron
I'm emphasizing that they stake their lives on their goals, like Mulderman said they are selfish in a way. Just read what Zoro says to Luyffy on chapter six. And I also recall The Blackbeard saying somethig about having no other choice but to kill him.

Sure he didn't have a choice, just like with Whitebeard, he was crying while trying to kill him ... wait, did I mixed something up, hmh.
Mar 7, 2010 7:12 PM

Oct 2007
Jesuvius said:
I believe Blackbeard's weakness was the fact that he was too sure of himself. He believes his power to be the best, therefore leaving his guard open.

His power, yes... but I think it's also his haki. I think he's the other one with the "royal haki" that Ace referred to, which is why he's sure other people's abilities can't touch him.
Mar 7, 2010 9:59 PM

Dec 2009
This chapter was just..wow, I can't even put it into words.
Mar 7, 2010 11:07 PM

May 2009
zerron said:
Sure he didn't have a choice, just like with Whitebeard, he was crying while trying to kill him ... wait, did I mixed something up, hmh.
lol, The Blackbeard himself said he respects him. That isn't something a captain should say in front of his Nakama. That chapter I mentioned is 440.
Mar 16, 2010 5:47 PM
Oct 2009
Catarina Devon should be Ussop's real mother...look at that nose....

and RIP WB legendary man
May 31, 2010 12:53 PM

Feb 2009
Epic death is epic.
Sep 30, 2010 12:12 AM

Oct 2008
R.I.P - WB.

You were an awesome pirate and father. ;-;
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Nov 2, 2010 4:25 PM

Jul 2009
As awesome as this arc has been it makes me sad that this will probably be the highest point in One Piece. I don't think Oda can top this, basically because I found it that damn good. I'd gladly be proven wrong though.
Nov 3, 2010 1:47 AM

Apr 2009
^dont worry, there are other epic characters bigger than Whitebeard

aka Garp or Shanks..

i'd like to sea Garp's epic death since he always said luffy will become pirate king only after his body
Nov 3, 2010 1:47 AM

Apr 2009
^dont worry, there are other epic characters bigger than Whitebeard

aka Garp or Shanks..

i'd like to sea Garp's epic death since he always said luffy will become pirate king only after his body
Mar 18, 2011 3:51 AM

Sep 2009
Crazy good.

RIP Whitebeard. Go join your son.
Feb 2, 2014 5:56 AM

Jun 2012
re read this, amazing chapter :D

I had to re read it to make sure, there was exit wounds, wasn't odas bad, but the animators :P

I watch the anime version fairly regularly :P

And remembering odas words that the final arc is going to make marineford look like a side story is giving me chills. And i know he isn't lying when he says that :D
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Jul 6, 2015 4:50 PM

Feb 2014
Damn, RIP Whitebeard! I really don't like Blackbeard...
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Jan 3, 2016 12:38 AM

Oct 2013
That was the most F**kin badass death I've ever seen in any anime/manga!! Whitebeard is a legend. He deserves more respect!
Apr 26, 2016 3:18 PM

Oct 2015
Damn, One Piece, you're killing me </3
This arc is amazing but so sad...
May 8, 2017 8:38 AM
May 2016
This just became one of mu favorite chapters of all time
And OP rn is my second favorite manga of all time

Man I was missing out
May 12, 2017 6:12 AM

Mar 2008
RIP Whitebeard, what an absolute beast. Great chapter, Akainu etc. are absolutely nothing before WB. He was this heavily wounded and they still couldn't face him.
Aug 16, 2017 8:00 AM
Apr 2016
Edward Newgate "WHITEBEARD" is one of the best fictional characters of all time.
Dec 26, 2017 1:26 AM

Feb 2013
Not a single wound on his back, he was awesome.
Dec 26, 2017 7:01 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
and this time died Shirohige!!!! :/
Sep 9, 2018 2:40 PM

Dec 2015
One last 'fuck you' to the Marines hahaha! RIP Whitebeard!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 12, 2020 9:07 AM

Jun 2017
How dismal it is that all their efforts were gone in vain. A lot even died and yet, they weren't able to achieve their goal to save Ace. And what's worse, Whitebeard is dead too. Oh well...just like in any other stories, not everything is a victory.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
May 8, 2021 10:57 AM
May 2020
YEP, Whitebeard is Chuck Norris's father. Anyone who says that he is the anime-equivalent to Chuck Norris is wrong for he is far greater. Prove me wrong.
Mar 17, 2022 1:48 AM
Jun 2021
How did ace know that jimbei is going to be freed by luffy? Ace told jimbei to take after luffy if he died,how did he know that jimbei is going to be saved? This is a plot hole
Jun 1, 2022 5:27 AM

Mar 2021
WHAT. A. CRAZY. CHAPTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

What a fucking beast. What a badass death. Rest in peace Whitebeard, you are one of my favorites. You crazy old man.

Also: ONE PIECE IS REAL!!!
A CONFIRMATION I DIDN'T KNOW I NEEDED. CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Jul 1, 2022 9:43 AM

Nov 2020
man i love whitebeard
even his death was epic
Oct 13, 2022 12:17 PM

May 2021
My man. Going out in a manner I find even more badass than Roger himself.

He also confirmed the existence of the One Piece, LIVE, I believe and that's gotta be a huge L to the world government. Also shed some light on the will of D. which I'm expecting to maybe be something related to the lost Kingdom of the 10o year void.

Dec 5, 2022 7:24 PM

Aug 2021
whitebeard confirming that the one piece actually exists has to be one of the coolest moments ever
Oct 28, 2023 6:18 PM

Jan 2021
THE ONE PIECE IS REAL!!! WHITEBEARD HAS RELIT THE SPARK FOR THIS GENERATION, CONFIRMING THAT INDEED, THE ONE PIECE IS REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whitebeard is aware of where the one piece is I'm guessing and also knows the true meaning behind the will of D and it must not be exactly what it seems at face value as Blackbeard holds the will of D but is a horrible person, we've only ever seen good people with it, so what does this mean???

267 sword wounds, 152 bullet wounds and 46 cannon wounds... yet this man, Whitebeard, Edward Newgate, STILL STOOD EVEN IN DEATH!!!

Whitebeard was an absolute BEAST, or better yet, as he was called, a MONSTER!!! I absolutely love his character! he MADE this arc!!!

A man who's only goal in life was to have a family, ended his life having one of the largest families in the world and being loved by so, so, so much people!!!

Rest In Peace Edward Newgate, you will be remembered and this era will be dedicated for you!

Just like Gol D. Roger did, Edward Newgate inspired hope into the people across the world by revealing that the one piece is real! and for that, he will be remembered for many many many generations to come!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - 54 minutes ago

1 by bdogzippy »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Yesterday, 3:52 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

31 by Pakumen- »»
Yesterday, 12:40 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Dec 17, 2023

87 by Slimdudejim »»
Apr 21, 10:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 769 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Maerow - Nov 26, 2014

67 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 21, 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.