Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 21, 2010 9:22 AM

Nov 2008
That's it. I really appreciate what Shaft has done so far, but I'm through. Is no one bothered by the red screen raping (excuse my language), or has this already become their trademark, simply approved by those who were so infatuated with Bakemono? And then, the murder scene of tons of schoolgirls, which, as it endorses a vampire, should have been filled with blood. (Not that I actually care for those scenes, but I'm just saying.) Where? They couldn't be bothered showing it, or there was simply a lack of resources. (read: money=/=time.) In the case of Bakemono, it started off as being pseudo-artistic, but later on, it just became a continuation of irritation. Not animating the actual scenes because of beforementioned reasons, that's .. acceptable, but don't go and try to pass it off as some abstract scene, by burning several bibles. Yeah. I don't buy it.
I think it has become quite clear that they have been stretching it too much, and the recap scheduled for next week only reassures this fact. I'm almost disgusted. And yet they still manage to mislead people and succesfully take them in.

About the actual content of the episode? I was supposed to enjoy it, I guess. But like every other episode, it does nothing. Or perhaps I just couldn't care less about the cast of characters.
EDIT: This is by no means a rant personally against Shaft. I don't hold a grudge against them or anything. Far from that. I loved what they did with SZS and how they made ef their own. They're known for adding just this little extra to their shows, which makes it stand out from the others. (Not talking about the adaptation of the story to screen and the quality of the animation itself, but their releases are just different than a regular company.) And all those quirky things they get away with, yes, it's all 100% SHAFT. But the road they took this time, is not done.

msskitties said:
There were red stills, black stills, still stills, looong dialogues blah blah blah, HUGE censors--- and obviously lazy animation.

You missed that random blue still.
desolatoFeb 21, 2010 10:44 AM
Feb 21, 2010 10:14 AM

Apr 2009
The end with Akira and Mina and Yuki just watching and the rest of the episode after that was great,but before that it was boring as hell like the rest of this anime...
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Feb 21, 2010 11:00 AM

Jan 2008
The best of the worst... Color flashing was horrible, glittering Mina reminded me of what I've read about Twilight.

Episode score disregarding abovementioned horrors, censorship and shitsux action scenes: 4/5 .

Final score after taking everything into account (disregarding the existence of source manga) : 1.5/5.

Seriously, after this anime Shaft goes to my never-watch-anime-by-them list. It will have a good company, e.g Gonzo.

Although I've tried very hard, it's impossible to appreciate this anime (and again, I'm not even comparing it to the manga.)

It seems that Twilight craze has reached Japan ~_~

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Feb 21, 2010 11:00 AM
Mar 2009
Bad episode. Not only did this feel rushed, the fight was incredibly underwhelming. This could have been so much better in my opinion. I'm guessing SHAFT is still drunk off of Bakemonogatari.
Feb 21, 2010 11:21 AM

Jan 2010
Easily the best episode of the series, the censoring really didnt cover much up anyway so I don't see why everyone is complaining about it. Really, why bother watching it so this long if your just gonna bitch about how bad it is?

Super saiyan mina was awesome =D

I am proud to have Clannad as the only thing on my dropped list.
Feb 21, 2010 11:23 AM

Sep 2007
lol nerdrage at SHAFT
Feb 21, 2010 11:41 AM
Jul 2008
Can anyone give me a plot summary what happened in this episode?
Feb 21, 2010 12:51 PM

Nov 2009
confuser987 said:
Can anyone give me a plot summary what happened in this episode?

In essence, everyone at the church gets ambushed by vampires and bitten. Mina blabbers with the leader of the group who wants to create a new era of vampires. Then she stabs his eye out and calls him a loser. Akira comes back, finishes the leader off. Apparently Mina & Akira settled their argument by turning into their true forms and having a bad ass fight (which was not shown at all). He saves her from being pierced by a wooden stake and they make up.

I think everyone does have the right to complain, since this was the first episode they decided to sensor at all if i can remember. That or at least blatantly. The only reason Mina was glowing, by the way, was because otherwise she would have been stark naked. Just another censoring tool.

I suggest if your that upset over it just go read this chapter of manga. *shrug*
Feb 21, 2010 1:08 PM

Nov 2007
Congrats to Akira for getting knighted.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Feb 21, 2010 1:19 PM
Apr 2009
Great Episode.
Seems like some of you hate the cuts but Ilove them.
Remember me of Bakemonogatari.
And well yeahr this was an action scene and Shaft diddn#t show action but this is the goof part of Shaft.

They're authentic. If I want to see some brainless people who have to kill each other I'll go to the cinema.

Shaft tried to show the scene in an other way and well I liked.

I can understand why people are complaining about this episode but hey you knew from the beginning that it is from Shaft.
I love their style and I love this episode.
Feb 21, 2010 1:59 PM

Jan 2010
If I wasn't in love with this serie already I would be now.
Somehow it felt like an ending, but luckily there are still 5 episodes coming up 8D
Feb 21, 2010 2:37 PM

Dec 2009
The fight was sort of cool C:
Yuki watching them seemed kinda awkward... why didn't she leave?
But it seemed like the series ended, I thought that was weird.
I guess theirs another arc?
Feb 21, 2010 2:53 PM
Jul 2009
*Twitch*
Well Mina's transformation, Looked like a mixture between Vampire Moka from R+V and All those losers from twilight. But thats the only complaint I have about looks.

The rest of me was raging at the episode. The second half of the episode I was on the verge of screaming at my computer, but instead just did it over AIM.
I seriously hated Mina, and wished he had ended up with Yuki. I'm still pissed, and like, seriously, mad. It's taking a lot of control not to freak out.
Now I need to go watch something awesome to pick me up. ><
Feb 21, 2010 3:41 PM

Jun 2009
.......Why am I still watching this show? I am half way now and it's too late to drop out. Damn it!

And why do I see people calling this fight epic? Two half dead guys in a fist fight with the end of the world about to happen any second, that is epic. One man taking on an army in his last stand, that is epic. A giant robot battle between two galaxy sized robots who use galaxy's as shurikens and big bangs as lazer beams, that is epic. This was not even close to epic. Hell, it may not even be classified as a fight with that terrible animation.

There is no point in complaining about Shaft's terrible animation as it seems everyone else already has. Though this episode was a whole new low for them.

Just one thing...
Akira didn't accept Yuki's confession a year ago because she didn't know he was a werewolf, right? But didn't he only find out he was a werewolf once he met Mina?
PLOTHOLE!

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Feb 21, 2010 4:01 PM

Jan 2010
Lmao, you people really hate the anime, don't you? Yeah, SHAFT practically sucks at everything, but I think the plot is carrying along smoothly. I liked the episode, except for all those close-ins of eyes... wtf?
Oh, and finally we get to the part where Yuki starts to get over Akira(:
MinaxAkira FTW.
Feb 21, 2010 4:09 PM

Oct 2009
desolato said:
That's it. I really appreciate what Shaft has done so far, but I'm through. Is no one bothered by the red screen raping (excuse my language), or has this already become their trademark, simply approved by those who were so infatuated with Bakemono? And then, the murder scene of tons of schoolgirls, which, as it endorses a vampire, should have been filled with blood. (Not that I actually care for those scenes, but I'm just saying.) Where? They couldn't be bothered showing it, or there was simply a lack of resources. (read: money=/=time.) In the case of Bakemono, it started off as being pseudo-artistic, but later on, it just became a continuation of irritation. Not animating the actual scenes because of beforementioned reasons, that's .. acceptable, but don't go and try to pass it off as some abstract scene, by burning several bibles. Yeah. I don't buy it.
I think it has become quite clear that they have been stretching it too much, and the recap scheduled for next week only reassures this fact. I'm almost disgusted. And yet they still manage to mislead people and succesfully take them in.

About the actual content of the episode? I was supposed to enjoy it, I guess. But like every other episode, it does nothing. Or perhaps I just couldn't care less about the cast of characters.
EDIT: This is by no means a rant personally against Shaft. I don't hold a grudge against them or anything. Far from that. I loved what they did with SZS and how they made ef their own. They're known for adding just this little extra to their shows, which makes it stand out from the others. (Not talking about the adaptation of the story to screen and the quality of the animation itself, but their releases are just different than a regular company.) And all those quirky things they get away with, yes, it's all 100% SHAFT. But the road they took this time, is not done.
You know what desolato....you are right about your complaints and I agree with them just also add in bad management by SHAFT, being drunk with that anime Bakemonogatari and not following the manga that they should have done from the beginning. Also the censors....they could have a done them better that would leave more to the imagination.
Wasabi said:
lol nerdrage at SHAFT
Lol at your for taking it easy this time around.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Feb 21, 2010 4:26 PM

Feb 2009
So the love triangle dies...I think. I never really liked Yuuki anyway.

I'm not sure what's coming next, but atleast there's no more Mina x Akira confusion.

Feb 21, 2010 4:41 PM

Apr 2008
DarcyD said:
So the love triangle dies...I think. I never really liked Yuuki anyway.

I'm not sure what's coming next, but atleast there's no more Mina x Akira confusion.

Amen to that little piece of light in the darkness that is this poor adaptation
Feb 21, 2010 4:57 PM
Nov 2007
I smell 5 episodes of completely random, pointless, filler and considering one of them is supposed to a recap that leaves us with 4. Or they might just give up and start releasing them on the internet after a "temporary hiatus" (sound familiar?).
Feb 21, 2010 5:17 PM

Aug 2008
I just wasted 24 minutes of my life watching this crap
Feb 21, 2010 7:24 PM

Nov 2009
AidanAK47 said:

Just one thing...
Akira didn't accept Yuki's confession a year ago because she didn't know he was a werewolf, right? But didn't he only find out he was a werewolf once he met Mina?
PLOTHOLE!

Well in the first place

This is the most raging i have seen in a while (^.^) at least it is somewhat justified!
Feb 21, 2010 9:19 PM

Aug 2008
Here's something I said in my blog about how I pick shows at the beginning of the season:
What has been noticeable though is that SHAFT is a relatively small company, and has trouble making deadlines (Bakemonogatari and Zetsubou-sensei especially) due to being stretched too thin (especially this year); as a result some episodes will be aired that are almost solely glorified slideshows.

I noted in the last epiosde that it looked like Shaft hit their threshold, and that became all too clear in this episode. I can almost guarantee that when the DVD is released, it will seem like a totally different show.

But that means jack-shit here, because on top of the story not making any sense (I have to kill you because you broke your promise--oops you saved my life a second time in these 5 minutes, so I'll trust you again), this was visually abhorrent. Like everyone else, I just don't see what's worth doing for five more episodes. The show ran out of style and substance in episode five (if not episode 4), and I feel like the whole genre is absolutely stilted.

This is gutter trash.
Feb 21, 2010 10:05 PM

Oct 2009
noteDhero said:
Here's something I said in my blog about how I pick shows at the beginning of the season:
What has been noticeable though is that SHAFT is a relatively small company, and has trouble making deadlines (Bakemonogatari and Zetsubou-sensei especially) due to being stretched too thin (especially this year); as a result some episodes will be aired that are almost solely glorified slideshows.

I noted in the last epiosde that it looked like Shaft hit their threshold, and that became all too clear in this episode. I can almost guarantee that when the DVD is released, it will seem like a totally different show.

But that means jack-shit here, because on top of the story not making any sense (I have to kill you because you broke your promise--oops you saved my life a second time in these 5 minutes, so I'll trust you again), this was visually abhorrent. Like everyone else, I just don't see what's worth doing for five more episodes. The show ran out of style and substance in episode five (if not episode 4), and I feel like the whole genre is absolutely stilted.

This is gutter trash.

I love you noteDhero....same train of thoughts like you.

Feb 21, 2010 10:36 PM

Nov 2009
So many red stills. So many red stills I couldn't even tell what they were supposed to be censoring half the time. Dead puppies?
Feb 21, 2010 11:23 PM

Nov 2008
Yes, there was a LOT of censoring in this one, but fear not lil ecchi freaks, some fan boy somewhere will get a hold of the DVD special with the uncensored scenes and post them for you all.

I do admit that the story seems to jump around a great bit in the story line.
They give a strong build up and then "poof" it's done.

I still want to continue to see where this goes over the next few episodes.
Feb 22, 2010 12:22 AM

Jul 2009
OMG! Her transformation is hawt! :3

When the rosario on her chest is taken off, Moka's vampire inner self awakes.
Feb 22, 2010 12:35 AM

Dec 2009
francismeunier said:
You know what desolato....you are right about your complaints and I agree with them just also add in bad management by SHAFT, being drunk with that anime Bakemonogatari and not following the manga that they should have done from the beginning. Also the censors....they could have a done them better that would leave more to the imagination.
they took some liberties... and they failed.

helur said:
AidanAK47 said:

Just one thing...
PLOTHOLE!

Well in the first place

This is the most raging i have seen in a while (^.^) at least it is somewhat justified!
and now its obvious to us all...
Feb 22, 2010 1:50 AM

Sep 2009
Well, this episode was just silly. Granted it shows that Mina wasn't quite as fargone and inconsistent as I had believed, but it was still quite silly. Plotwise, it wasn't quite so bad, but what really pissed me off was the horrible, horrible directing. The most noticeable part is the eye closeups. I actually counted how many there were, in this one episode. You know hoe many? 54. Seriously. 54 goddamn ECU eyeshots in one episode. Then there's the random red screens, which were annoying as hell. Then the fact that the animation was recycled over and over again, very unsubtly, as well as constantly avoiding people's mouths, and going for longshots so they didn't have to animate any movement or draw in any details.

This episode was crap. Plotwise, it was fairly solid, not too bad, but nowhere near good enough to redeem what had come before.

Also, the random near-nudity of Mina for NO PLOT-RELATIVE REASON WHATSOEVER got on my nerves... and then there's the scene where Akira lies on top of Mina, with both of them naked, impaled with a large phallic object, with a certain bodily fluid leaking all over her. I can spot at least four Freudian things in that one scene alone. And then in the next scene, he's fine. Is anyone else reminded of the "Squall's Dead" theory?

I will give this episode credit for one thing, though, and that is that it gave this show its first Crowning Moment of Awesome, namely Akira bursting through the ceiling and punching a vampire in the face. That kicked so much ass I watched it three times.
Feb 22, 2010 4:03 AM

May 2009
People SERIOUSLY need to stop whining. If you think the manga is better (which I'm sure goes for the vast majority of manga-based anime out there), then why are you even watching this? Go watch something 'more worthy' or stick with the manga then.

Episode 1 should've told you not to expect a 100% faithful adaptation, especially not when you were told the author wanted it to be different. You knew it wasn't going to be faithful to the manga, yet you still complain. Why?

As far as the rest of the episode goes, I've gotten used to SHAFT's lack of time/money/crew and the things they have to do to at least release an episode on time, so all the stuff everyone moans about pretty much went right past me without bothering me.

Lind_L_Tailor said:
Also, the random near-nudity of Mina for NO PLOT-RELATIVE REASON WHATSOEVER got on my nerves...

Just because you don't know what it is doesn't mean it has no reason.

and then there's the scene where Akira lies on top of Mina, with both of them naked, impaled with a large phallic object, with a certain bodily fluid leaking all over her. I can spot at least four Freudian things in that one scene alone. And then in the next scene, he's fine. Is anyone else reminded of the "Squall's Dead" theory?

Let's see:
- They transformed and thus, tore their clothes apart
- Their clothes don't magically transform back with them
- Akira held the mother of all wooden stakes at an inch from Mina's heart. Given that the same object stuck out of his chest, you can expect quite a bit of blood to flow down from it

In short, stop looking to deep into this. Got a problem with it? Complain to the author about it, as the manga showed all of that too.

Also, Akira heals fast because he's a werewolf. That should've been very obvious by now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2010 4:34 AM
Jul 2018
Mina's true form sucked in the anime from my point of view it was so much better in the manga. And i agree with Francis, the censors were crappy. Though the fight between akira and Mina was not so bad.

People SERIOUSLY need to stop whining. If you think the manga is better (which I'm sure goes for the vast majority of manga-based anime out there), then why are you even watching this? Go watch something 'more worthy' or stick with the manga then.

I just say that i prefer the manga, but i DO love the anime a lot even though it's not as good that's why i keep watching it ^^
Feb 22, 2010 5:15 AM

Sep 2009
AO968 said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:
Also, the random near-nudity of Mina for NO PLOT-RELATIVE REASON WHATSOEVER got on my nerves...

Just because you don't know what it is doesn't mean it has no reason.

We weren't given a reason. That's as good as there being no reason.

AO968 said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:
and then there's the scene where Akira lies on top of Mina, with both of them naked, impaled with a large phallic object, with a certain bodily fluid leaking all over her. I can spot at least four Freudian things in that one scene alone. And then in the next scene, he's fine. Is anyone else reminded of the "Squall's Dead" theory?

Let's see:
- They transformed and thus, tore their clothes apart
- Their clothes don't magically transform back with them
- Akira held the mother of all wooden stakes at an inch from Mina's heart. Given that the same object stuck out of his chest, you can expect quite a bit of blood to flow down from it

I didn't say there was no canon-applicable reason for it being so, but the fact remains that that's the most suggestive image i've seen since Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Also, I know he heals fast, but he had a giant goddamn crucifix sticking through his chest. I can accept that it makes some level of sense, but it still stretches the willing suspension of disbelief. Hence my bringing up the "Squall's Dead" theory.
Feb 22, 2010 7:40 AM

Jun 2009
helur said:
AidanAK47 said:

Just one thing...
PLOTHOLE!

Well in the first place

I knew that, after all I read the manga. But I just felt it was nice to point out something else Shaft screwed up besides the animation.

AO968 said:

Episode 1 should've told you not to expect a 100% faithful adaptation, especially not when you were told the author wanted it to be different. You knew it wasn't going to be faithful to the manga, yet you still complain. Why?

Why?! Alright listen up.
This is the one and only anime adaption of Dance of the vampire Bund that we are going to get. After this the chances of getting another are very slim. And not only has this adaption not followed the manga.....it's proven to be a pile of garbage. Look at the comments. Not all of them revolve around "The manga is better." Look at it. The animation is terrible, the plot is a jumbled mess and the only good parts of the show are the ones that were taken directly from the manga!
Because this crap has been made, no other animation studio will attempt to remake it or salvage it unless it becomes extremely popular. So we shall never see any of those kickass fights in their full glory. The most we can hope for is a OVA or a movie but never a series. That is why we are pissed.

helur said:
Also, Akira heals fast because he's a werewolf. That should've been very obvious by now.

It's the same as saying "A wizard did it" but sadly it's like that in the manga as well.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Feb 22, 2010 8:34 AM

Sep 2009
Oh, and something I forgot to make a rebuttal to in the last comment:
AO968 said:
In short, stop looking to deep into this. Got a problem with it? Complain to the author about it, as the manga showed all of that too.

Stop looking too deep into this? Don't try to pull the MST3K Mantra on me, buddy. There are too many horrible directing flaws to ever handwave away, and the only way this show could honestly be considered passable is through sheer ignorance. And what's this about "Complaining to the author"? Don't be daft. As I said in the discussion of the last episode, I don't give a flying shit about the manga and neither do a lot of people. I've never read the manga, nor do I have any plans to. I don't care if they did something in the manga, that doesn't justify it being ridiculous in the anime. The naked crucifix impalement scene was silly, and I doubt it was any different in its original context.

In short, stop bawling just because people don't like a show you enjoy.

*steps off soapbox*
Feb 22, 2010 9:24 AM

Jan 2010
CapuChuuu said:
OMG! Her transformation is hawt! :3
True. It may be lame, but at least looks good and is not some kind of 6 legged monster >.<
Feb 22, 2010 12:14 PM

Jan 2009
Once again, the manga prevails, this time with the introduction of Borgiani being better than this. And I'm still very displeased with the whole amnesia-thing ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
Also, the introduction of Telomere was .. Strange (・3・ア
What the crap? Damn that candy-girl ಠ_ಠ She ruins this show ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
And Mina's true form is.. Pretty strange in the anime tbh.. I mean.. It's supposed to be glowing like that? (¬_¬)
Oh well, the highlight of the episode was the Akira × Mina fight, because that's all that actually meant anything in the episode. ( ̄ー ̄)
Especially since they kept the part with Akira getting impaled ヽ(´ー`)ノ Because that, is a very strong scene.

porkypink said:
So epic I thought the show ended since it seemed as if it was the last episode.
Yup, could've actually been the end of the show, because.. It was.. Quite conclusional (゚⊿゚)

Now to check what francis might've written ^^
Actually, nevermind, it wasn't worth it. Ignorance is a bliss ^^;
OosranFeb 22, 2010 12:18 PM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 22, 2010 12:39 PM

Apr 2009
Not great... and to make matters worse, SWF said on their site this was supposed to be a recap episode, so likely to be next week. Whether it's true or not, I don't know, but my patience can't wear much thinner.
Feb 22, 2010 1:22 PM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
Hey I just said what I felt and to tell you the truth I don't exactly think you were meh at all those victim scenes.....there were innocent nice girls in there.

Feb 22, 2010 1:25 PM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
Hey I just said what I felt and to tell you the truth I don't exactly think you were meh at all those victim scenes.....there were innocent nice girls in there.
Not exactly what I was thinking about, but now that you mention it, I was quite 'meh' at all those scenes, yes.
Side-characters, or actually.. Not even that much. All of them, couldn't care less about them.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 22, 2010 2:05 PM

Nov 2008
Hey? Can we have our fun this time please?
I've had to hear tons of whinefests and rants about EE for several months, can I have my time to shine now?

Pffz. Yeah, what was the purpose of this show again? Establish an utopia for the happy vampires? Oh, well at least they got one thing right.

Oosran said:
Not exactly what I was thinking about, but now that you mention it, I was quite 'meh' at all those scenes, yes.
Side-characters, or actually.. Not even that much. All of them, couldn't care less about them.
True, this show doesn't even move me in the slightest bit.
desolatoFeb 22, 2010 2:09 PM
Feb 22, 2010 2:16 PM

Oct 2009
desolato said:
Hey? Can we have our fun this time please?
I've had to hear tons of whinefests and rants about EE for several months, can I have my time to shine now?

Pffz. Yeah, what was the purpose of this show again? Establish an utopia for the happy vampires? Oh, well at least they got one thing right.

Oosran said:
True, this show doesn't even move me in the slightest bit.
Meh, I get fun at venting off at it but really even movies I was more with the humans than vampires so yeah in Vampire Knight things are different so in a way you connect with some of them but this show it no way I am ever going to connect to Mina in other than dangerous and cute. TBH Akira was more my race alliance and I post a scene that I liked of him so it means I liked more his fighting than Mina's. Also I am going to see the DVD of this so maybe then will I change opinions.

Feb 22, 2010 7:14 PM

Jun 2009
I must say, this episode was full of EPIC WIN...aside from the censors lolz
Why can't this be a 24 episode show? They'll NEVER be able to make a great ending with only 5 episodes left.
I wish Seikon no Qwaser was less though lol
Feb 22, 2010 7:17 PM

Jun 2009
Apocalypz said:

1. Why the hell did Mina and Akira fight? Because he broke his promise to her about always being by her side and stuff. If he ever broke it she would "feast upon his flesh" or something like that lol
2. Why the hell was she crying afterwards after they fought? Because she realized that Akira remembered their promised, or at least promised to never forget it again.
3. Why the hell was Yuki just standing there? Because she can
4. Why the hell was Akira knighted immediately after they fought? I think it's because he's reached his potential.
5. WHY THE HELL IS THIS SHOW GIVING ME A MINDFUCK?! Because its SHAFT.

WHY THE HELL?!?!?!Because Chuck Norris said so.
Feb 22, 2010 9:03 PM
Oct 2007
I've been a fan of SHAFT for 3 years now. This is it. They are off my favorites list. RAGE!

This episode was an epic failure of an epic win. The source material is golden and I can't help imagine that if Vampire Bund was done by a studio like Brains Base, or Madhouse, or Production I.G., how TRULY EPIC it would be. But alas, that's never gonna happen and all I can do is complain. But I'm not complaining just because SHAFT is not following the manga. They aren't even trying to make a good coherent adaptation, which leads to killing our eyes with ridiculous splashes of colors. noteDhero, desolato, and EternalDreamer all said what I wanted to already, so go read their posts. :)

Also, Meiren sucks! WTH?! She's a stupid plot device to stop Mina's awesome murder of that idiot of a vampire and make Mina seem like some weak little girl. PUH-LEASE! Get rid of the stinking candy girl!!

Finally, a lot of fans are thinking the last 5 episodes will be so-called original plot, aka filler. But I think SHAFT is going to butcher the Nanami arc. Why? Because I think Meiren is a follower of the leader of the next arc, but I won't give her name or anything to spoil you. :P Watch SHAFT prove me right. ;)

Apocalypz said:
Okay, I watched this yesterday and had time to think about it, but I am still confused about this damn episode. Maybe it's because I didn't read the anime, but I was so damn lost by the end.

1. Why the hell did Mina and Akira fight?
2. Why the hell was she crying afterwards after they fought?
3. Why the hell was Yuki just standing there?
4. Why the hell was Akira knighted immediately after they fought?
5. WHY THE HELL IS THIS SHOW GIVING ME A MINDFUCK?!

WHY THE HELL?!?!?!

If someone could help me figure out answers to these questions, I'd be very appreciative.

The answer to all of your questions is that this is SHAFT and the advice I advise you to take is to read the source of all greatness, also known as the original manga! XP
Feb 22, 2010 9:46 PM

Apr 2009
Damn, the production values really hit a new low this week. I know you're trying to save money for Bakemonogatari, but what the hell SHAFT?

Ending of the ep was pretty decent, though.
Feb 23, 2010 12:54 AM

Jun 2008
The episode events wasn't bad. Actually this episode could have been great but Shaft completely destroyed it. Those cheapskates just put still pictures in the mix of red images and made one big bullshit. What could have been one of the best episodes became one of the worst because of Shaft.

There is no excuse for this shit they made. Shaft should be ashamed. I have seen armatures making small videos on the internet doing better work. Even the rain at the start was a still image and wasn't moving. This whole episode should be made all over again for the BD version. And STOP the fucking eye scenes!!!!!

Am stopping because am pissed and i will just start shouting about there mothers if i continue. Am going now to read the manga because every hope about the anime has been lost.

BTW, WTF!! was the gold Mina all about? There way of censoring? Fucking stupid censors.
MonadFeb 23, 2010 12:14 PM
Feb 23, 2010 11:53 AM

Oct 2007
I guess Ookami Kakushi wasn't alone in this season after all.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 23, 2010 12:45 PM

Jul 2008
i was kind of wondering how they would show mina's transformer form
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Feb 23, 2010 1:14 PM

Oct 2009
Lind_L_Tailor said:
I will give this episode credit for one thing, though, and that is that it gave this show its first Crowning Moment of Awesome, namely Akira bursting through the ceiling and punching a vampire in the face. That kicked so much ass I watched it three times.
Yeah Congratulations and now you can have the GIF I made of it since you inspired me anyways=>

Feb 23, 2010 9:44 PM

Jan 2009
I haven't read the manga and I was somewhat enjoying this anime. This episode however, was really bad. I felt like I was watching some really cheesy B horror movie. Nothing flowed at all.
Feb 24, 2010 1:43 AM

Sep 2009
francismeunier said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:
Yeah Congratulations and now you can have the GIF I made of it since you inspired me anyways=>

Why thank you. :D
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

porkypink - Jan 13, 2010

233 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:35 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Jan 6, 2010

310 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:33 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Proselyt - Feb 11, 2010

221 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Mar 31, 2010

169 by Tenshi_Budo »»
Jul 15, 2023 5:16 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kashim - Mar 25, 2010

95 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 2, 2023 7:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.