Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 7 Discussion

Pages (4) -0.6 0.4 [1.4] 2.4 3.4 » ... Last »
Poll: Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 7 Discussion

02-19-10, 10:13 PM

And I'm still cannot find any subs for this ç.ç

I bet this is hapenning just because I was expecting for this episode since the animated adaptation was announced. They usually don't late this much for subbing.

02-20-10, 12:31 AM

Reason subs are late this week:
Because I translate for the two speed groups and I get home late (from school and work) to do my homework which usually takes until late, and by that time, I just want catch some sleep. More so this week because I had to write a paper. /sigh
When humans are born, they are destined to die.

02-20-10, 2:43 AM

*generic post with more whining about subs*
I'm too lazy to write one D:

02-20-10, 5:22 PM

couldn’t wait for the subs any longer, so i sucked it up and ate it raw…

francismeunier said:
It was completely crap! It stank not only with the red/black censors and scene omitting it felt like Seikon no Qwaser censored all over.

Darklight0303 said:
Also is Mina's true form made of LAVA? @__@
I also felt like wayyyyyyy wayyyyyyyyy too many still shots were used during the action parts >_>. Still the core part also the Akira X Mina bits were all there so I am ONE HAPPY FAN NOW.
Core parts? Yeah sure but the manga is obvious better...right? BTW I learned something interesting SHAFT failed at securing enough of their personal...end result is what you see here.
yeah, the censoring was bunk. if they have to do it, couldn’t they do a better job? now that i've caught up on vol 2 of the manga, the problems are obvious…

...oh well, at least i finally understand what is going on.

02-20-10, 5:23 PM

ilikeyouevenmore said:
couldn’t wait for the subs any longer, so i sucked it up and ate it raw…

lol, sub was released a couple of minutes ago. XD
Dat non-functional bbcode

02-20-10, 6:02 PM

....Lol. AkiraxYuki my ass.

All the people who were bitten were turned back and the traitorous group were taken down. What really confused me was that SFW's subs had Akira calling Wolf his father. SHAFT did a pretty crappy job with revealing this sudden piece of information. Now that the Bund is officially what it is, there's only 5 episodes left to really continue anything and incorporate Meiren's true role. Her preventing Mina from jacking up the vampire bat guy clearly shows she has some strange motives. And I seriously hope Mina's golden form is really just an ingenious censoring on SHAFT's part. I'm going to need to start the manga after this.

02-20-10, 6:19 PM

SubsFuckingWhere said:
did this show just get good? still no budget, though.​

can't make something better and shorter up. Going to start manga tomorrow though.

02-20-10, 7:29 PM

lol it got SHAFTed again.

Still pictures may work with Bakemonogatari or SZS, but it definitely is ruining an action series like Vampire Bund.

Now they decided to take a break... I wonder if this is the last time we will hear of it.... (like what happened with Bakemonogatari.... delayed for a VERY long time)

Can they at least remaster this thing and add the animation for the DVD release?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

02-20-10, 7:43 PM

Now I know why I'm so infatuated with vampires rather than werewolves: I seek something greater than sex. :P

02-20-10, 7:53 PM

Damn this episode sucked ass!

02-20-10, 8:28 PM

this felt like a last episode in a lot of ways, and to be honest i haven't been enjoying this show enough to care that if it was. I know its scheduled for 5 more episodes but at this point there really isn't much they can do to make this show any better, and a second season desirable because its just been that generic so far. i don't know about the manga because i haven't read a page of it, but i just don't get why people like this show so much; don't get me wrong the fight was epic, but there just seem to be to much to the story at this point.

02-20-10, 8:38 PM

Wow they left a lot of the Dialogue between Mina and Yuki frolm the manga out.It explains the transformations and gives a little more background. I also don't really see how they can fit the next arc in 5 eps and its a good one at that.

02-20-10, 8:45 PM

That was confusing for me o_o
Oh well, on to the next arc?

02-20-10, 8:56 PM

This episode was so epic, it felt like the last episode.

However, there were too many red stills :(
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.

02-20-10, 9:18 PM

did this show just get good? still no budget, though.​

I have no idea how they plan to end this with though

02-20-10, 10:10 PM

dark_fishie said:
(haven't read the manga, apologies)

Srsly, what's up with Meiran? She stopped Mina even though she's supposed to "protect the vampire bloodlne", right? Does that imply she might not be working for Mina? Or maybe it means the definition of a vampire is changing?
francismeunier said:
dark_fishie said:
(haven't read the manga, apologies)

Srsly, what's up with Meiran? She stopped Mina even though she's supposed to "protect the vampire bloodlne", right? Does that imply she might not be working for Mina? Or maybe it means the definition of a vampire is changing?
Actually I though about that and it would be interesting in a sense to have Meiren a half vampire/half werewolf for fans of Mina x Akira to see the result of their breeding. Would be a nice element.....because a)she has fangs but not sure if they are vampire ones of werewolf ones and b)her eyes were definitely not the red vampire ones at one point....so yeah that's all.

bah shes a created character from the anime, so any guess could be possible
she's not related to the manga but the first arc turn out to be good !
some changes, but the animation is fantastic !

02-20-10, 10:26 PM

I was only following this anime for this part in the manga because it was my favorite part! But SHAFT completely RUINED IT. I was severely disappointed. IT SUCKED MAJOR ARSE. The fight was a joke because it was 99% dialogue and stills. The romantic scene between Akira and Mina was so mellowed out-- I didn't get that warm fuzzy feeling I got from reading the manga. There were red stills, black stills, still stills, looong dialogues blah blah blah, HUGE censors--- and obviously lazy animation. Also why the hell was Mina gold??

Also the last episode made me so pissed because they made the ring that Yuki gave Akira way too important that Akira had this huge stupid monologue about how it was so important to him. Whereas in the manga, Mina just said she "lost" his ring and he replied that there was "no point in wearing it anyway"! There was too much between Yuki and Akira in the anime.

Shaft made a huge mistake in trying to make their original story. And they're making their low animation budget so obvious...

If any of you haven't read the manga, drop this show and GO DO IT NOW. This show is officially dropped for me. :P
Modified by msskitties, 02-20-10, 10:29 PM

02-20-10, 10:50 PM

That was quite a interesting episode. Fight scenes were a little underdeveloped but overall, I got a pretty good rush. I would've been happier if they kept the whole democratic thing going on for a bit longer and left this episode for the very end but nonetheless, I can see SHAFT will try to be more authentic. No wonder the Japanese are ahead in technology, they take risks, haha.

I think nowadays people are so into action-packed films that they eventually might become illiterate by the sheer intellectual laziness of our society. I think some people might be stumped from reading that sentence. Oh well.

02-20-10, 11:12 PM

Werewolf and vampire. Sounds like that movie called Twilight.

02-20-10, 11:29 PM

SoFarGone said:

oh yeah....like twilight is the first...

somehow i don't even feel i should read the manga. although watching this i seems i probably missed something.

02-20-10, 11:30 PM

SoFarGone said:

LoL

It is not exactly the same, but true enough, both have a love triangle between a vampire, a werewolf and a human...

Kurogashi said:
That was quite a interesting episode. Fight scenes were a little underdeveloped but overall, I got a pretty good rush. I would've been happier if they kept the whole democratic thing going on for a bit longer and left this episode for the very end but nonetheless, I can see SHAFT will try to be more authentic. No wonder the Japanese are ahead in technology, they take risks, haha.

I think nowadays people are so into action-packed films that they eventually might become illiterate by the sheer intellectual laziness of our society. I think some people might be stumped from reading that sentence. Oh well.

Seconded.

02-21-10, 12:28 AM

Dumbest episode forever.
Yey for SHAFT who do shit like always ... :|
And "that" have some fans.

02-21-10, 1:02 AM

SoFarGone said:

Sounds like Underworld too, lol.

Overall: What the hell >.< Yeah, Mina's true form was cool and all, but I would've rather seen Akira end up with Yuki. *sighs* Oh well, the series only has 5 episodes left, so I'll finish it out. I suppose I saw it coming, though. The whole thing revolves around Akira x Mina, and the manga readers sure as hell saw this coming, because from what I understand, there never was any hope for Akira x Yuki in any way, shape or form, so this was sorta prolonging the agony, in a sense. Still, I like the series enough to not want to drop it, and don't even get me started on the censors and the stills *shudders*

What was the deal with Mina and the bedsheet? She woulda looked cuter id she'd still worn that school uniform.

And where the hell did Nanami go? She was about to bite Yuki, and then she sorta went poof.

02-21-10, 1:28 AM

Nanami would normally have a bigger role in the coming arc. THen again with how the anime is going I am uncertain if they'll keep following the manga at all anymore

02-21-10, 1:42 AM

Darklight0303 said:
Nanami would normally have a bigger role in the coming arc. THen again with how the anime is going I am uncertain if they'll keep following the manga at all anymore

Well, I read some of the manga between my first post and this one, and I like it a lot. In fact, it's better than the anime lol

02-21-10, 1:45 AM

That's what myself and a few others have been saying XDDDDD glad you like it.

02-21-10, 2:27 AM

Here some complaints:

-Too many standstills
-They left out the conversation between Yuki and Mina
-Mina's true form as a stupid way of avoiding censoring

I don't think they'll start with a new arc of the manga. From now on it will be anime original material. They didn't even mention that the president of the student council can't be cured by the vaccine.

02-21-10, 2:28 AM

First off...way to many still shots. I think their whole style is too much for this episode. I'm trying to be interested in the story and to understand it...but they sure seem to be making it hard. This style makes me feel disconnected from what's going on. I agree that Bakemonogatari was more successful with this style.

I hope this is at least toned down in the rest of the episodes.

02-21-10, 4:06 AM

kisami said:
Somehow i don't even feel i should read the manga. although watching this i seems i probably missed something.

The manga is a hundred times better and more consistent that this below average anime adaptation...
Seriously the overall story is good but it feels like you're reading every third page in a book, you get the overall picture but miss all details and the essence that makes it great.
And the art, it's starting to get so ridiculous bad it's not even fun to joke about it any more =/

On the bright side though it seems like SHAFT is having some financial issues or got inner company turmoil (seeing how they fail to release stuff with any quality and on time), so with a bit of luck we won't have to see anything more ruined by those talentless producers in the future^^

02-21-10, 4:43 AM

It was a good episode i have to say.
I liked the queen's Moka-like transformation :D

02-21-10, 5:40 AM

I liked this episode though could had been a lot better, they cutted out almost every action scenes putting some black screen and other effects, it remembered me of Seikon no Qwaser's censorship at sometimes; and also, that all bright Mina's transformation for me was a little weird, I stick to the manga's version of her transformation for sure...
But I do liked the ending part, was indeed epic.

"SirensRequiem" said:
Well, I read some of the manga between my first post and this one, and I like it a lot. In fact, it's better than the anime lol

that's for sure, too bad that SHAFT didn't had followed the manga, although the anime is really nice, could had been just perfect =

02-21-10, 6:03 AM

Silaqui said:
They didn't even mention that the president of the student council can't be cured by the vaccine.
Did they even mention anything about the vaccine properly nor did they even explain as much as I saw in the mange about this vaccine. Obviously too much cut downs failed to properly deliver and I can see that from most of the complaints....anyways I am on the same bandwagon of those complaints....so SHAFT should stop SHAFTING itself in front of us and recover already.

In spoiler my anime list for now.

02-21-10, 6:35 AM

Go read the manga and stop criticising... i thought it was a good episode.

02-21-10, 6:38 AM

so you like most of your action to be replaced by still shots of scenery?

02-21-10, 6:39 AM

Watched the episode a few days after release.
And since I had nothing else to watch/read at that moment I also started reading the manga. Although they are different at some points within the story, i still like both of them alot!

Looking forward to the next episodes/chapters!

02-21-10, 7:09 AM

^^Yeah, that's my stance. The anime could be a lot better but it could be way worse too. I think both mediums are okay. That amnesia bull is killing me though.

I liked the fight though. I guess I'm so used to SHAFT's style, I didn't mind all the still shots.

It wasn't until I came in here that I realized why they made Mina all gold like that. Honestly, SHAFT could have just made the armor on her arm go a little bit further on her body to cover up the naughty bits.

Kinda wished they didn't introduce the Meirin character because there is no way they can do the next arc (my favorite one so far) in five episodes and explain her deal. If it was just the next arc alone they could have made it but eh....

02-21-10, 8:17 AM

Manga is much better. Yes, got it. Let's move on to something else.

02-21-10, 8:46 AM

It was a very confusing episode, and so rushed that most developments fely forced or unneeded, while not being particularly spectacular or revealing. The fight was average and I don't really like the direction the show is going so it is one of the lesser episodes of the series for me.

saxophone15 said:
I'm trying to be interested in the story and to understand it...but they sure seem to be making it hard. This style makes me feel disconnected from what's going on. I agree that Bakemonogatari was more successful with this style.

I hope this is at least toned down in the rest of the episodes.

That's exactly my thoughts too. In mostly descriptive or dialogue-based episodes, it makes sense to use such a narrative style, but in this 7th episode, supposed to be grandiose and fast-paced, it just disconnects the spectatrrs from the action and scenario.
Modified by Jacut, 02-21-10, 8:50 AM

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

02-21-10, 9:04 AM

The still shots in the action scenes pissed me off so much.
Fuck you, SHAFT. I hate you.
Dat non-functional bbcode

02-21-10, 9:10 AM

Seemed rushed...and the episode in general was meh.

Can't wait till this is over.

02-21-10, 9:22 AM

That's it. I really appreciate what Shaft has done so far, but I'm through. Is no one bothered by the red screen raping (excuse my language), or has this already become their trademark, simply approved by those who were so infatuated with Bakemono? And then, the murder scene of tons of schoolgirls, which, as it endorses a vampire, should have been filled with blood. (Not that I actually care for those scenes, but I'm just saying.) Where? They couldn't be bothered showing it, or there was simply a lack of resources. (read: money=/=time.) In the case of Bakemono, it started off as being pseudo-artistic, but later on, it just became a continuation of irritation. Not animating the actual scenes because of beforementioned reasons, that's .. acceptable, but don't go and try to pass it off as some abstract scene, by burning several bibles. Yeah. I don't buy it.
I think it has become quite clear that they have been stretching it too much, and the recap scheduled for next week only reassures this fact. I'm almost disgusted. And yet they still manage to mislead people and succesfully take them in.

About the actual content of the episode? I was supposed to enjoy it, I guess. But like every other episode, it does nothing. Or perhaps I just couldn't care less about the cast of characters.
EDIT: This is by no means a rant personally against Shaft. I don't hold a grudge against them or anything. Far from that. I loved what they did with SZS and how they made ef their own. They're known for adding just this little extra to their shows, which makes it stand out from the others. (Not talking about the adaptation of the story to screen and the quality of the animation itself, but their releases are just different than a regular company.) And all those quirky things they get away with, yes, it's all 100% SHAFT. But the road they took this time, is not done.

msskitties said:
There were red stills, black stills, still stills, looong dialogues blah blah blah, HUGE censors--- and obviously lazy animation.

You missed that random blue still.
Modified by desolato, 02-21-10, 10:44 AM

02-21-10, 10:14 AM

The end with Akira and Mina and Yuki just watching and the rest of the episode after that was great,but before that it was boring as hell like the rest of this anime...
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site

02-21-10, 11:00 AM

The best of the worst... Color flashing was horrible, glittering Mina reminded me of what I've read about Twilight.

Episode score disregarding abovementioned horrors, censorship and shitsux action scenes: 4/5 .

Final score after taking everything into account (disregarding the existence of source manga) : 1.5/5.

Seriously, after this anime Shaft goes to my never-watch-anime-by-them list. It will have a good company, e.g Gonzo.

Although I've tried very hard, it's impossible to appreciate this anime (and again, I'm not even comparing it to the manga.)

It seems that Twilight craze has reached Japan ~_~

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."

02-21-10, 11:00 AM

Bad episode. Not only did this feel rushed, the fight was incredibly underwhelming. This could have been so much better in my opinion. I'm guessing SHAFT is still drunk off of Bakemonogatari.

02-21-10, 11:21 AM

Easily the best episode of the series, the censoring really didnt cover much up anyway so I don't see why everyone is complaining about it. Really, why bother watching it so this long if your just gonna bitch about how bad it is?

Super saiyan mina was awesome =D

I am proud to have Clannad as the only thing on my dropped list.

02-21-10, 11:23 AM

lol nerdrage at SHAFT

02-21-10, 11:41 AM

Can anyone give me a plot summary what happened in this episode?

02-21-10, 12:51 PM

confuser987 said:
Can anyone give me a plot summary what happened in this episode?

In essence, everyone at the church gets ambushed by vampires and bitten. Mina blabbers with the leader of the group who wants to create a new era of vampires. Then she stabs his eye out and calls him a loser. Akira comes back, finishes the leader off. Apparently Mina & Akira settled their argument by turning into their true forms and having a bad ass fight (which was not shown at all). He saves her from being pierced by a wooden stake and they make up.

I think everyone does have the right to complain, since this was the first episode they decided to sensor at all if i can remember. That or at least blatantly. The only reason Mina was glowing, by the way, was because otherwise she would have been stark naked. Just another censoring tool.

I suggest if your that upset over it just go read this chapter of manga. *shrug*

02-21-10, 1:08 PM

Congrats to Akira for getting knighted.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.

02-21-10, 1:19 PM

Great Episode.
Seems like some of you hate the cuts but Ilove them.
Remember me of Bakemonogatari.
And well yeahr this was an action scene and Shaft diddn#t show action but this is the goof part of Shaft.

They're authentic. If I want to see some brainless people who have to kill each other I'll go to the cinema.

Shaft tried to show the scene in an other way and well I liked.

I can understand why people are complaining about this episode but hey you knew from the beginning that it is from Shaft.
I love their style and I love this episode.

Pages (4) -0.6 0.4 [1.4] 2.4 3.4 » ... Last »