Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 17, 2010 11:05 PM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The fight between Akira and Mina was like EPIC ^^

LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Feb 18, 2010 3:05 AM

Apr 2008
MUAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA OH YESSSS OH YESS IT'S HERE <UAHAHAHAHAHA *laughs like Kinzo from Umineko no Naku Koro ni*
and so the curtain closes on the love triangle with Yuki exiting by default. >:D
Loved the episode though the fact that she didn't get to kill the dude herself was a let down *kicks Meiren into a pit of piranha's*. Other than that well a few problems with the pacing and the way things connected though mostly to blame for that is the whole amnesia thing and a few directing choices >_>
Also is Mina's true form made of LAVA? @__@
I also felt like wayyyyyyy wayyyyyyyyy too many still shots were used during the action parts >_>. Still the core part also the Akira X Mina bits were all there so I am ONE HAPPY FAN NOW.
Darklight0303Feb 18, 2010 3:19 AM
Feb 18, 2010 4:31 AM

Oct 2009
It was completely crap! It stank not only with the red/black censors and scene omitting it felt like Seikon no Qwaser censored all over. It's pointless to rage and I learned my lessons. I raged enough at this=>
and this=>
as well as him=>
but he is pointless since he is dead. Mina's true form was a big laugh! What is this.....a golden statue that's alive with some gold blood in it? Rofl XD this a whole joke and give me my BD to see what this is really worth. Anyways best scene was this for me=> About Yuki.....well there is always a chance for her to come back and at least she was not bitten....still surprised she would try to save Mina. Sorry this a 1 and worst episode.
Darklight0303 said:
MUAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA OH YESSSS OH YESS IT'S HERE <UAHAHAHAHAHA *laughs like Kinzo from Umineko no Naku Koro ni*
and so the curtain closes on the love triangle with Yuki exiting by default. >:D
Yeah......what would you do suddenly with your girl being a werewolf......?
Darklight0303 said:
Loved the episode though the fact that she didn't get to kill the dude herself was a let down *kicks Meiren into a pit of piranha's*. Other than that well a few problems with the pacing and the way things connected though mostly to blame for that is the whole amnesia thing and a few directing choices >_>

Only that? Rofl the censors made it pointless half of the time. Bad animation added to the whole thing being worst. Meiren? She is obviously part of the Bund since she was there for the ceremony and the ED was just ok grade.
Darklight0303 said:
I also felt like wayyyyyyy wayyyyyyyyy too many still shots were used during the action parts >_>. Still the core part also the Akira X Mina bits were all there so I am ONE HAPPY FAN NOW.
Core parts? Yeah sure but the manga is obvious better...right? BTW I learned something interesting SHAFT failed at securing enough of their personal...end result is what you see here.
francismeunierFeb 18, 2010 4:36 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Feb 18, 2010 4:37 AM

Apr 2008
Yes the manga is better, Francis. :P I agree on the censors though since they went WAY overboard =_=.
Feb 18, 2010 5:38 AM

Oct 2009
Darklight0303 said:
Yes the manga is better, Francis. :P I agree on the censors though since they went WAY overboard =_=.
Glad to know and BTW about re-watching this...will you in BD/DVD?

Feb 18, 2010 5:49 AM

Apr 2008
when it comes out sure. That is providing they change anything for that version >_> I still remember the vain hope I had for Moon Phase >_> needless to say my hopes were dashed
Feb 18, 2010 3:36 PM

Feb 2010
OMG!
Where's the english subs for this? I can't find it >.<
Feb 18, 2010 4:33 PM

Apr 2008
Sub is not out yet
Feb 18, 2010 6:52 PM
Jun 2009
(haven't read the manga, apologies)

Srsly, what's up with Meiran? She stopped Mina even though she's supposed to "protect the vampire bloodlne", right? Does that imply she might not be working for Mina? Or maybe it means the definition of a vampire is changing?
Feb 18, 2010 9:50 PM

Oct 2009
dark_fishie said:

Srsly, what's up with Meiran? She stopped Mina even though she's supposed to "protect the vampire bloodlne", right? Does that imply she might not be working for Mina? Or maybe it means the definition of a vampire is changing?
Actually I though about that and it would be interesting in a sense to have Meiren a half vampire/half werewolf for fans of Mina x Akira to see the result of their breeding. Would be a nice element.....because a)she has fangs but not sure if they are vampire ones of werewolf ones and b)her eyes were definitely not the red vampire ones at one point....so yeah that's all.

Feb 19, 2010 1:24 AM
Jun 2008
Ending?
Feb 19, 2010 2:00 AM

Oct 2009
gloryfy said:
Ending?
Yeah of another arc.

Feb 19, 2010 3:19 AM
Jun 2008
francismeunier said:
gloryfy said:
Ending?
Yeah of another arc.
Hope there's another ark that talk 'bout the past. ^^ since the present has nothing to talk 'bout already ~.~
Feb 19, 2010 4:19 AM

Oct 2009
gloryfy said:
francismeunier said:
gloryfy said:
Ending?
Yeah of another arc.
Hope there's another ark that talk 'bout the past. ^^ since the present has nothing to talk 'bout already ~.~
From my blazing through the manga a little I can say
other than that Darklight0303 it's your turn to tell what else can they add logically from the manga point of view.

Feb 19, 2010 5:14 AM

Apr 2008
given that there's only like 5 episodes left I'm really puzzled how they are gonna fit in another manga arc since the two following arcs after this are VERY closely connected >_>
Darklight0303Feb 19, 2010 5:35 AM
Feb 19, 2010 9:05 AM
Jul 2009
damn, can't wait for the subs to come out, so I can spoiler the episode to my friends waiting for a russian translation *evilface*

Also, can someone tell me, from which manga volume I need to start reading it, so chronological it will be right after episode 7?
Feb 19, 2010 9:12 AM

Apr 2008
that would be chapter 13. It' s up on onemanga.com if you want to read it :D
Feb 19, 2010 9:34 AM
Jul 2009
thanks, man. I'm bad at watching ongoings, never had enough patience to wait for the next episode. Usually watch everything marathon-style.
Feb 19, 2010 2:38 PM
Jul 2018
Apart from Akira's werewolf form looking decent, the whole fight scene which was so great in the manga is reduced to them SPEAKING THROUGH MOST OF IT!!!!!

Shaft cannot animate a decent fight if their life depended on it.

Otherwise, the episode was so so.
Feb 19, 2010 4:04 PM

Aug 2009
kerobear said:

The fight between Akira and Mina was like EPIC ^^

So epic I thought the show ended since it seemed as if it was the last episode.
[right]

Feb 19, 2010 10:13 PM

Feb 2010
And I'm still cannot find any subs for this ç.ç

I bet this is hapenning just because I was expecting for this episode since the animated adaptation was announced. They usually don't late this much for subbing.
Feb 20, 2010 12:31 AM
Jul 2018
Reason subs are late this week:
Because I translate for the two speed groups and I get home late (from school and work) to do my homework which usually takes until late, and by that time, I just want catch some sleep. More so this week because I had to write a paper. /sigh
Feb 20, 2010 2:43 AM
Jul 2009
*generic post with more whining about subs*
I'm too lazy to write one D:
Feb 20, 2010 5:22 PM

Dec 2009
couldn’t wait for the subs any longer, so i sucked it up and ate it raw…

francismeunier said:
It was completely crap! It stank not only with the red/black censors and scene omitting it felt like Seikon no Qwaser censored all over.

Darklight0303 said:
Core parts? Yeah sure but the manga is obvious better...right? BTW I learned something interesting SHAFT failed at securing enough of their personal...end result is what you see here.
yeah, the censoring was bunk. if they have to do it, couldn’t they do a better job? now that i've caught up on vol 2 of the manga, the problems are obvious…

...oh well, at least i finally understand what is going on.
Feb 20, 2010 5:23 PM

Aug 2009
ilikeyouevenmore said:
couldn’t wait for the subs any longer, so i sucked it up and ate it raw…

lol, sub was released a couple of minutes ago. XD
Feb 20, 2010 6:02 PM

Sep 2007
....Lol. AkiraxYuki my ass.

All the people who were bitten were turned back and the traitorous group were taken down. What really confused me was that SFW's subs had Akira calling Wolf his father. SHAFT did a pretty crappy job with revealing this sudden piece of information. Now that the Bund is officially what it is, there's only 5 episodes left to really continue anything and incorporate Meiren's true role. Her preventing Mina from jacking up the vampire bat guy clearly shows she has some strange motives. And I seriously hope Mina's golden form is really just an ingenious censoring on SHAFT's part. I'm going to need to start the manga after this.
Feb 20, 2010 6:19 PM
Jul 2009
SubsFuckingWhere said:
did this show just get good? still no budget, though.​

can't make something better and shorter up. Going to start manga tomorrow though.
Feb 20, 2010 7:29 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
lol it got SHAFTed again.

Still pictures may work with Bakemonogatari or SZS, but it definitely is ruining an action series like Vampire Bund.

Now they decided to take a break... I wonder if this is the last time we will hear of it.... (like what happened with Bakemonogatari.... delayed for a VERY long time)

Can they at least remaster this thing and add the animation for the DVD release?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 20, 2010 7:43 PM

Sep 2008
Now I know why I'm so infatuated with vampires rather than werewolves: I seek something greater than sex. :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2010 7:53 PM
Nov 2009
Damn this episode sucked ass!
Feb 20, 2010 8:28 PM

Nov 2009
this felt like a last episode in a lot of ways, and to be honest i haven't been enjoying this show enough to care that if it was. I know its scheduled for 5 more episodes but at this point there really isn't much they can do to make this show any better, and a second season desirable because its just been that generic so far. i don't know about the manga because i haven't read a page of it, but i just don't get why people like this show so much; don't get me wrong the fight was epic, but there just seem to be to much to the story at this point.
Feb 20, 2010 8:38 PM

Aug 2007
Wow they left a lot of the Dialogue between Mina and Yuki frolm the manga out.It explains the transformations and gives a little more background. I also don't really see how they can fit the next arc in 5 eps and its a good one at that.

Feb 20, 2010 8:45 PM
Mar 2008
That was confusing for me o_o
Oh well, on to the next arc?
Feb 20, 2010 8:56 PM

Sep 2008
This episode was so epic, it felt like the last episode.

However, there were too many red stills :(
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Feb 20, 2010 9:18 PM
Dec 2008
did this show just get good? still no budget, though.​

I have no idea how they plan to end this with though
Feb 20, 2010 10:10 PM
Apr 2009
dark_fishie said:

francismeunier said:
dark_fishie said:

Actually I though about that and it would be interesting in a sense to have Meiren a half vampire/half werewolf for fans of Mina x Akira to see the result of their breeding. Would be a nice element.....because a)she has fangs but not sure if they are vampire ones of werewolf ones and b)her eyes were definitely not the red vampire ones at one point....so yeah that's all.

bah shes a created character from the anime, so any guess could be possible
she's not related to the manga but the first arc turn out to be good !
some changes, but the animation is fantastic !
Feb 20, 2010 10:26 PM

Jul 2009
I was only following this anime for this part in the manga because it was my favorite part! But SHAFT completely RUINED IT. I was severely disappointed. IT SUCKED MAJOR ARSE. The fight was a joke because it was 99% dialogue and stills. The romantic scene between Akira and Mina was so mellowed out-- I didn't get that warm fuzzy feeling I got from reading the manga. There were red stills, black stills, still stills, looong dialogues blah blah blah, HUGE censors--- and obviously lazy animation. Also why the hell was Mina gold??

Also the last episode made me so pissed because they made the ring that Yuki gave Akira way too important that Akira had this huge stupid monologue about how it was so important to him. Whereas in the manga, Mina just said she "lost" his ring and he replied that there was "no point in wearing it anyway"! There was too much between Yuki and Akira in the anime.

Shaft made a huge mistake in trying to make their original story. And they're making their low animation budget so obvious...

If any of you haven't read the manga, drop this show and GO DO IT NOW. This show is officially dropped for me. :P
msskittiesFeb 20, 2010 10:29 PM
Feb 20, 2010 10:50 PM

Jul 2009
That was quite a interesting episode. Fight scenes were a little underdeveloped but overall, I got a pretty good rush. I would've been happier if they kept the whole democratic thing going on for a bit longer and left this episode for the very end but nonetheless, I can see SHAFT will try to be more authentic. No wonder the Japanese are ahead in technology, they take risks, haha.

I think nowadays people are so into action-packed films that they eventually might become illiterate by the sheer intellectual laziness of our society. I think some people might be stumped from reading that sentence. Oh well.
Feb 20, 2010 11:12 PM

Aug 2009
Werewolf and vampire. Sounds like that movie called Twilight.
Feb 20, 2010 11:29 PM

Feb 2008
SoFarGone said:

oh yeah....like twilight is the first...

somehow i don't even feel i should read the manga. although watching this i seems i probably missed something.
Feb 20, 2010 11:30 PM

Jan 2010
SoFarGone said:

LoL

It is not exactly the same, but true enough, both have a love triangle between a vampire, a werewolf and a human...

Kurogashi said:
That was quite a interesting episode. Fight scenes were a little underdeveloped but overall, I got a pretty good rush. I would've been happier if they kept the whole democratic thing going on for a bit longer and left this episode for the very end but nonetheless, I can see SHAFT will try to be more authentic. No wonder the Japanese are ahead in technology, they take risks, haha.

I think nowadays people are so into action-packed films that they eventually might become illiterate by the sheer intellectual laziness of our society. I think some people might be stumped from reading that sentence. Oh well.

Seconded.
Feb 21, 2010 12:28 AM

Sep 2007
Dumbest episode forever.
Yey for SHAFT who do shit like always ... :|
And "that" have some fans.
Feb 21, 2010 1:02 AM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
SoFarGone said:

Sounds like Underworld too, lol.

Overall: What the hell >.< Yeah, Mina's true form was cool and all, but I would've rather seen Akira end up with Yuki. *sighs* Oh well, the series only has 5 episodes left, so I'll finish it out. I suppose I saw it coming, though. The whole thing revolves around Akira x Mina, and the manga readers sure as hell saw this coming, because from what I understand, there never was any hope for Akira x Yuki in any way, shape or form, so this was sorta prolonging the agony, in a sense. Still, I like the series enough to not want to drop it, and don't even get me started on the censors and the stills *shudders*

What was the deal with Mina and the bedsheet? She woulda looked cuter id she'd still worn that school uniform.

And where the hell did Nanami go? She was about to bite Yuki, and then she sorta went poof.
Feb 21, 2010 1:28 AM

Apr 2008
Nanami would normally have a bigger role in the coming arc. THen again with how the anime is going I am uncertain if they'll keep following the manga at all anymore
Feb 21, 2010 1:42 AM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
Darklight0303 said:
Nanami would normally have a bigger role in the coming arc. THen again with how the anime is going I am uncertain if they'll keep following the manga at all anymore

Well, I read some of the manga between my first post and this one, and I like it a lot. In fact, it's better than the anime lol
Feb 21, 2010 1:45 AM

Apr 2008
That's what myself and a few others have been saying XDDDDD glad you like it.
Feb 21, 2010 2:27 AM

Apr 2008
Here some complaints:

-Too many standstills
-They left out the conversation between Yuki and Mina
-Mina's true form as a stupid way of avoiding censoring

I don't think they'll start with a new arc of the manga. From now on it will be anime original material. They didn't even mention that the president of the student council can't be cured by the vaccine.
Feb 21, 2010 2:28 AM

Sep 2009
First off...way to many still shots. I think their whole style is too much for this episode. I'm trying to be interested in the story and to understand it...but they sure seem to be making it hard. This style makes me feel disconnected from what's going on. I agree that Bakemonogatari was more successful with this style.

I hope this is at least toned down in the rest of the episodes.
Feb 21, 2010 4:06 AM

Jul 2009
kisami said:
Somehow i don't even feel i should read the manga. although watching this i seems i probably missed something.

The manga is a hundred times better and more consistent that this below average anime adaptation...
Seriously the overall story is good but it feels like you're reading every third page in a book, you get the overall picture but miss all details and the essence that makes it great.
And the art, it's starting to get so ridiculous bad it's not even fun to joke about it any more =/

On the bright side though it seems like SHAFT is having some financial issues or got inner company turmoil (seeing how they fail to release stuff with any quality and on time), so with a bit of luck we won't have to see anything more ruined by those talentless producers in the future^^
Feb 21, 2010 4:43 AM

May 2009
It was a good episode i have to say.
I liked the queen's Moka-like transformation :D
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

porkypink - Jan 13, 2010

233 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:35 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Jan 6, 2010

310 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Sep 7, 2023 7:33 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Proselyt - Feb 11, 2010

221 by FireRifle64 »»
Jul 29, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Mar 31, 2010

169 by Tenshi_Budo »»
Jul 15, 2023 5:16 AM

Poll: » Dance in the Vampire Bund Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kashim - Mar 25, 2010

95 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 2, 2023 7:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.