Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 18, 2010 10:03 AM

Jan 2009
Great chapter, WB is fucking badass is all I got to say. Missing half of his face and still causing all that damage, fucking awesome. BB coming back was quite unexpected and it was a good turn of events. Oda knows how to build suspense and I can't wait for the next chapter(GRR 2 weeks ><)
Feb 18, 2010 11:38 AM

Dec 2008
DarK_LiGhT said:
GanonBR said:
WB's performance in this chapter was beyond awesome. Overpowering Akainu, destroying Marine HQ, splitting the island in left, and all that with half a face... if this guy is history's #2, I can't even imagine what Roger was like.

However, the high point of the chapter was finally learning the name of Hancock's snake: Salome! Now that's an amazing name xD

I wonder what rogers devil fruit powers were, am sure he also had some sort of power.

hmm..i'm not sure but.. wasn't Roger's power the one that let him *hear/understand* things? (i dunno how to explain that ._.) [like in skypiea that he didnt know the antique language but he had the ability of write/read..that ò.o]
wasn't that one his devil fruit's power?o.O

Feb 18, 2010 11:55 AM

Apr 2009
EtnaEraclea

hmm..i'm not sure but.. wasn't Roger's power the one that let him *hear/understand* things? (i dunno how to explain that ._.) [like in skypiea that he didnt know the antique language but he had the ability of write/read..that ò.o said:

yes you are right)
Feb 18, 2010 12:34 PM
Jul 2018
smokes said:
EtnaEraclea

hmm..i'm not sure but.. wasn't Roger's power the one that let him *hear/understand* things? (i dunno how to explain that ._.) [like in skypiea that he didnt know the antique language but he had the ability of write/read..that ò.o said:

yes you are right)

Unless Oda explains it, this much isn't enough to call it a DF power. It may also be his haki or a similar thing (Like Zoro's Ashura technique)
Feb 18, 2010 2:34 PM

Nov 2007
Oh wow, now the Blackbeard pirates have joined the fray.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Feb 18, 2010 2:36 PM

Nov 2007
Am I the only one that doesn't care for Blackbeard? I was kinda dissapointed to see him at the end of the chapter.
Feb 18, 2010 3:02 PM

Jun 2007
Shadow_Strider said:
Am I the only one that doesn't care for Blackbeard? I was kinda dissapointed to see him at the end of the chapter.

How and why? How can you be disappointed that the big bad guy, the person who set all this into motion, not only comes to the party to gloat over everything he caused, but also brings along a bunch of the worlds most dangerous pirates ever.

Even if you don't like the guy,
He's a D, except truly evil so far.
He shares Luffy's views on life and adventure
He's the one who caused all of this
He's probably the guy who has the most answers right now.

I'm really interested in what he has to bring to this chaos, and what bombshells he'll drop on us.
Feb 18, 2010 5:20 PM

Jul 2008
O snap Blackbeard.. wow
wut a twist keep bringing them on Oda =D
Feb 18, 2010 7:10 PM

Nov 2007
mulderman said:
Shadow_Strider said:

How and why? How can you be disappointed that the big bad guy, the person who set all this into motion, not only comes to the party to gloat over everything he caused, but also brings along a bunch of the worlds most dangerous pirates ever.

Even if you don't like the guy,
He's a D, except truly evil so far.
He shares Luffy's views on life and adventure
He's the one who caused all of this
He's probably the guy who has the most answers right now.

I'm really interested in what he has to bring to this chaos, and what bombshells he'll drop on us.

I don't know even saying all that he just seems like a pretty generic bad guy to me.

Anyway thats just my opinion don't buy to much into it.
Feb 18, 2010 8:18 PM

May 2007
Omg. It's Blackbeard! Where did he come from!? x___x

Feb 18, 2010 10:06 PM

Jul 2008
Oda sure knows how to keep the story moving. First Ace and now Blackbeard? Damn I want more!!!

Feb 19, 2010 1:25 AM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Whitebeard is amazing. Awesome ending.

Feb 19, 2010 2:23 AM

Dec 2009
Good chapter, Oh man BB has found himself some pretty powerful crewmembers... My god!
Feb 19, 2010 5:15 AM
Oct 2007
Oda is a MASTER. Just when you think "Ah, he can't do better than he just did" he surprises the crap out of you. Each arc is more epic than the last.

I'm gonna miss Ace! I have to agree with the Whitebeard pirates because I do believe that Ace's will is now alive in Luffy. And OMFGWTFBBQ, Blackbeard? Where did the rest of his crew come from?! SRSLY?
Feb 19, 2010 5:36 AM

Apr 2009
blynshi said:
Blackbeard? Where did the rest of his crew come from?! SRSLY?

impel down
Feb 19, 2010 9:07 AM

Sep 2009
Awesome. Just awesome.
Feb 19, 2010 9:21 AM

Jan 2008
really wanted some luffy action 8(

well, will be interesting to see how blackbeard will act in the next chapter.
"Truth is always a delusion." - Friedrich Dürrenmatt
Feb 19, 2010 2:46 PM

Oct 2007
If only Whitebeard actually had a beard he'd be Epic Beard Man

Hope he treats Sonozaki to that kind of a beatdown
Feb 19, 2010 3:46 PM

Jul 2009
How on earth does Oda keep upping the level of epic win? XD
Feb 20, 2010 8:18 AM

Jun 2007
Ralonzo said:
If only Whitebeard actually had a beard he'd be Epic Beard Man

Hope he treats Sonozaki to that kind of a beatdown

Whitebeards Japanese name is Shirohige
Which can mean both beard AND mustache.
Feb 20, 2010 9:43 PM

Jan 2008
Aikanu got beaten so easily by Whitebeard!!
The old guy can really push despite his face getting burned immensly
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 21, 2010 2:32 AM

Aug 2009
Everybody has now seen how damn strong Whitebeard is. It does make one think why the heck he didn't move when Ace was in danger...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!

Feb 21, 2010 2:32 AM

Oct 2007
I think the Blackbeard crew might just become the most awesome baddies in the One Piece universe... Damn, what an entrance O_o

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Feb 21, 2010 5:34 AM

Jun 2008
I hope Blackbeard's crew will take out at least one Admiral :P
Feb 21, 2010 5:42 PM

Feb 2008
well i think all the pirates in the new world probably have pretty crazy bounties so i wouldn't be surprised if luffy's goes 400,000,000+ beli, because just because the highest revealed is around 340,000,000 (doflamingo) doesn't mean its anywhere near the highest. the world government assumingly likes to recruit people into the shichibukai as they're gaining fame (future threat) and making a name and not when they reach their full potential (ex. they tried recruiting ace when he was rising through) so the former bounties of shichibukai probably arent accurate in reflection to strength. therefore i think its safe to assume there are plenty of pirates with above 340,000,000 beli in the new world.

and the only admiral i hope blackbeard takes out is that bastard akainu; kizaru and aokiji are awesome.
Feb 22, 2010 12:53 PM

Aug 2007
Red_Comet said:
well i think all the pirates in the new world probably have pretty crazy bounties so i wouldn't be surprised if luffy's goes 400,000,000+ beli, because just because the highest revealed is around 340,000,000 (doflamingo) doesn't mean its anywhere near the highest. the world government assumingly likes to recruit people into the shichibukai as they're gaining fame (future threat) and making a name and not when they reach their full potential (ex. they tried recruiting ace when he was rising through) so the former bounties of shichibukai probably arent accurate in reflection to strength. therefore i think its safe to assume there are plenty of pirates with above 340,000,000 beli in the new world.

and the only admiral i hope blackbeard takes out is that bastard akainu; kizaru and aokiji are awesome.

eh, akainu um, was already taken out by whitebeard though, so if I'm not mistaken those two are the only ones left for blackbeard to takeout.
Feb 22, 2010 1:18 PM

Feb 2008
was akainu severly injured or taken out i dont remember? i probably didnt read carefully enough.
Feb 22, 2010 1:26 PM

Apr 2009
Aikanu kinda felt in the sea.... tho i dont think he would die that easily..
tho yeah, he got pwnd..

Blackbeard will kill Whitebeard and become a new Yonkou.. probably attack some marines also...

or the marines trying to attack blackbeard
Feb 26, 2010 7:01 PM
Oct 2009
woww lol the SH crew are not going to compete with that....nooooo wayyyy they can't beat the BB crew.... not even close...they need to start recruiting Logia users...dammnnnnnn
Feb 27, 2010 2:14 AM

Aug 2009
Mr. Delayman hahaha... No guys, let's never freak out about delays. Never do that. :D

The fact there is someone writing these amazing stories, drawing this amazing manga, publishing it and whatnot... I'd be a very grateful young woman even if he or she or they decided to publish a chapter each month or every two months or whatever.

I just cannot wait for One Piece to continue, I cannot wait to be blown away again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!

Feb 27, 2010 3:56 PM

Aug 2007
Ace isn't dead. This is One Piece after all.
Feb 28, 2010 1:01 AM

Apr 2009
Drunk_Samurai said:

yeahm he's not dead for sure xD

-_-
Feb 28, 2010 10:06 AM

Aug 2007
smokes said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

yeahm he's not dead for sure xD

-_-

Sarcasm? Oda will just bring him back. Like he did with all the other characters everybody thought were dead.
Feb 28, 2010 10:13 AM

Apr 2009
troll?

he will live, tho as flashbacks.
Feb 28, 2010 11:29 AM

Aug 2007
smokes said:
troll?

he will live, tho as flashbacks.

How is that a troll? Name one character ever "killed" in a non flashback who hasn't come back. Ace is alive.
Feb 28, 2010 11:41 AM

Mar 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:

Important fact: all D.'s die smiling. If that helps you overcome the shock I'll be glad. He really is dead.
Feb 28, 2010 12:38 PM

Aug 2007
mirichan00 said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

Important fact: all D.'s die smiling. If that helps you overcome the shock I'll be glad. He really is dead.

He isn't dead. Like I said this is One Piece.
Feb 28, 2010 12:50 PM

Apr 2009
@mirichan leave the troll alone ;P
he probably is bored
Feb 28, 2010 12:59 PM

Aug 2007
smokes said:
@mirichan leave the troll alone ;P
he probably is bored

You're a fucking idiot if you think I am trolling. Seriously you are not intelligent at all. Oda has done this throughout the series. This is the The Boy Who Cried Wolf all over again. Characters such as Arlong and Zoro who should have died have all survived. Oda has never killed an important character in a non flashback and he will not change that. Ace is not dead and will not be dead no matter how fucking stupid you people are that want him to be.
Feb 28, 2010 1:20 PM

Apr 2009
^you are retarded.

first Oda said that strong world will be luffy's last adventure as 17 years old kid, thus meaning that there will be a time skip .

thats why he needed to kinda change luffy, make him serious or such...
ace will change him.

second, he's fucking dead, internals organs burned plus i cant really see a future for Ace... he was in the way of luffy..

third, the chapter was all about his last words and his death, arlong and others didnt had THAT much character development..

and finally - the character development was for liek 60 chapters.. all this was a SETUP for his death..

5 - turn your brains on.
Feb 28, 2010 1:26 PM

Aug 2007
smokes said:
^you are retarded.

first Oda said that strong world will be luffy's last adventure as 17 years old kid, thus meaning that there will be a time skip .

thats why he needed to kinda change luffy, make him serious or such...
ace will change him.

second, he's fucking dead, internals organs burned plus i cant really see a future for Ace... he was in the way of luffy..

third, the chapter was all about his last words and his death, arlong and others didnt had THAT much character development..

and finally - the character development was for liek 60 chapters.. all this was a SETUP for his death..

5 - turn your brains on.

So Zoro suddenly had 0 character development? Jesus Christ you are fucking stupid. Who said there would be a time skip. That could just mean he's turning 18. Yeah and Zoro took all of Luffy's damage and was bleeding shitloads yet survived. That means nothing at all. Ace is alive no matter how much morons like you want him to be dead.
Feb 28, 2010 2:10 PM

Apr 2009
ace is not a main character ffs.
he's important but not main.
its like jiraya for naruto.. he will die, making naruto more powerful and serious..
its the same shit.

and this arc is some serious war with consequences, not the bleach war where no captain dies.

anyway lets end this.

we will see after this arc if he is alive ;P
Feb 28, 2010 2:20 PM

Jan 2009
I personally think Ace is dead. Oda knows he can't keep dodging death forever, and I think he made his first one a big one. Of course Oda may troll us, but this isn't Pell or Arlong or anything like that.
Feb 28, 2010 3:10 PM

Mar 2008
Let's think of things this way: every single Strawhat member has had a terrible past. Each of them as lost someone dear to them.

Zoro - Kuina
Usopp - his mom
Nami - Bellemere
Chopper - Doctor Hiluluk
Franky - Tom
Robin - her family and friends, the whole freaking island she lived in
Brook - his previous crew

So, who will Luffy lose? We never heard of his mother; Garp and Dragon are still alive, as far as we know it and now Ace dies. It isn't that surreal. Maybe this tragic event will bring all the Strawhats together again. Who knows? Just like Luffy helped them overcome their losses, now they'll help him overcome his.

Besides, what would be the point of that speech Ace did? Dramatic effect? I don't think so.
Feb 28, 2010 3:46 PM

Jun 2007
How goddamn ignorant and idiotic can you be.

Look deny it all you want, Ace is dead. There is a load of proof acknowledging this.
Stuff like Pell and Igaram were pretty vague and killing them off wouldn't have any value.
This is a chancing moment for Luffy. If Oda would bring Ace back, then everything the last 2 arcs have build up to, would have been for nothing.

A character's death should be an important plot element and leave a permanent mark on the story. Shock deaths are easy. Oda has avoided killing of major characters because it would have no point. Killing someone is an easy way out for writers. Oda likes to use his characters, if he would have killed of Crocodile or Bon Kurei then the current arc would have been impossible.

Its easy to point and laugh at us "morons" but if you actually pay attention you can see that this scenario is unlike anything we've seen in One Piece. We'll talk again in a few chapters.
Feb 28, 2010 4:06 PM

Aug 2007
mulderman said:

Look deny it all you want, Ace is dead. There is a load of proof acknowledging this.
Stuff like Pell and Igaram were pretty vague and killing them off wouldn't have any value.
This is a chancing moment for Luffy. If Oda would bring Ace back, then everything the last 2 arcs have build up to, would have been for nothing.

A character's death should be an important plot element and leave a permanent mark on the story. Shock deaths are easy. Oda has avoided killing of major characters because it would have no point. Killing someone is an easy way out for writers. Oda likes to use his characters, if he would have killed of Crocodile or Bon Kurei then the current arc would have been impossible.

Its easy to point and laugh at us "morons" but if you actually pay attention you can see that this scenario is unlike anything we've seen in One Piece. We'll talk again in a few chapters.

Maybe if you actually read One Piece you wouldn't be a complete idiot. Oda has never killed a major character in a non flashback. He will not change it yet.
Feb 28, 2010 4:30 PM

Jun 2007
Yes. It's absolutely impossible for Oda to kill off a character because he hasn't done it before. Its clear that you're simply too pigheaded to think clear, so we'll see. IF Ace is brought back I'll be the first to apologize.
Feb 28, 2010 5:55 PM

May 2007
Drunk_Samurai said:
mulderman said:

Maybe if you actually read One Piece you wouldn't be a complete idiot. Oda has never killed a major character in a non flashback. He will not change it yet.

Hey, I never died, so that means I'm immortal !
Apr 28, 2010 5:48 PM

Jun 2008
Flibbertigibbet said:
Free_Candy said:
woww lol the SH crew are not going to compete with that....nooooo wayyyy they can't beat the BB crew.... not even close...they need to start recruiting Logia users...dammnnnnnn

A logia user in SH crew would mean too many automatic wins for them. Sort of sucks out all of the drama in the battles since they won't be starting with a disadvantage like they usually do. The fight with the BB crew is still a long time away probably, so they'll have plenty of chances to get stronger.

Is there any possibility that many members of the whitebeard crew become members of Luffy's crew? Shit that will level him up to a major player.
May 31, 2010 12:35 PM

Feb 2009
WWow this chapter felt way too short! It was superb, I really cannot stop reading.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Yesterday, 3:52 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

31 by Pakumen- »»
Yesterday, 12:40 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Dec 17, 2023

87 by Slimdudejim »»
Apr 21, 10:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 769 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Maerow - Nov 26, 2014

67 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 21, 6:47 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1069 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Dec 6, 2022

86 by Kakuneon »»
Apr 17, 11:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.