Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 17, 2010 3:50 PM

Aug 2008
I didn't like this episode. Nothing really happened, and when this is the case, I just start stewing in all the constants: Sawako being too sweet at an almost retarded level; Shota saying dumb things that contradict what he's seen, heard, and said; Ryu being filthy hot; and art inconsistencies (Ryu look so different from one scene to the next).

Since it was obvious from last week that Ryu's brother was engaged, I was really hoping they'd move on to the next thing. Since we don't have Kurumi or Ayane being compelling with their dialogue, there's just no reason to sink into watching Sawako watch Chizu put on some pants, or have Shota ride a bike and say, "I guess he likes her."
Feb 17, 2010 3:51 PM

Jan 2009
Liked the episode; quite predictable, and terrible animation and art downgrade but really nice. I like the manga version more, but it came out nice.

I don't like Yano and Joe either D: Not a good couple!

Sawako's crying moment moved me completely.. poor Chizu, poor Ryuu... It's really sad!
Feb 17, 2010 4:24 PM

May 2009
All right episode. I felt pretty sad though even though I already predicted it would turn out like this.
Feb 17, 2010 4:26 PM

Jun 2009
I didn't like this episode, because nothing much has really happend.
I think the whole Chizu x Tooru x Ryu thing should take only one episode. I'm a bit dissapointed, cuz it's going too slow
and there's only 5 episodes left...
Hope they make it at least to chaper 34 in manga. I'm really looking forward to see
or hope it will have anime sequel soon.
Feb 17, 2010 4:31 PM

Jun 2008
I only cried at this cause what Chizu said about seeing Tohru with girlfriends but not expecting it to go further than that reminds me of my current situation, and i'm having an emotional day. XD

QUALITY animation. x'D

Yano's nightwear was hot.<3

Tohru's fiance hasn't done anything wrong, there's no point in hating her :/

well, I prefer YanoxJoe over YanoxPin, in any case, which is a much more popular pairing. :|

Godddd there's so little left, I really don't know how they're planning on wrapping this up unless they make a second series :/
Feb 17, 2010 6:14 PM

Oct 2009
M0nicka said:
I think the whole Chizu x Tooru x Ryu thing should take only one episode. I'm a bit dissapointed, cuz it's going too slow
and there's only 5 episodes left...

It would feel rushed if they tried to condense the whole arc into one episode. I was counting on two or three episodes. Besides, if you feel things are slow, the blame should fall on Sawako and Kazehaya. They're the ones dragging the show anyway, lol. XD (Admittedly, I've long ago grown tired of KazeSawa, so this arc sure is a nice breather from their all their ridiculous pussyfooting.)

They could have cut down on the idle moments in this episode, though, but I'm guessing what they're highlighting in this episode is the play on emotions. As the case with the previous episodes, when things become dramatic, the world stops and nothing happens. ~
Hope they make it at least to chaper 34 in manga. I'm really looking forward to see
or hope it will have anime sequel soon.

I.G. obviously won't be able to cover the last two.
Feb 17, 2010 6:36 PM

Oct 2009
noteDhero said:
I didn't like this episode. Nothing really happened, and when this is the case, I just start stewing in all the constants: Sawako being too sweet at an almost retarded level; Shota saying dumb things that contradict what he's seen, heard, and said; Ryu being filthy hot; and art inconsistencies (Ryu look so different from one scene to the next).

Since it was obvious from last week that Ryu's brother was engaged, I was really hoping they'd move on to the next thing. Since we don't have Kurumi or Ayane being compelling with their dialogue, there's just no reason to sink into watching Sawako watch Chizu put on some pants, or have Shota ride a bike and say, "I guess he likes her."
You forgot to add no sense of showing Katayama other than introducing her....she just made some people emotions for her good or angry like me...why? You should know what a flake is noteDhero but once again brownie points to you for pointing out the negative aspects of this episode.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Feb 17, 2010 7:35 PM

Dec 2009
aww poor chizu =[ i knew ryuu's bro would come home with a fiance/wife. this episode wasnt the greatest of the bunch. not much happened. you could some this whole episode up in 1 sentence. the next episode preview looks good. to me it looks like when chizu gives the gift to ryuu but he wants to pay for it and thus drama.
Feb 17, 2010 8:15 PM

Apr 2009
Joe rocks! Best character of the show. :D It's probably gonna be Joe X Kurumi.
Feb 17, 2010 8:40 PM

Aug 2008
francismeunier said:
You forgot to add no sense of showing Katayama other than introducing her....she just made some people emotions for her good or angry like me...why? You should know what a flake is noteDhero but once again brownie points to you for pointing out the negative aspects of this episode.

Well, they hinted at her last week, and she is integral for Chizu getting over Ryu's brother, so she had to be introduced. If they try to make a bigger deal out of her character, then that's where fault may lie. I don't really see why she should make anyone angry. She didn't do anything wrong like Ume. Personally, I like her because she'll only make it easier for Ryu to score. I didn't really like the idea of Ryu having a brother in the first place, but if it's going to develop Chizu and Ryu's relationship naturally, then I'm fine with it.

And who's a flake?
Feb 17, 2010 9:36 PM

Nov 2008
I can't find this episode subbed ;n;

Can anyone help, please?
Feb 17, 2010 10:02 PM
Feb 17, 2010 11:34 PM

Apr 2008
That sure was heart breaking o-olll

Feb 18, 2010 12:01 AM

Jan 2009
Very good episode. And I don't think things are that slow. Precisely because it's dragging at times, this anime is what it is and the characters grow on us. Gee, and I thought I can't stand slice of life because everything's slow. o_o

Poor Chizu though, that was harsh >_< And I almost cried when Sawako was crying for her best friend. ;_;
Feb 18, 2010 3:22 AM

Nov 2007
Well I guess that was fairly obvious, but seems next episode is when Chizu will come to terms with it =/ although will Ryu finally step up is yet to be revealed. Not much Sawako x Kazehaya this episode =/
Feb 18, 2010 7:20 AM

Oct 2009
noteDhero said:
francismeunier said:

Well, they hinted at her last week, and she is integral for Chizu getting over Ryu's brother, so she had to be introduced. If they try to make a bigger deal out of her character, then that's where fault may lie. I don't really see why she should make anyone angry. She didn't do anything wrong like Ume. Personally, I like her because she'll only make it easier for Ryu to score. I didn't really like the idea of Ryu having a brother in the first place, but if it's going to develop Chizu and Ryu's relationship naturally, then I'm fine with it.

And who's a flake?

Katayma's personality is a flake in comparison to the one of Chizuru was my point sry if I expressed myself wrong. I do agree with you about this was a good thing to progress the relation of Ryuu x Chizuru if it makes it stronger at least.

Feb 18, 2010 1:37 PM

Feb 2008
Naruleach said:
This wasn't done as well as I would have liked it to be :/

Only 5 more episodes left. I'm really wondering how they're going to do this.

Also, what happened to the art!? It looks so bad this week! D:

I agree! What DID happen to the art? I've noticed that from the last episode or so, something has changed and I can't say I'm a fan of it.
Feb 18, 2010 6:03 PM

Nov 2007
This show sure evokes a lot of empathy from the audience.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Feb 18, 2010 7:15 PM

Feb 2009
Why the art change all the sudden, Ryuu was a lot handsome in the previous episodes.

ANd here I thought Sawako was wierd, is it me or Ryu's brother looks like Kaze-kun
Feb 18, 2010 9:02 PM

Feb 2010
Very nice episode. It was kinda expected that Ryu's brother would already have someone, now its all setup for Ryu to confess :D. You guys are talking about art but I don't really care about the art... Its the story line that counts. Just noticed but I think the characters in this anime look much better in their chibi form LOL
Feb 18, 2010 9:16 PM

May 2009
MaxCrazy7 said:

ANd here I thought Sawako was wierd, is it me or Ryu's brother looks like Kaze-kun

Nope, you're not the only one. Nearly identical except for the hair color and that he always seemed to have a girlfriend in tow.

I thought the episode was fine. Just a necessary step. For Sawako to be useless in this situation was to be expected, but Yano was a bit surprising. In hindsight, Ryu probably should've told Chizu about the fiancee, but it was clear that by telling her to stay away from his house, he was trying to protect her (even if it was only delaying the inevitable heartbreak). No more Yano x Joe talk please. Even if it's to say "NO", let's not even acknowledge the possibility of that ever happening. LOL.
Feb 18, 2010 9:22 PM

Dec 2009
francismeunier said:
Only part I cried because of deep emotional bond with her.....Sawako! T_T=>
are you being serious or sarcastic?

noteDhero said:

usually i like sawako, but the crying scene bugged me … yeah, sure she was bummed about chizu, but it seemed like she was more hung up on her own ineptitude at friendship. "i just didn’t know what to say … what are friends supposed t o say at a time like this”, blah blah blah … get over yourself, sawako! if it really bothers you that much, then do something. the sawako we know and love is all about clearing up misunderstandings, right?

...but still i liked the show. i hope we get to see chizu and ryuu hook up before the end...
Feb 18, 2010 10:46 PM

May 2007
I'm actually kind of for Joe x Yano, it would be a hoot.

Sad episode, just how sad can we make Chizuru pretty much.
My anime list
Feb 18, 2010 11:40 PM

Oct 2009
ilikeyouevenmore said:
francismeunier said:
No I am being serious! D: Why? I married her as a anime character and logically it's the most love you can express towards a anime character other than #2 being claiming. There are many people who married other anime characters for different reasons.

Feb 19, 2010 12:58 AM

Sep 2009
things were pretty interesting..i thought that chizu is gonna cry..but she was strong enough ..so that she managed to hide her feelings..actually i am wondering about what could have happened if she started crying & confessed her love in front of tooru's girl friend
Feb 19, 2010 4:36 AM

Oct 2009
Miss_Mirage said:
things were pretty interesting..i thought that chizu is gonna cry..but she was strong enough ..so that she managed to hide her feelings..actually i am wondering about what could have happened if she started crying & confessed her love in front of tooru's girl friend
Now would have either been epic or Tooru would hate her forever.

Feb 19, 2010 9:17 AM

Nov 2007
Naruleach said:

Oh! I thought I was the only one who noticed. The art distracted me from the story much like Nadeko Snake pt. 2.

Though the ending was sad...

Feb 19, 2010 9:52 AM

Jul 2009
underMebius said:
Naruleach said:

Oh! I thought I was the only one who noticed. The art distracted me from the story much like Nadeko Snake pt. 2.

Though the ending was sad...
I liked the art D:
Feb 19, 2010 12:18 PM

Nov 2009
I can understand how the art may bother people yet, personally, the art didn't really bother me at all. Overall quality was still pretty good compared to some animes.
However, going through the posts some scenes seem very pointless. Normally i am okay with some moderate filler stuff, but this arc is going to have to end soon. Might have a rushed ending.
Feb 19, 2010 12:38 PM

Oct 2007
ilikeyouevenmore said:
noteDhero said:

usually i like sawako, but the crying scene bugged me … yeah, sure she was bummed about chizu, but it seemed like she was more hung up on her own ineptitude at friendship. "i just didn’t know what to say … what are friends supposed t o say at a time like this”, blah blah blah … get over yourself, sawako! if it really bothers you that much, then do something. the sawako we know and love is all about clearing up misunderstandings, right?
And what exactly the misunderstand you are talking about? There is no misunderstand in here and specially this is not her own problem but her friend's problem. It is not like she can just go ahead and tell Chizu to forget about Tooru and start everything all over again with Ryu. Even Sawako herself just learn about how it feels to love a person.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 19, 2010 12:39 PM

Oct 2009
helur said:
I can understand how the art may bother people yet, personally, the art didn't really bother me at all. Overall quality was still pretty good compared to some animes.
Finally someone else who was not that bothered by it! :D I love you man!

Feb 19, 2010 1:02 PM
Jun 2009
it was ok...i a little to predictable though..
Feb 19, 2010 5:42 PM

Dec 2009
Siva said:
ilikeyouevenmore said:
noteDhero said:

And what exactly the misunderstand you are talking about? There is no misunderstand in here and specially this is not her own problem but her friend's problem. It is not like she can just go ahead and tell Chizu to forget about Tooru and start everything all over again with Ryu. Even Sawako herself just learn about how it feels to love a person.
sawako told yano that felt really bad for chizu, but she didn't say anything to chizu about it..... when you don't tell your friends how you feel, that can cause misunderstandings.... sawako usually doesn't have a problem saying what she thinks. that's all.
i just thought that scene was overdramatic.

francismeunier said:
ilikeyouevenmore said:
francismeunier said:
No I am being serious! D: Why? I married her as a anime character and logically it's the most love you can express towards a anime character other than #2 being claiming. There are many people who married other anime characters for different reasons.

um... sorry, i didn't realize you were married.... must have missed that wedding announcement.... my bad.

really, i didn't know people got married to anime characters... learn something new everyday.
Feb 19, 2010 5:53 PM

Sep 2009
Kazehaya and his sexy purple pants <3
Is pretty much all I have to say.

Feb 19, 2010 8:47 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
-Risa- said:
Kazehaya and his sexy purple pants <3
lmao YES.
p r o f i l e 👀
Feb 20, 2010 1:47 AM

Oct 2007
ilikeyouevenmore said:
sawako told yano that felt really bad for chizu, but she didn't say anything to chizu about it..... when you don't tell your friends how you feel, that can cause misunderstandings.... sawako usually doesn't have a problem saying what she thinks. that's all.
i just thought that scene was overdramatic.
I don't really see by saying something random to Chizu will make situation better. I agree that Sawako is the type that saying what she thinks but she doesn't always say something without thinking either. Wasn't this the problem in the rumor arc which she didn't say what was on her mind at the beginning? I think she did try hard but just don't know what/how to say to Chizu only to end up upsetting herself instead for being useless as a friend. Was it overdramatic? Yes it was but I didn't think it was wrong either.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 20, 2010 2:13 AM

Oct 2009
ilikeyouevenmore said:

um... sorry, i didn't realize you were married.... must have missed that wedding announcement.... my bad.

really, i didn't know people got married to anime characters... learn something new everyday.
You did not? Maybe because the marriage is in French but look at the top of my profile....it says it all. Yes people get married to characters because usually it's one and of the highest love you can express. Claiming certainly does not beat that.

Feb 20, 2010 6:46 AM

Feb 2009
It was okay...

Feb 20, 2010 11:24 AM

Jul 2009
I didn't like the episode that much personally. The art wasn't bad but it was certainly different. I kind of want this arc to be done as soon as possible for some reason lol. I hope they'll show Ume in the future or something.

3/5 for me

I do however want Chizu and Ryu together. It's full of win.
Feb 20, 2010 2:14 PM

Dec 2009
francismeunier said:
ilikeyouevenmore said:

You did not? Maybe because the marriage is in French but look at the top of my profile....it says it all. Yes people get married to characters because usually it's one and of the highest love you can express. Claiming certainly does not beat that.
that's interesting... although i have been watching anime for a lwhile, i didn't start looking at forums until lately. i didn't know about claiming and stuff like that... guess i have a little culture shock ;)
Feb 20, 2010 3:39 PM

Oct 2009
ilikeyouevenmore said:
francismeunier said:
ilikeyouevenmore said:

that's interesting... although i have been watching anime for a lwhile, i didn't start looking at forums until lately. i didn't know about claiming and stuff like that... guess i have a little culture shock ;)
You would be surprised how much at this point Japan's girls are captured by Kazehaya and Ryuu.....it might be surprising.

Feb 20, 2010 4:07 PM

Dec 2009
francismeunier said:
ilikeyouevenmore said:
francismeunier said:
ilikeyouevenmore said:

You would be surprised how much at this point Japan's girls are captured by Kazehaya and Ryuu.....it might be surprising.
now, that doesn't surprise me... i find them pretty captivating! :*
Feb 21, 2010 1:52 PM

Aug 2009
Nice, so many "Owned" moments in this episode. I kinda liked this one although not the best because it didn't focus on Sawako and Kazehaya. I wonder when will they focus on Kazehaya and Sawako when there's only 4 episodes left.

Okay so first "owned" moment was when Ryu was about to tell it to Chizu but suddenly Tohru showed up, lolol Ryu got owned. Second "owned" moment was when Chizu thought that she can only hog Tohru only for herself but moments later, this new girl showed up claiming to be the fiance of Tohru, lolol Chizu got owned. Don't worry man, Ryu's still there.

ALSO, WHAT THE FUCK? TOHRU'S APPEARANCE AND RYU'S ARE LIKE OFF THE CHART. They're brothers? More like the parents got one of them in an orphanage. HE LOOKED LIKE KAZEHAYA, LOL.
Feb 21, 2010 3:06 PM

Apr 2009
Tohru is quite handsome. ;?D
Feb 21, 2010 11:10 PM

Dec 2007
This episode have good development for Chizuru and Ryu. I wonder if Ryu finally confesses to Chizuru at the next episode.
Feb 22, 2010 12:14 AM

Dec 2008
I quite liked the episode. I was kind of 'meh' about the fact that the strongest female in the series biggest ambition was only to get married, but I thought about it more and it's not as bad as it originally sounded, I guess. Kimi ni Todoke played that better than most anime series would be able to, and Chizu definitely has more ambition then that. ^_^ Other than that, I'm still rooting for ChizuxRyuu.
Feb 22, 2010 6:50 PM

Jun 2008
RYU'S BRO IS HOTT.
Had a lot of good laughs during the first part, then I felt so bad for Chizu. When Sawako started to cry I got those goosebumps and teary eyed. I'm glad Ryu is there so he can be Chizu's hunksickle.

I still want to her in a skirt too though, btw.
Feb 22, 2010 9:49 PM

Jan 2009
Ahhh...the plot thickens...

Feb 24, 2010 6:32 AM

Jun 2008
Kittenia said:
RYU'S BRO IS HOTT.
Had a lot of good laughs during the first part, then I felt so bad for Chizu. When Sawako started to cry I got those goosebumps and teary eyed. I'm glad Ryu is there so he can be Chizu's hunksickle.

Yes he definitely is. :D He looks similar to Kazehaya, only with brown hair.

The episode was so sad, almost felt like crying. It was obviously that this was gonna happen, but still very sad. It was a total shock for Chizu.

I hope Ryuu will confess in the next episode...
Feb 25, 2010 10:35 AM
Jul 2008
Yano is really stong, but honetly speaking I'm against Tooru x Yano.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2010

190 by Vyse_Sohma »»
Apr 19, 8:26 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

francismeunier - Mar 30, 2010

369 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2010

161 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Mar 2, 2010

161 by BurningSapphires »»
Mar 6, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

maji_saikou - Nov 10, 2009

250 by nxtsue »»
Mar 5, 7:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.