MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 44 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood »» Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 44 Discussion

Pages (3) « 0.6 1.6 [2.6] »
Poll: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 44 Discussion

02-17-10, 10:03 PM

Fai said:
Possk said:
deadfoxblue said:

Oh, and someone mentioned Ed is meant to be taller than Winry now? I sooo want to see this.

There ya go. Last panel.

Sadly it seems that anime will ruin that scene as ed is still not as tall as he was in the manga -_-

I hope he is. But you're right, he still looked like a shorty in this episode. But then again, the two guys with him were giants, lol.

02-18-10, 5:08 AM

i so love to see Wraith fight

cant wait for the next episode

also <3 for brining back Ryn

(and am im the only one rly loving Winry here?)

02-18-10, 9:04 AM

i absolutely love the music that played during the preview
Does anyone know when the 2nd ost for the show will come out

02-18-10, 5:32 PM

Haha great episode. Something about Ed's face when he was being carried off as a "hostage" made me chuckle. XD I like his car design. Totally in good taste... :'x The animation seemed pretty in this episode for some reason...

Oh and of course, the Greed vs. Ling part was extreeeemely well done. Next episode with the battle between Wrath and Greed looks freaking awesome.

02-18-10, 6:47 PM

Comments being done while I watch it:

- HohoxAl meeting was pretty nice, it was tense and belieavable...

- Some really, really nice Winry fanservice. I don't really know why, but I do prefer the manga/Brotherhood Winry... The 1st anime Winry is so annoying for some reason...

- OH YEAHH *___* I was already missing my animated hottie Ed <333 absolutely LOVED the scene he finally reappears, it's epic, cool and sexy *o* and funny <3 I screamed like a little girl, horray for lose hair and white coat *¬* Paku Romi makes Ed looks even more hot x3

- Nice intromission pictures. Screamed like a little girl AGAIN.

- Laughted my ass off with the escaping scene!!! XDD

- ED WITH PONYTAIL OH GOD *nosebleeds*

- Ed's cool car = win.

- I just love Hohenheim. His thoughts and feeling are so real, I love the psychologic stuff in FMA. I wish my mum would read/watch this series someday. She'd love it [she's a psychologist x3]

- I don't remember in which episode discussion, but a while ago people were discussing about wheter Ed and Al were human or not... Well, finally, you got the answer :3 I have to admit that even I didn't remember if they were, so I loved that explanation part.

- GreedlingxBido meeting was epic. "Friends are bound by their souls". Awesome line. I just love Ling <3 <3 <3

I caught myself clapping at the end of the episode. AWESOME <3 FMA is just getting better and better. And it's not only because the manga is awesome, they're doing a really good job in the anime, the animation, voices, sounds, songs, everything is great. FMA:B is definetly a must watch.

F'ing GOD I SOOOO WANT the GreedlingxBradley fight *Q* It's going to be EPIC.

02-18-10, 9:46 PM

the new ost comes out during....midweek of march........

02-19-10, 11:42 AM

looks like things will get really interesting in the next episode!

02-19-10, 1:57 PM

Great Episode, loved the epic moment at the end with Ling and Greed =)

02-19-10, 6:52 PM

Chibi, the killer word.

The anime better conclude the damn story!

02-19-10, 8:23 PM

After reading the different comments I see that alot of people are watching FMA Brotherhood with different subs then others so the translations of some names differ. I'm pretty sure after watching Funimation and some fan subs the name is either Lin or Ling though i'm guessing on my first choice. Since Ed in japanese definitely shouts Lin several times from episodes 21 to 29.

02-19-10, 8:58 PM

Jouten said:
After reading the different comments I see that alot of people are watching FMA Brotherhood with different subs then others so the translations of some names differ. I'm pretty sure after watching Funimation and some fan subs the name is either Lin or Ling though i'm guessing on my first choice. Since Ed in japanese definitely shouts Lin several times from episodes 21 to 29.

the manga calls him ling lol

02-19-10, 9:05 PM

suigetsu00 said:
Jouten said:

the manga calls him ling lol

Yeah but there are different translations of the manga

02-19-10, 10:06 PM

Winry is a goddess, that tub scene was amazing. The chase scene was nicely done. i didn't appreciate cutting out the crotch comment but I guess they want Hohemheim to have a darker more serious feel here. Wrath and Lin... To be continued. Nice! :D

02-19-10, 11:03 PM

MeLcHoR said:
Winry is a goddess, that tub scene was amazing. The chase scene was nicely done. i didn't appreciate cutting out the crotch comment but I guess they want Hohemheim to have a darker more serious feel here. Wrath and Lin... To be continued. Nice! :D

Since I didn't have a comment on the episode I will just say I agree

02-20-10, 4:51 AM

Finally, some Ed awesomeness! Good to see Greed/Ling again too. I feel terribly sorry for that lizard dude.

02-20-10, 4:53 AM

Feels like Ed appear too quickly...doesn't bring out the feel that Ed was hurt badly...

02-20-10, 9:56 PM

Ed has some pretty capable bodyguards with him. It was funny how he did most of the work though, taking out those soldiers. But most of this episode was overshadowed by Greed. I'm so glad the focus is finally coming back to him/them.

02-20-10, 10:21 PM

BlueRazz said:
Feels like Ed appear too quickly...doesn't bring out the feel that Ed was hurt badly...

i thought it was just the right amount of waiting lol...he was only gone for 4 or 5 chapters in the manga lol which amounts to about 3 episodes

02-21-10, 12:21 AM

yes..the series is getting more and more exciting..can't wait for the faceoff between greed and wrath..

02-21-10, 12:23 AM

tachyonserj said:
The Rin vs. Greed scene really showed how strong a character Rin is.

i certainly agree..

02-21-10, 8:34 AM

Great episode. Highlight of the episode? Winry in the bathtub. I'd love to be a rubber ducky in there :D :D :D It made my day.

Ling face to face with Greed was great. "Friends are bound by heart/soul" B)
Poor lizard guy put his life on the line just to see Greed and how he gets repaid was just sad.

"...and very short." hahaha!! That joke was played well here. I think Ed looks better with longer hair. His face during hostage scene was priceless too xD; His car was ... well, not my taste I'd just say :P

Greed vs Wrath should be good. "That Day" arrives. Good buildup of anticipation on my end.

02-21-10, 9:26 AM

deadfoxblue said:
Fai said:
Possk said:
deadfoxblue said:

Oh, and someone mentioned Ed is meant to be taller than Winry now? I sooo want to see this.

There ya go. Last panel.

Sadly it seems that anime will ruin that scene as ed is still not as tall as he was in the manga -_-

I hope he is. But you're right, he still looked like a shorty in this episode. But then again, the two guys with him were giants, lol.

Ed was taller than Winry since volume 12/the episode Winry discovered that she loves him. Ya, rly. ;) it just wasn't shown so obviously like in this chapter of manga, so the fandom didn't saw it... Maybe because even if he's taller than Winry, he's still a shorty. At least in the world of adults he lives in (I wonder if Al's body is taller than him, hahaha...)
Modified by Qashqai, 02-21-10, 9:29 AM

02-21-10, 6:06 PM

Cool ending, and overall nice episode.
Dead Account
Please Delete

02-21-10, 7:32 PM

v_p said:
tachyonserj said:
The Rin vs. Greed scene really showed how strong a character Rin is.

i certainly agree..

What is up with you calling him Rin?

02-21-10, 9:36 PM

Damn , i need to check the other episode ASAP

02-21-10, 9:54 PM

Qashqai said:
deadfoxblue said:
Fai said:
Possk said:
deadfoxblue said:

There ya go. Last panel.

Ed was taller than Winry since volume 12/the episode Winry discovered that she loves him. Ya, rly. ;) it just wasn't shown so obviously like in this chapter of manga, so the fandom didn't saw it... Maybe because even if he's taller than Winry, he's still a shorty. At least in the world of adults he lives in (I wonder if Al's body is taller than him, hahaha...)

Really? I'd love to hear what made you think so. Is there at least a manga panel implying that?

02-24-10, 1:18 PM

Where the hell did Ed get the idea for a car like that? I'm assuming the show takes place in the early 1900's in a parallel universe, but a hot rod car? o_O

02-24-10, 7:32 PM

ChronosXIII said:
I'm assuming the show takes place in the early 1900's in a parallel universe

Not sure if this should be considered a spoiler (I don't think it is), but just in case, I'm putting it in a spoiler tag:

03-02-10, 8:53 AM

What a great episode, seriously someone has said before the show only gets better and I completely agree.

We finally get to see Rin/Greed and their "fight" was intense.

Next episode gives us some action that I was waiting for, looking forward.

03-14-10, 8:15 PM
Manga Moderator
I'm sad they lost all the Hohenheim comedy bits. He's such a Luna Lovegood type so it's sad seeing those bits cut out.

Other than that though... :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Loved this episode to bits, we are getting into the awesome end arc.

03-17-10, 11:37 AM

Jouten said:

What is up with you calling him Rin?

Yes, stop forcing the weeaboo on us. His name is Lin or Ling more like.

04-29-10, 11:09 PM

Greed attacking the fuhrer at the end was just epic the next episode will be really awesome xD
the donkey kong reference made me laugh a lot xD
and eds car was pretty badass :D
poorr bido >.<;
pretty good how Ling Persuaded Greed and all >:D

05-10-10, 1:43 AM

Greed is the pwnz

Awesome Sig by Lailide

05-21-10, 3:22 AM

Woah...Winry fanservice...too bad Ed wasn't there to accidentally walk in like all of those romantic comedies.

Greed should have pretended to be the same and strike at the right moment.

07-10-10, 4:50 PM

What's happening to Greed? Will Ling be able to get his body back because of this event? Good job Ling, he messed up with Greed's mind and now it's all messed up. The next episode is a battle between Ling and Bradley so i guess he got his mind back.

Okay so Winry fan service was sure lovely. I didn't know Winry was hiding those two big and juicy watermelons. You better marry her Ed, and speaking of Edward, I loved how they made it seem like he's a badass guy that will not let his guard down anymore. It's Kimblee's fault for making Ed like this!

I wonder what's this "Day" Hohenheim was talking about with Al. Damn I can't wait for next.

11-03-10, 9:24 AM

Emperor-sama said:
That last part at the end with Rin scolding Greed for killing his friend was very powerful. Poor Greed. :(

Really looking forward to next episode. The battle I've been waiting for. XD

Next episode, Greed's Wrath. ;)

^ +1
Wow! That scene was intense!!

12-20-10, 1:44 PM

porkypink said:
Nice episode, most ppl were unsatisfied with why Ed wasn't on for awhile but I was wondering more to what happened to Rin. That Rin v.s. Greed scene was touching, I loved how it was presented! The C part was also epic, I guess Rin finally took control of the body and now is trying to kill all homunculus. He is in a good situation unless Pride kills his mother..

Well, not neccessarily right? I mean Wrath DID kill the previous Greed's friends. It seems he's getting fragments of those memories back.

12-26-10, 8:26 PM

The fanservice was ridiculous as almost always is, but surprisingly, it wasnt too stupid and annoying.
The Ed scenes seemed really bland.
The Al scenes with his dad were really cool.
Greed/Ling is cool as always, and the next episode is gonna be awesome!

Also, i really hope romance dosent ruin the show. I see some cliches approaching, but i'd like to think they are few.

03-20-11, 2:28 PM

ArnoldK said:
Only seen screen shots, but am loving the Winry fanservice!

I WANT A WINRY AND ROSE HENTAI SCENE

anyways looks like greed got his memories back or ling took over

Behold of my awesomeness~

05-23-11, 10:38 PM

Ling vs. Greed was awesome. It was nice hearing Miyano's voice again. <3

And those eyecatches were 8). Winry in the bathtub (with rubber duckies!) and Ed with his hair down. Yesss.
[insert awesome signature here]

07-17-11, 3:32 PM

-Derp said:
Delicious Winry fanservice nomnomnom.

Where's the thumbs up? :)

07-20-11, 3:42 AM

YES!!! Greed is back! I've lost all the hope for this to happen, until now. The fact that he killed the last of his Dublith friends was sad, but I guess it was the turning point where he came back to his senses. Greed died twice by now and I never imagined of what he could actually do if he was still alive. I hope he wont be screwed too fast again(but probably he WILL get screwed, after all all the cool characters in FMA died and I really doubt that Brotherhood wont resemble it coming to this aspect).

08-07-11, 10:19 AM

Yeah, Central sure is scary -_-'' So it looks like it's like I thought - the nationwide transmutation circle will be used to get souls for the immortal army. I liked Al's conversation with Hohenheim. Unlike Ed, he doesn't hold a grudge against him. Probably because he was younger when he left and also due to his more understanding nature, which, by the way, showed a lot in here. He didn't show any resentment, trusted his father and completely accepted his story and what he had to say. Not to mention how interesting their conversation was. Last episode I was wondering why Father's plan wasn't moving already since they've completed the transmutation circle. Now it seems like it has something to do with the right day. But I'd still love to hear some more explanation on that.

I'm also glad Ed is now fully recovered and that scene where they escaped the soliders was actually really funny. Especially Ed's awful car design xD But now he doesn't have a clue of what to do. I guess he'll figure it out though - the guy is somewhat of a chibi genius.

Sent with Mal Updater

01-21-12, 6:16 PM

Nice episode.
Yay, Rin is back :)

02-01-12, 4:09 PM

Woo! Greed is losing the battle!
As for Alphonse...I can't believe he outwardly trusted the father who left him so easily. So naïve of him.
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes

05-19-12, 12:46 PM

Winry fanservice... thank you lord.

09-06-12, 11:44 AM

OriginANIME said:
Winry fanservice... thank you lord.

10-13-12, 8:13 AM

Quite a nice a funny episode, Al meeds his dad in Lion, some slight fan service from Winry always welcome :p, we see ed back and seems to have restored his health also he has a really weird taste in transforming cars :p

The ending with greed was quite something, lets see what's next!

11-05-12, 10:15 PM

so finally Al and Hohenheim meet!!

the people at Liore are much nicer compared to the first season ^^

guess they don't want any more battles.

delicious Winry service :D

Rose and Winry are such friends :)

i wonder what would Winry feel if Rose like Ed?? :D

nice Olivier manage to spill the true beans towards that general

finally Hohenheim tells Al everything about him, his immortality and homunculus as well!!!

seeing Al being excited to HohenHeim is great ^^

ahaha Ed really hates being short huh XD

his hair is much longer compared to the past episodes O____O

hahaha those two generals kidnapping Ed XD

guess the army can't really distinguish Ed if his hair is not tied.

hurry up Donkey Kong?? XD

Ed's taste for cars are unique :P

Hohenheim impress to Al being able to decipher all those clues :)

wow Greed killing Bido is just heartless T___T

so Ling was still in his body all this time.

Ling trying hard to make Greed remember.

finally Greed remembers!

prepare yourself King Bradley, he's fucking PISSED as hell.

cannot wait for the battle :)

12-15-12, 4:41 AM

Ling is back, baby.

Pages (3) « 0.6 1.6 [2.6] »
Advertising     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy