Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 21, 2010 8:34 AM

May 2009
Great episode. Highlight of the episode? Winry in the bathtub. I'd love to be a rubber ducky in there :D :D :D It made my day.

Ling face to face with Greed was great. "Friends are bound by heart/soul" B)
Poor lizard guy put his life on the line just to see Greed and how he gets repaid was just sad.

"...and very short." hahaha!! That joke was played well here. I think Ed looks better with longer hair. His face during hostage scene was priceless too xD; His car was ... well, not my taste I'd just say :P

Greed vs Wrath should be good. "That Day" arrives. Good buildup of anticipation on my end.
Feb 21, 2010 9:26 AM
May 2009
deadfoxblue said:
Fai said:
Possk said:
deadfoxblue said:

Oh, and someone mentioned Ed is meant to be taller than Winry now? I sooo want to see this.

There ya go. Last panel.

Sadly it seems that anime will ruin that scene as ed is still not as tall as he was in the manga -_-

I hope he is. But you're right, he still looked like a shorty in this episode. But then again, the two guys with him were giants, lol.

Ed was taller than Winry since volume 12/the episode Winry discovered that she loves him. Ya, rly. ;) it just wasn't shown so obviously like in this chapter of manga, so the fandom didn't saw it... Maybe because even if he's taller than Winry, he's still a shorty. At least in the world of adults he lives in (I wonder if Al's body is taller than him, hahaha...)
QashqaiFeb 21, 2010 9:29 AM
Feb 21, 2010 6:06 PM
May 2008
Cool ending, and overall nice episode.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Feb 21, 2010 7:32 PM

Dec 2009
v_p said:
tachyonserj said:
The Rin vs. Greed scene really showed how strong a character Rin is.

i certainly agree..

What is up with you calling him Rin?
Feb 21, 2010 9:36 PM

Oct 2007
Damn , i need to check the other episode ASAP
Feb 21, 2010 9:54 PM
Oct 2009
Qashqai said:
deadfoxblue said:
Fai said:
Possk said:
deadfoxblue said:

Oh, and someone mentioned Ed is meant to be taller than Winry now? I sooo want to see this.

There ya go. Last panel.

Sadly it seems that anime will ruin that scene as ed is still not as tall as he was in the manga -_-

I hope he is. But you're right, he still looked like a shorty in this episode. But then again, the two guys with him were giants, lol.

Ed was taller than Winry since volume 12/the episode Winry discovered that she loves him. Ya, rly. ;) it just wasn't shown so obviously like in this chapter of manga, so the fandom didn't saw it... Maybe because even if he's taller than Winry, he's still a shorty. At least in the world of adults he lives in (I wonder if Al's body is taller than him, hahaha...)

Really? I'd love to hear what made you think so. Is there at least a manga panel implying that?
Feb 24, 2010 1:18 PM
Mar 2009
Where the hell did Ed get the idea for a car like that? I'm assuming the show takes place in the early 1900's in a parallel universe, but a hot rod car? o_O
Feb 24, 2010 7:32 PM
Sep 2009
ChronosXIII said:
I'm assuming the show takes place in the early 1900's in a parallel universe

Not sure if this should be considered a spoiler (I don't think it is), but just in case, I'm putting it in a spoiler tag:

Mar 2, 2010 8:53 AM

Feb 2009
What a great episode, seriously someone has said before the show only gets better and I completely agree.

We finally get to see Rin/Greed and their "fight" was intense.

Next episode gives us some action that I was waiting for, looking forward.
Mar 14, 2010 8:15 PM

Jul 2008
I'm sad they lost all the Hohenheim comedy bits. He's such a Luna Lovegood type so it's sad seeing those bits cut out.

Other than that though... :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Loved this episode to bits, we are getting into the awesome end arc.

BEGINNER
Mar 17, 2010 11:37 AM
Jan 2010
Jouten said:

What is up with you calling him Rin?

Yes, stop forcing the weeaboo on us. His name is Lin or Ling more like.
Apr 29, 2010 11:09 PM

Sep 2009
Greed attacking the fuhrer at the end was just epic the next episode will be really awesome xD
the donkey kong reference made me laugh a lot xD
and eds car was pretty badass :D
poorr bido >.<;
pretty good how Ling Persuaded Greed and all >:D

May 10, 2010 1:43 AM

May 2008
Greed is the pwnz

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 21, 2010 3:22 AM

Sep 2009
Woah...Winry fanservice...too bad Ed wasn't there to accidentally walk in like all of those romantic comedies.

Greed should have pretended to be the same and strike at the right moment.
Jul 10, 2010 4:50 PM

Aug 2009
What's happening to Greed? Will Ling be able to get his body back because of this event? Good job Ling, he messed up with Greed's mind and now it's all messed up. The next episode is a battle between Ling and Bradley so i guess he got his mind back.

Okay so Winry fan service was sure lovely. I didn't know Winry was hiding those two big and juicy watermelons. You better marry her Ed, and speaking of Edward, I loved how they made it seem like he's a badass guy that will not let his guard down anymore. It's Kimblee's fault for making Ed like this!

I wonder what's this "Day" Hohenheim was talking about with Al. Damn I can't wait for next.
Nov 3, 2010 9:24 AM

Dec 2008
Emperor-sama said:
That last part at the end with Rin scolding Greed for killing his friend was very powerful. Poor Greed. :(

Really looking forward to next episode. The battle I've been waiting for. XD

Next episode, Greed's Wrath. ;)

^ +1
Wow! That scene was intense!!
Dec 20, 2010 1:44 PM

Nov 2009
porkypink said:
Nice episode, most ppl were unsatisfied with why Ed wasn't on for awhile but I was wondering more to what happened to Rin. That Rin v.s. Greed scene was touching, I loved how it was presented! The C part was also epic, I guess Rin finally took control of the body and now is trying to kill all homunculus. He is in a good situation unless Pride kills his mother..

Well, not neccessarily right? I mean Wrath DID kill the previous Greed's friends. It seems he's getting fragments of those memories back.
Dec 26, 2010 8:26 PM
Oct 2008
The fanservice was ridiculous as almost always is, but surprisingly, it wasnt too stupid and annoying.
The Ed scenes seemed really bland.
The Al scenes with his dad were really cool.
Greed/Ling is cool as always, and the next episode is gonna be awesome!

Also, i really hope romance dosent ruin the show. I see some cliches approaching, but i'd like to think they are few.
Mar 20, 2011 2:28 PM

Mar 2010
ArnoldK said:
Only seen screen shots, but am loving the Winry fanservice!

I WANT A WINRY AND ROSE HENTAI SCENE

anyways looks like greed got his memories back or ling took over

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 23, 2011 10:38 PM

Oct 2010
Ling vs. Greed was awesome. It was nice hearing Miyano's voice again. <3

And those eyecatches were 8). Winry in the bathtub (with rubber duckies!) and Ed with his hair down. Yesss.
[insert awesome signature here]
Jul 17, 2011 3:32 PM

May 2010
-Derp said:
Delicious Winry fanservice nomnomnom.

Where's the thumbs up? :)
Jul 20, 2011 3:42 AM

Dec 2010
YES!!! Greed is back! I've lost all the hope for this to happen, until now. The fact that he killed the last of his Dublith friends was sad, but I guess it was the turning point where he came back to his senses. Greed died twice by now and I never imagined of what he could actually do if he was still alive. I hope he wont be screwed too fast again(but probably he WILL get screwed, after all all the cool characters in FMA died and I really doubt that Brotherhood wont resemble it coming to this aspect).
Aug 7, 2011 10:19 AM
Jul 2010
Yeah, Central sure is scary -_-'' So it looks like it's like I thought - the nationwide transmutation circle will be used to get souls for the immortal army. I liked Al's conversation with Hohenheim. Unlike Ed, he doesn't hold a grudge against him. Probably because he was younger when he left and also due to his more understanding nature, which, by the way, showed a lot in here. He didn't show any resentment, trusted his father and completely accepted his story and what he had to say. Not to mention how interesting their conversation was. Last episode I was wondering why Father's plan wasn't moving already since they've completed the transmutation circle. Now it seems like it has something to do with the right day. But I'd still love to hear some more explanation on that.

I'm also glad Ed is now fully recovered and that scene where they escaped the soliders was actually really funny. Especially Ed's awful car design xD But now he doesn't have a clue of what to do. I guess he'll figure it out though - the guy is somewhat of a chibi genius.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 21, 2012 6:16 PM
Jul 2008
Nice episode.
Yay, Rin is back :)
Feb 1, 2012 4:09 PM

Sep 2010
Woo! Greed is losing the battle!
As for Alphonse...I can't believe he outwardly trusted the father who left him so easily. So naïve of him.
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
May 19, 2012 12:46 PM

Sep 2011
Winry fanservice... thank you lord.
Sep 6, 2012 11:44 AM

May 2011
OriginANIME said:
Winry fanservice... thank you lord.
Oct 13, 2012 8:13 AM

May 2012
Quite a nice a funny episode, Al meeds his dad in Lion, some slight fan service from Winry always welcome :p, we see ed back and seems to have restored his health also he has a really weird taste in transforming cars :p

The ending with greed was quite something, lets see what's next!
Nov 5, 2012 10:15 PM

Jul 2009
so finally Al and Hohenheim meet!!

the people at Liore are much nicer compared to the first season ^^

guess they don't want any more battles.

delicious Winry service :D

Rose and Winry are such friends :)

i wonder what would Winry feel if Rose like Ed?? :D

nice Olivier manage to spill the true beans towards that general

finally Hohenheim tells Al everything about him, his immortality and homunculus as well!!!

seeing Al being excited to HohenHeim is great ^^

ahaha Ed really hates being short huh XD

his hair is much longer compared to the past episodes O____O

hahaha those two generals kidnapping Ed XD

guess the army can't really distinguish Ed if his hair is not tied.

hurry up Donkey Kong?? XD

Ed's taste for cars are unique :P

Hohenheim impress to Al being able to decipher all those clues :)

wow Greed killing Bido is just heartless T___T

so Ling was still in his body all this time.

Ling trying hard to make Greed remember.

finally Greed remembers!

prepare yourself King Bradley, he's fucking PISSED as hell.

cannot wait for the battle :)
Dec 15, 2012 4:41 AM
Jun 28, 2013 9:15 AM

Nov 2012
Yes! Ling vs Greed! And now for Greed vs Wrath!
Aug 5, 2013 10:20 AM
Sep 2012
Good episode, 4/5

wtf is 'vintage armor' everyone's talking about?
Oct 25, 2013 3:36 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The Winry in the tub scene was fanservice at it's best. Quite more voluptuous than expected too!

Ed has crap taste in automobiles and somehow, the encounter between Hohenheim and Alphonse was a bit meh...But Ling vs. Wrath at the end more than made up for it.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 26, 2013 5:50 PM

Jan 2013
Quanto mais assisto, mais aumenta o medo de acabar junto com a vontade de assistir.
Nov 2, 2013 12:33 PM

May 2013
Nice episode. getting closer to the ending
Dec 27, 2013 8:33 PM

Jul 2013
yeah! badass Ed was badass!! I personally think letting his hair loose makes him look cooler.

Greed is showing a great potential of becoming an ally!
Dec 29, 2013 7:50 PM

May 2013
Awww, Greed and Bido scene was sad :(
Mar 9, 2014 9:09 PM
May 2013
that conversation at the beginning is as awkward as my dad asking what grade I am in on the same month.
Mar 20, 2014 9:59 PM

Jun 2011
Now that's one great episode, this is the feel I got 10+ episode before. The previous 10+ episodes had been pretty meh.. OMG Greed vs Wrath, great shit! Ling's back!! Man, I wish we could've visited Xing, maybe after all these?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 23, 2014 11:17 PM
Apr 2013
bido and greed part was really surprisingly sad! really good ep.
May 29, 2014 4:15 PM

Jul 2013
Ed's reappearance and just slowly taking out those guys was badass. Felt like I was watching a horror movie with a serial killer. Digging his new look too.

The Ling and Greed moment was interesting as well.
Jun 9, 2014 12:16 PM

Apr 2012
that was an okay episode

winry fan service
ED pimp my ride: Fullmetal Alchemist edition
Ling taking his body back

Next episode should be great
zzzeallyJun 9, 2014 12:35 PM

Jun 11, 2014 1:08 AM

Aug 2013
Ed has such horrible taste.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 11, 2014 7:10 AM

Jan 2012
The Greedling self-conflict was delicious. I think it's silly that Ling is trying to help the thing controlling his body, but I really liked the line "You're supposed to be greedy enough to want to keep everything." The actual scene was definitely sad, though -- poor Bido -- and I loved that it ended with him screaming over the body.

Oh and Ed should keep ponytail over braid.
Sep 3, 2014 5:11 PM

Jul 2014
To be honest that car was ugly, Ed has bad taste, lol.
[
Sep 21, 2014 11:25 AM

May 2009
Lmao.

Ed with his hair down was nice.

Nooo Greed. ;_; Run away Greed! I started to like you! D:
Sep 26, 2014 1:48 AM

Jan 2014
Greed recuperates at the expense of lizard guy.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 27, 2014 10:36 AM

Apr 2013
Ed looks more BA with his hair down. Now let me guess, the day of solar eclipse?
Nov 2, 2014 10:33 PM

Aug 2013
Hmm.. Ed should have left his hair without tying it. :b
And also that car design LOL.
Greed is awesome.
Dec 30, 2014 4:25 PM
May 2012
That Winry fanservice *o*
Ed is back.....and yep, that car was horrible ahahaha.
Powerful scene with Greed and Ling.....and that poor lizard dude. Greed attacked Bradley at the end :O
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.