Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
BAMBOO BLADE
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 14, 2010 2:05 PM

Jun 2009
what's with the throat strike? everybody keeps acting like its a horrible thing to do or something
Feb 14, 2010 2:07 PM

Jun 2009
what's with the throat's strike? everybody keeps acting as if it's horrible or something
Feb 14, 2010 2:09 PM

Jun 2009
what's with the throat's strike? everybody keeps acting as if it's horrible or something
Sep 11, 2010 8:54 PM

Jul 2008
Kinda meh episode. I loved the show in the beginning but it kinda lost it's touch. Still, I'm gonna stick for the last four episodes.
Dec 13, 2010 11:39 AM

Feb 2010
So the Kanto-Team-Tournament is over for them? D: Oh, it is sad day.
Aug 26, 2014 12:51 PM

May 2012
Pretty nice episode in general but quite sad that Tama-chan actually lost, nice match though.
Jan 21, 2015 4:59 PM

Aug 2014
Feeling kinda bad for Mr. Generic in this episode. He didn't get his turn in character development because:

1. He's a guy. With Eiga, he's not exactly part of the kendo team. At least he's part of the club...
  2. His kendo skills wasn't anything of concern throughout the series. He's not weak, but his strength was overshadowed by Tama.

I can see why he's worried that he might not win matches in the Kanto Tournament.

Miya's "problems" are so pointless. She's gotten a lot stronger & yet Stalker Yandere & Tramp American just makes her lose her touch simply by their presence.
She doesn't necessarily need to prove herself to Eiga. Despite me finding their lovey-dovey moments annoying, at least I know they really love each other!

Tama's loss was expected. Let's see what she'll learn from it.

Why the sudden return of Asshole #1 & Asshole #2?
Jun 27, 2016 9:44 AM

Mar 2010
I kind don't care about Tama losing (honestly, I don't hate her, but I'm kind of annoyed with how OP she is), but I feel bad for Miya-miya, she's trying so hard and yet she can't overcome her weaknesses.
Sep 14, 2019 6:11 AM

Apr 2013
Well using that stance against Tama is pretty unfair, since she seems to have a trauma with it. Anyway there's too much focus on Tama and Miyako imo and not enough on Kirino and Saya.
May 15, 2021 2:06 AM

Dec 2010
Bruh, this was something else. First thing - so the author does know how to make a good Kendo match after all - I was really getting disappointed by this being simply a school comedy with "bamboo blades" for flavour.

But second, and just as important - the direction in the episode was superb. From Suzuki's overpowering presence atop the stairs, to the complete silence in the seconds after Tama got defeated. This episode is close to perfection.

Miya Miya is still fighting like a beginner, putting energy in pointless attacks and not keeping distance. This is quite realistic all things considered though, and one can definitely feel how much she improved. She's probably my favourite character now.

This episode it felt like Tama was robbed. She was too focused on her memory's about her mom and that's what's so stupid about how she lost. I'm truly pissed at how it happened. It would have felt better if it was a real win were they where both trying and had no distractions. This was just way to fast and way to one sided. I can only hope Tama overcomes her weakness and slaughters this bitch in the finals.
Tama wasn't robbed - from the perspective of someone who's got experience in the sport, she lost fair and square. Maintaining focus is a key point in Kendo, especially during a match. If your opponent keeps focus while you become distracted from something like his unusual stance or style, the fault falls to you. A lot of unexperienced fighters actually fall prey to this when facing Two Swords or High Stance in matches.

To add to the point that Tama lost completely, she used her strongest, as well as forbidden, technique and still failed.
Sep 30, 2021 7:54 AM

Jun 2016
Tama lost her cool, and ended up losing the fight. I wonder how she'll respond to this lose.

On the flip side, Miya just can't catch a break. She has to win at some point, right? Maybe she'll win in the individual matches...

Jan 25, 2023 1:21 PM
May 2020
This was a great episode, WHY DID HARDLY ANYONE WATCH IT ON CRUNCHYROLL?!?!?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bamboo Blade Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SunSir - Apr 3, 2008

126 by KitsuFrost »»
Nov 1, 2023 3:53 AM

Poll: » Bamboo Blade Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

playconn - Feb 2, 2008

50 by KitsuFrost »»
Oct 31, 2023 3:52 PM

Poll: » Bamboo Blade Episode 13 Discussion

Abyss - Dec 26, 2007

40 by KitsuFrost »»
Oct 31, 2023 3:45 PM

Poll: » Bamboo Blade Episode 25 Discussion

alert105 - Mar 25, 2008

39 by 1Konochi »»
Jan 31, 2023 7:13 PM

Poll: » Bamboo Blade Episode 24 Discussion

Netforce - Mar 20, 2008

49 by 1Konochi »»
Jan 30, 2023 8:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.