Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2008 11:53 AM
Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I didn't like this episode... While I do think a hint of drama is healthy for all anime, I wouldn't want a comedy series like this to spend one episode on a "get over it" problem. The preview looks good though.
Mar 8, 2008 11:58 AM

Mar 2007
yeah I didn't like this episode either >_>
Not to mention I find Yume to be utterly beyond boring .
giev me my humor back next week ! >_<

(made by MistaCloudStrife ^^)
Mar 8, 2008 4:32 PM

Oct 2007
well, wasnt the best episode. wonder where this "development" is heading...

Mar 15, 2008 4:52 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yeah I agree, this episode wasn't that great. 3/5

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 15, 2008 9:31 AM

Feb 2008
Like you all said, this episode was alright.
Can't believe there's only 3 more left T_T
Mar 15, 2008 12:13 PM

Aug 2007
Yep this anime isn't that great when it comes to being a serious anime. I'd actually prefer it as a more comedic one.
Mar 15, 2008 1:37 PM
Dec 2007
This episode was decent. It wasn't funny, but I find no harm in having an episode like this even in a comedy series of ecchiness. At first I thought Yume was very boring, especially in the beginning. She just seemed like a filler sister. But, I do think she's the cutest sister. And it was nice seeing a bit of a background story on Natose.

Mar 15, 2008 2:54 PM

Jan 2007
I couldn't take all the seriousness seriously. It was pretty stupid. Though I did like the hint at Mihato's and Ren's situation.
Mar 15, 2008 10:10 PM

Jun 2007
Faust721 said:
I couldn't take all the seriousness seriously. It was pretty stupid. Though I did like the hint at Mihato's and Ren's situation.

ya I'm a bit confused as to what they where trying to hint. Where they hinting at Mihato and Ren not really being related or where they hinting at the father they ran away from not being their real dad?
Mar 16, 2008 7:29 PM

Nov 2007
DeathfireD said:
Faust721 said:

ya I'm a bit confused as to what they where trying to hint. Where they hinting at Mihato and Ren not really being related or where they hinting at the father they ran away from not being their real dad?

I assume they're step (or half) brother and sister. Both of her parents could be dead, but his dad isn't. And they both refer to his dad as "dad" and they're still "siblings." At which point, this whole 'sister complex' could be far less creepy if they are in fact not related by blood but by marriage (step brother/sister).

---

I found this episode to be decent. But it wasn't as good as some of the previous episodes.

How could someone hold a life grudge over "why didn't you cry? you must be a robot" ? I think it's a silly topic in the first place. Obviously the storywriters needed some kind of 'strife' between the two sisters and didn't want to make it too serious...but come on...couldn't they have thought up something a little better? It's just not realistic :P

Other than that, I think every anime needs a serious episode or two.
Mar 17, 2008 4:36 PM

Feb 2008
well as far as complex'es and emotional attachment are concerned, if they are strong enough, blood relation or otherwise become meaningless. most anime seem to aproach these on a comical or somewhat acceptable stance. [Onegai Twins]?

in some communities or cultires they are probably accepted norms, certain were in the old times.

there werent anything intricate with this one but anyone whos been watching it thus far has to see it through.
Mar 21, 2008 10:40 PM

Aug 2007
hmm no mindless fanservice this episode. :/
Mar 22, 2008 1:56 AM

Nov 2007
hybridkiller said:
DeathfireD said:
Faust721 said:

I assume they're step (or half) brother and sister. Both of her parents could be dead, but his dad isn't. And they both refer to his dad as "dad" and they're still "siblings." At which point, this whole 'sister complex' could be far less creepy if they are in fact not related by blood but by marriage (step brother/sister).

The first thing I thought of from that hint was that after they ran away from their father, Mihato went back and killed him but hasn't told Ren yet. <-- probably wrong though...
Mar 22, 2008 10:40 AM

Sep 2007
All I have to say is..

Stripes <33~

Mar 26, 2008 5:28 AM
Oct 2007
Woah, this episode was different
Mar 26, 2008 8:58 PM

Dec 2007
hybridkiller said:

How could someone hold a life grudge over "why didn't you cry? you must be a robot" ? I think it's a silly topic in the first place. Obviously the storywriters needed some kind of 'strife' between the two sisters and didn't want to make it too serious...but come on...couldn't they have thought up something a little better? It's just not realistic :P

Maybe not to you. Came across perfectly to me. I'd explain it but...IMO they did a great job of explaining it in the episode itself so I think it'd be a waste of words.

Anyway. I liked this episode a lot. ....Is next episode REALLY about Chiharu, though?? I feel sorry for the guy, but that would take away from the fact that he really is mostly there to make the joke that nobody notices him.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Mar 28, 2008 4:51 PM

Mar 2008
Well, it was ok.

But I miss that funny greatness of previous episodes.

The makers don't have a feeling for touching drama.

Anyway, I never can get enough of the Natose-loves-Ren-playing-little-brother-joke. :D
Apr 26, 2009 10:46 AM

Jul 2008
This episode wasnt bad, but it really could have been better?
The fact that Shinra got mad at Yume for calling her a robot was quite stupid...I was expecting something more along the lines of hate. ._.
I liked seeing some of Natose's background, but it was a little disappointing that her story was very simple and short. D:
And Mihato is getting more and more mysterious...hmmm.

Well the preview looks nice.
Bleed for me.

May 9, 2009 4:43 PM

Aug 2008
Nice little episode. Was a really dramatic compared to the last lot.

As Tsukanda said, it was cool seeing Natose's background, even with how short it was.

I like Yume. :)
Feb 3, 2011 4:11 AM

Mar 2009
I'm actually liking this anime a little bit more, but it definitely isn't anything great.
May 7, 2016 4:17 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Tsukanda said:
This episode wasnt bad, but it really could have been better?
The fact that Shinra got mad at Yume for calling her a robot was quite stupid...I was expecting something more along the lines of hate. ._.
I liked seeing some of Natose's background, but it was a little disappointing that her story was very simple and short. D:
And Mihato is getting more and more mysterious...hmmm.

Well the preview looks nice.

Just like you said, I enjoyed this episode, since finally yume will also get some sisters love from now on.
Aug 8, 2018 9:30 AM

May 2012
Pretty nice backstory and character development if you ask me in this episode, quite liked it and looking forwards to see what's next!
Jan 21, 2022 2:24 AM

Aug 2018
Boring episode, I don't like Yume or Natose, so I do not give a shit about their pasts.

Nov 2, 2022 6:00 AM
Feb 2022
got confused a lot but i love the character devolopment and especially with the parents of the main characters, what happend to his and her dad and mom? who knows kekeke

More topics from this board

» How close is this to the VN?

HunLepto - Jul 31, 2020

12 by HibiChika »»
Feb 29, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 5, 2008

51 by Nyanroro »»
May 24, 2023 4:58 PM

» Similar shows

bezardo - Mar 4, 2023

0 by bezardo »»
Mar 4, 2023 8:46 PM

Poll: » Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de Episode 9 Discussion

radiantfire - Mar 1, 2008

29 by Doc101 »»
Feb 22, 2023 1:41 PM

Poll: » Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KY791 - Mar 29, 2008

73 by KanthorFehga »»
Jan 21, 2023 3:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.