Forum Settings
Forums

NIS America Acquires Toradora and PandoraHearts

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 14, 2010 11:33 AM

Mar 2008
I was so excited by the news I found NIS and checked out their forums. I've especially wanted Pandora Hearts so I can have some decent footage for an AMV for the series.

It has been mentioned here I think, but yes these titles will be released in Japanese with subs. I've checked out the pre-order info (only available for Trinity and Toradora at the moment) and in the listing they have...
------------------------------
Extra content: OP/ ED Clean versions, and more! (Details will be updated soon!)
Premium Box with bonus item: 30+ page, full color, hardcover art book (approx. 10" x 7"), including interviews with the original Japanese voice actors/actresses.
--------------------------------
So it looks like they'll be nicely packed sets. Toradora's first set release is 2 DVDs covering 13 episodes. :)

In one comment response about the sub decision, they said it would cost them 10k to dub one episode (remember this is a company that doesn't have the same resources that Funimation does). So dubbing 4 normal length series would be a steep million dollars. Again if it takes off well it does sound like there's hope they'd do dubs in the future.

Well I wish them well stepping into the anime industry. I definitely have my eye on Pandora Heart's and maybe Toradora.
Apr 21, 2010 1:13 PM

Jan 2009
this nice, now ill be able to buy an actual boxset of toradora.
they wont dub it though, check the forums at nisamer.
Jun 26, 2010 12:14 AM

May 2009
Pandora Hearts has licended in France =D

Jul 10, 2010 7:06 AM

Aug 2008
StarMasayume said:
I was so excited by the news I found NIS and checked out their forums. I've especially wanted Pandora Hearts so I can have some decent footage for an AMV for the series.

It has been mentioned here I think, but yes these titles will be released in Japanese with subs. I've checked out the pre-order info (only available for Trinity and Toradora at the moment) and in the listing they have...
------------------------------
Extra content: OP/ ED Clean versions, and more! (Details will be updated soon!)
Premium Box with bonus item: 30+ page, full color, hardcover art book (approx. 10" x 7"), including interviews with the original Japanese voice actors/actresses.
--------------------------------
So it looks like they'll be nicely packed sets. Toradora's first set release is 2 DVDs covering 13 episodes. :)

In one comment response about the sub decision, they said it would cost them 10k to dub one episode (remember this is a company that doesn't have the same resources that Funimation does). So dubbing 4 normal length series would be a steep million dollars. Again if it takes off well it does sound like there's hope they'd do dubs in the future.
10k? wow.

Can't wait to get this on DVD.
Jul 20, 2010 9:43 PM
Jul 2010
hmm i am very excited for Toradora to arrive in the US. Its easily my favorite anime of all time =)!! however if they do dub it i just hope the dont change much like in certain shows guess we just gotta wait to find out. but yea an offical sub would be nice too
Jul 22, 2010 7:55 PM

Jun 2008
StarMasayume said:

Ohhh wow. I understand and respect their decision completely, but god, I'm disappointed that Toradora and Pandora Hearts won't be dubbed ;_;
Well, at least hopefully if they make a lot of money from this they might be able to dub and re-release them later, so there's still hope.
Jul 23, 2010 2:37 AM
Feb 2010
This is great! :)
Jul 25, 2010 11:41 AM

Jun 2009
would like to buy pandora hearts, hope it gets a dub
"everyone knows that the last toes are always the coldest to go."

Telavators-the mars volta
Jul 25, 2010 2:07 PM

Feb 2010
oh no
Aug 18, 2010 6:45 PM
Dec 2009
Total bull that they aren't getting dubs.
They WILL NOT be getting my money.
Aug 18, 2010 11:37 PM

Aug 2008
I bought the Toradora box set 1 at Anime Expo in early July. No, there is no dub, for anyone else who is wondering.

Btw, it's interesting to see how generally there are very few dub fans, but when a popular anime like Toradora isn't getting a dub, all the dub fans suddenly appear out of nowhere, lol.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Sep 5, 2010 10:21 AM
Jul 2018
guyklc said:
I bought the Toradora box set 1 at Anime Expo in early July. No, there is no dub, for anyone else who is wondering.

Btw, it's interesting to see how generally there are very few dub fans, but when a popular anime like Toradora isn't getting a dub, all the dub fans suddenly appear out of nowhere, lol.

No, NIS America is new to the anime industry, so it's understandable why they didn't dub the series. But I heard that if the boxsets does well enough, they might take the second step.
Sep 5, 2010 12:03 PM

Dec 2008
Smochi said:
StarMasayume said:

Ohhh wow. I understand and respect their decision completely, but god, I'm disappointed that Toradora and Pandora Hearts won't be dubbed ;_;
Well, at least hopefully if they make a lot of money from this they might be able to dub and re-release them later, so there's still hope.

NIS had stated that they didn't have enough cash to do a dub. Even if they wanted they couldn't, but they did mention in a Sentai way that if sales are well enough that they could go back, and dub it in the future.
Sep 5, 2010 8:22 PM

Aug 2010
NOOO
NIS SHOULD FOCUS MORE IN GAMING INDUSTRY -.-
Sep 25, 2010 7:27 PM
Jan 2008
i have the fiisrt season on DVD n.n got it durring AX 2010 and also got it sign by Eri and Yui

Sep 26, 2010 6:16 AM
Jul 2018
Leonzs said:
NIS had stated that they didn't have enough cash to do a dub. Even if they wanted they couldn't, but they did mention in a Sentai way that if sales are well enough that they could go back, and dub it in the future.

That's the reason why I bought the Toradora box sets. I ordered them at Right Stuf and got Toradora box set 1 in yesterday.

EDIT: I also preordered Toradora! Box Set 2 as well.
removed-userSep 26, 2010 7:54 AM
Sep 27, 2010 1:10 PM

Mar 2010
I was thinking of getting the box sets but if they DO dub it I want the dub plus I don't have enough money for both so I will just wait till they release the WHOLE series, dub or not.
Feb 23, 2011 10:49 PM

Apr 2009
My brother ordered the Toradora dvd for my birthday and I was freaking out because he would only use the free shipping and then it was there, the next day on my doorstep. This company is like 3 miles away from my house. Hopefully they will lisense more anime!~
Apr 29, 2011 7:01 PM

Oct 2009
Already have both the premium volumes ordered. Volume 2 was available on their site, but Volume 1 was out of stock. Fortunately I was able to find the 1st volume on another anime site (after digging through Google for about 5 minutes) for the same price. All in all, I'm happy. There's no way I could miss one of my favorite anime series' being released in such a package. I don't buy anime often, but Toradora is literally one of my favorite series', and this premium package (in which the price really matches what you get) was something I could not pass up :P

Apr 29, 2011 9:47 PM

Jul 2009
Finally!!!! I've been waiting for Toradora to be released in America for ages!!!!
Jun 4, 2011 11:41 PM

Sep 2008
I find it interesting that this new-type dubbing company is taking Toradora, but if they don't do well with it, I hope Funimation or another great company can take it.
Sep 14, 2011 9:56 PM
Jul 2009
Pretty pathetic how they can't even afford to dub Toradora.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

26 by ZXEAN »»
2 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
8 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.