MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Shakugan no Shana S Episode 2 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Shakugan no Shana S »» Shakugan no Shana S Episode 2 Discussion

Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana S Episode 2 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

46 36.22%
4 out of 5: Liked it

32 25.20%
3 out of 5: It was OK

30 23.62%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

16 12.60%
1 out of 5: Hated it

3 2.36%
Voters: 127

02-27-10, 1:40 AM

I liked the first episode better, but this one was good.

LAZINESS WILL BE THE DEATH OF YOU!

02-27-10, 2:15 AM

Yeah, i thought the first one was better (mostly b/c shana appeared more) but it was still good. Thankfully i know japanese so i quickly turned off the subs >.>

_Shakugan_no_Shana_S_

02-27-10, 6:55 AM

good ep. but the subs is not good haha..
[img]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o4/joanah009/1_zpsc3ca3a1d.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o4/joanah009/2_zps194f1cf1.jpg[/img][img]http://cdn.myanimelist.net/signature/joanah009.png[/img][img]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o4/joanah009/3_zpsbba1eda7.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o4/joanah009/4_zps2eb38dbe.jpg[/img]

02-27-10, 1:21 PM

The subs were so bad it was like practically watching the RAW! But no matter, at least the episode finally came out, now..another 2 or 3 month wait until the next one.. :'(

02-27-10, 4:20 PM

I just saw this episode.

I'm a big Shana fan.. but my lord, what was going on with the subbing? I've never seen worse. Does anyone know if there will be a different version up at any point?

If not, could someone please explain to me what happened (it can be via a message to prevent spoilers for others)? I understand the basics, it's just hard to get a good feel for it when the translations are so off the charts.
Modified by tachyonserj, 02-27-10, 4:27 PM

02-27-10, 6:49 PM

Just curious about you guys mentioning about POPSUBS: Is that the one that has a lot of the word "bar" in this episode's subs?

Watched the Chinese sub instead. It was basically a surprise party arranged by Alastor to improve the relationship between Wilhelmina and Yuuji (since Wilhemina had quite a hostile attitude towards Yuuji, especially in the first season). Everybody knows about the party itself except for those two, so the two 'forced' to work together to find out what's going on while others pretend that they don't know what's going on.

There's also another reason behind the surprise party; Shana heard from Wihelmina that the date is supposed to be some important date, so at the end she asked her what it is about. It turns out to be the date that Shana was 'adopted' to Tendokyu (that floating fortress she spent her childhood), I think.

02-27-10, 8:17 PM

Shana's too awesome xD had to watch the raw even though i won't know what their talking about at certain parts haha!

02-27-10, 9:12 PM

after the long wait for episode 2 it was so disappointing...because i didn't have a clue what was going on or being said xD those subs were really bad that it was funny.

02-28-10, 12:34 AM

quentinlau said:
Just curious about you guys mentioning about POPSUBS: Is that the one that has a lot of the word "bar" in this episode's subs?

Watched the Chinese sub instead. It was basically a surprise party arranged by Alastor to improve the relationship between Wilhelmina and Yuuji (since Wilhemina had quite a hostile attitude towards Yuuji, especially in the first season). Everybody knows about the party itself except for those two, so the two 'forced' to work together to find out what's going on while others pretend that they don't know what's going on.

There's also another reason behind the surprise party; Shana heard from Wihelmina that the date is supposed to be some important date, so at the end she asked her what it is about. It turns out to be the date that Shana was 'adopted' to Tendokyu (that floating fortress she spent her childhood), I think.

Mm.. yeah. PopSubs is the one. Thanks for the summary.
Pretty good episode I thought. I know there's a lot of criticism for this OVA being filler (and it definitely is in a sense), but I'm curious to see how this strengthening of Wilhelmina and Yuuji's relationship will affect season 3 (since the creators mentioned this OVA is essentially a setup for it).

02-28-10, 3:11 AM

tachyonserj said:
Mm.. yeah. PopSubs is the one. Thanks for the summary.
Pretty good episode I thought. I know there's a lot of criticism for this OVA being filler (and it definitely is in a sense), but I'm curious to see how this strengthening of Wilhelmina and Yuuji's relationship will affect season 3 (since the creators mentioned this OVA is essentially a setup for it).

Even for an OVA episode this seemed out line with it being pretty much all plot based talking and such; it was something more befitting a TV episode than an OVA. Interesting but overall a big let down, I thought when Margery punched Marqoius of the roof was the best part of the show.

If you haven't seen it yet or can't watch and understand the raw ones I'd suggest that you go into it with a unusual mind frame: Expect this episode to suck hard, like 1 out of 10 hard; so once you watch it you won't feel the big letdown (that most of the rest of us have so far) from waiting several months for it to come out. Once you do watch it's enjoyment will only go upwards. Like going out and watching B movies with your friends; you know it gonna suck so you don't feel let down, if it's good then its much more satisfying like you've discovered a gem in the rough.

02-28-10, 6:37 AM

is there any GOOD versions of ep 2 yet the subs i just watched are... 100% unwatchable most of the words made no sense and nearly every line was weird i mean i had to stop watching my fav anime because of the reallll bad subs

02-28-10, 11:09 AM

omg when is eclipse's subs coming out..

03-01-10, 7:24 AM

If no normal subs are out by 4th of March I will change the POP Subs to something watchable. You can figure out what's going on with common sense and a little Japanese so I should succed :P

03-01-10, 8:04 AM

Kowal said:
If no normal subs are out by 4th of March I will change the POP Subs to something watchable. You can figure out what's going on with common sense and a little Japanese so I should succed :P

it wont work since its easier to understand a RAW than watch popsubs lol
HEY GUYS BE NICE AND VISIT MY BLOG WILL YA? :D
Latest Update:
Spring 2011 Impressions (part1)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)

03-01-10, 6:46 PM

Eh...I'm normally really patient, this time, I'm itching to find out what happens next in Shakugan no Shana and I don't want to watch the newest episode until good subs come out because the pop subs just suck. =(

03-01-10, 7:37 PM

I have to agree , Popsubs was terrible , like it was literally done in babblefish or something , I managed to get thru the ep with what little Japanese I know and having to change around the literal translation in my mind to make sense.

Can't wait til Eclipse , Chihiro or a group I've actually heard of do this.

03-02-10, 5:42 AM

hm still no subs? geez groups are lazy these days:(

03-02-10, 6:56 PM

Kazenoken released a sub, torrenting now... though never heard of them. It can't be worse than POPSUBS though, considering the comments I've been reading about them.

EDIT: shit nvm, they just released episode 1........................
I jumped to the gun too fast....
who release a new subbed version of episode 1 at this hour....?

03-02-10, 11:42 PM

Might as well just watch it raw. You can figure out exactly what's going on even if you don't understand a word.

03-03-10, 10:37 AM

Well I am nearly done changing the POPSUBS trash into something more readable (although some of the stuff will probably not make sense still... It's hard to change something that makes 0 sense). Anyone know where to upload it?

Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices