Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2010 6:51 AM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The new precure series. Heartcatch Precure! start very exciting and has interesting setting..more than other precure series so much !.

The legendary precure in the beginning. Who is she? What the relationship with her and dark precure ? How the story move from now on ?

Another thing is The character development of Erika and Tsubomi.
Both have their problem and interaction of them is..fresh style and has many humor(I like it.). didn't look like other at all.

And concept of the monster is the thing that I like although It's look like Shuga Chara.But I don't care.It's the best concept of the monster that I can think now.(And it can make impact for the story too much)

Another thing that I like is character design It's look like Casshern sins+Ojamajo doremi and wow animation is really good.

Espectially OP It's really...really...fantastic. I watch it's for ten times now !

You should try to watch it!
Feb 9, 2010 10:37 AM

Nov 2007
Another Precure series, the youngest ones so far (if I'm right <3)
Personally I found it pretty intresting but Tsubomi + glasses isn't the typical pink haired leader girl I'm used to, well not yet thought she looks like a good one without glasses and a different personality maybe...
Anyways I love Erika <3
Feb 9, 2010 10:44 PM

Mar 2009
Just finished watching the first episode of Heart Catch and was majorly impressed. They completely revamped the precure series.

Precure Done Right Indeed...

The opening battle was really cool and drew me in right from the start.

The art work is overly simplistic, but it works in so many ways. It gives off a fresh and unique vibe absent from the previous series.

Ericka and Tsubomi are really interesting characters.Unlike these two, most of the precure characters are usually on the same page from the start. Ericka does give off a vibe of being hyperactive to the point of being annoying but that works for a reserved character like Tsubomi. Also realized she's the first heroine of the franchise to wear glasses regularly.

One key difference concerning the two-heroine team I've noticed is unlike her predecessors, Tsubomi could transform by herself, unlike the original precure or Splashstar characters.

And we already have a male character coming in to save Tsubomi next episode. I think Tsubomi's right when she questioned herself as possibly being the weakest precure in history.

However, one thing I felt they kind of ripped off was the whole heart flower bit. It reminds me of other mahou shoujo series like Sailor Moon or Shugo Chara where a person's heart contains something valuable that can be used as a weapon.
Feb 10, 2010 9:19 AM

Oct 2007
Interesting indeed.

At the beginning I was like "Wut, Casshern?"

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 11, 2010 2:45 AM

Oct 2009
This is not ojamajo doremi.

maybe
Feb 12, 2010 7:25 AM

Jan 2009
well, I'm curious about single-winged dark precure...who has mysterious golden right eye
dark precure, they once appeared in that awsome 5's movie, mirror world

and her voice is... her name is... Great Detective Conan!
Feb 13, 2010 4:25 PM

Jul 2008
Ha. This show was quite entertaining. Reminded me of the first season of Shugo Chara, but I'm not sure if I can stand 51 more episodes of this.
Feb 13, 2010 7:33 PM

Jul 2008
Do I have to watch all of the other Precure series to understand this one?
Feb 14, 2010 4:52 AM

Oct 2007
GarLogan78 said:
not sure about that but from what I heard this is a newly fresh start of the series and it doesn't seem to connect to the old ones.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 14, 2010 3:44 PM

Mar 2009
GarLogan78 said:

Unless you're planning to watch the Pretty Cure All stars Dx Movie 2, coming out later this year, then no. It's basically a restart. The series pretty much go something like this:

1st Series:

Pretty Cure (49 episodes)--Fully Subbed
Pretty Cure Max Heart (2nd Season/47 Episodes)----Fully Subbed

2nd Series:

Pretty Cure Splash Star (49 Episodes)--Partially Subbed

3rd Series:

Yes Pretty Cure 5 (49 Episodes)--Partially Subbed
Yes Pretty Cure 5 GoGo (2nd Season/48 Episodes)--Not subbed at all

4th Series:

Fresh Pretty Cure (50 Episodes)--Partially Subbed

5th & most recent series:

Heart Catch Pretty Cure (????)
Feb 15, 2010 1:37 AM

Jan 2009
GarLogan78 said:

I guess, you might want to watch 1st precure series at first.
and if you come to like it, you just have to watch other series

1st series' battle scenes, are really great, I think
Feb 23, 2010 7:03 AM
Feb 2009
at the start of the ep two cures battled in shypre and coffret's world-the great tree of hearts-there are cure moonlight and dark pretty cure, all of the sudden , moonlight was sacrificed herself so the two fairy-mascots went to the earth...but it was a weird dream...w/c is by tsubomi...

oh btw, i luv tsubomi's first attendance in myodou academy =D
and w/a teasing twist by erika (later cure marine)

and the new monster, desertian, came out frm erika's heart seed and fights on tsubomi... and just then shypre and coffret came down frm the sky and hit her face like a bulls eye and um...well tsubomi transforms into cure blossom

that's all 4 2nyt
Mar 4, 2010 7:22 AM

Mar 2009
shuffleair said:
Ha. This show was quite entertaining. Reminded me of the first season of Shugo Chara, but I'm not sure if I can stand 51 more episodes of this.

Muchly Seconded.

Mar 15, 2010 4:49 AM

Nov 2007
This seems like a cute show.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Mar 24, 2010 11:17 PM
Mar 2010
GarLogan78 said:

Not at all! You can go ahead and start this one. it's a completely different show :3
But perhaps you might check out some of the other ones as well. They are all very different and interesting.
Apr 6, 2010 2:23 AM

Mar 2007
This was so... very... ordinary.
May 27, 2010 2:52 PM

Aug 2007
I think this will be exciting. I watched first season of pretty cure and I have on on hold second season (becouse I dont find the episodes). But this one looks great.
Jan 7, 2011 1:20 AM

Aug 2008
Not bad, I think this may succeed where Shugo Chara failed for me. I like Erika despite her having a personality that I usually consider a real pain. Too bad for Tsubomi that it doesn't look like she get a quick and beautiful one hit K.O.

Mar 9, 2011 9:28 AM

Aug 2010
Nana Mizuki *adores*

I guess this means i'll be watching three Precure series side by side, doesn't really matter though mind.
Jan 26, 2017 11:01 AM

Nov 2012
Finally reached Heartcatch,time to see if this really is the best precure or not.

Like Erika and Tsubomi's contrast,makes for a good dynamic duo.

The heart flower concept is interesting.
Mar 3, 2017 1:35 PM

Nov 2011
This is my first Precure and my first mahou shoujo beyond the greats that be Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura.

It left a very good positive impression. I'm glad I took the time to find the HDTV version with Commie's subs; this series is gorgeous. The artstyle manages to convey a lot of details despite its simplicity, and the character designs are very pleasing as well. That animation budget is really showing too.

Story-wise there was a lot going on, even for a first episode. We see the fall of the previous Cure, Moonlight, to Dark Cure of a faction called the Desert Apostles; we get introduced to our very energetic starting duo; and we get thrown straight into the scenario at the end of the episode...

I'm very pleased and have moderate hopes for this series.

Also, regarding those who are criticising the "heart" thing as being a Sailor Moon ripoff, it doesn't bother me. The way Sailor Moon handled "pure hearts" was perhaps my least favorite of the various things sought in that franchise.
Sep 1, 2017 4:03 PM
Apr 2017
A really cool episode! Though I didn't get to see the battle scene, it still was amazing! And Tsubomi being new to this school is likely my school life in a nutshell XD
Dec 2, 2017 11:04 PM
Jul 2018
Before watching this I hated the art style and now I'm in love with it <3 Although one thing that anime has taught me is that when everything seems so simple at first, it gets really complicated later on (at least most of the time). I don't think I'll be able to keep myself from singing along with the OP :x
Feb 6, 2019 3:28 AM

Mar 2016
That ED is going to give me nightmares.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Sep 10, 2019 3:48 AM

May 2016
Just finished watching the first episode of Heart Catch and was majorly impressed. They completely revamped the precure series.

Precure Done Right Indeed...

The opening battle was really cool and drew me in right from the start.

The art work is overly simplistic, but it works in so many ways. It gives off a fresh and unique vibe absent from the previous series.

Ericka and Tsubomi are really interesting characters.Unlike these two, most of the precure characters are usually on the same page from the start. Ericka does give off a vibe of being hyperactive to the point of being annoying but that works for a reserved character like Tsubomi. Also realized she's the first heroine of the franchise to wear glasses regularly.

One key difference concerning the two-heroine team I've noticed is unlike her predecessors, Tsubomi could transform by herself, unlike the original precure or Splashstar characters.

And we already have a male character coming in to save Tsubomi next episode. I think Tsubomi's right when she questioned herself as possibly being the weakest precure in history.

However, one thing I felt they kind of ripped off was the whole heart flower bit. It reminds me of other mahou shoujo series like Sailor Moon or Shugo Chara where a person's heart contains something valuable that can be used as a weapon.
Oct 2, 2019 7:42 PM
Jul 2015
Now that symphogear finished this seems like the next magical girl series to go for. I already watched Hugguto and that was pretty good. But a lot of the time the fights felt shoehorned in. The fairies in this one probably won't live up to harry though.
Nov 2, 2019 2:01 PM

May 2016
The new precure series. Heartcatch Precure! start very exciting and has interesting setting..more than other precure series so much!

Another thing is The character development of Erika and Tsubomi.

And concept of the monster is the thing that I like although It's look like Shuga Chara.

Who is that Cure Moonlgiht in the first scene of the show and hope something like it happens in YGO 7 tbh.

Enter Cure Blossom!
May 19, 2020 7:00 PM

Jan 2009
that was fucking cheesy and goofy lol and with those funny sakuga faces (Umakoshi special) i love it
May 13, 2021 1:08 PM

Feb 2020
Decent start. I liked the interactions between Erika and Tsubomi.

SerafosFeb 19, 11:42 AM
May 15, 2021 11:41 PM

Jan 2010
I've read years ago that Heartcatch was, debatably, the best of Precure, although I don't recall what this "best" meant, nor how it came about. At the very least, Heartcatch was the primary reason I even began watching Precure to begin with. I would eventually learn that Yoshihiko Umakoshi, character designer for Casshern Sins, also did the character design for Heartcatch. I'm not exactly sure how that would translate into a quality show, but it gave me an idea of what to expect in terms of visuals. There would be bold, sketchy-yet-sharp linework, slick posing, glowing eye designs, stark shading during critical moments.

With this first episode, I can say those initial expectations were met. The first few moments of the show felt like an anime unlike Precure. The art and animation felt straight out of Casshern Sins, and it surprised me enough to exclaim that aloud. The episode itself felt extremely lively in terms of animation, and while I'm more used to the Umakoshi's sharp linework, I can definitely see traits of his artstyle depending on the camera angle, even with characters possessing rounded features.

That being said, we have an in media res conflict right at the beginning, lots of screaming, and a large breasts joke. I had expectations for Heartcatch, but I was somewhat caught off-guard on those details, especially the latter. It just seems uncharacteristic of Precure to have sexual innuendo jokes, but I'll hold off on forming a concrete opinion for the moment.
May 17, 2021 3:51 PM

Aug 2017
So, the designs were made by the same person who worked on Ojamajo Doremi. Checks out. Well, as an entry into Precure, this looks cute. Though I'm a bit disappointed by the CGI models in the ED (and partly in the transformation sequence, albeit here it's short and decent)
Nov 7, 2021 1:24 PM

Jan 2015
I really like the character designs, though my first thought was how they'd manage to integrate them into the next Precure crossover movie, considering how different they are from the other series'.

Having not watched Sailor Moon, I like the Heart Flower concept. If it's consistently used throughout the series, I feel like it could lead to a lot of emotional poignant storylines by directly connecting the characters' struggles and worries to what the Precure are fighting. The emotional arc of Fresh Precure was what saved the series for me, so it'd be nice to see a Precure series go in hard on that aspect.

For now I like Tsubomi more than Erika. Stealing Tsubomi's single piece of karaage when she was saving it for last is just unforgivable lol.

Will Precure ever have non-CGI EDs again...
Feb 5, 10:04 PM

Dec 2022
oh heck yes LOVE IT
Hirogaru was my first exposure to Precure and I already like this as much as that and maybe even more! the high stakes feel is there, the art is amazing already like the art more the HS it's awesome

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heartcatch Precure! Episode 49 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Gar_Logan - Jan 30, 2011

50 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 19, 10:30 PM

Poll: » Heartcatch Precure! Episode 48 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Jan 24, 2011

23 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 19, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Heartcatch Precure! Episode 47 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Jan 17, 2011

16 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 19, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Heartcatch Precure! Episode 46 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Jan 10, 2011

16 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 19, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Heartcatch Precure! Episode 45 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Dec 29, 2010

16 by gannoncannon55 »»
Feb 19, 12:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.