Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 8, 2010 11:15 PM

Sep 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Webcam raw ...
Internal organs have been several consumed ...
Look like Ace is really dead.
Feb 8, 2010 11:20 PM
Nov 2007
WTFFFF

I hope Luffy goes berserk
Feb 8, 2010 11:32 PM

Sep 2007
You saw his face at the end ?
I think something is broken inside of him.
Feb 8, 2010 11:48 PM

Jan 2010
FUCK I SAY IT, WHY ODA WHY THE FUCK DID U KILL ACE, I WANT LUFFY TO GO 1000000000000+ POWER UP KICK SHIT OUT OF EVERY MARINES IN THE ISLAND, IF NOT I AM GONNE QUIT.FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK WHY WHY WHY . I AM REALLY IN MY CLASS ROOM WHILE I READ IT I WAS CRYING, I AM STILL CRYING.
Feb 9, 2010 12:12 AM
Jul 2018
what a shocker! Can't believe this happening in a manga where no major character has died yet. Not only did luffy failed but an important person died right in his arms, i hope this doesn't change his character

I also cried :'(
Feb 9, 2010 1:45 AM

Mar 2008
I just saw the cam raw,

What a sad and emotional chapter :(
Luffy will probably snap now.
Feb 9, 2010 1:45 AM
Nov 2007
ShiroiRyu said:

It's called his heart lol :P
Feb 9, 2010 2:17 AM

Jan 2010
radiantfire said:
ShiroiRyu said:

haha loll ;).

But anyway i really sad, i hope Luffy and WB goes bersek.
Feb 9, 2010 4:49 AM

Dec 2007
Asce said:
radiantfire said:
ShiroiRyu said:

haha loll ;).

not only WB. i think Grap might go berserk too.
Feb 9, 2010 5:09 AM
Jul 2018
asterixk said:
Asce said:
radiantfire said:
ShiroiRyu said:

haha loll ;).

Going berserk is fine with me but i seriously hope that Luffy doesn't end up a sulking guy like Naruto has been lately. I mean this is quite an unthinkable loss for him, it might shaken him up inside out
Feb 9, 2010 5:15 AM

Jun 2008
OMFG. this chapter, i can't even begin to express... i'm so sad, and over a fictional character's death, that's pretty amazing. what a heart-wrenching chapter, gawd-dammit Oda-sensei...
Feb 9, 2010 5:28 AM
Jul 2018
hJ said:
asterixk said:
Asce said:
radiantfire said:
ShiroiRyu said:

haha loll ;).

Going berserk is fine with me but i seriously hope that Luffy doesn't end up a sulking guy like Naruto has been lately. I mean this is quite an unthinkable loss for him, it might shaken him up inside out

First of all: ACEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ;_;!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok
Maybe we will have a Different Luffy for... like 3 chapters or 2, them his nakamas will come and Make it back.

this is an Kinda interesting Sacrifice , lets see how Things turn out. (sry my english)
Feb 9, 2010 9:04 AM

May 2009
I push my fingers into my eyes ...
its the only thing that slowly stops the ache!

Srsly, damn what an emotional chapter and so full of tragedy.
But i gotta admit i relly love Akainu he. I mean that guy kills with words oO
Feb 9, 2010 10:40 AM

Jul 2006
I remember going through the raw and translations last night,, and man, so unexpected. And the fact that pics were out on Monday!!! just shows how big this one really is. Usually we have to wait til like Tuesday night/Wednesday morning for this stuff.

There was a news story a while back that stated Oda will never kill someone, there will be no romance, etc..... well if Ace really does die(and you never know, he could always barely survive....but that would be lame), then all bets are off.

When I think about this, I look back at DBZ(one of Oda's biggest inspirations). Back when Goku was fighting Frieza and watched Vegeta and Krillin die. After that, his hidden power finally surfaced. I think Oda will practically emulate that, and make Luffy finally awaken. With that, I expect to see Akainu also die after this. I doubt the Whitebeard pirates want to run away now.

A friend of mine pointed out how the good guys lost in 2 straight sagas now. (Pre-New World saga, and now the save Ace one). This series is so unpredictable, and you'd think the good guys would win every time.

Feb 9, 2010 10:51 AM

May 2008
fuck you oda >_> You didn't have to kill him didn't you >.< I feel so sad right now..I just can't believe it..
Feb 9, 2010 10:54 AM

Apr 2007

WHYYYY FUCKING ODAAAAAAAAAAAA

Feb 9, 2010 11:40 AM

May 2009
Luffy's face is really scary in the last page!! it has the place in my one of the favorite pictures now!!(donno what to call it other than picture):P
Feb 9, 2010 12:12 PM

May 2009
People die, Oda-sensei couldn't have run away from death forever. Expect to see more in the new world...
Fire-fist was never crucial to the main story, I don't get why most people are so devastated. In fact he was an obstacle to Luffy becoming pirate king, i didn't want him to die, but his death will definitely not be in vain!
--
Similarly, it was also his hot tempered-ness that sent him chasing after The Blackbeard, resulting in his capture. And now again, all because of some nonsensical words from one fallaciously righteous bigot of an arse! The Whitebeard's legacy is unquestionable!
Feb 9, 2010 12:20 PM
Feb 2010
"Good-night, sweet prince.
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest."
Feb 9, 2010 2:06 PM

Aug 2009
No fucking way, no!!!!! I'm crying, like seriously, this is messed up. Of course Ace, how ironic.. SHIT man..!!!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!

Feb 9, 2010 2:36 PM

Jun 2008
So he really did die O-O ... and Whitebeard is next - they definitly lost this battle. Admirals are overpowered, especially Akainu.
Feb 9, 2010 10:17 PM
Aug 2008
ACEEEEEE ;_;

i hope ace is like healed or comes back to life. but now, when ppl say oda never killed someone, didnt bonbon die?

man i kinda hope, luffy goes crazy and destroys everything. even his nakama cant save him and when he eventually calms down, he will mourn ace for the LONGEST time and say im gonna become pirate king because i have to __________ for ace!

FAN OF ACE X LUFFY
Feb 10, 2010 4:52 AM

Aug 2009
The folks at onemanga forums and ArlongPark forum have some interesting theories...

My heart is broken, but that "GOL D ACE"-theory is damn interesting and gives hope! Nothing could make me happier if he returns. Yet I also, with a heavy heart, accept it if he truly has died and is never to return again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!

Feb 10, 2010 5:45 AM

Apr 2008

ODA!!!!! YOU SORRY PIECE OF SHIT!!!! HOW DARE YOU KILL OFF MY FAVORITE CHARACTER!!!!! I'M GETTING TICKETS FOR JAPAN RIGHT NOW AND COMING TO KICK YOUR SORRY ASS!!!! WHAT THE HELL DID ACE EVER DO TO YOU!!!! HE DIDN'T DESERVE IT MAN!!!! HE WAS ONE OF THE GREATEST IF NOT THE GREATEST PIRATE OF ONE PIECE AND YOU JUST FUCKING KILLED HIM!!!! RLFKJOAEWRJKLEJFIOEJFO

I apologize for my rant but this has just ruined my day, no, my entire week! After hearing that Oda wasn't really planing to have any deaths, I was all like "oh, well that means Ace is off the hook now!" I was so happy. But What the Hell! I understand this is going to cause drastic changes in Luffy's character, or at least for awhile, but damn dude. I can't stop crying!!!

Excuse me while I go into the corner and cry myself to sleep.

T~T R.I.P. Fire Fist Ace. You were the most amazing character of One Piece.

Feb 10, 2010 6:01 AM

Apr 2007
Dammit he didn't even have enough screen time!

Feb 10, 2010 9:29 AM

Aug 2008
R.I.P Portagas D. Ace.

You will be remembered as one of the most memorable shonen characters I had ever saw and you will be missed.

*sniff*AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... *continues crying*
Feb 10, 2010 9:47 AM

Apr 2009
HOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT

What the fuck was that o_O

luffy's face at the end O_______________o
Feb 10, 2010 9:57 AM

Sep 2008
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Feb 10, 2010 10:01 AM
Feb 2009
I got tears in my eyes reading this chapter. ;______;
Feb 10, 2010 10:01 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
ah_18 said:
No fucking way, no!!!!! I'm crying, like seriously, this is messed up. Of course Ace, how ironic.. SHIT man..!!!!!!!

Can't express myself better >.<
Feb 10, 2010 10:08 AM

May 2009
HOLY SHIT!
Feb 10, 2010 10:11 AM

Jul 2008
wow, ace is dead.... so now what? all those pirates came to help save him, and now hes gone, so sad
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Feb 10, 2010 10:18 AM

Oct 2007
Sweet leaping jesus! one of the major characters is gone! My whole life is a lie!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines
Feb 10, 2010 10:18 AM

Jul 2008
That was great, Oda proves he has the balls to stir some shit up, unlike a certain Kishimoto who by all accounts is nothing but a hack...

Oda always manages to surprise, he always knows exactly where the story is going.
We've had a 60 chapter build-up for this, this is what a climatic battle should be like!

All of you emos crying fills me with joy.
Grow up...
AfterGlowFeb 10, 2010 10:27 AM
Feb 10, 2010 10:20 AM
Nov 2009
Kaizokuou said:
OMFG. this chapter, i can't even begin to express... i'm so sad, and over a fictional character's death, that's pretty amazing. what a heart-wrenching chapter, gawd-dammit Oda-sensei...

Exactly, exactly, exactly! T.T (this is the first time I've ever had to use this emoticon) T.T I'm so sad!!! Ace, you were a terrific character!
Feb 10, 2010 10:20 AM

Mar 2009
I don't think raging helps in any way <.< I mean, what would a manga like one piece be without any deaths? it'd be lame

I liked ace too, and I'm kinda displeased by that too, but I like it more this way. everyone surviving would have been too lame imo

luffy's face was creepy. really creepy
Feb 10, 2010 10:25 AM

Jul 2009
No Ace!!..
I think Ace will die..

Dont be like Arabasta Arc (IMO when Pell alive again, the Heroic moment of Pell became FAIL)..

Luffy berserk..
After this arc, luffy became a compeletely different person n became stronger..
>> He can't save a single nakama (Strawhat Pirate)..
>> He also be protected by Mr.2 on Impel Down Arc.. n can't save him..
>> He can't save Ace..
Feb 10, 2010 10:42 AM

Feb 2009
Oh Shit!
Ace is gone.
Luffy has failed again to save the people he cares about and he is gonna go postal on the marines.
One Piece is so epic

Feb 10, 2010 10:46 AM

Oct 2007
I think hes definetly dead, even the spoilerish chapter title said so T.T
Man Luffy's face at the end was hard to take, he couldnt even scream, I think that was well played by Oda.

gastricjuice said:

Fire-fist was never crucial to the main story, I don't get why most people are so devastated. In fact he was an obstacle to Luffy becoming pirate king, i didn't want him to die, but his death will definitely not be in vain!

Im now hoping for Whitebeard to kill as many marines as possible before he too gets taken out. Also Yeah this will really paint the way for Luffy to be the pirate king, Ace would of been unstoppable he wasnt stopped now
Feb 10, 2010 10:47 AM
Oct 2009
Wow... just wow. Have I really read a chapter of One Piece?

Loneluff said:

After this arc, luffy became a compeletely different person n became stronger..
>> He can't save a single nakama (Strawhat Pirate)..
>> He also be protected by Mr.2 on Impel Down Arc.. n can't save him..
>> He can't save Ace..

Yeah, I really wish a timeskip, it would make perfect sense now. I don't think the "completely different person" part is true, but he'll be pretty fucked up after this arc.
Feb 10, 2010 10:50 AM

Aug 2008
AfterGlow said:
That was great, Oda proves he has the balls to stir some shit up, unlike a certain Kishimoto who by all accounts is nothing but a hack...

Oda always manages to surprise, he always knows exactly where the story is going.
We've had a 60 chapter build-up for this, this is what a climatic battle should be like!

All of you emos crying fills me with joy.
Grow up...

Soooo, crying makes you an emo. makes perfect sense.
chill out dude, most of the people were just joking ;)
But you've gotta give it to Oda that Ace's death was really heart breaking.
Completely agree with you about kishimoto(what's the point of killing off the entire village if you're just gonna bring them back the next chapter?).
Feb 10, 2010 10:51 AM
Jul 2009
i can't stop my tears falling... but this more better than being killed in the execution platform..

I won't forget the name ace!
Feb 10, 2010 10:53 AM
Nov 2007
Damn i'd want to give this chapter a 5 and a 1 at the same time.... But yeah guess Luffy will actually go crazy with anger now untill he falls down almost dead or something?
Feb 10, 2010 11:03 AM

Dec 2007
Damm, dammm... I won't accept his death! I belive that in some magical way (maybe Ivankov will halp?) he will come back to life.... otherwise, well... I don't know maybe I'll star crying ;<

I tought that shirohige will be the one who die ;<
Feb 10, 2010 11:04 AM

May 2008
*crying as well*

I can't believe some major character actually died in One Piece. And i was so surprised and impressed with Oda's way of drawing Luffy's distressed face. I wonder how he'll react. His brother died in his arms, protecting him.

This is some pretty serious shit.
Feb 10, 2010 11:09 AM

Mar 2009
AKAINU MUST DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Feb 10, 2010 11:11 AM

Feb 2009
...not expected... speechless...
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

Feb 10, 2010 11:16 AM

Sep 2009
I don't think One Piece will contain any comedy after this tragic chapter!
Thank you Oda-sensei for this epic story of sacrifice and friendship. Ace will be remembered as one of the greatest shounen characters ever made, I can't believe that he is a fictional character :'''(
No more words, tears only...

R.I.P. Gol D. Ace
Feb 10, 2010 11:16 AM

Jul 2009
I feel so trolled.

Why Ace? WHYYYYYY

WRYYYYYYYY
Feb 10, 2010 11:18 AM
Jul 2018
WWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT? NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm so depressed now. Like I cried when I saw the raws then I cried again when I read it in english. How could they do this?! Like they totally raise my hopes up theyre gonna save him and then just crush it like 2 chapters later! What the hell?!

I'm so sad now. wow. He was my favorite character. :(
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Yesterday

9 by ramshireesh_1 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Dec 17, 2023

87 by Slimdudejim »»
Apr 21, 10:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 769 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Maerow - Nov 26, 2014

67 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 21, 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.