Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 22, 2011 10:49 AM

Jul 2009
Imagine bringing in someone who doesn't know what this anime is about, and them showing that person the exchange of blows, and then asking what weapon he/she thinks they're using... I'm doubtful that many would guess claymores
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Sep 26, 2011 3:25 PM

Jul 2010
number 4 sounded like naruto half the time, like when she would yell a bit of naruto came out, lol
this was such an awesome episode. is it me or am i just happier if i knew this was the main story?
but damn that pricalla in using cheats or is in GOd mode, she's already this powerful and she's not even "strong" yet. she would have been an interesting character, but i'm prbably gonna hate her now if she kills teresa.

Jan 22, 2012 2:07 AM

Oct 2010
I liked the part where Irene explained how Teresa got her name.
May 4, 2012 1:42 AM

Sep 2011
Dayuuum, Teresa is so dam powerful. She makes Clare look so bad... (present time Clare)

Looking forward to the next episode, unfortunately I have to sleep. :(
Jul 23, 2012 4:50 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Teresa showed the naive teen who's boss. Great stuff.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 25, 2012 8:22 PM

Nov 2011
God dammit, now Teresa probably is gonna go Yoma mode and then beat all of them but turn into a Yoma herself or something.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 4, 2012 9:34 AM

Jan 2012
Hate that number 2 from the first second. Ugly and annoying. Still the fight is good.

Oct 11, 2012 12:17 PM

Dec 2010
Some really high level of fencing here, I must admit it. But the final scene just fired me all up for the next episode :D AWESOME!
Nov 1, 2012 10:56 PM

Jul 2012
Awesome Teresa is just to strong.....
Apr 7, 2013 5:43 AM

May 2012
Damn nice, great fights and an epic cliffhanger! Lets see what will happen next!
Jun 11, 2013 4:38 AM

Dec 2012
ownosourus said:
Hate that number 2 from the first second. Ugly and annoying. Still the fight is good.

Me too. I HATE HER! And I am sure she is going to give more reasons to do so.
I didn't like the other Claymores as well expect maybe for Irene. The others seem so jealous.
Dec 1, 2013 9:31 AM

Aug 2013
Another awesome ep. I hope Teresa finds a way to win...
My Candies:
Jan 7, 2014 7:49 PM

Jun 2010
Kind of a boring episode full of characters boasting and posturing (i.e. shonen cliches).

I know these four Claymores are supposed to be the best there are, but seeing them massacre Yoma like they're mere vermin really takes the threat out of the series' antagonists. Whenever this extended flashback ends we'll return to Clare who is obviously much less skilled than these women but seeing the fearsome monsters treated like garbage is just not a good thing for dramatic tension.

Priscilla's logic about the need to execute any Claymore who kills a human seems sound, but even though we know very little about the Organization at this point (they could turn out to be sinister), Teresa's retort falls very flat. How is this policy convenient for the Organization? In this episode it is requiring them to kill their best soldier, possibly at the cost of some of their next-best soldiers. This rule rather seems like a burden the Organization carries for the purpose of being trustworthy, as Priscilla said.

No one could care about the lives of bandits and the killings took place in a isolated location with the only surviving witness being Clare. Would it really have been so hard to cover it up? If the Organization is choosing to follow its own rules rather than take an easily workable cheat for the sake of keeping their best fighter working for them, it is demonstrating that it is highly principled.

The paradox of Teresa's kindness toward Clare causing her to be hunted down for good reasons is great drama. Teresa's shallow sense of superiority isn't.
Jan 10, 2014 3:26 AM
May 2013
You know what would be funny ? Priscilla to lose control and to turn into a Yoma and then 3,4,5 to team up with Teressa to kill her.
Jan 30, 2014 2:43 AM

Jan 2013
This was the best episode so far with those fights. AWESOME
'"Hearts, you say? You Humans are always so quick to speak of such things. As though you carry your hearts in the very palms of your hands. But this eye of mine perceives all. There is nothing that it overlooks. If this eye cannot see a thing, then it does not exist. That is the assumption under which I have always fought. What is this "heart"? If I tear open that chest of yours, will I see it there? If I smash open that skull of yours, will I see it there?4th Espada

Apr 16, 2014 9:37 PM
Nov 2013
GRR this organization pisses me off.

Let me get this straight. The organization's purpose is to protect humans, but it has become clear they don't care about humans and only care about killing Yoma or Yomas (not sure what the plural is).

Teresa was given an assignment to kill a yoma in a town, which caused the bandits to raid the town freely, it was technically the organizations fault all those people died.

So Teresa killed those bandits that raped and marauded through the town, the exact opposite of what the organization would do, and killing them is the same as killing any human? That hypocrisy is retarded! And that Priscilla chick was all like "You've dishonored us, now people are more afraid of us than ever!"

Are you serious?! Anyone who would have saw that would have thought Teresa was a hero. What you think if a Claymore just stood by and watched all those people getting murdered and raped, any other human would be like "Well thank goodness she's not hurting me! Hurr durr!"
May 3, 2014 11:53 AM

Sep 2011
oh god, i was having a heart attack O.O
Jul 17, 2014 11:33 PM

Apr 2014
Really dislike that number two chick, she's too simpleminded and naive. Teresa is amazing though
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2015 7:57 PM

Mar 2014
Teresa is my favourite character but idk how she's gonna survive this
Apr 22, 2015 4:53 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Pls Tell me Teresa will survive this ;x

Feb 9, 2016 3:31 PM

Feb 2015
Aw crap, I'm starting to fear for Teresa's life... I dont want her to die so soon.
Sep 27, 2016 4:10 AM

Jul 2008
Oh Priscilla....what a bitch.
Sep 30, 2016 12:57 PM

Jan 2013
Priscilla already broke down the moment she realized Teresa had the upper hand.
She'll probably be the strongest after training but that was rather quick to think you lost the upper hand.
One hell of a fight though, ... and this was even before their Yoma powers were used.

Teresa is obviously not going to survive the fight but I don't see the 4 of them just easily beating her, despite being Yoma.
Jan 29, 2018 9:21 AM

Feb 2013
Damn, I hate Priscilla's type of character who is blindly following her orders without thinking for herself.
Nov 20, 2018 4:54 PM

Nov 2016
Teresa is still kicking ass, dayum, but Priscilla is nice too. Hope that the may find a way to settle this peacefully.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 17, 2019 9:47 AM
Nov 2018
The other Claymores are cool and all and the fight scenes were fun...

But this series is starting to get really boring and repetitive. There's very little variety in the Claymores. They all have the same swords basically and same abilities...I know one is a little faster, one is a little more agile...but they all fight exactly the same. I wish there was greater variety in weapons and fighting styles.

And along those lines..the Yoma are really boring and fight exactly the same. They have like no powers outside of being strong and fast and that one had finger spears...plus this last episode showed them being simple fodder.

I want to like this show and there are moments that are good...but 7 episodes in and I don't know anything about the world, I don't remember a single town's name...there's been no real hinting or development of a larger plot or purpose or meaning.
Feb 6, 2019 10:24 AM
Feb 2017
supermegasonic said:
number 4 sounded like naruto half the time, like when she would yell a bit of naruto came out, lol
this was such an awesome episode. is it me or am i just happier if i knew this was the main story?
but damn that pricalla in using cheats or is in GOd mode, she's already this powerful and she's not even "strong" yet. she would have been an interesting character, but i'm prbably gonna hate her now if she kills teresa.

It's because she is voiced by Junko Takeuchi who also voices Naruto. Same as Teresa who is voiced by Park Romi who also voices Temari in Naruto....
May 13, 2019 2:59 AM
Nov 2016
Pretty good episode, I love the piano soundtrack from the beginning of this episode (the beginning of episode 6 had it as well), too bad that piano soundtrack is not in the OST.

That soundtrack is a variation of "Hateshinaki Tabiji" from the OST which is one of the best soundtracks of this anime along with "Kokoro no Kizuato" which I consider to be the best one.

I hate how good memorable soundtracks like these ones are not in the OST. Naruto also had pretty good memorable soundtracks not found in any of the OST like Haku's theme.
Jun 25, 2020 6:09 PM
Oct 2019
Thought the first two episodes were boring and kind of bad.

Then at the holy city/cathedral things picked up.

But now this Clare backstory with Teresa is pretty good.

I'm guessing the Claymores kill Teresa, Clare tries to kill them, and then the Claymores take her in and train her to become a Claymore, too. Curious how one physically turns into a Claymore.urw
Aug 12, 2021 12:03 AM

Jan 2020
So it turned out that Teresa's secret behind her power was her extraordinary sensing ability of Yoma...which explains why she can take on those claymores alone...
Sep 18, 2022 4:06 AM

Nov 2020
Noel, Sophia, Ilena and Priscilla look amazing in anime, they are epic!

Manga spoilers
Sorry for my english xD!

RIP Kentaro Miura :(
RIP Akira Toriyama :(

Oct 3, 2022 9:56 AM

Dec 2016
Fronzel said:
Priscilla's logic about the need to execute any Claymore who kills a human seems sound, but even though we know very little about the Organization at this point (they could turn out to be sinister), Teresa's retort falls very flat. How is this policy convenient for the Organization? In this episode it is requiring them to kill their best soldier, possibly at the cost of some of their next-best soldiers. This rule rather seems like a burden the Organization carries for the purpose of being trustworthy, as Priscilla said.

No one could care about the lives of bandits and the killings took place in a isolated location with the only surviving witness being Clare. Would it really have been so hard to cover it up? If the Organization is choosing to follow its own rules rather than take an easily workable cheat for the sake of keeping their best fighter working for them, it is demonstrating that it is highly principled.

The paradox of Teresa's kindness toward Clare causing her to be hunted down for good reasons is great drama. Teresa's shallow sense of superiority isn't.

It's not like Teresa is wrong either though, which was her point in calling Priscilla brainwashed. Real life isn't always so black and white. The right thing to do isn't always the most lawful. In following the rules, the Organization caused a whole village to suffer at the hands of bandits, which another commenter (Zombiespire) pointed out. So I'm not sure what's shallow about feeling morally superior in a situation where four of your sisters-in-arms show up with intent to kill you while acting like you're the devil's spawn for killing bandits that just pillaged an entire village and saving the women (including Clare, a young girl) from a life of sexual slavery.

Frankly, I think it's unfair and dishonest to pretend like Teresa is acting arrogant for no reason. If anything, Priscilla's logic is the one that's shaky and she's actually the one that has a shallow sense of superiority. Priscilla says the rules help people feel safe and ensure that they are safe, and that in breaking them, Teresa has made them all afraid of Claymores. Again, the other commenter pointed out how silly that is. She killed murderers and rapists. If anything, she's made people more safe. No person would look at what she did as wrong, especially back in medieval times when lawful justice was harder to enact. It's reasonable to assume that if Teresa had let them live, they'd go on to do the same thing to any other village that the Claymores cleared of Yoma. Heck, when Teresa first met the bandits in the forest, she followed the rules and let them live and they went on to attack the village. The point is that Teresa did more good breaking the Organizations rules than she ever did following them and that's why it's funny to her that a newbie comes in lecturing her about "destroying trust", calling her a "villain", and saying that she's "killed so many humans" while ignoring all her work as a Claymore killing Yoma and how those humans she killed were in the middle of plundering a village, slaughtering the men and kidnapping the women. With all that in mind, how does the Claymores calling Teresa a "villain, criminal, murderer and traitor", not make them the ones with the "sense of superiority"?

And what does it matter that the Organization is "principled", when their same rules end up dooming those they claim they want to protect? Teresa is their best fighter, a fact that every Claymore and even the higher-ups have acknowledged. Personally I can't see what the "good reasons" are to send some of your strongest members on a suicide mission to kill your best defense against the Yoma, just because she killed bandits that even you admitted no one cares about, all to remain "principled".
Jan 10, 2023 7:37 AM
Jul 2020
Noel looking hot.

And Teresa proving SHE is #1 
GarudoHSJan 11, 2023 12:10 AM
Apr 7, 2023 3:53 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ah yeah having the other Claymore sent to kill Teresa after what she did was to expect... but I'm fearing the worst now
Apr 21, 2023 7:01 AM
Jan 2021
Teresa vs the world
Jul 29, 2023 7:41 PM
Oct 2015
Fronzel said:
Kind of a boring episode full of characters boasting and posturing (i.e. shonen cliches).

I know these four Claymores are supposed to be the best there are, but seeing them massacre Yoma like they're mere vermin really takes the threat out of the series' antagonists. Whenever this extended flashback ends we'll return to Clare who is obviously much less skilled than these women but seeing the fearsome monsters treated like garbage is just not a good thing for dramatic tension.

I know this is decades ago, and not gonna be read or replied to, but for newer readers.

its obvious that the yoma arent going to be the main threat in the future and this is setting the tone for power escalation, 

also this is the preview of the strongest of the strongest no shit they will take out yoma by the thousands (dont you rememver episode 5? Where terressa cut down yoma like weeds)

flash backs or battles involving seniors are good to set the tone. For example.
in starwars its like comparing qui gon vs darth maul or anakin vs obi won to the originals where everyone sucked at light saber battles.

and as much as i hate mha and jjk, the all might vs the nomus at the very start helped set the power scaling for the top of the top, same with the blindfold dude with the infinite space thing.
Jul 29, 2023 7:47 PM
Oct 2015

Neostorm-X said:
Fronzel said:

I know this is decades ago, and not gonna be read or replied to, but for newer readers.

its obvious that the yoma arent going to be the main threat in the future and this is setting the tone for power escalation, 

also this is the preview of the strongest of the strongest no shit they will take out yoma by the thousands (dont you rememver episode 5? Where terressa cut down yoma like weeds)

flash backs or battles involving seniors are good to set the tone. For example.
in starwars its like comparing qui gon vs darth maul or anakin vs obi won to the originals where everyone sucked at light saber battles.

and as much as i hate mha and jjk, the all might vs the nomus at the very start helped set the power scaling for the top of the top, same with the blindfold dude with the infinite space thing.
Also this logic is really retarded because not being allowed to kill humans under any circumstances is easy to get around but can also be extremely annoying to the organizations ability to stop yomas in the future assuming no spoilers and the organization actually wants the good of humanity, in this case if word gets out that claymores cant do shit. Youre gonna have these claymores deal with rape over and over and thus be unable to complete their missions in time thus more humans die,

also bandits cause way more harm than yoma and kill more as well, so by this logic if the organization had principles to protect humans then they would actually make the claymores to police paratroopers like the rcmp or the nkvd to roam across the barren country side to arrest and stop bandits AND yoma
Aug 4, 2023 3:45 PM

Jul 2016
"How dare you killing a bunch of murderers and rapists in an isolated town in the mountains! Now people will be more afraid of us, Claymores!" - The episode
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Claymore Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kayrhandros - Sep 26, 2007

414 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Sep 12, 2007

91 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - Aug 21, 2007

79 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Baman - Aug 8, 2007

92 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 21, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - Jul 31, 2007

85 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 21, 12:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.