MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya Movie Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu »» The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya Movie Discussion

Pages (44) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: The Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

1274 89.47%
4 out of 5: Liked it

103 7.23%
3 out of 5: It was OK

32 2.25%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

6 0.42%
1 out of 5: Hated it

9 0.63%
Voters: 1424

04-10-10, 7:31 PM

It is technically #2 right now.

Damn, I was hoping to wait for a proper DVD release but all this feedback has tempted me enough to watch the camrip.

04-10-10, 7:48 PM

Essentially, if you like time travel, this is a show for you.
I am somebody who feels satisfied connecting the dots without having the show point things out for you. The whole use of the 3 years ago setting was executed well compared to the 15,000 times golden week was used. BTW, i think i remember Kyon making a comment about the extra pair of shoes when he returns to the future or something.
I was expecting something more interesting to happen when Kyon woke up and was reunited with the real world, but nope nothing happened. QQ
At first i thought it was mikuru that turned back time from that guilty look, but obviously i was wrong =(

04-10-10, 8:49 PM

Posted this in another thread so I'll just copypasta.

I also saw it due to some help from Mazui. I've read all of the books, and this is one of the best book-to-movie adaptions I've ever seen. I thought it was excellent. I also gave it a 10/10. Can't wait till BD rips.

This almost makes up for E8....almost.

04-10-10, 9:58 PM

that was awesomeeeeeeeeeee

Awesome Sig by Lailide

04-10-10, 11:21 PM

Haylias said:

It is technically #2 right now.

Damn, I was hoping to wait for a proper DVD release but all this feedback has tempted me enough to watch the camrip.

Doooo it!

Really makes up for the endless 8.
Modified by sexiji, 04-10-10, 11:25 PM

04-10-10, 11:28 PM

fri said:
Meddigo: You're right, but all those events build up the plot, without which the movie wouldn't be interesting to watch at all.

But those things didn't really do anything to advance the actual plot. The only thing that advanced the plot was when Kyon's friend knew where Haruhi was. Had Kyon asked that friend about Haruhi the first time he saw him after the world was changed, then we could have skipped at least 90 minutes of this movie.

That's my real problem really, was the plot. It was stagnant until Kyon met up with Haruhi again, and that's what, 2 hours into the movie?

04-10-10, 11:55 PM

Well I think that before Kyon met Haruhi movie was also interesting. As he tried to find out what happens or when he found a message from Alien Nagato... And if at the beginning Kyon ask Taniguchi where is Haruhi it would not be this much Nagato x Kyon^^
Without all this movie could be much weaker.

I love ending theme...
Modified by Saygram, 04-11-10, 12:03 AM

04-11-10, 1:06 AM

That was amazing on so many levels. Instead of making a long winded paragraph, let's just make a checklist of things they nailed.

Godly Animation? Check.
Gorgeous scenery? Check.
Amazing music? Check.
A story that keeps you thinking? Check.
Emotional maelstrom? Check.
Perfect adaptation? Check.
Edge of your seat? Check.
KYON GETTING HIS ASS STABBED? Check.
Moe Nagato? Check.
Long haired Haruhi? Check.
Correct shipping? Oh, so checked.

04-11-10, 2:09 AM

Cool so it hit the 1# while I was sleeping

04-11-10, 6:14 AM

10/10
Totally recovered from the despair of Endless Eight

100% thumbs up on long hair haruhi and moe yuki XD

Haruhi is kinda annoying before especially in the Endless Eight, but what she has shown in this movie was rather very respectable. Plus point for Haruhi.

So the "restoration" that Kyon's saying in the end of movie is where he save himself from Asakura, right?

Oh yeah, I don't know about the novel and I don't want to be spoiled so how far did the anime cover? If I'm not wrong the anime already covered 2 volumes?
Modified by Sylpheed, 04-11-10, 6:29 AM

04-11-10, 6:46 AM

Sylpheed said:
10/10
So the "restoration" that Kyon's saying in the end of movie is where he save himself from Asakura, right?

Oh yeah, I don't know about the novel and I don't want to be spoiled so how far did the anime cover? If I'm not wrong the anime already covered 2 volumes?

Yes, he has to save himself from Asakura. He's going to wait a while though.

It covered the whole novel. If we're talking about the mangas, then I don't know. It would be longer than 2 volumes though.

04-11-10, 7:06 AM

Thornlock said:
Cool so it hit the 1# while I was sleeping

Endless eigh was just a foil for this. ;)
Everyone is overjoiced now and is giving it awesome scores. There is also the fact that everyone who watched this was willing to survive through the camrip. I can see the score going down when the DVD release comes out and the non-fans are able to watch a better version.

04-11-10, 7:08 AM

I'm going to bump my score down to 9 all because I can't believe (in retrospect) how big an asshole Kyon was to give Yuki back the club entry form before he left.

Dick move, man, dick move.

04-11-10, 7:21 AM

I think I can forgive them for endless eight now. Hurray.

Best movie ever.

Simply epic.

10/10 hands down.

04-11-10, 7:58 AM

Vinhthehero said:
Sylpheed said:
10/10

Yes, he has to save himself from Asakura. He's going to wait a while though.

It covered the whole novel. If we're talking about the mangas, then I don't know. It would be longer than 2 volumes though.

Huh? Movie is just vol 4 And the whole LN has 10 volumes.

04-11-10, 8:00 AM

Saygram said:

I guess that was misleading. I meant that it covered the whole 4th light novel.

04-11-10, 8:10 AM

Haylias said:
I'm going to bump my score down to 9 all because I can't believe (in retrospect) how big an asshole Kyon was to give Yuki back the club entry form before he left.

I agree that it was unneccessary move, but he said after that he already belonged here in the club room, and his first priority was the SOS Brigade. If you want you can think of him getting stabbed as justice for this. Plus (in retrospect) it was her fault he was put through the whole ordeal in the first place.

04-11-10, 8:53 AM

But in the end Kyon regained some points. So it's OK.

04-11-10, 9:05 AM

helur said:
Haylias said:

I agree that it was unneccessary move, but he said after that he already belonged here in the club room, and his first priority was the SOS Brigade. If you want you can think of him getting stabbed as justice for this. Plus (in retrospect) it was her fault he was put through the whole ordeal in the first place.

Agreed it was somewhat like Kyon aimed for more rather than choosing the atered world (to escape from his own troubesome world).

I felt Yuki but Kyon's follow-up pulled her tears back.

Vinhthehero said:
Saygram said:

So yeah the movie covered the whole volume, that's as far as I know. My question was, including The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, the Endless Eight, and this movie, how many volumes did that cover?

04-11-10, 9:10 AM

Sylpheed said:
helur said:
Haylias said:

Agreed it was somewhat like Kyon aimed for more rather than choosing the atered world (to escape from his own troubesome world).

I felt Yuki but Kyon's follow-up pulled her tears back.

Vinhthehero said:
Saygram said:

So yeah the movie covered the whole volume, that's as far as I know. My question was, including The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, the Endless Eight, and this movie, how many volumes did that cover?

All of volumes 1-4, Endless Eight was a chapter in volume 5 and so was The Day of Sagittarius. We have yet to see Snow Mountain Syndrome animated because it takes place after the film. Live A Live and Episode 00 were chapters in Volume 6. You can see the timeline here.

Pages (44) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices