Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 3, 2010 5:18 PM

May 2009
Here you can recommend a anime that you think is emotional.
No spoilers!
just state what impact it had you on!
but you can state that it has a tragic moment in it, but keep it like that.

i created a club that is building up a emotional "feels" anime collections
so if anyone wants to join it and get emotional together please come and join us <3
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=18987
Click for link^
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 3, 2010 5:21 PM

May 2009
i recommend major s1, it has a good sad depressing moment.
so if anyone wants to join it and get emotional together please come and join us <3
Click for link^
Feb 3, 2010 6:02 PM

Jan 2010
I for ones recommend 3 animes for now,those for me were masterpiece that were filled with Emotion,and it made me cry openly at its hard times and even Great moments:

1.Air
2.Chrno Crusade
3.Clannad ~After Story
Feb 4, 2010 1:52 PM

May 2009
snapshot2010 said:
I for ones recommend 3 animes for now,those for me were masterpiece that were filled with Emotion,and it made me cry openly at its hard times and even Great moments:

1.Air
2.Chrno Crusade
3.Clannad ~After Story

Air,Kanon,Clannad are from the same producer and all them are very emotional tragic animes.

Chrno crusade- all i can say, is i was thinking about dropping it, and i forced myslef to watch it because i was halfway though it, the second half of the anime is emotional, really emotional, the end has one of the best scenes i ever seen (sad) but nice at the same time.

I just like to say that it is not wise to watch them one after the other, because you may feel really really depressed lol.
Click for link^
Feb 9, 2010 11:30 AM

Dec 2009
Nana.
Its not especially sad, its just really..affecting and stuff. Stays with you for a long time.

Feb 9, 2010 1:14 PM

Aug 2009
AnimeFreakXD said:
Nana.
Its not especially sad, its just really..affecting and stuff. Stays with you for a long time.

No wonder since it's as realistic as an anime can be. I luv that aspect of NANA so much.
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Feb 9, 2010 1:14 PM

Aug 2009
AnimeFreakXD said:
Nana.

No wonder since it's as realistic as an anime can be. I luv that aspect of NANA so much.

Feb 9, 2010 5:40 PM

May 2009
yeah Nana was good.

btw how emotional is Ghost Hound, would u guys say it has its a rollercoster?
Click for link^
Feb 10, 2010 11:59 PM
Feb 2010
Fullmetal alchemist and Gungrave.

FMA is a very mature series and can make you go through every emotion in one episode(which it does..multiple times). Absolutely great series.

Gungrave deals with a lot of betrayal and instills a great sense of family and friendship. Overall the feel of the entire show is dark and depressing. If your going to watch it, just know that the first episode actually takes place around 3/4 of the way through the series.
Also first half of the series is a lot better in my opinion.
Feb 15, 2010 4:29 AM

May 2009
ishotsteve said:

FMA is a very mature series and can make you go through every emotion in one episode(which it does..multiple times). Absolutely great series.

Gungrave deals with a lot of betrayal and instills a great sense of family and friendship. Overall the feel of the entire show is dark and depressing. If your going to watch it, just know that the first episode actually takes place around 3/4 of the way through the series.

i second fma 2, you can feel many different emotions in one episode.
Click for link^
Feb 16, 2010 5:04 AM

Aug 2009
I second Terra e and gunbuster wholeheartedly.

Feb 16, 2010 11:14 PM

Jan 2010
ange10 said:
snapshot2010 said:

1.Air
2.Chrno Crusade
3.Clannad ~After Story

Air,Kanon,Clannad are from the same producer and all them are very emotional tragic animes.

Chrno crusade- all i can say, is i was thinking about dropping it, and i forced myslef to watch it because i was halfway though it, the second half of the anime is emotional, really emotional, the end has one of the best scenes i ever seen (sad) but nice at the same time.

I just like to say that it is not wise to watch them one after the other, because you may feel really really depressed lol.

You can never hate KyoAni's work of art..
Clannad S1 and S2, Kanon 2006, AIR were all what I would like to call "My Top Legendary Animes"

But I think that Clannad After Story would be the MOST tear-jerking anime ever!
I've never heard of a person that watched it and didn't sniff for a bit..

I recommend
- Elfen Lied
- Ef ~A Tale of Memories~
- Ef ~A Tale of Melodies~
- Ga-rei Zero

These are like the other animes that I found to be really sad :/
Mar 9, 2010 11:09 AM

Dec 2009
I just finished watching Bokura Ga Ita. Man, it was awesome. Soooo much drama.

Mar 9, 2010 11:10 AM

Dec 2009
ishotsteve said:

And FMA is pretty damn great

Mar 10, 2010 4:33 AM
Mar 2009
I'll support the call for the inclusion of NANA and Ga-rei Zero.

Kemono no Souja Erin made me cry (unexpectedly) at the end.

I question the inclusion of "Clannad" (not Clannad After Story, obviously) and Kimi ni Todoke.
Mar 19, 2010 7:11 AM

Jan 2010
adamskinner said:

I question the inclusion of "Clannad" (not Clannad After Story, obviously)

I don't really think there is any question without a doubt regarding the first season of Clannad :)
The most emotional scene that I saw in the first season was Fuko's arc and the end of Nagisa's arc..
Mar 20, 2010 7:23 PM

Jun 2009
Wolf's Rain was pretty emotional....I know it made me cry...
Well one thing I've learned from this experience, is that a princess is still a princesss even when she is naked.

Mar 20, 2010 7:27 PM

Dec 2009
I'd have to say Ga-Rei -Zero-
super emotional
i cried xD
Mar 31, 2010 1:45 PM

Dec 2009
Why hasn't anyone mentioned One Piece yet? It is comparable to the levels of Clannad/Clannad After Story, Kanon, and Air.
Mar 31, 2010 2:46 PM

May 2009
its still an ongoing anime and its fuck off long, lol.

but i watched about 150 eps alrady and i do not think its emotional.
but i may be wrong.

we need to wait i think till it stop airing or there is an constant emotional feeling left after watchng one peiece, like looking back and being sad and getting over a death for example.
Click for link^
Apr 1, 2010 4:34 AM

Dec 2008
I have been watching a series called Natsume Yuujinchou that has been keeping me on the edge of my chair. At first I thought it was going to be all about a guy going around returning names to these youkai but instead the episodes are turning into real emotional rollercoasters because he encounters various youkai and each has their own bit of tragedy about them. the last few episodes have really touched be as there is already a level of gentleness about the series and its made even more so by these stories that are woven into it. Artwork is sot and beautiful and the music is wonderful. The series is thoroughly recommendable and well worth adding to the list IMHO
May the Uguu be with you.

Apr 30, 2010 11:31 AM

Nov 2009
Kuroshitsuji
Aug 4, 2010 11:20 PM

Jul 2009
5cm per second
Oct 6, 2010 12:50 PM

Sep 2010
BakaMatt said:
adamskinner said:

I question the inclusion of "Clannad" (not Clannad After Story, obviously)

I don't really think there is any question without a doubt regarding the first season of Clannad :)
The most emotional scene that I saw in the first season was Fuko's arc and the end of Nagisa's arc..

I totally agree, the first season might not be as good or emotional as the second, but it was still pretty emotional (like you said; the Fuko and Nagisa arc, and also the Kotomi arc IMO).
nixops said:
I have been watching a series called Natsume Yuujinchou that has been keeping me on the edge of my chair. At first I thought it was going to be all about a guy going around returning names to these youkai but instead the episodes are turning into real emotional rollercoasters because he encounters various youkai and each has their own bit of tragedy about them. the last few episodes have really touched be as there is already a level of gentleness about the series and its made even more so by these stories that are woven into it. Artwork is sot and beautiful and the music is wonderful. The series is thoroughly recommendable and well worth adding to the list IMHO

Also true, the soundtrack is wonderful as well.

Another one I'd like to add is Angel Beats!
Since it's also a Key work you probably know what it will be like, only this one wasn't produced by KyoAni.
Like other Key works it has it's fun moments, but it's more about the story and the emotion. I have to say I thought it was a bit rushed at the end, but it still had quite some tearjerking moments.
MerushiOct 6, 2010 1:10 PM

We can't change the world with Anime...

…but we'll try

Vote for your favorite K-ON songs here
Oct 27, 2010 12:22 PM
Oct 2010
Eureka Seven, Loved it, So much emotion and shows that a man would give his heart and soul for a women thats worth dieing for.
Nov 18, 2010 8:38 AM

May 2010
Otome Yokai Zakuro? It gives something :>
It might just be my moe obsessiveness but I felt emotional at some times in the show.
It's still on so there might be more emotional moments.
"My happiness comes from the kindness of those around me"
Dec 29, 2010 11:24 PM

Mar 2009
Princess Tutu, even got to cry during the last 4 episodes or so on this one. Man, trying to think how to suggest this without spoilers, but epic battles against fate is certainly there, very emotional rooting for the characters!
Dec 30, 2010 4:17 PM

May 2009
ok i like to hear everyones thoughts on toradora...its been a long time since i seen it.

is it worth putting on the list?

about princess tutu..let me just watch that and otome yokai zakuro aswell..
Click for link^
Dec 30, 2010 5:40 PM

Sep 2010
Well, I guess you already know my thoughts about Toradora.
It's true it's not an anime that's emotional in every episode, but I guess there are others in the list that aren't as well.
Also, I think 'emotional' doesn't always have to be drama, loss or tears of misery. Especially the second half of Toradora is like a bottle of mixed emotions. Romance always comes with tears, and they're not always tears of joy. Love can make you go for strange paths and eventually you can get caught in a labyrinth.
I really don't know how to describe it better, but Toradora kept on playing and fooling my emotions and thoughts on the story.
Though it's not a 'die-hard'-drama, it sometimes made me feel like crawling in a corner and cry for a minute.
So despite being a romantic slice-of-life comedy, for me it definitely fits in the list.
But then again, that's my opinion, so I'd also like to hear the opinion of others.

…but we'll try

Dec 30, 2010 6:28 PM

May 2009
yeah theres a few animes up there i havent seen like chaos;head etc.

but most of those animes have a "tramatic" experince in the anime that is good at dragging out your emotions...

im an expert in the area :D i search for the animes that make you emo hehe.

there isn't really a pre-determined ruleset for anime to be on the list, but it usually just has to make someone want to tear their heart out.

i think the list is more "tragic,angst" emotional then happy emotional because happy emotional doesnt really work alone and you need some sad which then becomes happy to make a real effect when it comes to happy animes...like the chick is not really dead, or the dude saves the chick by bringing her back to life after she died..

well i think we just need anime that move us, and well i don't really mind putting it on the list..but does it generally move people emotionally on a big scale at one point in the anime then im fine with putting it up there.

if it does for you and many others i see no reason to not put it on there...but i think we need a bigger opinion because i can't make a decision cause i havent seen it in a long time and if i remember correctly the only real emo bit was near the end when it got abit more serious.
Click for link^
Dec 30, 2010 7:06 PM

Sep 2010
Well I totally agree about the moving people part and also about the bigger opinion part.
It made a real big impression on me and it certainly moved me at some points,
so I'm also curious about the opinion of others.
Like I said, it depends on how people look at it, and how they experience it.
So I definitely won't go mad if it weren't put on the list, and I would understand why since it's indeed not an overall emotional anime.

…but we'll try

Nov 26, 2011 6:17 PM

Oct 2009
Honey and Clover - Very emotional. If it weren't for the moments of hilarity I think I would have fallen apart a few times. The back stories are tragic, but the characters are real and can be enjoyed. Not all woe is me fml! Suprisingly not Emo.
.........Then there is the second season which brings tragedy to the present and is mostly heartwrenching because it is realistic. First season was realistic in the backstories and effects on the characters, but making it the focus for a set of characters was rough.

I am trying so very hard not to spoil because I dont know how to use spoiler tags, LOL
Someone must be about to die: they're playing j-pop disco! -Frohike
Dec 13, 2012 1:02 PM

Dec 2012
I'm genuinely surprised Fullmetal Alchemist (the 2003 version at least!) isn't on the list! Apart from being one the best animes (or, indeed, best shows), it's so very emotionally mature, and often outright heart wrenching. I, for one, know for sure that no matter how many animes I watch none of them will affect me (and by that I mean emotionally traumatise) the way FMA did.

Not to mention the soundtracks of both versions (2003 and Brotherhood) adds a whole new depth to the story. The track 'Brothers', whether Vic Mignogna's or the Russian version, is enough to reduce anyone to tears.
fullmetalbenderDec 13, 2012 1:08 PM
Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

Mar 24, 2013 10:00 AM

May 2012
The most emotional ones ive seen are AnoHana, Angel Beats and Code Geass R2. These 3 all had endings that left me streaming in tears. Elfen Lied would be too but that is assuming you can get past the previous parts to get to the emotional bit...
Mar 26, 2013 10:08 PM
Feb 2013
Yea ongoing anime is a bit inconvenient.

I recently watched: NANA, Ga-Rei -Zero-, The Placed Promised In Our Early Days
and I thought they were pretty good thanks for the recommendations!
Mar 28, 2013 9:04 AM
Mar 2013
try kimi ga nozuno eien and 5cm per second..both animes will make you cry..
Apr 17, 2013 5:41 PM
Feb 2013
I thought Kimi was ok nothing too amazing but I agree with 5cm per second all the way!
Sep 24, 2013 12:16 PM
Dec 2012
All right, I recommend Code Geass....... It's very emotional and has lots of dramatic moments. This was the very first anime I cried in. It has a very good plot line even though it's a bit long. You won't regret the ending especially. My number one ultimate tear-jerker T~T.
Apr 30, 2015 6:44 AM

Apr 2014
Wow, Im surprise that Little Busters and Little Busters!refrain aren't here. Both made me cry a lot. The characters story have a lot of drama and the art is cute. (Sorry my bad English :v)
Mar 5, 2016 11:45 PM
Jul 2015
1. Angel Beats!
2. Nagi No Asukara
3. Plastic Memories

(Order doesn't rate or count, just randomly.)

Sep 28, 2019 11:22 AM
Jul 2019
I don´t know if this club is dead but i´m gonna make my recommendations anyway.

1. Plastic Memories
If you havent watched Plastic memories yet then what are you doing just watch it already. This anime will make you cry and get the feels.
2. Anohana
What can i say this anime is a masterpeice.
3. Angel Beats!/ Clannad
I got two in the 3rd place so pick your fancy.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» the best emotional tragic anime discussion!

ange10 - Feb 9, 2010

49 by amaya_marian »»
Dec 20, 2016 10:23 AM

» Good emotional mangas?

sockersoppa - Aug 26, 2010

11 by ange10 »»
Aug 17, 2014 2:58 PM

» Anime Relations List

ange10 - Jan 4, 2011

10 by coolbreeze3 »»
Jul 22, 2013 11:31 PM

» great anime recommendation

ange10 - Mar 13, 2010

17 by GenuineAnime »»
Jan 26, 2013 1:29 PM

» Good Romance Manga

anime_luver123 - Feb 20, 2011

2 by Nikko_ni_ni »»
Mar 19, 2011 10:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.